It's Raining Men - Forum Team Challenge to the Forum Community (winners announced)

Comments

• frank0314 said:

To be honest, when I started this thread ( http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65161/it-s-not-raining-men/p1 ) it had a different name, to get some attention. Didn't think it would lead anywhere, because these kind of topics always seem to be a dead end. BUT, there were quite a few people that agreed, so I sent a link to the DAZ team to get them involved in the conversation as well. They changed the name to something a bit more... catchy, and it sparked another thread ( http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65357/the-male-content-creation-mutual-support-group-thread/p1 ) dedicated to forum members creating male content.

It surprised me to see the reaction of the community, and that DAZ themselves got involved. And now, thanks to Chohole, we have this. And it's amazing to see someone like Mal3Imagery get involved as well.

I have only one thing to say...

HALLELUJAH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMDt-lM2ulI

It was the whole mod team that decided to do this. We jsut decided to let Cho post it.

Oops! My bad. In tht case, thanks to the whole mod team for getting on board.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    vwrangler said:

What's the entry deadline? When will winners be announced?

I suppose if it has to remain within TOS guidelines, we couldn't just put one of the guys into Tangled. Pity, that.

tangled on gianni was my plan 

• Cool!  I have an idea or two.  I take it that a minimal amount of post processing (levels, saturation) will be permitted?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2015

We have no objection to Postwork, as long as the repurposing element is clear (if used)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Does it count as 'male' if you start with G2F and use GenX2 morphs to move the figure to male? (I've been doing this to ensure female clothing fits properly)

NO    not for this challenge.   We state Male Humanoid figure.   Only repurposing is to be done on the clothing item, not the figure.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited November 2015

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry - I guess I have to withdraw this.  I missed the post that said not to post entries anywhere offsite.

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    edited November 2015

Entry #1:

Dancing with Darius6 & some face customization. "Triptych Fantastique" (full Ultra HD res images are available)
    Triptych Fantastique Iray 2015

Triptych Fantastique -MID-Iray2015-alexlo 1115.jpg
    1280 x 545 - 158K
    Post edited by AlexLO on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited November 2015

"Escape from Calypso"

Carrara 8.5 Pro

Michael 4, with Realistic Seas by PhilW, the Everyman Hair and Men Only stubble by Naomi, Castaway Dinghy by Art Collaborations, Blade Maiden Skirt by Bobbie25 and Guari, Cheerleader panties for G2F by Sarsa Val3dart .

Repurpose -

a) The Blade Maiden skirt - I turned it into a loin cloth for Ulysses.  I parented the skirt to M4hip, then matched the poses and morphed in Carrara's vertex modeler.  I created transparency Mats to create jagged edges.

b) Cheerleader panties for G2F - It is the sail.  I created transparency Mats for the dinghy sail, then replaced the sail with the panties.  I scaled them up, created a transparency Mat to eliminate one side, then used the  vertex modeler to fit the panties to the mast and the boom.  (You know, a goddess might have some big panties lying around).

raining men escape from the nyph panties 1.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 100K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited November 2015

What causes men to go weak at the knees? A Hot Chick of Course!

What causes men to go weak at the knees? A Hot Chick of Course!

Its Raining Men 0.jpg
    900 x 506 - 185K
    Post edited by GLWoodard on
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409
    edited November 2015

Using panties as a sail! I like that! Quite innovative!

Edit: Besides, as a sail they look better than as panties.

Post edited by cherpenbeck on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Really love yours Alex.  I love images of males in dance.  So graceful and HUMAN!  lol

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,256

I just added a picture to the gallery as I practiced iRay stuff so I will add it here too... "Bud"

bud.jpeg
    1638 x 1244 - 423K

I can't imagine there is, but is there any restriction from posting the image elsewhere, too? (Like Deviantart) ((Working diligently, this 'clever idea' turned into constant tweaks and rerenders and discovering I can, in fact, get the project file so large it dumps to CPU, oooh))

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I can't imagine there is, but is there any restriction from posting the image elsewhere, too? (Like Deviantart) ((Working diligently, this 'clever idea' turned into constant tweaks and rerenders and discovering I can, in fact, get the project file so large it dumps to CPU, oooh))

I have no sympathy for you, Will... not when everything I render is CPU only... lol

Welcome to the slow side of Iray...
    laugh devil

I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry...

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited November 2015

Old Rock Star

Used:
    Digital Curlz with UHT Iray Hair Shaders
    Genesis various morphs
    Doyle texture - 
    Shayarin Earrings 
    M4 Urbanwear  scarf
    Onyx shirt
    Street Mage Gloves, (arm)Sashes and Pants
    Defiant Sash 
    Corsair boots
    Iradiance Light Probes
    Pd Iray Shader Kit 1
    Pd SoftLeather Iray (Freebie deviant art)

Repurpose - Defiant Sash is for Female Genesis

old rocker.jpg
    1140 x 1900 - 261K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

The Battle

000 01 the Battle.jpg
    1420 x 694 - 942K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

When I asked Chohole said that they want the images kept within Daz.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited November 2015
    scorpio said:

When I asked Chohole said that they want the images kept within Daz.

Argh. That wasn't in the rules - it was in one of the later thread posts and I completely missed it and posted mine elsewhere after I posted it here.  Guess I have to remove mine from consideration then. sad

Can things like that please be added to the first post as part of the rules so that others don't miss it too?

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

Chohole said:

Hang on, I will ask Richard and get back to you on that.

And Richard's reply

Well, if it was a case of a concurrent contest I don't see why not - post in PC Inspirations and ours, if that's allowed by the other contest. And I don't see why they shouldn't post to a gallery at the same time as entering

Chohole said:

And Richard's reply

Well, if it was a case of a concurrent contest I don't see why not - post in PC Inspirations and ours, if that's allowed by the other contest. And I don't see why they shouldn't post to a gallery at the same time as entering

edited November 2015

Chohole said:

And Richard's reply

This was the actual post.  I did add that we would rather it stayed at Daz,   but we are trying not to be too mandatory.

edited November 2015

I meant mainly whether I can put it up on Deviantart, which is my main location for saving my artwork. In my case, storage, rather than other contests.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    Chohole said:

Chohole said:

And Richard's reply

This was the actual post.  I did add that we would rather it stayed at Daz,   but we are trying not to be too mandatory.

So exactly what are the rules - can images be posted elsewhere or not, its the kinda thing that has to be mandatory its either yes or no.

edited November 2015

Perhaps mandatory was not the xpression I was looking for, we don't want this to get bogged down with a whole list of rules. As I said before Richards reply covers it, and we wish to keep this a fun an friendly challenge, please.

Entry #1, The Travelers -- The Guest

Content:

Genesis with Wilmap loincloth, Zac hair, Unshaven for Genesis, Cyclops skin

Reptilian 6 (G2M : http://www.daz3d.com/reptilian-6-hd-for-genesis-2-male-s ) dialed about halfway in Regency outfit ( http://www.daz3d.com/regency-genesis-2-male ). Tea cup from ( http://www.daz3d.com/a-curious-tea-drink-me )

G2F with Reptilian 6 morphs transfered via GenX2 ( http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2 ) in a Vintange Rose outfit ( http://www.daz3d.com/vintage-rose-for-genesis-2-females ) (yes, I know this doesn't qualify as 'male figure with female outfit')

Steamboat machine with some, er, creative textures ( http://www.daz3d.com/the-steamboat-machine )

Ocean wide, ocean texture redone a bit, skydome turned emissive with a spotlight adding 'sunlight.'

Liquid pack to make smokestack smoke and 'drive cloud.'

I think that covers it. ;)

(Hopefully entry #2 and #3 won't take a dozen rerenders to correct things. mutter)

The Travelers -- The Guest.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
  • XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    edited November 2015

okay finally got it to render, had to keep trying the render smaller and smaller, bit bummed about that. Thinking I may need to render without lights

but here is entry #1 (re-purposed)

Model: Genesis(1)

Scorching Black and Red -Armlets
    Z_The_Twin_Blade -
    Mr Rabbit -
    Headkase - G_SensibleShoes2 -
    Hongyu’s cowgirl4 - CG4 Jeans
    Evilinnocence Night Slayers - V4 Rebel Shirt (I don't know how the texture came out like it did here, but leaving it)
    Kozaburo - Short Hair evolution
    Skin Texture - Emelie and Edward Odd - Emelie

Note: I'll edit in links as soon as I find them

Note II: for those that don't know, my machine can't render more then what I have, so I cannot do the nice scenes like others can do, but this challenge I figured I can enter with out an actual full scene

rainingmen 003.jpg
    800 x 798 - 104K
    Post edited by XaatXuun on

Entry #2: Whew. Another long render.

http://www.daz3d.com/robogenii skin applied to G2M with a bunch of adjustments.

http://www.daz3d.com/easy-snap-sci-fi-corridors converted to Iray (which worked surprisingly easily -- almost everything is just a simple application of Iray Uber shader, with the exception of the window, which I wanted reflective)

RoboGenII G2M.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
  • DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

I just had a really evil thought: Would it be acceptable if I made a male character out of G3F and rendered that?