It's Raining Men - Forum Team Challenge to the Forum Community (winners announced)

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649

Thanks, diomede and timmins.william. Dimension Theory's Light Probe are often great for this kind of protrait, especially good on the metallics.

Serene Night, Your guy is awesome. I love the outfit and the hair! When it's raining men we want them looking good! 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Entry #3 -- The Wizards

Content:

Two G2M. The younger wizard has PH Bubblegum hair (for giiiirls) and a Wilmap graduation gown (which is unisex), and using Magic of Serpio.

Older wizard has Unshaven 2 beard, Bewitched hat (for G2F), Morphing Fantasy Dress (for G2F). (Cross-gender repurposing... EZ mode, granted)

Wizards.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    edited November 2015

Entry #1 Interrupted

is the a way to greet your brother...

inspired by @mavrosh 's wonderful collection of males, here is my take on a drow. Dialed in from g2m, he has the logan skin as basis but the colouring, bump, etc is from me, I even made a geometry shell to add the eyebrows.

hair: http://www.daz3d.com/julius-hair-for-genesis-2

shirt: http://www.daz3d.com/lion-queen-for-genesis-female ( so this is one of the female props on him)

girdle: from the artemisia gown for g2f (this does not seem to be on the store anymore)

he's wearing trousers as well but as they don't show up no use naming them.

No postwork except for adding the signature

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/bc/b9c4dd33ad8222b08c5f2c152b3ada.jpg

interrupted.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • Repurposing some items I've never even installed before. Content used:

• Genesis, Angelo M4
    • B25 Steam Punk Aviator V4 hat and pants
    • Shadow Dancer V4 boots
    • V4 Ranger top
    • Veteran War Dog M4 trenchcoat and gloves
    repurpose-pw.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 119K
  • This SO screams for an Anime Interpretation.  I'm thinking Louie "Da Real Man" in SailorMoon Cosplay.  

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited November 2015

How fun!  Obviously PAs shouldn't enter, or I would jump on this one. :)  As it is I will enjoy seeing everyone's renders, and there have been some amazing ones so far!

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited November 2015

Gnarly Charlie (M4) in Repurposed V4 Ranger trousers (DS4.8 Iray)

Nothing in the rules says the men have to be handsome hunks... but when old Charlie tried on the 'V4 Ranger Hair' wig and did a more than passable Iggy Pop impression - well, I just had to draw the line... ;o)

Simply conformed the trews to Mick and they more-or-less fitted, but lots of poke-through. The top of the trousers are midway up his 'Hip' body part so I did two renders, one with his 'Thighs' and below invisible (so a bit of poke-through from the hip), the other with his 'Hip' and below invisible (no poke-through, but a gap between the trousers and the bottom of his abdomen). Layered the two renders in GIMP and a did a bit of editing to tidy up the hip/trouser top area.

Gnarly Charlie says "Feed me!"

GnarlyCharlie.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 145K
    Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071
    edited November 2015

Genesis Male, David and M5 Mix for morphs with some V5 splashed in, Gabby for V5 skin, End of Summer Hair for Genesis Female, Dark Moods for Genesis and Gensis Male Sci Fi boots with a Stonemason prop.  Rendered in Iray.

raining men 2a.jpg
    618 x 1000 - 478K
    Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited November 2015
    scorpio said:
    MDO2010 said:
    scorpio said:

I can't imagine there is, but is there any restriction from posting the image elsewhere, too? (Like Deviantart) ((Working diligently, this 'clever idea' turned into constant tweaks and rerenders and discovering I can, in fact, get the project file so large it dumps to CPU, oooh))

When I asked Chohole said that they want the images kept within Daz.

Argh. That wasn't in the rules - it was in one of the later thread posts and I completely missed it and posted mine elsewhere after I posted it here.  Guess I have to remove mine from consideration then. sad

Can things like that please be added to the first post as part of the rules so that others don't miss it too?

Sorry but it seems I was wrong when I told you this, it seems I believe that images can be posted off site.

That's OK, I was confused too. That being the case, I will repost my first entry since I had previously deleted it and now can't find my original post.

"Rock Band"

Carrara 8.5 Pro and Photoshop.

The main character is Atticus for Giani 6 http://www.daz3d.com/atticus-for-gianni-6

Also used:

1. Mic from Guitar and Props http://www.daz3d.com/guitar-and-props ;
    2. Rama Drums http://www.daz3d.com/rama-drums
    3. Lorenzo LoRez on drums http://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-lorez
    4. Shirt from Cutting Loose http://www.daz3d.com/cutting-loose-for-lee-6
    5. Pants from Urban Metro Outfit http://www.daz3d.com/urban-metro-outfit-for-genesis-2-male-s

Rock Band 

RockBand_Final_1400px.jpg
    1247 x 1500 - 133K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
    edited November 2015

Here's my second entry:

"Barrel of Michaels"

Carrrara 8.5 Pro and Photoshop.  Just uses Michael 4 (http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-base-male-3d-model). This one is a little weird and may be missing the whole point of the theme by a little bit, but once I had the idea I couldn't drop it. It probably also only makes sense if you remember the game "Barrel of Monkeys." laugh

Barrel of Michaels

BarrelOfMichaels_Final_1400px.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 120K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

NAE  (Not an entry)   Here is one I did earlier,  Chief Druid (M4) is wearing V4 Controllable dynamic Cloak and the head Dress from The Nun

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,021
    edited November 2015
    Bardish.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 195K
    Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    MDO2010 said:

Here's my second entry:

"Barrel of Michaels"

Carrrara 8.5 Pro and Photoshop.  Just uses Michael 4 (http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-base-male-3d-model). This one is a little weird and may be missing the whole point of the theme by a little bit, but once I had the idea I couldn't drop it. It probably also only makes sense if you remember the game "Barrel of Monkeys." laugh

Barrel of Michaels

Love it.

edited November 2015

My third entry.

"Blending In"

Carrara 8.5 and Photoshop.

Used:

Blending In

BlendingIn_1600px.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 307K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited November 2015

Confrontation!

Our heroes versus the evil one!

In keeping with the spirit of things, nobody is wearing armor that would actually protect anything important.

Click for the larger version in the Daz gallery.

Confrontation!

Items of note for this thread include:

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437
    edited November 2015

Dream Art...nothing repurposed.

FW Ash character and texture

Mec4d Wrestling outfit

Basic Hair

dreamArt1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 472K
    Post edited by evilded777 on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,239
    edited November 2015

This is one of my endless portraits with a morpho theme: Genesis (Daz3d), Elias for Michael 5 (Raiya), Moonsong hair (Valea), IRay Worlds Skydome (Magix 101), Elven Circlets (EmmaAndJordi), Fantasy wear (Daz3d), Metal and Gemstones (J. Greenlees), IRay Converter for Genesis (V3Digitimes), and UHT Hair Shaders (Slosh).

morpho_elves.jpg
    2385 x 1243 - 525K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • PhiloppPhilopp Posts: 289
    edited November 2015

Basketball match

basketball_1500.jpg
    1159 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by Philopp on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited November 2015

Here's a rough attempt. The only repurposed female items were the gloves from the Tangled Outfit. They looked like something that might be used to channel energy into the hands, so I went with a superhero theme,. The other items were M6, M6 HD, a little bit of M6 Swole, Julius Hair, Mec4D's Wrestler outfit, and the boots from Smay's Superhero Suit. Scene was Rubble in the Bronx. The skydome was Render Sphere.

Male Contest 002.jpg
    2000 x 1614 - 590K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Fixed your image link for you.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276

Been setting up a new laptop, so I am only now getting to play. But here is my take on repurposing for G2M. Entry #1

G2F MDF with free TrekDress texture
    Rangers Pants Boots
    Toulouse Hair with DS 4.8
    SI Medieval Dress belt
    free imadoki Glasses for G2F
    Genesis neck towel
    Mec3D birthday 80's Suit

Alfred
    Unshaved 2 G2M
    Oliver Dogtags
    free chest hair by Mike RH-vneck

Travis
    G2M Towels
    Oliver Dogtags

repurpose 3.png
    1074 x 908 - 2M
    Chohole said:

Fixed your image link for you.

Thanks. I couldn't seem to get it to display at normal size in the body of the message. I know I've successfully done it before; what was I doing wrong?

• riftwitch said:

Here's a rough attempt. The only repurposed female items were the gloves from the Tangled Outfit. They looked like something that might be used to channel energy into the hands, so I went with a superhero theme,. The other items were M6, M6 HD, a little bit of M6 Swole, Julius Hair, Mec4D's Wrestler outfit, and the boots from Smay's Superhero Suit. Scene was Rubble in the Bronx. The skydome was Render Sphere.

Nice way of using tangled outfit for super power!

• #2 Entry - No repurposed items.

Celestial Guardian

riftwitch said:

Nice way of using tangled outfit for super power!

Thanks. I orignally wanted to use the boots from that set, but they looked too feminine. The rest of the outfit simply wouldn't...work on a normally functioning male. The whole outfit is just what I needed for a villainess, so it'll get some use.

#2 Entry - No repurposed items.

Celestial Guardian

Very nice! Are those Epic Wings, or something else?

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited November 2015
    riftwitch said:

The rest of the outfit simply wouldn't...work on a normally functioning male.

Somebody dropped one such render in the Galleries and I thought "There's a man with nothing to hide."blush

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    luci45 said:

Thanks, diomede and timmins.william. Dimension Theory's Light Probe are often great for this kind of protrait, especially good on the metallics.

Serene Night, Your guy is awesome. I love the outfit and the hair! When it's raining men we want them looking good! 

Totally agree! Thanks for the compliment Luci! =-)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited November 2015

Entry # 1

Lost

"Dude, you are so lost! There's no Michael Kors in THIS neighborhood!"

Models are G2M. All clothes are repurposed female clothing from various generations, fit with Autofit:

Man on left:

1. Black quilted jacket is Autumn Rain for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    2. Pants are Vault Rustler for G2F
    3. Socks are Genesis Casual Fun
    4. Shoes are Aussie Girl Outfit

Man on right:

1. Gray sweater is Super Dress and Leggings for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    2. Charcoal pants are 3 in 1 Skinny Outfit
    3. Boots are Mall Girl for Genesis

Lost

G2M 2 Female clothes repurposed Lost.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Those clothes look rather snazzy on men. Cool.