The 'Eat Your Food and Like It' Complaint Thread

1…7879818384…100

Comments

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 13,571

    Charlie Judge said:

    Major Complaint: I had to say goodbye today to my dog and best friend Katie. Her picture is in my avatar. 

    Sorry for your loss. 

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,701

    Charlie Judge said:

    Major Complaint: I had to say goodbye today to my dog and best friend Katie. Her picture is in my avatar. 

    I am very sorry to read that, it is always very painful to lose one of our animal companions.

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,413

    Charlie Judge said:

    Major Complaint: I had to say goodbye today to my dog and best friend Katie. Her picture is in my avatar. 

    Aww, so sorry! 

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,505

    Charlie Judge said:

    Major Complaint: I had to say goodbye today to my dog and best friend Katie. Her picture is in my avatar. 

    Bummer!sad 

  • SilverGirl said:

    Charlie Judge said:

    Major Complaint: I had to say goodbye today to my dog and best friend Katie. Her picture is in my avatar. 

    I saw a quote once about how our fur-family gives us some of the best days of our lives... and one of the worst ones. I'm so sorry your worst one came. I hope she visits you in happy dreams.

    I am so very sorry.  I have smiled at that sweet avatar many times.

  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,766
    edited April 15

    Charlie Judge said:

    Major Complaint: I had to say goodbye today to my dog and best friend Katie. Her picture is in my avatar. 

    I’m truly sorry to learn about your loss.

    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    43 years ago, I first met Mummy in person.  I was crying like a newborn baby.  Mum was tired because she just went through labor but she still had enough energy to comfort me.

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,413

    TSasha Smith said:

    43 years ago, I first met Mummy in person.  I was crying like a newborn baby.  Mum was tired because she just went through labor but she still had enough energy to comfort me.

    Happy Birthday! 

  • Happy birthday to you! @TSasha Smith

  • Big Non-complaint: I am now the owner of an HP Victus laptop with an RTX4050! I have high hopes for it. Once we finish the setup, downloading updates, etc. For comparison, my poor HAL had an 11 year old NVIDIA GeForce 940M & still managed Iray rendering, although not fast.  

    Minor complaint: To hear my husband you'd think Win11 was coded by Satan. He might not be far off for all I know. He's the retired tech, not me. I suspect he will come around, as I've told him he can game on the new Victus.

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 6,137

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    Big Non-complaint: I am now the owner of an HP Victus laptop with an RTX4050! I have high hopes for it. Once we finish the setup, downloading updates, etc. For comparison, my poor HAL had an 11 year old NVIDIA GeForce 940M & still managed Iray rendering, although not fast.  

    Minor complaint: To hear my husband you'd think Win11 was coded by Satan. He might not be far off for all I know. He's the retired tech, not me. I suspect he will come around, as I've told him he can game on the new Victus.

    After being put through update hell on my Window 11 laptop for over 3 hours this morning, I would agree with him. I had to do a hard shut down again, and reboot. Then start over and it then worked okay. And another 4th update was waiting for me when I was done. By that point I had almost forgotten 'why' I had opened it up. Besides downloading on DIM.

    NON-Complaint:  We are maybe getting SNOW Friday into Saturday with a Freeze warning! Yeah. We even had some spits of rain yesterday. The land is so parched. Water rationing is going into effect around here. 

  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,766

    Just curious about what people have on their systems that causes Windows 11 updates to break their systems. Since I installed Windows 11, all updates have been applied, no problems at all.

    Update your BIOS if you're running Windows 11. New form of Certificates to replace the old ones 

    BIOS and UEFI Updates in 2026: Secure Boot Certificate Expiration Risk | Windows Forum

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,701

    memcneil70 said:

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    Big Non-complaint: I am now the owner of an HP Victus laptop with an RTX4050! I have high hopes for it. Once we finish the setup, downloading updates, etc. For comparison, my poor HAL had an 11 year old NVIDIA GeForce 940M & still managed Iray rendering, although not fast.  

    Minor complaint: To hear my husband you'd think Win11 was coded by Satan. He might not be far off for all I know. He's the retired tech, not me. I suspect he will come around, as I've told him he can game on the new Victus.

    After being put through update hell on my Window 11 laptop for over 3 hours this morning, I would agree with him. I had to do a hard shut down again, and reboot. Then start over and it then worked okay. And another 4th update was waiting for me when I was done. By that point I had almost forgotten 'why' I had opened it up. Besides downloading on DIM.

    Yes, mine was stuck saying "Restarting..." for ages until I hard switched t off, then it had to do a disc error-check on starting and install the update later.

    NON-Complaint:  We are maybe getting SNOW Friday into Saturday with a Freeze warning! Yeah. We even had some spits of rain yesterday. The land is so parched. Water rationing is going into effect around here. 

  • memcneil70 said:

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    Big Non-complaint: I am now the owner of an HP Victus laptop with an RTX4050! I have high hopes for it. Once we finish the setup, downloading updates, etc. For comparison, my poor HAL had an 11 year old NVIDIA GeForce 940M & still managed Iray rendering, although not fast.  

    Minor complaint: To hear my husband you'd think Win11 was coded by Satan. He might not be far off for all I know. He's the retired tech, not me. I suspect he will come around, as I've told him he can game on the new Victus.

    After being put through update hell on my Window 11 laptop for over 3 hours this morning, I would agree with him. I had to do a hard shut down again, and reboot. Then start over and it then worked okay. And another 4th update was waiting for me when I was done. By that point I had almost forgotten 'why' I had opened it up. Besides downloading on DIM.

    NON-Complaint:  We are maybe getting SNOW Friday into Saturday with a Freeze warning! Yeah. We even had some spits of rain yesterday. The land is so parched. Water rationing is going into effect around here. 

    Well, I got Victus set up with a zillion updates, which Husband said to expect, even a BIOS update, fairly easily. Only glitch was it took like 3 tries for the Realtek (speaker) driver updates to take. Husband was surprised it didn't take hours. I will ask him to stand by when I do future updates to hopefully avoid the issues. Technician Syndrome* is real. Now I'm getting set up with my important apps - Firefox, DS, Discord. 

    *Your vehicle, device, etc., isn't going to act up, make the noise, have the problem, or display the error message in the presence of a tech qualified to fix it.

    ***

    @memcneil70 Where are you again? We're just getting scattered rain & thunderstorms here in Arkansas.

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    3DIO said:

    TSasha Smith said:

    43 years ago, I first met Mummy in person.  I was crying like a newborn baby.  Mum was tired because she just went through labor but she still had enough energy to comfort me.

    I saw this post earlier but hadn't twigged it was your birthday.  I thought it was a philosophical post, but yay, only seven more to go now and you'll be able to claim the big 'Five Zero' and get free bus passes and stuff like that!

    Anyway, Happy Birthday!

     

    Actually I can get free bus pass already.  But I rather use free taxi fare. 

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947
    edited April 16

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

     

    Technician Syndrome* is real. 

    *Your vehicle, device, etc., isn't going to act up, make the noise, have the problem, or display the error message in the presence of a tech qualified to fix it.

     

    There's a term for it???

    Not thrilled with Win 11 -- they took away a lot of features I liked about 10 and added a bunch of others I don't. And now after updates it will occasionally hang during login, leaving it eternally on the HP screen. (I also have a Victus, can't recall the specifics, but it's a desktop.)

    In case it helps anyone, powering down the machine, unplugging it, and holding down the power button for 15 seconds to drain residual charge seems to fix the issue. After plugging it back in and powering on, it boots up with no problems. (Hat tip to my dad for showing me that one.) For laptops, might need to remove the battery to make the trick work.

    Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,010

    COMPLAINT: Agency aren't finding me enough work as an HGV driver, leading to browsing the Daz store for more time than is healthy for my bank balance.

     

    NON_COMPLAINT: I have more time to spend on my VN. The new Daz sale is screwed up so my bank balance is safe for a little while longer.

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 6,137

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    memcneil70 said:

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    Big Non-complaint: I am now the owner of an HP Victus laptop with an RTX4050! I have high hopes for it. Once we finish the setup, downloading updates, etc. For comparison, my poor HAL had an 11 year old NVIDIA GeForce 940M & still managed Iray rendering, although not fast.  

    Minor complaint: To hear my husband you'd think Win11 was coded by Satan. He might not be far off for all I know. He's the retired tech, not me. I suspect he will come around, as I've told him he can game on the new Victus.

    After being put through update hell on my Window 11 laptop for over 3 hours this morning, I would agree with him. I had to do a hard shut down again, and reboot. Then start over and it then worked okay. And another 4th update was waiting for me when I was done. By that point I had almost forgotten 'why' I had opened it up. Besides downloading on DIM.

    NON-Complaint:  We are maybe getting SNOW Friday into Saturday with a Freeze warning! Yeah. We even had some spits of rain yesterday. The land is so parched. Water rationing is going into effect around here. 

    Well, I got Victus set up with a zillion updates, which Husband said to expect, even a BIOS update, fairly easily. Only glitch was it took like 3 tries for the Realtek (speaker) driver updates to take. Husband was surprised it didn't take hours. I will ask him to stand by when I do future updates to hopefully avoid the issues. Technician Syndrome* is real. Now I'm getting set up with my important apps - Firefox, DS, Discord. 

    *Your vehicle, device, etc., isn't going to act up, make the noise, have the problem, or display the error message in the presence of a tech qualified to fix it.

    ***

    @memcneil70 Where are you again? We're just getting scattered rain & thunderstorms here in Arkansas.

    I am in Denver, CO, the Mile High City. And that required getting acclimated when I moved here from Santa Barbara County CA. What rolls off the Rockies here, gathers steam over our plains, and hits you'all hard. Sorry about that. We would love some of that water back.

    We just had a lady who was out walking or jogging in Boulder struck by lightning a few days ago. Bystanders used CPR to try to restart her heart. They kept it up until emergency services arrived who took it over. She is alive but in the burn unit at UC Health. She is alive because of those bystanders according to the experts.

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    memcneil70 said:

    We just had a lady who was out walking or jogging in Boulder struck by lightning a few days ago. Bystanders used CPR to try to restart her heart. They kept it up until emergency services arrived who took it over. She is alive but in the burn unit at UC Health. She is alive because of those bystanders according to the experts.

    In Minnesota, passing a CPR course is a requirement of graduation from high school for exactly reasons like this. Not sure if that's the same in other places, but it really ought to be if it's not. I hope she recovers quickly and has robust medical insurance. 

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    3DIO said:

    TSasha Smith said:

    Actually I can get free bus pass already.  But I rather use free taxi fare. 

    Wow, I wish I could get a free Taxi pass!

    I just checked about the bus passes here in the uk, only to discover that free bus passes are not available until you're 60.  That is of course if you happen to live in Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales.  But for those of us in England, the age is 66 and about to rise to 67.

     

    We don't have free bus passes in Minnesota. There's a reduced rate for low income folk, but AFAIK there's no way to ride free... and unless you're in Minneapolis/St. Paul proper, the bus lines aren't even vaguely robust.

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,505
    edited April 16

    The littlle local bus here isn't free, but close enough.yes  There are several routes from the various surrounding rural areas that have infrequent (once a day) trips into and outof the city (Jamestown, NY).  I pay $15 for a ten trip punch card.  I only go into the city about twice a month, depending on doctor appointments and laundry or breakfast hungers.  And for that $1.50 I get door to door service by appointment.  Cool!cool  I call it "The Ancient Person's Bus", because so many riders are either off to doctor appointments, or day care centers, or jobs as WalMart greeters.   But despite the cheap ride into the city at 8:00 in the morning, I can't hang around until 3:00 in the afternoon to come home, and end up taking an Uber to home which blows the whole economy schtick.frown  Which is why I only budget for two trips into the city per month.indecision 

     

    Complaint:  Spring has sprung, all the snow is gone, and the field mice are wandering, right into my kitchen again.  (*Sigh*)frown  Got one last night, 'twas the first one since before Christmas.   Their first stop is up from the pipe hole under my kitchen sink then up into my silverware drawer in the sink cabinet, and then poop everywhere in the drawer.crying  Guess what I'll be doing today?angry  And I guess it's time to clear out all the accumulations of bottles, chemicals, and miscellaneous from the sink cabinet and find something to permanently plug those pipe holes.enlightened

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,505
    edited April 16

    Hmmm..., punctuality:  The bus service here is generally on time, but they sometimes forget to come pick me up, even after I'd made reservation.  I'd settle for inaccurate times rather than complete bypass.frown

    An Observation:  It rained hard here yesterday.  So hard that my farmer neighbor up the hill is out with his tractor scraping his garden dirt from the main road and carrying it back scoopful by scoopful back up the hill to his garden.surprise

    Complaint:  I just got another bill from the hospital for yet another nearly $200.  But this time I caught what is wrong.  They're still billing my old insurance company (yes, they were duly notified of my new insurance co.) who is of course saying "get lost" and not paying anything.  (*Sigh*)sad  Incompetence abounds in the workplace these days, nobody is held accountable except the guy who has to write the check to pay for their incompetence.  This calls for another trip to the hospital to sit in the waiting room of their finance office to say "I'm not leaving until you get this right."  Yep, that's the ticket.  And that gives me the excuse for a trip into the city for a good breakfast at the little city diner next to the hospital.

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • edited April 16

    SilverGirl said:

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

     

    Technician Syndrome* is real. 

    *Your vehicle, device, etc., isn't going to act up, make the noise, have the problem, or display the error message in the presence of a tech qualified to fix it.

     

    There's a term for it???

    Not thrilled with Win 11 -- they took away a lot of features I liked about 10 and added a bunch of others I don't. And now after updates it will occasionally hang during login, leaving it eternally on the HP screen. (I also have a Victus, can't recall the specifics, but it's a desktop.)

    In case it helps anyone, powering down the machine, unplugging it, and holding down the power button for 15 seconds to drain residual charge seems to fix the issue. After plugging it back in and powering on, it boots up with no problems. (Hat tip to my dad for showing me that one.) For laptops, might need to remove the battery to make the trick work.

    Yes, Husband taught me the term Technician Syndrome. I read an anecdote once about a tech leaving his picture inside a particularly troublesome machine he got tired of working on. And Husband hopes your Dad taught you all the arcane gestures to make with your other hand/arm while holding down the power button :) . I hope the tip doesn't require pulling the laptop battery. Modern laptops don't have an accessible battery; they are locked inside with everything else, and "they don't make [laptops] crackable any more." 

    Which means he will have to break into HAL 2.0 to recover the HD. I told him he's welcome to see what Geek Squad will charge to solve the BIOS problem, or recover the drive. It might be worth the cost so he doesn't have to deal with the old laptop. 

    *****

    @memcneil70 when we moved to Arkansas, husband told me that because it's in the center of the US, it gets All. The. Weather, from everywhere. It's true. I can't even get completely away from hurricanes, because the remnants  of Gulf of Mexico hurricanes often head straight up here.

    Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    Yes, Husband taught me the term Technician Syndrome. I read an anecdote once about a tech leaving his picture inside a particularly troublesome machine he got tired of working on. And Husband hopes your Dad taught you all the arcane gestures to make with your other hand/arm while holding down the power button :) . I hope the tip doesn't require pulling the laptop battery. Modern laptops don't have an accessible battery; they are locked inside with everything else, and "they don't make [laptops] crackable any more." 

    Which means he will have to break into HAL 2.0 to recover the HD. I told him he's welcome to see what Geek Squad will charge to solve the BIOS problem, or recover the drive. It might be worth the cost so he doesn't have to deal with the old laptop. 

     

    Oh gosh. That shows you how long it's been since I had a laptop! (...and I'm pretty sure my last one was a decomissioned hand-me-down that the ex- got from wherever he was working at the time. It wasn't great, but it was free, and we were broke.)

    non-complaint: Little Dude's psych eval was today, and he scored at a functional age of 25 months!!!! That might not seem like much considering he's 8 years old by the calendar, but his last assessment had him at 15 months. That's a HUGE leap in a year and a half!

  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,810

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    Yes, Husband taught me the term Technician Syndrome. I read an anecdote once about a tech leaving his picture inside a particularly troublesome machine he got tired of working on. And Husband hopes your Dad taught you all the arcane gestures to make with your other hand/arm while holding down the power button :) . I hope the tip doesn't require pulling the laptop battery. Modern laptops don't have an accessible battery; they are locked inside with everything else, and "they don't make [laptops] crackable any more." 

    Which means he will have to break into HAL 2.0 to recover the HD. I told him he's welcome to see what Geek Squad will charge to solve the BIOS problem, or recover the drive. It might be worth the cost so he doesn't have to deal with the old laptop. 

     

    Oh gosh. That shows you how long it's been since I had a laptop! (...and I'm pretty sure my last one was a decomissioned hand-me-down that the ex- got from wherever he was working at the time. It wasn't great, but it was free, and we were broke.)

    non-complaint: Little Dude's psych eval was today, and he scored at a functional age of 25 months!!!! That might not seem like much considering he's 8 years old by the calendar, but his last assessment had him at 15 months. That's a HUGE leap in a year and a half!

    Wow! That's awesome!
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,701

    butterflyfish said:

    SilverGirl said:

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    Yes, Husband taught me the term Technician Syndrome. I read an anecdote once about a tech leaving his picture inside a particularly troublesome machine he got tired of working on. And Husband hopes your Dad taught you all the arcane gestures to make with your other hand/arm while holding down the power button :) . I hope the tip doesn't require pulling the laptop battery. Modern laptops don't have an accessible battery; they are locked inside with everything else, and "they don't make [laptops] crackable any more." 

    Which means he will have to break into HAL 2.0 to recover the HD. I told him he's welcome to see what Geek Squad will charge to solve the BIOS problem, or recover the drive. It might be worth the cost so he doesn't have to deal with the old laptop. 

     

    Oh gosh. That shows you how long it's been since I had a laptop! (...and I'm pretty sure my last one was a decomissioned hand-me-down that the ex- got from wherever he was working at the time. It wasn't great, but it was free, and we were broke.)

    non-complaint: Little Dude's psych eval was today, and he scored at a functional age of 25 months!!!! That might not seem like much considering he's 8 years old by the calendar, but his last assessment had him at 15 months. That's a HUGE leap in a year and a half!

    Wow! That's awesome!

    Excellent news. 

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,449
    edited April 17

    SilverGirl said:

    3DIO said:

    TSasha Smith said:

    Actually I can get free bus pass already.  But I rather use free taxi fare. 

    Wow, I wish I could get a free Taxi pass!

    I just checked about the bus passes here in the uk, only to discover that free bus passes are not available until you're 60.  That is of course if you happen to live in Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales.  But for those of us in England, the age is 66 and about to rise to 67.

     

    We don't have free bus passes in Minnesota. There's a reduced rate for low income folk, but AFAIK there's no way to ride free... and unless you're in Minneapolis/St. Paul proper, the bus lines aren't even vaguely robust.

    ...same here in Portland, just a 50% reduction in single fares.

    Our system doesn't use paper tickets or passes anymore Everything is handled with either a reloadable tap card or a phone fare app..

    I use the tap card as it is simpler and quicker (don't have to turn on the phone sign in and open the app)  I also often notice people who use the phone app having difficulty with the readers on the busses and trains recognising it.

    __________________________

    Reading al the issues people are running into with Win11 updates makes me more than a bit apprehensive. I know will eventually have to and not looking forward to it .

    Win 8 and Win 10 took away several things I like about in 7 like the simple and elegant UI, the "classic" start button (which I use a lot)  and the ability to research security and feature updates for bugs before installing as well as the ability to reject those I didn't need (mostly feature ones) or ones that had bugs and instabilities. 

    Yeah it may be old and no longer supported, but it continues to run smoothly and trouble free. True I cannot upgrade to the latest version of Daz (still on 4.21.0.5) so I don't have the latest toys and tools, but heasace free operation is a reasonabe trade of for now..

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,505
    edited April 18

    3DIO said:

    LeatherGryphon said:

    Hmmm..., punctuality:  The bus service here is generally on time, but they sometimes forget to come pick me up, even after I'd made reservation.  I'd settle for inaccurate times rather than complete bypass.frown

    Sounds as if you have a chauffeur-style bus service over there!

    I'd call it a scheduled route with pickup arrangements when it gets near you.  It takes a major road across the county via specific towns into the city.  Ridership is low.  It's basicly a 15 seat school bus with typical morning ridership between 6 and 9 people by time it gets to the end of its 25 mile route.  When it gets to the city it continues around the city on a basic route but will vary as necessary, by appointment (made a day earlier), to get infirm-ish people where they need to go until the middle of the afternoon when it starts its trip back to the hinterland at the edges of the county.  There are also a number of regular route buses (same company, same type buses) that serve specific stops in the city.  Mostly one bus per hour at the designated stops.  Standard off-the-street fare is $2.  Unfortunately, the in-city standard bus routes don't fit my needs well (i.e., can't get there from here, issues)  They need a stop closer to the hospital (city center south) and they need more routes that run to the "franchise row" stores (far west end of the city).  I'd use the bus more if they connected more areas.   I can't walk more than about two blocks in one go.  Four blocks terminate my day, and I have to go home and rest.frown

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

    butterflyfish said:

    SilverGirl said:

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    Yes, Husband taught me the term Technician Syndrome. I read an anecdote once about a tech leaving his picture inside a particularly troublesome machine he got tired of working on. And Husband hopes your Dad taught you all the arcane gestures to make with your other hand/arm while holding down the power button :) . I hope the tip doesn't require pulling the laptop battery. Modern laptops don't have an accessible battery; they are locked inside with everything else, and "they don't make [laptops] crackable any more." 

    Which means he will have to break into HAL 2.0 to recover the HD. I told him he's welcome to see what Geek Squad will charge to solve the BIOS problem, or recover the drive. It might be worth the cost so he doesn't have to deal with the old laptop. 

     

    Oh gosh. That shows you how long it's been since I had a laptop! (...and I'm pretty sure my last one was a decomissioned hand-me-down that the ex- got from wherever he was working at the time. It wasn't great, but it was free, and we were broke.)

    non-complaint: Little Dude's psych eval was today, and he scored at a functional age of 25 months!!!! That might not seem like much considering he's 8 years old by the calendar, but his last assessment had him at 15 months. That's a HUGE leap in a year and a half!

    Wow! That's awesome!

    Excellent news. 

    Yes indeed! So happy for all of you. 

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    butterflyfish said:

    SilverGirl said:

    non-complaint: Little Dude's psych eval was today, and he scored at a functional age of 25 months!!!! That might not seem like much considering he's 8 years old by the calendar, but his last assessment had him at 15 months. That's a HUGE leap in a year and a half!

    Wow! That's awesome!

    Excellent news. 

    Yes indeed! So happy for all of you. 

    Thanks, all. The win was especially welcome after an inexplicably rough day (he'd had two fantastic ones before that, seriously couldn't figure out why the switch flipped)... he ended up screaming himself to sleep in the walk-in closet, poor thing.  

    But aside from being its own win, measurable progress means I have backing if the people who consider themselves experts (cough cough school district special ed cough) want to insert themselves in with their opinions on how things ought to be done. I have no doubt their methods work well on a lot of kids, and they've done a lot of good, but I absolutely know from experience they will not work for this one. 

    One less battle to fight. I'll take it.

This discussion has been closed.