The 'Eat Your Food and Like It' Complaint Thread
This discussion has been closed.
Adding to Cart…
Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA
© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.You currently have no notifications.
Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA
© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Comments
Thanks.
I guess I'm not surprised at her response... not entirely, anyway. I've worked places where the management was just as bad -- if not worse -- than the employees. Disappointed, but I think I've lost too much faith in humanity to be surprised.
In the meantime, I have to pivot to dealing with medical assistance again, because today I got a scolding letter in the mail saying I had received a mailing previously and not picked a health plan to go with the disabiity MA for Little Dude, and I needed to return the form that was sent.
1. Kinda hard because NO I DID NOT RECEIVE A MAILING
and
2. I spent literally four hours on the phone through four different departments, just to get to the one that could enroll me in a plan, because no one had said anything about a plan, and I was pretty sure that I needed one. And she told me I did not need one, so no, she wouldn't be enrolling me.
SO WHICH IS IT???
And for the love of mercy, could these nitwits just TRAIN THEIR PEOPLE???? And maybe, I dunno, stop yelling at us poor schmucks being dragged through the system for not knowing when we're being fed a line of bologna?
So guess what I'll be doing tomorrow....
What's behind door #1? It's a whole lot of #2!!
non-complaint: After only half an hour on hold (spoiler alert: the music has not gotten better) I talked to someone who could help me on the first try. Turns out the letter was sent in error and I can disregard it.
Now, granted, that's half an hour of listening to sanity-destroying hold music that I never should have had to endure, but I was prepared for another full-day ordeal like last time, so I'll take the win. And it means I don't have to pick a health plan, which makes me even happier.
Non-complaint: Wheee..., tomorrow is a urology checkup appointment.
Which means I get to have a restaurant meal, be it breakfast or brunch.
And I'm close enough to the hospital I can toddle (slowly) two blocks up the hill to the hospital where I will park myself in the finance office until I resolve their problem of not knowing which insurance company I'm now using and they promise to resubmit the bills for which am unwilling be the fall guy. Having done this previously (5 years ago), it seems that showing up in person, seems to have magical results.
Complaint: It's still four weeks before I get paid again (SS deposit), and I'm already bottoming out on my budget this month.
Sigh, dipping into the savings again. Grrr..., darn insurance deductables on doctor appointments and medical tests are eating me alive, but the silver lining to the cloud is that at this rate, somtime before Halloween, all the deductables will have been been paid and MediGap will then (supposedly) take care of everything else for the year(yay!). So, I'll arrange with the Great Spirit to have all my major medical breakdowns after that.
delurking.. life has been really intrusive the last 8 months.. I can surely sympathize with your medical woes.
for what its worth, in September was admitte to hospital with svere life threatening anemia.. spent a week in there, with 3 blood transfusions, 3 iron infusions, a CT scan, a colonoscopy, an endoscopy., 2 specialized ultrasoundsfollowed by some esophageal banding on varisces. Then over to a specialist, new meds, and follow up endoscopies every two months,plus an echocardioram. and anotehr specilazed cancer screening via ultrasound, and 4 goes of monthly iron infusions . - will never see a bill for all that.
Diagnosis was finally conforned as end stage metabolic liver disease as a complication and consequence of long term Type 1 diabetes.. Off to the hospital again for another set of follow up tests and another iron infusion.... I;m not curable, but am stable, and I'll settle for stable..
I'm so sorry. Wishing you comfort and continued stable status.
Hoping your stable condition also comes with comfort for the foreseeable future!
Complaint: Agency asked me to be in for 18:00, my load isn't due to be delivered until 01:00 and it's only a 2.5-3hr drive away. So I'm sat in my truck doing bugger all.
Non-Complaint: I get paid by the hour.
Thanks!
I also hope you will be stable for a very long time.
Thnaks.. I've come to terms with it, and while its somewhat life altering, I'm ok with it..
I want to eat more cookies, but I don't want there to be no more cookies.
Organise a new supply drop, and start on the cookies you have at the suggested delivery time.
Regards,
Richard
Non-complaint: Yay! Urologist says I'm OK for another year.
Non-complaint: Toddled one block up the street to a little diner next to the hospital. Breakfast.
Non-complaint: Toddled one more block up the hill to the hospital. Showed my bill to the finance lady. She searched her records and could find nothing that I owed. Ummm..., OK?
I'll take that result, and not look the gift horse in the mouth unless he bites me later. Although she did give me a number to call for deeper research into why.
Non-complaint: Celebrated budget relief by Ubering to Chinese takeout restaurant. Got my Schezwan Chicken take-out, in 5 minutes and took the same Uber to home. All mischief managed by 11:00AM. A good day.
And no nose leaks.
I want cookies also, but they are death disks to me.
I ordered this cute shirt set. I don't think it can fit me. Can't return it as it is clearance item.
But wow! It fits Michael perfectly!
Oh, if only I were 43 again. (*sigh*)
An Observation: The town road maintenance crew are out here, scraping the road & ditch clear of dirt & gravel that came down from the hill during the recent gully washers.
Farmer neighbor up the hill came the other day and got the best stuff to put back into his garden.
I wish they'd put all that gravel back into my driveway. The ruts have gotten 6 inches deep and I have to step carefully off my bottom porch step either into the rut or skip over to the center high spot.
Cars have to be careful not to yank their mufflers off on the high spot.
I don't have a car though, so I really don't care.
But my porch stair railing has a nice new, spherical, copper newel cap on the bottom post,
so that I can grab it and control my decent onto the driveway when leaving, or use it to grab on and yank myself off the driveway onto the first step, when coming home.
non-complaint: I went in for my annual breast-flattening yesterday, and results came back normal. Hadn't been concerned, but always nice to get confirmation. Little Dude had a good time with his grandfolks while I was out. I sold off an old piece of band gear that the ex- left behind for $75 at the local guitar shop. Picked up Teen Kiddo on my way back from that and we all hung out with my folks for the rest of the night. Kiddo and I made a stop at the gas station for ice cream treats on the way, paid for by part of the $75. The fact that if he'd known it would've fried his backside just made it more sweet.
It was definitely weird running errands solo, though. I think the last time I was out on my own was last fall. It felt like I'd forgotten to put on pants or something.
complaint: I'd really wanted to sell off the electric guitar the ex left behind, but apparently it's busted. How apt. Also, much as Little Dude enjoyed his grandparent time yesterday, today he's clearly feeling the routine disruption today, and it's been a dumpster fire.
non-complaint: Explained the guitar situation to a friend, and asked if she knew anyone who would be interested in a free guitar that needs some (I'm told) minor repairs. She said she was sure she could help it find a new home. And while I probably could've gone the route of getting it repaired and then selling it, my mental health really needed to not be still cleaning up after the ex's broken stuff that he decided to offload onto me rather than be an adult and handle himself. So I'm content with the outcome (even if it wasn't the ideal) and trusting fate that it will come out the way it was meant to for the highest good. Her kids are teenagers, and while they're not intersted, maybe one of their friends is. I might've just given an upcoming rock legend their break. :)
Legit complaint:
Best By Dates that look like this: "010125B9-7KGL-09452-BB-092327-YRBDE520220922 15:46:09:27" or "BB-09232027"...
Now that food costs more than real estate, it'd be really nice to easily decipher when the hell it'll expire.
Every single product should have an area on the Nutritional Information label that clearly states "Best By" date (still edible but not necessarily as tasty as before) and "Expiration Date" (Throw it out or risk getting sick or damaging your plumbing).
I just almost used a can of beans that had a best by date of 2017 because the stupid bb date was part of the lot code information... I opened it up and it just didn't look right at all... but if I wasn't paying attention I could've dumped it in the chile I was making and got everyone sick.
I mean not everyone on earth... though chile gone wrong is a good premise for the origin story for either a zombie movie or a superhero flick.
Depending how many people eat the chili and how severe the impact on the plumbing, could also be the next disaster movie....
Non-complaints: 1. Speaking of plumbing...Husband, after buying the parts several weeks ago, finally replaced the toilet flush mechanism & handle today. He was apparently inspired by the letter in today's mail from the Water Utility, saying, "Hey, you're using this much water per hour."
2. When my pay dropped yesterday afternoon, we went out to do a bit of yard & garden shopping. Got a few tomato plants & another rose. We also picked up a bag of ant/flea/tick killer for the yard. The doggos are on flea/tick preventative but we need to be able to work in the yard.
3. We also stopped at a food truck we've wanted to try. Well worth it, with amazing brisket sandwiches.
4. I am being guilt-free lazy this afternoon, after spreading the bug killer and transplanting a few plants.
5. Off work until I start at library Monday.
Neutrality: Husband wants to try the native American planting technique of Three Sisters, planting corn, beans, and squash together.
(Yard) Complaints: 1. Still haven't gotten mower working. Will probably have to pay someone. 2. We need more bags of soil for gardening.
I don't know if you have this around you, but there is a program/charity in Colorado that solicites old musical instruments that are gently used or might need some repair to be donated to schools and kids who want to learn to play music. Possibly checking with a local music school or store might connect you with a local program. And give you a tax credit?
I can understand that weird feeling when you are on your own for a free period of time. Almost don't know what to do with yourself again.
I had the opposite yesterday. Flatmate's day off and we had haircuts, his dentist appointment, we both scheduled eye appointments (around my upcoming medical appointments), and then picked up taco plates to go. Both of us exhausted but all needed stuff. Cats not happy with me though. I heard about it from them. The SILENT treatment of backs turned on me went on all night.
How I wish mine would do that. But no, I get screeching and her stinky butt in my face.
I have heard that the cats' bottom is another scent zone, along with the cats' cheeks and forehead. Yours may be offering you their most trusted, vulnerable, location to scent. Consider it an honor. :-)
Trust me, that particular brand of scent could never be considered an honour
Well, we are not CATS!
Yeah, I thought about that, but it was way more time and energy I wanted to spend, and with my tax situation charity deductions don't do diddly. Knowing that friend, she'll offer it to someone who couldn't have swung it otherwise. So, same end result, except that this one gets picked up from my house. :)
Whoof. Busy day. It's good to get all those boxes checked, but it can be exhausting.
I always thought flattening was something done to young girls in third world countries? Or am I thinking about something completely different?
Sorry, I'm an old dinosaur and not up to speed with modern stuff.
I was referring to the hydraulic press that is the mammogram machine. :P
(And then once the tech has you screwed into the vise-grip of the machine's plates, they say "don't move" and run over to hit the scan button. Um... not exactly capable of making a run for it, but okay...)
Ah, I see. Glad you got normal results.