The 'Eat Your Food and Like It' Complaint Thread

1…8182848687…100

Comments

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    garrett_3d said:

    Ah, I see. Glad you got normal results.

    Thanks. It was just a routine thing; thankfully there's no history of that in my family (other stuff, but not that) so I'm not particularly concerned, but it pays to be careful. Best survival rates are for an early catch, and my kids need me to live forever.

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    I am on the van heading to pick up my paycheck.  We are supposed to wear seatbelts on the van.  Michael is sitting next to me.  I just helped him put his seatbelt on.  He was quiet as he didn't say anything.

    i am going to move but noz sure when.  But it is an option to avoid the landlord for reference to the next apartment.  She is one big liar.

    IMG_1958.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,010

    Should he not be using a booster seat at his age?

  • edited April 25

    SilverGirl said:

    garrett_3d said:

    I always thought flattening was something done to young girls in third world countries? Or am I thinking about something completely different?

     

    Sorry, I'm an old dinosaur and not up to speed with modern stuff.

    I was referring to the hydraulic press that is the mammogram machine. :P

    (And then once the tech has you screwed into the vise-grip of the machine's plates, they say "don't move" and run over to hit the scan button. Um... not exactly capable of making a run for it, but okay...)

    Many years ago, I saw a cartoon about the "hydraulic press." There's an older man sitting in his recliner, looking up from his newspaper (I did write that I saw this long ago) as his wife is walking past. Him: Back from the mammogram? Her: How'd you know it was today? 

    The wife's bustline was drawn the exact shape & thinness of the machine's Super-squeezer plates! 

    PS: I get mine in June

    PPS: And men think the exams they get are The Worst! tortures...

    Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    SilverGirl said:

    garrett_3d said:

    I always thought flattening was something done to young girls in third world countries? Or am I thinking about something completely different?

     

    Sorry, I'm an old dinosaur and not up to speed with modern stuff.

    I was referring to the hydraulic press that is the mammogram machine. :P

    (And then once the tech has you screwed into the vise-grip of the machine's plates, they say "don't move" and run over to hit the scan button. Um... not exactly capable of making a run for it, but okay...)

    Many years ago, I saw a cartoon about the "hydraulic press." There's an older man sitting in his recliner, looking up from his newspaper (I did write that I saw this long ago) as his wife is walking past. Him: Back from the mammogram? Her: How'd you know it was today? 

    The wife's bustline was drawn the exact shape & thinness of the machine's Super-squeezer plates! 

    PS: I get mine in June

    PPS: And men think the exams they get are The Worst! tortures...

    Thank you for getting yours!

    Love that cartoon description. Thank you.

    At least I only had to do it once this year, though. Last year was my first, and I wound up going first to the 2D place, and then having to make a separate appointment with the 3D place, where I got two rounds with the squisher and two with the ultrasound machine (first the tech, and then the doc came in) before they were satisfied that there was nothing going on that shouldn't be. This year since they had the baseline to compare it to, I just got the one round at the 3D place. I'm super grateful for their dedication to being thorough, though. Better safe than sorry.

    I definitely was glad I followed my mom's advice: "Take some Advil before you go in, and when they crank the plate down... don't look. There's nothing about that you want to see."

  • Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 665
    edited April 25

    Non-Complaint: The weather was lovely today!

    Complaint: Got one of those AI-spoofed text messages from 'a friend' today. It's easy enough to trick the clankers into revealing themselves almost immediately, but I know that won't be the case forever. 

    Post edited by Blando Calrissian on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,506
    edited April 25

    Non-complaint:  I finally called the phone number given to me for access to information straight from the horses mouth at the hospital's main billing offices.  She confirmed that I do not currently owe the hospital any money.  Yay!yes  And she confirmed that the bill is currently being submitted to my proper insurance company, and she has now removed my old insurance company from the list.  (I don't know why that wasn't done automaticallyfrown)  It may turn out that I owe something that the insurance doesn't cover but it should be less than the bill last sent to me. (Fingers crossed)indecision

    Complaint:  Last night while watching TV, eating a bowl of pea soup, my nose started leaking again.sad  All better in 10 minutes though.  Soup was still warm enough to eat.yes

    Non-complaint:  I'm getting pretty good at washing blood out of my t-shirts.frown

    Complaint:  I had to throw out a bunch of overly old potatoes.  And my onions are sprouting and getting soft. (*sigh*)  

    Non-complaint:  I have enough food in the house to not need potatoes or onions for a while.  No need for a grocery run for a week.  (Yay, more budget relief.)  Also, no doctor appointments for 6 weeks.smiley

    Complaint:  The next doctor to be seen is my dentist.  He wants me to have a root canal procedure.  I've been putting it off, but my bad tooth keeps reminding me now and then.  Bye-bye $$$$  crying

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,010

    Screw root canal, I'd rather have an extraction.

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,506

    garrett_3d said:

    Screw root canal, I'd rather have an extraction.

    Sounds like there's a story there.indecision 

  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,010

    Just a bit. I had my one and only root canal done at 15. The supposed "best dentist in the area" totally screwed it up. I ended up with a huge abcess like a golf ball on the side of my face, plus he damaged the surrounding teeth. So, as I hate needles in my mouth anyway, I just go for the extraction after a huge amount of jolly jelly. Never had an infection after an extraction. Once I run out of teeth, I'll get dentures - cheaper and easier to clean than implants.

    I do have to be careful now though as I'm on anti-coagulants and bleed like a {insert expletive here} so I'm trying to make my remaining teeth last as long as possible.

  • LeatherGryphon said:

    Non-complaint:  I finally called the phone number given to me for access to information straight from the horses mouth at the hospital's main billing offices.  She confirmed that I do not currently owe the hospital any money.  Yay!yes  And she confirmed that the bill is currently being submitted to my proper insurance company, and she has now removed my old insurance company from the list.  (I don't know why that wasn't done automaticallyfrown)  It may turn out that I owe something that the insurance doesn't cover but it should be less than the bill last sent to me. (Fingers crossed)indecision

    Non-complaint:  I'm getting pretty good at washing blood out of my t-shirts.frown

    !. Don't be surprised if the old insurance info shows up again at some point. It happened to us. We had a former plan that showed up every time we used a particular hospital, for years after the plan was switched. The new, correct plan was from a different insurer, through a different job, and had a different primary insured. We'd give the clerk the correct card; they'd say, "Uh, the computer shows you have FormerCo"; we'd say "Not any more"; they'd enter the card info; the claim would finally go to and be paid by the correct company. Next visit was a Rinse & Repeat scenario. I think the only thing that ended it was we moved out of state so never used the hospital again. I still wonder if FormerCo would pop up if we or one of the kids visited Previous City and had to go to that hospital. Granted this was 20 years or so ago, but computers, amirite?

    2. If Hydrogen Peroxide isn't working on all of them, or you have older stains, get some Awesome, either the stain sprain or their general cleaner. Awesome often takes out set in stains. It's very cheap (here $1 for a pint spray bottle or $3 for a refill jug) and I find it at Dollar General and Walmart (where I think you mentioned shopping a lot).

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,153
    Soak blood stained clothes in saturated salty water, preferably while the blood is still wet pouring salt direct on the blood. Takes a couple of goes, then wash in machine. Works better when caught wet like that than any bleach. Alternatively, get a plastic baby style bib ;) Regards Richard
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,506
    edited April 25

    garrett_3d said:

    Just a bit. I had my one and only root canal done at 15. The supposed "best dentist in the area" totally screwed it up. I ended up with a huge abcess like a golf ball on the side of my face, plus he damaged the surrounding teeth. So, as I hate needles in my mouth anyway, I just go for the extraction after a huge amount of jolly jelly. Never had an infection after an extraction. Once I run out of teeth, I'll get dentures - cheaper and easier to clean than implants.

    I do have to be careful now though as I'm on anti-coagulants and bleed like a {insert expletive here} so I'm trying to make my remaining teeth last as long as possible.

    Ouch for your experience.no  However,  I trust my dentist, been with him for decades.  I still have all my teeth.  Well, except for four and a half of them... the four wisdom teeth extracted at 19, and a crown at 70.  I'm 77 now and I intend to keep the rest of them.  They're mostly in good condition and I've become accustomed to them.yes  It's almost like they grew on me.blush

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • LeatherGryphon said:

    Ouch for your experience.no  However,  I trust my dentist, been with him for decade.  I still have all my teeth.  Well, except for four and a half of them... the four wisdom teeth extracted at 19, and a crown at 70.  I'm 77 now and I intend to keep the rest of them.  They're mostly in good condition and I've become accustomed to them.yes  It's almost like they grew on me.blush

    Growing up, I watched my friends head off to the dentist one-by-one to get a wisdom tooth or two (or three or four) yanked. Never happened to me, but I assumed it would eventually. 

    Turns out that I don't have any wisdom teeth, and never did. I wonder what that says about me? laugh

  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,010

    I've had all my wisdom teeth pulled over the last ten years. Could explain my turning into a grumpy old {expletive} laugh

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    !. Don't be surprised if the old insurance info shows up again at some point. It happened to us. We had a former plan that showed up every time we used a particular hospital, for years after the plan was switched. The new, correct plan was from a different insurer, through a different job, and had a different primary insured. We'd give the clerk the correct card; they'd say, "Uh, the computer shows you have FormerCo"; we'd say "Not any more"; they'd enter the card info; the claim would finally go to and be paid by the correct company. Next visit was a Rinse & Repeat scenario.

    This. Last year I had some serious issues with my insurance getting rejected because we supposedly had other insurance.... which was a plan from a job that ex- had gotten fired from TEN YEARS AGO. Extra weird because we hadn't had an issue before that. It made for me beating my head against the wall for several months running trying to get Teen Kiddo's ADHD meds refilled, but somehow things got straightened out on the admin end and it finally stopped.

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    Blando Calrissian said:

    LeatherGryphon said:

    Ouch for your experience.no  However,  I trust my dentist, been with him for decade.  I still have all my teeth.  Well, except for four and a half of them... the four wisdom teeth extracted at 19, and a crown at 70.  I'm 77 now and I intend to keep the rest of them.  They're mostly in good condition and I've become accustomed to them.yes  It's almost like they grew on me.blush

    Growing up, I watched my friends head off to the dentist one-by-one to get a wisdom tooth or two (or three or four) yanked. Never happened to me, but I assumed it would eventually. 

    Turns out that I don't have any wisdom teeth, and never did. I wonder what that says about me? laugh

    You were smart enough to not grow them?

    Had mine pulled at 16. I think they didn't take into account my weight when calculating how much of the painkillers they should give me... I was a wisp of a thing back then, and WOW was I spacy. After the first day I figured the pain would be better than the side effects from the drugs and went to OTC stuff.

  • garrett_3d said:

    Just a bit. I had my one and only root canal done at 15. The supposed "best dentist in the area" totally screwed it up. I ended up with a huge abcess like a golf ball on the side of my face, plus he damaged the surrounding teeth. So, as I hate needles in my mouth anyway, I just go for the extraction after a huge amount of jolly jelly. Never had an infection after an extraction. Once I run out of teeth, I'll get dentures - cheaper and easier to clean than implants.

    I do have to be careful now though as I'm on anti-coagulants and bleed like a {insert expletive here} so I'm trying to make my remaining teeth last as long as possible.

    I was on anti-coagulants for a while and no insurance company wanted me within fifty feet of a dentist's office, and all the dentists insisted on written waivers to even clean my teeth.

  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,766
    Compliant: ERs, my wife started seizing tonight.
  • cjfeacjfea Posts: 335

    AgitatedRiot said:

    Compliant: ERs, my wife started seizing tonight.

     

    Oh no!  You are in my thoughts! 

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    I am doing okay.  Spent Thursday with my dad.  It went okay.  I told him my interest in learning Tagalog.  He kept insisting I was dropping the last g. But I could hear it every time.  He kept insisting I was saying it wrong, but I felt like I was saying it right.

  • cjfea said:

    AgitatedRiot said:

    Compliant: ERs, my wife started seizing tonight.

     

    Oh no!  You are in my thoughts! 

    Mine too. 

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,707

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    cjfea said:

    AgitatedRiot said:

    Compliant: ERs, my wife started seizing tonight.

     

    Oh no!  You are in my thoughts! 

    Mine too. 

    Here too, I hope it can be resolved satisfactorily.

  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,810

    Richard Haseltine said:

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    cjfea said:

    AgitatedRiot said:

    Compliant: ERs, my wife started seizing tonight.

     

    Oh no!  You are in my thoughts! 

    Mine too. 

    Here too, I hope it can be resolved satisfactorily.

    Yes, that must have been terrifying. I wish you the best. 

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,449

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    cjfea said:

    AgitatedRiot said:

    Compliant: ERs, my wife started seizing tonight.

     

    Oh no!  You are in my thoughts! 

    Mine too. 

    ...same here as well.

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,506

    AgitatedRiot said:

    Compliant: ERs, my wife started seizing tonight.

    Not good!sad  Stay strong for her. 

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,506
    edited April 27

    Complaint:  My Symphony Buddy is dropping and not replacing his leased car at the end of May!  Oh no!surprise  His partner/roommate/whatever still has a car but it's one of those "Smart Cars".  i.e. an oversized rollerskate, barely adequate for 1.5 people our size.frown  We've made plans for a last breakfast mini-adventure sometime first week of May while he still has a proper car.  I'm gonna miss trips to the symphony.sad

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,449

    ..sounds like being downgraded from a 737 to a Cessna 150.(the latter which has more interior room than a smart car).

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    butterflyfish said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    cjfea said:

    AgitatedRiot said:

    Compliant: ERs, my wife started seizing tonight.

     

    Oh no!  You are in my thoughts! 

    Mine too. 

    Here too, I hope it can be resolved satisfactorily.

    Yes, that must have been terrifying. I wish you the best. 

    Add my thoughts & well wishes for the best possible outcome.  

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 6,138

    richardandtracy said:

    Soak blood stained clothes in saturated salty water, preferably while the blood is still wet pouring salt direct on the blood. Takes a couple of goes, then wash in machine. Works better when caught wet like that than any bleach. Alternatively, get a plastic baby style bib ;) Regards Richard

    I use hydrogen peroxide. With all the knife slices, dog and cat bites, claw rips I get it is critical to keeping decent looking clothes in my closet. It also works on cat poop smears when Charlie used my White bathroom mats, and then scratched up the mats to bury the evidence. 

    Food stains I use hand dish detergent liberally applied to the spots and then sprayed with regular 409. This was a hint from my brother-in-law who was a chef and resturant owner before he and my sister retired. I hit the spots ASAP and then again just before I wash the items. Sometimes I miss and have to go again. Frying tortillas is a messy business.

     

This discussion has been closed.