Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Mild oddity.

I finally broke down and bought Valandar's Jabberwok. It's one of the old ones that comes in a .zip file. However, it didn't come alone. Inside the .zip file was another archive containing the .zip of Bobbie25's Evening Style dress.

I've already got that one, so no harm done. But I don't know how a dress could have got inside an archive for a monster. The monster certainly couldn't have worn it.

(Have reported)

And why shouldn't the monster wear an evening gown if he so wishes - on the other hand he may have eaten the girl who was wearing it.

• edited September 2012

Just a brief post to bookmark this thread!

Great renders everyone!!! Could someone please post a pic using The Harbinger?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-harbinger

Ariana

Post edited by Future Fantasy Design on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Does anyone have any experience of Genesis Alive or Genesis Expressions and Face Ani-blocks? I'm on the fence about getting them.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Does anyone have any experience of Genesis Alive or Genesis Expressions and Face Ani-blocks? I'm on the fence about getting them.

I have Genesis Alive and it is great for adding that "missing" piece to animations. Teamed up with the Muscularity morphs it is awesome.

Kendall

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

I think I've bought something just about every day.
    Oh dear.

Today it was the Generation 4 Statues.

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

Good morning from Western Australia, Saturday morning! :) My latest item is out, whee! And thanks for looking! :lol:

Interesting that copy approval removed my line about it being inspired by Evil Queen Ravenna from Snow White and the Hunstman - must be to avoid any commercial coat-tailing accusations. It looks nothing like her hair in the movie but was inspired by Charlize Theron's character... I can watch her for hours, she's lovely... don't know why they wasted so much movie time on that snow white chick. lol

Zaarin said:
    AprilYSH, that is about the coolest thing I've ever seen! You rock! :D

aww thanks heehee :lol:

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!

It says if you buy AprilYSH's Calais hair you will get a 25% discount on Lyon hair.

Bought the Calais hair then tried to buy the Lyon hair.

The discount code was accepted (after several tries) but it isn't shown when the Lyon order goes through to Paypal. At which point I cancelled the order.

Is this a glitch in the system or what?

I'll email DAZ to fix that, it is meant to be a permanent co-promo between Lyon and Calais - I'm pretty sure it's glitched because the code was set up in the old store and needs to be redone in the new store. Thanks for the heads up! If you did end up buying, please send in a support ticket to reimburse you the difference :-)

Anyway, please indulge me while I repost my favourite tex set for Yolande, the almost-peacock green set :lol: ... (hope this works, I'm on a borrowed macbook and not sure if this looks right...)

yolande_pop4.jpg
    677 x 880 - 256K
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

I never went to see "Snow White and the Huntsman" because I was so put off by brown-haired, tan-skinned, bad-acting Kristen Stewart as Snow White, but I agree that from the promos Charlize Theron's queen looked fantastic--problematically so, since she was clearly the fairest in the land and the mirror was lying if he said otherwise. ;) I may have to put this on my Netflix queue when it's available.

Did you see Mirror, Mirror? I want some PAs to get inspired by the costuming in that film. ;)

edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    I never went to see "Snow White and the Huntsman" because I was so put off by brown-haired, tan-skinned, bad-acting Kristen Stewart as Snow White, but I agree that from the promos Charlize Theron's queen looked fantastic--problematically so, since she was clearly the fairest in the land and the mirror was lying if he said otherwise. ;) I may have to put this on my Netflix queue when it's available.

Did you see Mirror, Mirror? I want some PAs to get inspired by the costuming in that film. ;)

lol yes, true about the mirror lying!!! hahaha
    No, I missed Mirror Mirror, will try to remember that one next trip to hire store... yes, a real, walk into and grab a physical dvd hire store lol we're still old school in this neck of the woods!

I forgot to mention, probably should start a commercial thread... there's an easter egg in Yolande mainly for Calais buyers... it's in the textures folder... ;-)

edited December 1969

AprilYSH said:

luxgabu said:
    AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!

It says if you buy AprilYSH's Calais hair you will get a 25% discount on Lyon hair.

Bought the Calais hair then tried to buy the Lyon hair.

The discount code was accepted (after several tries) but it isn't shown when the Lyon order goes through to Paypal. At which point I cancelled the order.

Is this a glitch in the system or what?

I'll email DAZ to fix that, it is meant to be a permanent co-promo between Lyon and Calais - I'm pretty sure it's glitched because the code was set up in the old store and needs to be redone in the new store. Thanks for the heads up! If you did end up buying, please send in a support ticket to reimburse you the difference :-)

My apologies, just a bit of a wait on this one - waiting to hear if this kind of cross-product discount is doable in the new store at this time or something they are still to add. I know it's not much when the items are already at 50% off but when off sale I think buyers appreciate the 25% off... so crossed fingers!
    Thanks in advance for your patience!!! :-)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

AprilYSH said:

I forgot to mention, probably should start a commercial thread... there's an easter egg in Yolande mainly for Calais buyers... it's in the textures folder... ;-)

SWEEEEET!!!!

LOL took me a while to find it...had to check the file list in the readme to find it. :D

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

AprilYSH said:
    Zaarin said:

lol yes, true about the mirror lying!!! hahaha
    No, I missed Mirror Mirror, will try to remember that one next trip to hire store... yes, a real, walk into and grab a physical dvd hire store lol we're still old school in this neck of the woods!

I think you'll enjoy Mirror, Mirror. The costuming is to die for, and the dialogue is all very witty--and I think Lily Collins was the absolute perfect* Snow White with her Celtic fair skin and black hair. :)

*With the caveat that she's occasionally a little too American for her fairytale role. But then, everyone in the movie is American, so it's not that distracting. ;)

edited December 1969

just a quickie cos i was dying to play with the Yolande hair by AprilYSH. It's fantastic!

yolandehairfinal.jpg
    600 x 900 - 536K
  • griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

What character and outfit is that that you used with the hair?

edited September 2012

Sunfire said:

The outfit is Lily Nymph for Genesis by Mada, the character body skin is a V3 by samildinach at rendo converted to V4 to use on Genesis, adn the face is the easter egg that April snuck into Yolande hair. Heh. Oh and background is from Sveva's Darkness Falls II.

Post edited by jakiblue on
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Sunfire said:

The outfit is Lily Nymph for Genesis by Mada, the character body skin is a V3 by samildinach at rendo converted to V4 to use on Genesis, adn the face is the easter egg that April snuck into Yolande hair. Heh. Oh and background is from Sveva's Darkness Falls II.

It looks really good. Rather makes me want to stick her in one of the ballet tutus from Runtime DNA.

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    jakiblue said:
    Sunfire said:

It looks really good. Rather makes me want to stick her in one of the ballet tutus from Runtime DNA.

ooo that would look great! I don't have a ballet tutu - must find one and wishlist it. LOL

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Sunfire said:
    jakiblue said:
    Sunfire said:

ooo that would look great! I don't have a ballet tutu - must find one and wishlist it. LOL

I have the romance one, a long tutu it's for V4 buuut with autofit you can get it on Genesis, make the tutu black, the ballet slippers black (sold separately) and with the face and the hair... thin out the face and tada! The Black Swan.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969
  • DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Good catch! It is indeed live!

anikad said:
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited September 2012

Lantios Lights 2 by Lantios
    Kokeshi Sakura by AprilYSH

I call this picture "Squee to the hills so folk singers can be inspired by it."

I think my PA sale and life may be complete.

squee.jpg
    750 x 583 - 272K
    Post edited by Ippotamus on
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Why is the "Triclops" (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/triclops) not part of the PA-sale in RawArts store???

• judee3djudee3d Posts: 171
    edited December 1969

Why is the "Triclops" (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/triclops) not part of the PA-sale in RawArts store???

I can't say for sure because I don't have the dates, but if it was released within the past 90 days it won't be on sale. At least, I think it's 90 days - anyone confirm for sure?

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited September 2012

I grabbed slim man. I see creepy space invader...

My creepy alien is doing a little showboating after his latest planetary conquest.

slim-man-render-forum-size.jpg
    490 x 600 - 374K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • KinichKinich Posts: 855
    edited December 1969

judee3d said:

I can't say for sure because I don't have the dates, but if it was released within the past 90 days it won't be on sale. At least, I think it's 90 days - anyone confirm for sure?

The announcement ( http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6712_4/ ) says that anything released within the last 60 days (in rather small print, but it is there) is excluded. So I'm guessing that this was released within that time frame.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

A quick render of RawArt's new slimman character.

slimman-1.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 367K
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

And Uzilite. *sigh* my V3 collection is complete.

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Does anybody know if there is a way to determine the sizes of products? Renderosity provides them, and Daz used to. I'm looking to buy some AprilYSH hair products, but given a style I basically like would like small files, 30Mb or less. I'm not looking for monster 70-100mb files.

This is what I was looking at:

Devanar Hair,
    Blaine Hair,
    Osean Hair,

There was one more. I don't have it now.

I suppose I could always buy the productsand then return the ones I really don't want before downloading them, but that's just doesn't seem nice.

Thank you.

edited September 2012

JakiBlue, thanks for the character portrait, spotted her on facebook and loved it! ;)

Ippotamus, aww cool, I really enjoyed that set and so nice to see it brought out to play :lol:

Sunfire said:
    The Black Swan.
    *smacks forehead* how did I miss that connection... I liked that movie too, predictable but was still engrossing.

Does anybody know if there is a way to determine the sizes of products? Renderosity provides them, and Daz used to. I'm looking to buy some AprilYSH hair products, but given a style I basically like would like small files, 30Mb or less. I'm not looking for monster 70-100mb files.

As far as I knew DAZ split any content product installers that were bigger than 50MB... in any case, mine tend to be under 40MB. My latest item was under 50MB each file and it had more texture maps than I normally do. Texture maps are what usually blow out the download filesizes. Thanks for your interest :lol:

edit to add: The Lyon/Calais cross-product discount is not doable the way it was in the old store so I will put up a bundle instead that gives the equivalent discount :-) In any case, if anyone bought and missed the intended discount, please contact support to reimburse the difference. Thanks!!!

Anyway, great new items today from fellow PAs - that slim man is creepy! (in a good way! lol) Off to look some more... :P

Post edited by AprilYSH on
  • earth2dearth2d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is what I was looking at:

Devanar Hair,
    Blaine Hair,
    Osean Hair,

There was one more. I don't have it now.

I suppose I could always buy the productsand then return the ones I really don't want before downloading them, but that's just doesn't seem nice.

Thank you.

Hope this helps:

Blaine Hair
    ps_ac2313b_BlaineHairDS - 26,370 kb
    ps_ac2313b_BlaineHairPs - 26,871 kb

Osean Hair
    ps_ac2472b_OseanHairDS - 16,792 kb
    ps_ac2472b_OseanHairPs - 18,473 kb

Dee

• earth2dearth2d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AprilSHY

Just purchased Yolande Hair, it is to die for and thanks for making a poser and Gensis version. I own most of all your hair products except about 4. Your work is creative and beautifully done!

Dee