Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.1.96, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)
in The Commons
Daz 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of Daz Install Manager!
- Version: 1.4.1.96
- Date: January 30, 2026
What is new in this version?
Signing of application
Source maintenance

Comments
I upgraded Install Manager this morning when the prompts popped up. It is now version 1.41.96. Under "Installed" tab there is nothing showing. Is there something I'm not doing or setting I need to change to make the program recognize the installed Daz Studio and stock content? I don't have unlimited bandwith to download everything again. I'm a fairly new user. Very frustrating first thing this morning. I'm still drinking my coffee! Lol
Installing an update should not touch settings, it is more likely that ssomething like security software interfered with the process. If you customised your paths from the defaults make sure they are still as you set them (in this case the manifests archive in the Installation tab of Advanced Settings would be the one to check).
Is it just me or does DIM get slower with every update?
Traffic will affect it, it certainly seemed slow yesterday with a lot of mad stores.
Is it possible to add a deletion warning popup for the next DIM update? I tried updating DIM thumbnails at 3AM and it was a terrible idea.
I typically select all products -> Retrive thumbnail -> All missing in selected after purchasing/odering items.
A simple mouse movement would bring me Delete thumbnail -> All existing in selected
I realized I was deleting thumbnails and managed to cancel the operation halfway.
I just received this warning when I opened DIM today. Is there an Apple Silicon version available?
Not yet, but I sure hope Daz are planning to release one before the fall when the new macOS is expected to discontinue support for the old Intel code.
For the record, version 27 of MacOS which will launch in fall 2026 will still support Intel apps. It's the next one which will drop them.
Daz has an Apple silicon version of DS2026 planned according to the evergreen thread, and they most likely will provide one for DIM too.
Thank you @Leana
How do I clear the Cache for DIM?
I had Measure Metrics for Daz Studio 6 (Mac 64-bit) SKU 89911 (the plug-in) and Measure Metrics for Daz Studio 6 (Mac 64-bit) Public Build +BETA+ SKU 89826, show up in my Ready to Download in DIM. SKU 89911 keeps failing.
And while I was checking this out I found a Daz Studio 6 (Mac 64-bit) SKU 89908 which is dated 27 May 2026 and I had not seen before.
One should the sku 89911 be able to download?
And is sku 89908 available for those of us who have worked in the Alpha/Beta version up to this point? (6.25.2026.14722 is my current release date.)
Mary
Edit to add: I solved my issue with the plug-in, I had to track down the folder where plug-ins are stored and tell the install window it. (Don't listen to news at the same time as trying to figure out rare DIM install pop-ups.)
Still, what is up with that DS6?
DIM always fails to update when it tells me it needs to. And then after the failure, it works just fine. Even though it's the older version.
I just got an interestig notification whle using DIM 1.4.1.96 from my system notifications regarding its (and other Intel based programs') compatibility with upcoming Mac OS upgrades, namely that coming Mac OS 28 (Mac is currently on OS 26.5.1), Intel based APPs will no longer be supported, including the current version of DIM. Is DAZ working on an Apple Silicon version of DIM to address this upcoming event? If so, how soon can we expct that release?
They have an Apple Silicon version of DS6 planned (it's listed in the evergreen thread), but they have not given any ETA. DIM will likely be updated at the same time.
For the past few weeks I have been experiencing purchased products not always showing up when I open DIM. I have had to install what I did receive and then do a 'restart' on DIM and find not only my missing product(s) but also some additional updates. Today, my whole order was in DIM and I went through my normal process but when I opened DS4.24.0.4 none of the products appeard. So after closing D|S I reopened DIM and uninstalled and reinstalled the files. Now they appear, along with the updates.
As DIM was opening up, I did have DS6.25.2026.19821 up and buried behind windows. I closed it immediately but for some reason Apple warned me is was open in the background. I forced it to quit. This was a number of minutes after I hit close. I had not started to download on DIM (it generally takes 10 - 15 minutes for the handshake with my system's files. BTW, this was the first time DS6 did this. Not sure if it is due to the recent update to macOS Golden Gate V.27.0.
I had trouble with Addy Irene and VRV Irene Jewelry for Genesis 9 but after a third try of uninstalling and reinstalling the product has finally shown up in Smart Content with metadata!
Is there some issue with the server that responds to requests for downloads from DIM that needs a doctor called in to see what is wrong with it? (Yeah, I know it is a technician or a software person but the server needs some TLC.) This is getting crazy.
Mary
An update to my weirdness, I closed DIM finally a couple minutes ago after making sure all files were okay. I turned to my main monitor and found another notification that a DAZ program was running in the background. It was DIM. And it had reopened to the sign-in page.
Now that I think about this, I am also getting a similar issue on my iPad but with YouTube TV when I close it, and go to find another app, the reduced window is showing up of YTTV. Something really weird is going on after the last batch of updates from Apple.