The 'Eat Your Food and Like It' Complaint Thread

1…8384868889…100

Comments

  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,766

    LeatherGryphon said:

    Complaint:  OK, it's official.  I've blown my budget for the month and it's still two weeks until payday (SS deposit).  But still so many things on my plate (Where'd they come from?).frown

    “The aliens ripped my budget to shreds in the place they mockingly called ‘offices,’ and the spreadsheets went up in a slow, glorious ruin.”

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    Xyetzt said:

    DanaTA said:

    Non-Complaint: May the 4th be with you!

    I was coming by just to say that before it becomes Cinco de Mayo.  Wonder if my beef bean mix is still good for tomorrow?

     

    Thanks for the reminder 

     I had my tacos for dinner.  They were good. Now to go to bed. but I want to play with DS.  +

  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,766
    edited May 6

    Complaint: Spent more money since it burned up the "spreadsheets, which went up in a slow, glorious ruin."

    Non-Compliant: it went to this, 

    've got my old rig back up and running. It's built around an RTX 4060 Ti 16GB, an Intel i9‑14900KS, and 128GB of Patriot Viper (Black Viper) memory. I'm running both a Sound Blaster AE‑5 and an AE‑Plus, hooked into a Logitech Z‑5500 Digital speaker system. The motherboard is a Z690, and I'm using a 24‑inch monitor.

    Complaint: Wife will say, " Turn it down."

    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,766
    edited May 9

    Non-Compliant: A1C:

    "I looked at your most recent labs and your A1c was really good at 5.5%. I think we could keep you off for Trulicity for now and see how your weight & glucoses do." One year of multiple injections (plus Metformin twice a day) to weekly Truclicty shots and the Metformin. Weight at diagnoses 265

    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,506

    What's wrong with this picture?

     

     

    Screenshot 2026-05-06 130450.png
    1486 x 846 - 99K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,707

    LeatherGryphon said:

    What's wrong with this picture?

     

    It's the ghosts of removed posts haunting the page count.

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    Non-complaint: Passport application appointment dealt with. Now I just have to hope that the postal carrier actually delivers my passport (and the originals of my paperwork, which they took) to MY house and not one of the random neighbors down the block.

    Had to drop Little Dude with my folks while I dealt with it... Mom came out to fetch him from the car, and he grinned up at her and announced "So much fun!!!" which completely melted my heart.

    complaint: Now we're back home, because he was clearly getting tired, and the transition is not going well at all. Sigh. Well, if anyone got the easy one, I'm glad it was my folks.

  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,810

    SilverGirl said:

    Non-complaint: Passport application appointment dealt with. Now I just have to hope that the postal carrier actually delivers my passport (and the originals of my paperwork, which they took) to MY house and not one of the random neighbors down the block.

    Had to drop Little Dude with my folks while I dealt with it... Mom came out to fetch him from the car, and he grinned up at her and announced "So much fun!!!" which completely melted my heart.

    complaint: Now we're back home, because he was clearly getting tired, and the transition is not going well at all. Sigh. Well, if anyone got the easy one, I'm glad it was my folks.

     What an adorable thing for him to say! Sorry about the hard transition. 

    Complaint: I think I have to buy a new computer. My whole PC crashes and reboots after rendering for a random amount of time. It does it during certain games, too, so it's not specifically DS related. The repair guy says that all the parts are working fine, so it must be a software issue. He wants me to save out my data and then have me completely start over with a fresh installation of Windows. I'm iffy on whether it's worth it to spend time and money chasing a random software issue. I hate spending money, and I'd have to finance it, but I would be getting a better PC (and graphics card) than what I have now, so there's that. 

  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,010

    butterflyfish said:

    Complaint: I think I have to buy a new computer. My whole PC crashes and reboots after rendering for a random amount of time. It does it during certain games, too, so it's not specifically DS related. The repair guy says that all the parts are working fine, so it must be a software issue. He wants me to save out my data and then have me completely start over with a fresh installation of Windows. I'm iffy on whether it's worth it to spend time and money chasing a random software issue. I hate spending money, and I'd have to finance it, but I would be getting a better PC (and graphics card) than what I have now, so there's that. 

    I'd say the chances are you are running out of vRAM and it's causing Windows to crash. An upgrade is probably a good idea. 

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,707

    garrett_3d said:

    butterflyfish said:

    Complaint: I think I have to buy a new computer. My whole PC crashes and reboots after rendering for a random amount of time. It does it during certain games, too, so it's not specifically DS related. The repair guy says that all the parts are working fine, so it must be a software issue. He wants me to save out my data and then have me completely start over with a fresh installation of Windows. I'm iffy on whether it's worth it to spend time and money chasing a random software issue. I hate spending money, and I'd have to finance it, but I would be getting a better PC (and graphics card) than what I have now, so there's that. 

    I'd say the chances are you are running out of vRAM and it's causing Windows to crash. An upgrade is probably a good idea. 

    If it is only just happening, with activities that were OK before, I would suspect overheating as a first thing to check. Tool like GPUz and HW Monitor will check those as you work, with suitable anti-static precautiions a can of air or an electronics-safe blower would clean dust.

  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,810

    Richard Haseltine said:

    garrett_3d said:

    butterflyfish said:

    Complaint: I think I have to buy a new computer. My whole PC crashes and reboots after rendering for a random amount of time. It does it during certain games, too, so it's not specifically DS related. The repair guy says that all the parts are working fine, so it must be a software issue. He wants me to save out my data and then have me completely start over with a fresh installation of Windows. I'm iffy on whether it's worth it to spend time and money chasing a random software issue. I hate spending money, and I'd have to finance it, but I would be getting a better PC (and graphics card) than what I have now, so there's that. 

    I'd say the chances are you are running out of vRAM and it's causing Windows to crash. An upgrade is probably a good idea. 

    If it is only just happening, with activities that were OK before, I would suspect overheating as a first thing to check. Tool like GPUz and HW Monitor will check those as you work, with suitable anti-static precautiions a can of air or an electronics-safe blower would clean dust.

    Thanks, guys. I haven't seen any overheating. I was using Core Temp to check it. Maybe a more sophisticated software would do better?

    I only have an RTX3050 8GB for my graphics card. Could that be part of my problem? I turned off CPU rendering so it goes to black if the scene doesn't fit.

     

  • GordigGordig Posts: 10,811
    edited May 6

    I'm having second thoughts about this job application.

    Screenshot 2026-05-06 150005.png
    435 x 142 - 5K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    butterflyfish said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    garrett_3d said:

    butterflyfish said:

    Complaint: I think I have to buy a new computer. My whole PC crashes and reboots after rendering for a random amount of time. It does it during certain games, too, so it's not specifically DS related. The repair guy says that all the parts are working fine, so it must be a software issue. He wants me to save out my data and then have me completely start over with a fresh installation of Windows. I'm iffy on whether it's worth it to spend time and money chasing a random software issue. I hate spending money, and I'd have to finance it, but I would be getting a better PC (and graphics card) than what I have now, so there's that. 

    I'd say the chances are you are running out of vRAM and it's causing Windows to crash. An upgrade is probably a good idea. 

    If it is only just happening, with activities that were OK before, I would suspect overheating as a first thing to check. Tool like GPUz and HW Monitor will check those as you work, with suitable anti-static precautiions a can of air or an electronics-safe blower would clean dust.

    Thanks, guys. I haven't seen any overheating. I was using Core Temp to check it. Maybe a more sophisticated software would do better?

    I only have an RTX3050 8GB for my graphics card. Could that be part of my problem? I turned off CPU rendering so it goes to black if the scene doesn't fit.

     

    My first guess was overheating, too, but if that's not it... Are your drivers up to date? I know that can cause problems, and would hopefully be a reasonably easy fix.

  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,810

    SilverGirl said:

    butterflyfish said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    garrett_3d said:

    butterflyfish said:

    Complaint: I think I have to buy a new computer. My whole PC crashes and reboots after rendering for a random amount of time. It does it during certain games, too, so it's not specifically DS related. The repair guy says that all the parts are working fine, so it must be a software issue. He wants me to save out my data and then have me completely start over with a fresh installation of Windows. I'm iffy on whether it's worth it to spend time and money chasing a random software issue. I hate spending money, and I'd have to finance it, but I would be getting a better PC (and graphics card) than what I have now, so there's that. 

    I'd say the chances are you are running out of vRAM and it's causing Windows to crash. An upgrade is probably a good idea. 

    If it is only just happening, with activities that were OK before, I would suspect overheating as a first thing to check. Tool like GPUz and HW Monitor will check those as you work, with suitable anti-static precautiions a can of air or an electronics-safe blower would clean dust.

    Thanks, guys. I haven't seen any overheating. I was using Core Temp to check it. Maybe a more sophisticated software would do better?

    I only have an RTX3050 8GB for my graphics card. Could that be part of my problem? I turned off CPU rendering so it goes to black if the scene doesn't fit.

     

    My first guess was overheating, too, but if that's not it... Are your drivers up to date? I know that can cause problems, and would hopefully be a reasonably easy fix.

    Yeah, I don't have any updates available. I'm on 596.36. And the computer repair guy switched me from the game ready to the studio driver, so that wasn't it, either. 

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,707

    butterflyfish said:

    SilverGirl said:

    butterflyfish said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    garrett_3d said:

    butterflyfish said:

    Complaint: I think I have to buy a new computer. My whole PC crashes and reboots after rendering for a random amount of time. It does it during certain games, too, so it's not specifically DS related. The repair guy says that all the parts are working fine, so it must be a software issue. He wants me to save out my data and then have me completely start over with a fresh installation of Windows. I'm iffy on whether it's worth it to spend time and money chasing a random software issue. I hate spending money, and I'd have to finance it, but I would be getting a better PC (and graphics card) than what I have now, so there's that. 

    I'd say the chances are you are running out of vRAM and it's causing Windows to crash. An upgrade is probably a good idea. 

    If it is only just happening, with activities that were OK before, I would suspect overheating as a first thing to check. Tool like GPUz and HW Monitor will check those as you work, with suitable anti-static precautiions a can of air or an electronics-safe blower would clean dust.

    Thanks, guys. I haven't seen any overheating. I was using Core Temp to check it. Maybe a more sophisticated software would do better?

    I only have an RTX3050 8GB for my graphics card. Could that be part of my problem? I turned off CPU rendering so it goes to black if the scene doesn't fit.

     

    My first guess was overheating, too, but if that's not it... Are your drivers up to date? I know that can cause problems, and would hopefully be a reasonably easy fix.

    Yeah, I don't have any updates available. I'm on 596.36. And the computer repair guy switched me from the game ready to the studio driver, so that wasn't it, either. 

    Does Core temp give temperature readngs for multple sensors, or just an overall value? HWMonitor and GPU Z give a pretty detailed breakdown.

    It might also be the PSU under load giuving issues, though I would have thought the tech would have checked that.

  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,810
    edited May 6

    Richard Haseltine said:

    butterflyfish said:

    SilverGirl said:

    butterflyfish said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    garrett_3d said:

    butterflyfish said:

    Complaint: I think I have to buy a new computer. My whole PC crashes and reboots after rendering for a random amount of time. It does it during certain games, too, so it's not specifically DS related. The repair guy says that all the parts are working fine, so it must be a software issue. He wants me to save out my data and then have me completely start over with a fresh installation of Windows. I'm iffy on whether it's worth it to spend time and money chasing a random software issue. I hate spending money, and I'd have to finance it, but I would be getting a better PC (and graphics card) than what I have now, so there's that. 

    I'd say the chances are you are running out of vRAM and it's causing Windows to crash. An upgrade is probably a good idea. 

    If it is only just happening, with activities that were OK before, I would suspect overheating as a first thing to check. Tool like GPUz and HW Monitor will check those as you work, with suitable anti-static precautiions a can of air or an electronics-safe blower would clean dust.

    Thanks, guys. I haven't seen any overheating. I was using Core Temp to check it. Maybe a more sophisticated software would do better?

    I only have an RTX3050 8GB for my graphics card. Could that be part of my problem? I turned off CPU rendering so it goes to black if the scene doesn't fit.

     

    My first guess was overheating, too, but if that's not it... Are your drivers up to date? I know that can cause problems, and would hopefully be a reasonably easy fix.

    Yeah, I don't have any updates available. I'm on 596.36. And the computer repair guy switched me from the game ready to the studio driver, so that wasn't it, either. 

    Does Core temp give temperature readngs for multple sensors, or just an overall value? HWMonitor and GPU Z give a pretty detailed breakdown.

    It might also be the PSU under load giuving issues, though I would have thought the tech would have checked that.

    My PSU is an 850, and NewEgg says I only need a 600-650 for power, so I don't *think* that's it.

    This is what I get from Core Temp

    screenshot

    Screenshot 2026-05-06 194311.png
    344 x 506 - 47K
    Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,707

    That's only the CPU, though. If thiis is happening in rendering and games it would be more likely to be the GPU that is overheating (if anything is).

    PSUs do degrade with time, how old is it? (Not that I am wedded to the idea, it is just another thing that could throw the odd glitch that might be related to system load.)

  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,810
    edited May 7

    Richard Haseltine said:

    That's only the CPU, though. If thiis is happening in rendering and games it would be more likely to be the GPU that is overheating (if anything is).

    PSUs do degrade with time, how old is it? (Not that I am wedded to the idea, it is just another thing that could throw the odd glitch that might be related to system load.)

    It's 2 years old. I upgraded it in early 2024 when I upgraded my motherboard and put in the CPU I got from AgitatedRiot (thank you again, AR). 

    edit: I've had it rendering the UltraScenery scene that it crashed on the other day for over 9 minutes now, and the GPU is at 60°C or so, which 72°C as the hotspot. It hasn't crashed yet, but would it suddenly get hotter later in the render? 

    Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,153

    Gordig said:

    I'm having second thoughts about this job application.

    If it's a job where you don't really care whether you get it or not (and I wouldn't if I had to answer a question like that) is say 'The money'. And maybe add in 'Stupid questions get stupid answers'. Wouldn't do your application chances any good, but it might make them think about their questions in the future. Assuming, of course, that humans see the replies to do the siftingand it's not left to AI.

    Regards,

    Richard

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    I sometimes think if I say I like money, people would take it wrong.

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,707
    edited May 7

    butterflyfish said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    That's only the CPU, though. If thiis is happening in rendering and games it would be more likely to be the GPU that is overheating (if anything is).

    PSUs do degrade with time, how old is it? (Not that I am wedded to the idea, it is just another thing that could throw the odd glitch that might be related to system load.)

    It's 2 years old. I upgraded it in early 2024 when I upgraded my motherboard and put in the CPU I got from AgitatedRiot (thank you again, AR). 

    edit: I've had it rendering the UltraScenery scene that it crashed on the other day for over 9 minutes now, and the GPU is at 60°C or so, which 72°C as the hotspot. It hasn't crashed yet, but would it suddenly get hotter later in the render? 

    It could do, yes - though generally only a little after the first little while. That does look fairly reasonable, I think, though I started typing this without checking exactly which GPU you have. It could be something as simple as a fan sticking, which would, spike the temperature and so cause a crash/system shut down - that would be hard to spot unless you saw the temperature spike or heard the fan noise change just before a crash.

    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,766

    richardandtracy said:

    Gordig said:

    I'm having second thoughts about this job application.

    If it's a job where you don't really care whether you get it or not (and I wouldn't if I had to answer a question like that) is say 'The money'. And maybe add in 'Stupid questions get stupid answers'. Wouldn't do your application chances any good, but it might make them think about their questions in the future. Assuming, of course, that humans see the replies to do the siftingand it's not left to AI.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Your position in that chair you are sitting.

  • AgitatedRiot said:

    richardandtracy said:

    Gordig said:

    I'm having second thoughts about this job application.

    If it's a job where you don't really care whether you get it or not (and I wouldn't if I had to answer a question like that) is say 'The money'. And maybe add in 'Stupid questions get stupid answers'. Wouldn't do your application chances any good, but it might make them think about their questions in the future. Assuming, of course, that humans see the replies to do the siftingand it's not left to AI.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Your position in that chair you are sitting.

    Lots of companies are using AI (or old fashioned algorithms) to evaluate job applications. Those that don't often task lower-tier human employees.

    I'd be tempted to put "Somewhere that isn't your employer."

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    A fun project I did today.

    IMG_2215.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,506

    Non-complaint:  It ain't broken!  I have a long relationship with Oneida silverware (i.e. tableware).  Good quality, pervasive.  At one time they sold half of all silverware in the US.  Sets of their tableware could be pricey.  Good heavy stainless steel tableware, fancy designs, many ancillary pieces.  At one time, at the beginning of my own home experience in the early '70s, they advertised in various magazines to give you a free place setting (knife, fork, spoon) if you registered for a subscription to buy more pieces monthly.  I did that, and got my free place setting and perhaps one more before I cancelled the subscription.  Then I saw another magazine with the same offer.  So, I got the free setting and perhaps purchased one more, then quit the subscription.  I did this over and over and, eventually had 12 sets and several serving pieces, (ladles, tablespoons, pie knives, meat forks, etc. )heart  I loved my collection and it hadn't really cost much because of all the freebies and discounted pieces.  But apparently that was during the time when Oneida was going through financial troubles.  And eventually, they sold out, and the marketing, and quality went downhill a bit.  Fast forward to the time when I lost everything in the financial crash after 9/11 when the towers came down.  I had auctioned off all of my household goods including the kitchen pots, pans & silverware, then lived out of boxes at my Aunt's home in Florida for a while until I got back on my feet and started housekeeping up here in western NY State.  I needed new tableware so I looked for Oneida and got a cheap set of eight from WalMart.  Not the same quality, semi-sharp edges on the spoon & fork handles, minor flaws in the stamped design, but still good, useful tools, and I assumed still made of stainless steel.indecision  HOWEVER, after a few years I noticed that my spoons were getting a bronze color in the bowls of the spoons.  Arghhh,  don't tell me these are electroplated bronze tools instead of stainless steel.angry  I've lived with that thought for 10 years or so, sadly noticing my spoons going bronzer and bronzer over time.  I'd tried rubbing them to see if it was just a stain, but it seemed to have no effect.  Sigh.sad  HOWEVER, today, I got a bee in my bonnet and started scrubbing the spoons HARD, and lo-and-behold, the bronze coloring came away and there was bright stainless steel underneath.  Yay!  Happy, happy.  Joy, joy.  So, apparently it is coffee or tea staining on my spoons and all I have to do is SCRUB and SCRUB and I'll get my bright shiney tableware back.  Wheee... life is good.smiley  Oneida still viable.yes

  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 13,645
    edited May 7

    LeatherGryphon said:

    Non-complaint:  It ain't broken!  I have a long relationship with Oneida silverware (i.e. tableware).  Good quality, pervasive.  At one time they sold half of all silverware in the US.  Sets of their tableware could be pricey.  Good heavy stainless steel tableware, fancy designs, many ancillary pieces.  At one time, at the beginning of my own home experience in the early '70s, they advertised in various magazines to give you a free place setting (knife, fork, spoon) if you registered for a subscription to buy more pieces monthly.  I did that, and got my free place setting and perhaps one more before I cancelled the subscription.  Then I saw another magazine with the same offer.  So, I got the free setting and perhaps purchased one more, then quit the subscription.  I did this over and over and, eventually had 12 sets and several serving pieces, (ladles, tablespoons, pie knives, meat forks, etc. )heart  I loved my collection and it hadn't really cost much because of all the freebies and discounted pieces.  But apparently that was during the time when Oneida was going through financial troubles.  And eventually, they sold out, and the marketing, and quality went downhill a bit.  Fast forward to the time when I lost everything in the financial crash after 9/11 when the towers came down.  I had auctioned off all of my household goods including the kitchen pots, pans & silverware, then lived out of boxes at my Aunt's home in Florida for a while until I got back on my feet and started housekeeping up here in western NY State.  I needed new tableware so I looked for Oneida and got a cheap set of eight from WalMart.  Not the same quality, semi-sharp edges on the spoon & fork handles, minor flaws in the stamped design, but still good, useful tools, and I assumed still made of stainless steel.indecision  HOWEVER, after a few years I noticed that my spoons were getting a bronze color in the bowls of the spoons.  Arghhh,  don't tell me these are electroplated bronze tools instead of stainless steel.angry  I've lived with that thought for 10 years or so, sadly noticing my spoons going bronzer and bronzer over time.  I'd tried rubbing them to see if it was just a stain, but it seemed to have no effect.  Sigh.sad  HOWEVER, today, I got a bee in my bonnet and started scrubbing the spoons HARD, and lo-and-behold, the bronze coloring came away and there was bright stainless steel underneath.  Yay!  Happy, happy.  Joy, joy.  So, apparently it is coffee or tea staining on my spoons and all I have to do is SCRUB and SCRUB and I'll get my bright shiney tableware back.  Wheee... life is good.smiley  Oneida still viable.yes

    The Oneida silerware/flatware made after 2005 is imported and not the same quality. The original factory is now operated as Liberty Tabletop

     

    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    Just came back from a walk to CVS to get some prints and walked home.  I did not want for my prints to come so I walked home.  I need to go back to the kitchen to look at my new prints.  Some of them are for my mum for mother's day.

  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,810

    Richard Haseltine said:

    butterflyfish said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    That's only the CPU, though. If thiis is happening in rendering and games it would be more likely to be the GPU that is overheating (if anything is).

    PSUs do degrade with time, how old is it? (Not that I am wedded to the idea, it is just another thing that could throw the odd glitch that might be related to system load.)

    It's 2 years old. I upgraded it in early 2024 when I upgraded my motherboard and put in the CPU I got from AgitatedRiot (thank you again, AR). 

    edit: I've had it rendering the UltraScenery scene that it crashed on the other day for over 9 minutes now, and the GPU is at 60°C or so, which 72°C as the hotspot. It hasn't crashed yet, but would it suddenly get hotter later in the render? 

    It could do, yes - though generally only a little after the first little while. That does look fairly reasonable, I think, though I started typing this without checking exactly which GPU you have. It could be something as simple as a fan sticking, which would, spike the temperature and so cause a crash/system shut down - that would be hard to spot unless you saw the temperature spike or heard the fan noise change just before a crash.

    I have an RTX 3050 8GB. But the repair guy did loan me a GTX1080 8GB, and it did the same thing. So unless there's something causing both of them to overheat, the graphics card shouldn't be the problem. 

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,707

    butterflyfish said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    butterflyfish said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    That's only the CPU, though. If thiis is happening in rendering and games it would be more likely to be the GPU that is overheating (if anything is).

    PSUs do degrade with time, how old is it? (Not that I am wedded to the idea, it is just another thing that could throw the odd glitch that might be related to system load.)

    It's 2 years old. I upgraded it in early 2024 when I upgraded my motherboard and put in the CPU I got from AgitatedRiot (thank you again, AR). 

    edit: I've had it rendering the UltraScenery scene that it crashed on the other day for over 9 minutes now, and the GPU is at 60°C or so, which 72°C as the hotspot. It hasn't crashed yet, but would it suddenly get hotter later in the render? 

    It could do, yes - though generally only a little after the first little while. That does look fairly reasonable, I think, though I started typing this without checking exactly which GPU you have. It could be something as simple as a fan sticking, which would, spike the temperature and so cause a crash/system shut down - that would be hard to spot unless you saw the temperature spike or heard the fan noise change just before a crash.

    I have an RTX 3050 8GB. But the repair guy did loan me a GTX1080 8GB, and it did the same thing. So unless there's something causing both of them to overheat, the graphics card shouldn't be the problem. 

    Yes, that does largely absolve the GPU itself. Memory is quite limited, at least for Iray, especially on the 1080 (because that uses an extra ~1GB to simulate the RTX features).

  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 4,175

    Complaint :Kitchen sink backing up .....Liquid Plumber didn't help ,guess it's call a plumber in the morning 

     

This discussion has been closed.