Adding to Cart…
Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA
© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.You currently have no notifications.
Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA
© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Comments
@MIH_BAD
What model do you have? I have a 5090 Astral that's not yet installed, and the energy consumption and heat output are starting to worry me...
(Google Translate)
I have a Gigabyte Windforce and a MSI Trio, no problem on their own, normal around 70-80 degrees for memory and around 70 for the GPU. I read that is normal. Rendering is less heat intensive than the gaming. I usually render just 1-2 minutes
@MIH_BAD
Thank you, that's fine then.
I forgot to mention: I set them to min from Afterburner: reduce Memory, Core and Power (I have at 70% only :D)
@MIH_BAD
Okay thanks :-D
I can’t wait to try the beast out !
MAN that's an expensive card. I always say you can attract more bees with honey than with vinegar. This bee will stick with it's old, sweet RTX 4060 TI
The cost of this card, even the lowest priced one, is what I usually pay for a full on computer system (no monitor or other bits but the main rig) I guess when I'm finally ready to spend that kind of money for a new rig I'll hope and pray that there is a rig with this card that's priced down enough because of the "bundle" of it all to make me hit the buy button. I usually buy from CyberPower PC.
...the price just for the memory in the upgrade to my ancient system that I have been saving for is now 600 USD more than what the entire upgrade package originally cost.
Thankfully I already have a 12 GB 3060 XC.
(now where did I put that lotto ticket from the other night?)
@RAMWolff
Yes, the prices are insane...
Stocks are extremely low and prices are skyrocketing. RTX 5090 Matrix cards priced at over €6,000 are selling out in minutes—it's madness...
And it's not going to get any better with the RAM/VRAM crisis; we're in for a few years of this.
@RAMWolff
+1
I have to say, it's all a bit of a mess:
Can't use my 5090 with earlier Daz versions (to render). Most of my scripts don't work with 2025. There's really no choice but to go all-in with Blender, is there.
Or run both DS4 and DS6 at the same time. Work in DS4. Render in DS6.
To add to the sadness and madness of all this price insanity I was getting black screens, not BSOD. Turned out it was my memory modules going bad. In all the years running PC's I've NEVER EVER had this happen. What used to be around $100 bucks for a 32 gigs of DDR5 RAM is now, depending where you buy, upwards of $1000. I was fortunate that NewEgg was offering a "back to school" special on some really good 32 gig DDR5 dual kits totaling $400.00. With money tight but a NEED to have a functioning computer that I don't have to worry about too much for the foreseeable future I had to go for it or put up with spurious black screens that could happen when I was working on my 3D stuff or watching a movie or .... it was no fun to say the least. Now I seem to be running smoothly again but man a mark up of what... 300%.
Yes, that's what I mean when I say it's all a bit of a mess.
Frankly, I don't know how I ever used Daz with only one instance running. I always have both running. Working on support textures/objects in one and the main scene in the other. Loading random sofas until I find one I like. And so on.