It's Raining Men - Forum Team Challenge to the Forum Community (winners announced)

Comments

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871

I just had a really evil thought: Would it be acceptable if I made a male character out of G3F and rendered that?

I believe that was asked and answered

Does it count as 'male' if you start with G2F and use GenX2 morphs to move the figure to male? (I've been doing this to ensure female clothing fits properly)

Chohole said:

NO    not for this challenge.   We state Male Humanoid figure.   Only repurposing is to be done on the clothing item, not the figure.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    XaatXuun said:

I just had a really evil thought: Would it be acceptable if I made a male character out of G3F and rendered that?

I believe that was asked and answered

Does it count as 'male' if you start with G2F and use GenX2 morphs to move the figure to male? (I've been doing this to ensure female clothing fits properly)

Chohole said:

NO    not for this challenge.   We state Male Humanoid figure.   Only repurposing is to be done on the clothing item, not the figure.

I don't think that's quite the same thing....

• We'd really like to see what you do with existing male bases.  Genesis set to male, or any of the male bases in ensuing generations, please.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

I'm wondering if I can even pull it off. Besides, we're still waiting for G3M.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    XaatXuun said:

okay finally got it to render, had to keep trying the render smaller and smaller, bit bummed about that. Thinking I may need to render without lights

but here is entry #1 (re-purposed)

Model: Genesis(1)

Scorching Black and Red -Armlets
    Z_The_Twin_Blade -
    Mr Rabbit -
    Headkase - G_SensibleShoes2 -
    Hongyu’s cowgirl4 - CG4 Jeans
    Evilinnocence Night Slayers - V4 Rebel Shirt (I don't know how the texture came out like it did here, but leaving it)
    Kozaburo - Short Hair evolution
    Skin Texture - Emelie and Edward Odd - Emelie

Note: I'll edit in links as soon as I find them

Note II: for those that don't know, my machine can't render more then what I have, so I cannot do the nice scenes like others can do, but this challenge I figured I can enter with out an actual full scene

Have you tried rendering scenes in pieces and compositing in postwork its what I used to do, still do for anything real large.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Chris,

Sorry for pressing the figure issue, but the rules state that we can use any male humanoid figure.  Relying on that, I used Michael 4.  Your recent reply indicated that we should limit ourselves to Genesis set to male or later male bases (genesis 2 male).  Should I go back and redo my scene using a genesis+ base?  One reason that I chose M4 instead of genesis was that I thought Naomi's hair stubble was the perfect Ulysses accessory, but it is applied to the M4 mesh; it is not a conforming figure.  http://www.daz3d.com/men-only

We'd really like to see what you do with existing male bases.  Genesis set to male, or any of the male bases in ensuing generations, please.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2015

Heck you can use the old poser Dork if you want to,   Not sure that he would win though 

Using a female base figure is the only thing that is not within the scope of this challenge.

I have an M4 that is still working out what he is going to wear, after his refreshing dip.  but he is NAE

Post edited by Chohole on
  • diomede said:

Chris,

Sorry for pressing the figure issue, but the rules state that we can use any male humanoid figure.  Relying on that, I used Michael 4.  Your recent reply indicated that we should limit ourselves to Genesis set to male or later male bases (genesis 2 male).  Should I go back and redo my scene using a genesis+ base?  One reason that I chose M4 instead of genesis was that I thought Naomi's hair stubble was the perfect Ulysses accessory, but it is applied to the M4 mesh; it is not a conforming figure.  http://www.daz3d.com/men-only

We'd really like to see what you do with existing male bases.  Genesis set to male, or any of the male bases in ensuing generations, please.

Yep, sorry didn't make that clearer.  What Chohole said.  :)

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404

I think Chohole already said no; it has to start out as a male figure. I'd have to check the rest of the thread, but I don't have time right now. 

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    Chohole said:

@ DarkSpartan: I found the quote after all. She was responding to timmins.william about using G2F morphed into a male. I had  been thinking about doing it too, before I read that.

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    scorpio said:
    XaatXuun said:

okay finally got it to render, had to keep trying the render smaller and smaller, bit bummed about that. Thinking I may need to render without lights

but here is entry #1 (re-purposed)

Model: Genesis(1)

Scorching Black and Red -Armlets
    Z_The_Twin_Blade -
    Mr Rabbit -
    Headkase - G_SensibleShoes2 -
    Hongyu’s cowgirl4 - CG4 Jeans
    Evilinnocence Night Slayers - V4 Rebel Shirt (I don't know how the texture came out like it did here, but leaving it)
    Kozaburo - Short Hair evolution
    Skin Texture - Emelie and Edward Odd - Emelie

Note: I'll edit in links as soon as I find them

Note II: for those that don't know, my machine can't render more then what I have, so I cannot do the nice scenes like others can do, but this challenge I figured I can enter with out an actual full scene

Have you tried rendering scenes in pieces and compositing in postwork its what I used to do, still do for anything real large.

I tried that a long time ago, and what a mess I made . . I think about it . . every time there is a contest I would liked to enter. It's not just rendering  a multiple items, it's how laggy every time I try to adjust something starts to get to me.

I should attempt doing that again

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Title:  Yeager's Predicament

Female Items Used:

Ranger Outfit for G2F - leg bands and feathers ( bicep left arm )

Dark Apocalypse Veridian Skye Bundle - overcloth ( worn around neck )

Prehistoric Princess - dress ( worn as belt around hips )

Yeager's Predicament.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 539K
  • 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited November 2015

This sounds fun, but a bit of clarification please regarding Chohole's "Any Humanoid Male figures can be used." in the OP and Cris Palomino's "We'd really like to see what you do with existing male bases.  Genesis set to male, or any of the male bases in ensuing generations, please." near the top of this page:

1) Is this restricted to DAZ humanoid male figures or are non-DAZ ones also permitted ?
    2) When you say 'ensuing generations' do you actually mean 'preceding generations' - i.e. are Michael 1-4 allowed? Or is this restricted to Genesis ?

And additionally:

3) Is this restricted to DAZ Studio renders? My DS4.8 is now ticking over at last and raring to go...

Cheers, Pete :)

{edit: just spotted Chohole's earlier post confirming ANY male figure's okay}

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
    edited November 2015

Any male Humanoid figures, any generations.

Any program, we already have Carrara entries.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    edited November 2015

Entry #2: Re-purposed 
    "Morning in Mesopotamia" (3K+ images are available)

Morning in Mesopotamia

Morning in Mesopotamia_Iray 2015_AlexLO_Medium_1115.jpg
    1280 x 792 - 240K
    Post edited by AlexLO on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Title:  Yeager's Predicament

Female Items Used:

Ranger Outfit for G2F - leg bands and feathers ( bicep left arm )

Dark Apocalypse Veridian Skye Bundle - overcloth ( worn around neck )

Prehistoric Princess - dress ( worn as belt around hips )

Hey I didn't see anything of Yeager since beginning of the year, wellcome back Yeager, how did you end up in this predicament...?cheeky

• What level of postwork (if any) is allowed ?

daveleitz said:

Cool!  I have an idea or two.  I take it that a minimal amount of post processing (levels, saturation) will be permitted?

Chohole said:

We have no objection to Postwork, as long as the repurposing element is clear (if used)

MDO2010 said:
    scorpio said:

I can't imagine there is, but is there any restriction from posting the image elsewhere, too? (Like Deviantart) ((Working diligently, this 'clever idea' turned into constant tweaks and rerenders and discovering I can, in fact, get the project file so large it dumps to CPU, oooh))

When I asked Chohole said that they want the images kept within Daz.

Argh. That wasn't in the rules - it was in one of the later thread posts and I completely missed it and posted mine elsewhere after I posted it here.  Guess I have to remove mine from consideration then. sad

Can things like that please be added to the first post as part of the rules so that others don't miss it too?

Sorry but it seems I was wrong when I told you this, it seems I believe that images can be posted off site.

Entry #1

Derek

Used

FW Derek HD for Michael 6

Gabriel Hair

• Chohole said:
    daveleitz said:

Cool!  I have an idea or two.  I take it that a minimal amount of post processing (levels, saturation) will be permitted?

Chohole said:

We have no objection to Postwork, as long as the repurposing element is clear (if used)

Good news (it would be nice to have additional info like this at the bottom of the OP)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited November 2015
    Chohole said:

Heck you can use the old poser Dork if you want to,   Not sure that he would win though 

I want to use the Dork! laugh
    Used Carrara

Loaded V4 and applied the Shadow Dancer for V4

Then I posed V4.. loaded up the Dork... took a bit to find him.. Used the same pose as applied to V4

Then I hid V4 and moved the Dork into position.. Had to do some body adjustments and hide his lower body which was relatively simple in Carrra, added some Carrara hair and used a Carrara skin texture on him. Added Mec4D's free birthday hair for G2Female to him and off he goes.... smiley

Rendered him out using PNG with transparent background and used Ron's brushes to finish off..

Dork.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 637K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

It's not a contest winner but I liked how it turned out so here's one that fits the category at least.  Here's G2M rescuing Genesis kid.

Her Hero.png
    1229 x 950 - 871K
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633
    edited November 2015

Entry #1

Used: G2M, G2F, Studio Paris, Rosemill Astrometry globe & sextant, two books from Vaulted Hall Library Bundle, Music Fantastica violin scaled to cello size, Wilmap's small handbag, free shades, freebie Nexus 8 cellphone, Charm Hair, Raven Collar, OOT One shoulder dress, Real Feel zipped cardigan, Singlet, Short Crest Hair

Repurposed: Ciao Bella pants, Valen's Hair, Vault Rustler pants and boots

musical performance.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited November 2015
    luci45 said:

Old Rock Star

Used:
    Digital Curlz with UHT Iray Hair Shaders
    Genesis various morphs
    Doyle texture - 
    Shayarin Earrings 
    M4 Urbanwear  scarf
    Onyx shirt
    Street Mage Gloves, (arm)Sashes and Pants
    Defiant Sash 
    Corsair boots
    Iradiance Light Probes
    Pd Iray Shader Kit 1
    Pd SoftLeather Iray (Freebie deviant art)

Repurpose - Defiant Sash is for Female Genesis

This is so, so wrong on so many levels!

(Which, I suspect, is the purpose behind the whole contest. So, in that respect..., well played!)

EDIT: And I really should have known it was you, Luci!  I really gotta start paying attention to things like that!

Post edited by Ken OBanion on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    luci45 said:

Old Rock Star

This is so, so wrong on so many levels!

(Which, I suspect, is the purpose behind the whole contest. So, in that respect..., well played!)

EDIT: And I really should have known it was you, Luci!  I really gotta start paying attention to things like that!

cheeky

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Agreed.  Luci45, you have special skills.  Love it.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Luci's image is wonderful -- the light and shading is just delightful.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited November 2015

Okay here is my entry... #1. Alll clothing and jewelry here is from gen 2 female

Model Genesis 2 male, using various morphs.

Aether Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Arcadia Wings

Boyd-Final-entry-1.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Serene Night on