The 'Eat Your Food and Like It' Complaint Thread

1…7677798182…100

Comments

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,504
    edited April 8

    carrie58 said:

    Non Complaint : Finally got people to answer the phones and got the whole oxygen concentrators messed cleared up,now I'll be able to sleep until the next stress/anxiety episode ......

    More importantly, you'll be able to breathe easier.yes

     

    Complaint:  At the first of the year I had switched from my Medicare Advantage plan to a Medicare MediGap plan and had to sign up with the new insurance company's website.  I hadn't used the new login until just recently while checking up on recent charges that had been submitted to them for a couple of test scans in the hospital.  Now I find that I can't not only not get logged in, I can't even reach their server.frown  I tried all my best tricks to resolve this on my own, but to no avail.  So, I finally gave in and  scrummaged through various information about the company and finally found a phone number to get inside their sacred temple.  After getting sidled from department to department, I finally reached someone who thought she could help me.  Yay!  She led me through various steps such as using Edge instead of Chrome, checking my DNA settings, resetting my browser login credential hoard, and other things, many of which I had already tried, she finally said, she'd have to "RESET and CANCEL" my original login account for their website,surprise but that it would take two days before I could try to re-establish a new log in account.  That's where we stand today.  I'm waiting until at least tomorrow.  Not that I think it will actually resolve anything about my ability to even connect to their server.  But..., I'll give it a try, the need isn't urgent, and she was a nice lady and as helpful as her capabilities permitted.  The original problem of checking up on my charges is moot now because I went ahead and paid the bill via the mechanism provided by the email notice, and I've received receipt of the payment, so at least the doctor and insurance company are happy.  Now, I need to eat bread soup for a few days, not go into town, and slap my hand if I find something I want at Amazon.  And of course, there's still the issue of gaining access to the records keeping part of the insurance company's web server. (*Sigh!*)indecision

    Coincident Complaint:  The act of resetting my browser's login credential hoard means that I have to re-login manually to all my various frequently visited websites & catalogs instead of them just popping up when I click on them.angryno

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 4,175

    SilverGirl said:

    carrie58 said:

    Non Complaint : Finally got people to answer the phones and got the whole oxygen concentrators messed cleared up,now I'll be able to sleep until the next stress/anxiety episode ......

    YAY!!! Celebrating with you!! 

    Thank you  very much !!

  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 4,175

    LeatherGryphon said:

    carrie58 said:

    Non Complaint : Finally got people to answer the phones and got the whole oxygen concentrators messed cleared up,now I'll be able to sleep until the next stress/anxiety episode ......

    More importantly, you'll be able to breathe easier.yes

     

    Complaint:  At the first of the year I had switched from my Medicare Advantage plan to a Medicare MediGap plan and had to sign up with the new insurance company's website.  I hadn't used the new login until just recently while checking up on recent charges that had been submitted to them for a couple of test scans in the hospital.  Now I find that I can't not only not get logged in, I can't even reach their server.frown  I tried all my best tricks to resolve this on my own, but to no avail.  So, I finally gave in and  scrummaged through various information about the company and finally found a phone number to get inside their sacred temple.  After getting sidled from department to department, I finally reached someone who thought she could help me.  Yay!  She led me through various steps such as using Edge instead of Chrome, checking my DNA settings, resetting my browser login credential hoard, and other things, many of which I had already tried, she finally said, she'd have to "RESET and CANCEL" my original login account for their website,surprise but that it would take two days before I could try to re-establish a new log in account.  That's where we stand today.  I'm waiting until at least tomorrow.  Not that I think it will actually resolve anything about my ability to even connect to their server.  But..., I'll give it a try, the need isn't urgent, and she was a nice lady and as helpful as her capabilities permitted.  The original problem of checking up on my charges is moot now because I went ahead and paid the bill via the mechanism provided by the email notice, and I've received receipt of the payment, so at least the doctor and insurance company are happy.  Now, I need to eat bread soup for a few days, not go into town, and slap my hand if I find something I want at Amazon.  And of course, there's still the issue of gaining access to the records keeping part of the insurance company's web server. (*Sigh!*)indecision

    Coincident Complaint:  The act of resetting my browser's login credential hoard means that I have to re-login manually to all my various frequently visited websites & catalogs instead of them just popping up when I click on them.angryno

     ugh I feel for you!!

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    complaint/non-complaint combo:

    So when we last left our intrepid, harried, stressed-out, service-seeking Mama, she had demanded the involvement of the Lazy Lady's supervisor and got told she would be passed up to somebody else's supervisor, at the very end of the day two days ago.

    Yesterday...nothing. I highly suspect no info got passed at all and she was just hoping I would consider myself someone else's problem and wait endlessly until the approval went through on its own.

    She clearly doesn't know me at all.

    I emailed her (copying the people at the financial management service) pointing out that she had neglected to provide me with the contact info for the person she had passed me to, and that I needed that rectified.

    She did not provide it, but magically first thing this morning my service plan is suddenly approved and went through!

    Oddly, it happened with not so much as a "hey, heard your tale of woe, sorry for the inconvenince, got it handled" email from the supervisor I supposedly got passed to.

    But I'm sure that's not weird at all! It's just SUCH A COINCIDENCE!!!

    ...But at least I can start clocking hours, and the FMS contact said my mom could go back and retro-add the hours from the days I couldn't enter, so ultimately everything's okay and I'm not scrambling and out 7 days' worth of hours.

    But man oh man I should not have had to pull that many teeth to get there.

  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 4,175

    SilverGirl said:

    complaint/non-complaint combo:

    So when we last left our intrepid, harried, stressed-out, service-seeking Mama, she had demanded the involvement of the Lazy Lady's supervisor and got told she would be passed up to somebody else's supervisor, at the very end of the day two days ago.

    Yesterday...nothing. I highly suspect no info got passed at all and she was just hoping I would consider myself someone else's problem and wait endlessly until the approval went through on its own.

    She clearly doesn't know me at all.

    I emailed her (copying the people at the financial management service) pointing out that she had neglected to provide me with the contact info for the person she had passed me to, and that I needed that rectified.

    She did not provide it, but magically first thing this morning my service plan is suddenly approved and went through!

    Oddly, it happened with not so much as a "hey, heard your tale of woe, sorry for the inconvenince, got it handled" email from the supervisor I supposedly got passed to.

    But I'm sure that's not weird at all! It's just SUCH A COINCIDENCE!!!

    ...But at least I can start clocking hours, and the FMS contact said my mom could go back and retro-add the hours from the days I couldn't enter, so ultimately everything's okay and I'm not scrambling and out 7 days' worth of hours.

    But man oh man I should not have had to pull that many teeth to get there.

     Hurray!! 

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    This is the best detox drink I ever found.

    IMG_0100.PNG
    1024 x 1536 - 4M
  • SilverGirl said:

    carrie58 said:

    Non Complaint : Finally got people to answer the phones and got the whole oxygen concentrators messed cleared up,now I'll be able to sleep until the next stress/anxiety episode ......

    YAY!!! Celebrating with you!! 

    Ugh. Also celebrating. I was worried for you.

    Husband cannot take ANY of the statin class drugs for cholesterol. He gets horribly ill, & it takes weeks after stopping to get better. For years every time we changed health insurers they required his doctors to try at least a few stations before okaying whatever alternatives were available. (We TRY not to suspect that their cost/benefit analysis was "Profits will be significantly higher if a statin ends this guy.") One of the things the VA health system has gotten right (it has many shortcomings) is that a few years back his primary doctor got him on a newer injectable non-statin cholesterol med that works very well for him.

    PS: Also celebrating that @SilverGirl has gotten that agency straightened out. I hope it stays that way.

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,504

    Huge Fire:  Ontario, California:  Kimberly-Clark warehouse full of paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, etc.)

    A few weeks ago I made a bulk purchase of what is probably a year's supply of Kleenex, toilet paper and paper towels (saved $$), that is now stacked in my bathroom.  I felt somewhat foolish for ordering so much at once, but not now.indecision

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    PS: Also celebrating that @SilverGirl has gotten that agency straightened out. I hope it stays that way.

    I sent a follow-up email reminding Lazy Lady that I still needed that info. After all, I want to thank the supervisor for fixing my issue, and also have the contact info on hand in case another problem arises, so I can go directly to the correct person.

    ...so if I'm right, Lazy Lady now gets to choose between giving me info for a person who can call out her lie, or somehow come up with a plausible excuse as to why she won't (spoiler alert: there isn't one).

    Not that it'll make a difference. I am 100% tracking down her supervisor, and anything this chick does to try to deter it is just more rope at this point.

    I will go out of my way to contact bosses and sing the praises of the people who are kind and helpful, but the opposite is also true. When service people feel the need to make my life difficult, I don't stay conveniently quiet about it.

  • FantozziFantozzi Posts: 28
    edited April 9

    Everything is mixed, blended and melted. Coffee with the taste of banana, banana with the taste of vanilla, vanilla with the taste carribean sunset, carribean sunset with the the taste of coffee. 

    For one year I'm having a virtual girlfriend now and I even can take her "out" somewhere in the internet. Only thing thing I notice: instead of me - she doesn't get older. But then - if I forget her birthday she's upset - for real? Having birthdays but not getting older - isn't this unfair?

    But here in the DAZ shop a pair of virtual jeans - without discount - almost reached the prize of real jeans. Okay the good thing about virtual jeans are they always allign with a growing belly. 

    Now - if they start virtual gasoline selling too - I'm afraid I losse control and don't know anymore where are the lines between the real world, the given  - coffee that smells and tastes like coffee - and the created, made by man world. Reality got so blurry. 

    Post edited by Fantozzi on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,504
    edited April 9

    Complaint:  Insurance deductables:no  I just paid the bill from the hospital for my recent scans.  Now I received another bill for nearly as much for the same procedures.  WTF?!!  Doctors/Hospitals/Medicare/Deductables, oh my.   Doctors/Hospitals/Medicare/Deductables, oh my.  Doctors/Hospitals/Medicare/Deductables, oh my. ...,  Find me a field of poppys.frown

    I can see that I have a full day ahead of me of phone calls, and re-reading my policy coverages, billing rates, deductable limits, bill accuracy, and checking for double billing, and redesigning my medical expenses spreadsheet.sad  And I still can't get into one of the medical/insurance websites.crying

     

    Non-complaint:  It's been a week since I've had a nosebleed.  Yay?indecision

    Four Hours Later:

    Complaint:  Oops, jinxed it.  Sitting watching TV, drinking tea, munching munchies, spontaneous nose leak.frown

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 6,137

    SilverGirl said:

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    PS: Also celebrating that @SilverGirl has gotten that agency straightened out. I hope it stays that way.

    I sent a follow-up email reminding Lazy Lady that I still needed that info. After all, I want to thank the supervisor for fixing my issue, and also have the contact info on hand in case another problem arises, so I can go directly to the correct person.

    ...so if I'm right, Lazy Lady now gets to choose between giving me info for a person who can call out her lie, or somehow come up with a plausible excuse as to why she won't (spoiler alert: there isn't one).

    Not that it'll make a difference. I am 100% tracking down her supervisor, and anything this chick does to try to deter it is just more rope at this point.

    I will go out of my way to contact bosses and sing the praises of the people who are kind and helpful, but the opposite is also true. When service people feel the need to make my life difficult, I don't stay conveniently quiet about it.

    Good luck on that SilverGirl. I hope it is a State function and not Federal, you have a better chance. 

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,700

    Ugh, spammers. Had a cal from "Hammersmith Police" saying someone had been arrested who claimed to be a relative, and had mutliple cloned bank cards in our names. There were a couple of iffy bits in his presentation, but he urged me to call the non-emergency phone line to verify him. I wasn't worried enough to do so until he asked about valuables in the house and said the police would insure them while investigating this forged bank card issue - at which I did call the number to check, but using a different phone since hanging up and redialling doesn't guarantee you aren't still connected to the same call. Known scam, to my limited surprise - apparently the end game would have been to claim it was someone at the bank (he had already hinted at that) and to ask me to withdraw a stack of cash, which I would then be asked to leave in an envelope so the police could pick it up for verification and then return (they claimed). So that wasted a good chunk of the day getting the details recoirded by the real police, and since the caller had hidden their number there wasn't actually anything they could do anyway.

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    Would restarting phone stop that fake call thing?

  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,810

    This is why I don't answer the phone. laugh

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 6,137

    butterflyfish said:

    This is why I don't answer the phone. laugh

    Me too. Even my message mentions I don't answer the phone due to scammers. But if someone needs to speak to me, leave a message and I will review it. My iPhone's current programming is pretty good at giving me a written  transcription of the call.

    I also warn I never answer the phone while driving after an attempt to answer almost caused me to flip my car off of Highway 101 right after I bought my phone. Drive along the Pacific Coast in traffic is no place to be distracted.

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    memcneil70 said:

    butterflyfish said:

    This is why I don't answer the phone. laugh

    Me too. Even my message mentions I don't answer the phone due to scammers. But if someone needs to speak to me, leave a message and I will review it. My iPhone's current programming is pretty good at giving me a written  transcription of the call.

     

    I only have a landline, but it has a call screening feature that you can record a message on... mine says I don't have money so don't bother asking for it, and if you're looking for [ex-husband's name] he's not living here and anything to do with him is no longer my problem. Unfortuantely people can still press the number and get through, but I don't pick up unless it's a known number. Some idiots still leave messages, but at least I no longer get collections calls for the ex-'s ignored debts. 

     

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,700

    TSasha Smith said:

    Would restarting phone stop that fake call thing?

    It's a land-lne behaviour, I think, and may be untrue of the US (it depends on who "controls" the connection). It is, though, a think that scammers exploit to pretend people are valiidating them when they are not.

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    Richard Haseltine said:

    TSasha Smith said:

    Would restarting phone stop that fake call thing?

    It's a land-lne behaviour, I think, and may be untrue of the US (it depends on who "controls" the connection). It is, though, a think that scammers exploit to pretend people are valiidating them when they are not.

    Ugh. Sorry you had to go through all that.  

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    memcneil70 said:

    SilverGirl said:

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    PS: Also celebrating that @SilverGirl has gotten that agency straightened out. I hope it stays that way.

    I sent a follow-up email reminding Lazy Lady that I still needed that info. After all, I want to thank the supervisor for fixing my issue, and also have the contact info on hand in case another problem arises, so I can go directly to the correct person.

    ...so if I'm right, Lazy Lady now gets to choose between giving me info for a person who can call out her lie, or somehow come up with a plausible excuse as to why she won't (spoiler alert: there isn't one).

    Not that it'll make a difference. I am 100% tracking down her supervisor, and anything this chick does to try to deter it is just more rope at this point.

    I will go out of my way to contact bosses and sing the praises of the people who are kind and helpful, but the opposite is also true. When service people feel the need to make my life difficult, I don't stay conveniently quiet about it.

    Good luck on that SilverGirl. I hope it is a State function and not Federal, you have a better chance. 

    Thanks. It's state or county-level (it gets confusing with these programs as they're state programs administered through the county, so some functions are handled through one and some through the other), so maybe it'll do some good. Regardless, I feel like I have to try. Anyone who's dealing with this lady is either part of a vulnerable population, or representing someone who is, so to make things harder than they have to be is immoral and inexcusable.

    If it was federal, I probably wouldn't bother, though. It's pretty clear that competency isn't even vaguely required for those jobs.

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    butterflyfish said:

    This is why I don't answer the phone. laugh

    I can't figure out how to let unknown numbers go through.  I had to answer a particular call one day, but I could not let it go through.

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559
    edited April 10

    I found these pictures on Facebook.  She looks like a 3D model.  Some people would quickly assume it is AI, but they are wrong.

    She reminds me of Gebesis 9 for some reason?

    IMG_1558.jpeg
    738 x 960 - 113K
    IMG_1559.jpeg
    738 x 960 - 123K
    Post edited by Xyetzt on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,700

    3DIO said:

    @Richard
    Sorry to hear of your ordeal, but pleased to hear you foiled it.  Just as well you're clued up.
    It sounds like a phishing attempt was incorporated into it as well (due to the card stuff).

    I think it was mainly laying the ground work for saying soemthing was awry with the bank, as a prelude to trying to get me to tasnfer money - but I was worried that the asking about valuables might be scoping for burglary (which didn't help me sleep last night).

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,449

    ...finally caught up.  Took a break for good part of the week from the computer, emails, and playing "concerned citizen" to enjoy what we refer to here as "Faux Summer I". Temps were up in the mid 70s to low 80s all week which was perfect cause to break out the Hawai'ian shirts from the back of the closet and go sit out in the sun.  Rare for what is usually one of the rainiest months of the year here. 

    However, things are about change back o "normal" starting tomorrow and well into the next week.

    @Silver Girl .  Very pleased and happy to hear that finally everything was ironed out.  Nobody should have to be put through an ordeal like that

    @Richard.  That was why when I was still in my old cellar flat I had a Louisville Slugger propped up in easy reach against the wall by the bedside.

     

     

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,700

    kyoto kid said:

    @Richard.  That was why when I was still in my old cellar flat I had a Louisville Slugger propped up in easy reach against the wall by the bedside.

    heh, I rather think anything like that would be more likely to be used against me.

     

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,700

    3DIO said:

    @Richard
    Can't say I blame you, but if it's any consolation, I think the likelyhood of the person who contacted you even knowing where you live, is probably pretty slim.  Often the whole idea behind the sort of thing you described, is a practice called "Phishing", which is basically the criminal take on fishing for information, trying to trick you into giving them more info based on something as simple as your phone number.

    They had a list of people who lived here, so I am gussing the cross-referenced the phone number with the electoral roll or the like. Apparently the usual form of this scam is to get the victom to leave out an envelope full of cash and their bank cards for a courier to pick up, for "checking" and then to be returned in 24 hours hahahaha, so they would need to have the address in the end. Though it also sounds like scams I have heard of where they have the victim just transfer money to a "safe" account (i.e. one the scammer has gained control of through a previous scam, from where it will vanish into the ether - or at least the crypto).

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    kyoto kid said:

    @Richard.  That was why when I was still in my old cellar flat I had a Louisville Slugger propped up in easy reach against the wall by the bedside.

    I used to have a sword in the corner... no longer a possibility with Little Dude in the house, alas. (Teen Kiddo was much better about understanding that swords were for grown-ups.) The neighborhood's nice enough, but you never know.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,449

    ...basically the neighbouthood I lived in back then was pretty mellow but evne so it still paid to play it safe.

    The real "danger" was from spring into late summer, the area was a haven for yard and garage sales.

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    kyoto kid said:

    The real "danger" was from spring into late summer, the area was a haven for yard and garage sales.

    A very large chunk of Teen Kiddo's childhood wardrobe (and a vast majority of the kid toys around the house) came from those, or church sales where on the last day it was $5/bag. I was very good at getting those bags PACKED. Even better: Teen Kiddo was exceedingly fond of party dresses in their younger years, and at that price they could have as many as they wanted. I have pictures of them helping my dad hang drywall in a sweet fluffy yellow thing that was probably somebody's Easter dress at one point. I'm pretty sure Dad's shop vac is still wearing a couple sparkly bangles that Kiddo decided to accessorize it with.

    Little Dude, on the other hand, is sensitive enough that when I find something he'll wear, I buy a bunch of them in both current size and however many sizes up it goes and just stealthy swap to the new set when the current one starts getting snug or short. The fewer transitions to upset his apple cart, the better.

    As to the sword, I have an acquaintance who reportedly chased a burgler off with one at one point... he was in a less-savory part of town, and some dude broke in through the window during the night. Said acquaintance jumped out of bed stark naked, grabbed his sword, and ran at the intruder with a mighty battle cry... and reportedly caused the guy ot freak and jump back out the window. I have no way to verify the story, but I liked to think that some unhinged short chick in flannel dog pajamas screaming "BLOOD FOR ODIN" might've had the same effect, if it'd come to it.

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,150
    I feel very lucky to live in a little (one street) village where the last crime was a car running into a parked vehicle 7 years ago and driving off without leaving their information. Regards, Richard.
This discussion has been closed.