It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Oh I totally forgot to tell you folks my news, I got lost in the .com name stuff. My dietician was at the clinic today giving out our prizes for good numbers, (Yes I got one, my numbers are good but they were climbing.) so I asked her what I could include in my diet to help vary it. After four years of a strict diet you get very bored. Jill said with my numbers and my history of good numbers I could have pretty much anything I want when I want it as long as I did it smart. I'm thinking a Small coke and a small bag of chips today. Man I miss coka cola and plain old potato chips. Maybe down the road a piece of PIZZA or two. I'm so happy!

Hey, that's great! :)
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

Going back to the Secuirty stuff, Just found this, at another site altogether, Thought you maight like it.

Very tongue in cheek of course, not meaning to upset anyone :roll:

ALERTS TO THREATS IN 2012 EUROPE

By John Cleese (British writer, actor and tall person):

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels .

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia , meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be alright, Mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.

-- John Cleese - British writer, actor and tall person

A final thought -" Greece is collapsing, the Iranians are getting aggressive, and Rome is in disarray. Welcome back to 430 BC."

Post edited by Chohole on
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Pam, I'm stealing that and putting it on Facebook!

edited December 1969

LOL! John Cleese is awesome. As an American, I'm a little relieved and a little disappointed that my homeland was spared mention... I love the final thought, too. :lol:

edited December 1969

LOL! John Cleese is awesome. As an American, I'm a little relieved and a little disappointed that my homeland was spared mention... I love the final thought, too. :lol:

As an American, you get talked about quite enough, I'm sure ;)
    edited September 2012

As an American, you get talked about quite enough, I'm sure ;)
    That's true, although (unfortunately) most of the time we aren't listening. :-P And I guess the entire piece is kind of a veiled commentary on US security policy. Out of respect for the TOS that's about as political as I'm willing to go on this forum. Otherwise I might have a lot more to say on the subject. ;-)
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

I still remember fodnly the first installment of my companies mnagement training prgram. Our training manager had found some traing films done by John Clease. Had the whole lot of us in hysterics, because they were demonstrating the things that good managers shouldn't do.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

I still remember fodnly the first installment of my companies mnagement training prgram. Our training manager had found some traing films done by John Clease. Had the whole lot of us in hysterics, because they were demonstrating the things that good managers shouldn't do.
    I've heard of those, but not seen them myself. Sounds very cool.

I'm looking for freebies for the freebie challenge!

edited December 1969

Good grief, there's a lot of free stuff out there!

edited December 1969

That's why we have to have a freepository, to try an keep track of some of it.:roll:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    That's why we have to have a freepository, to try an keep track of some of it.:roll:

That list of sites on there is humongous! Been travelling the intarverse just looking at stuff. Found TONS of goodies, but nothing I originally wanted!
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Love all those freebies, whether I need them or not. I am a Freebie Futurist.

edited September 2012

AtticAnne said:
    Love all those freebies, whether I need them or not. I am a Freebie Futurist.

I used to collect EVERYTHING that had that magic price tag, and then one day I entered a freebie contest, and because it was such a pain in both arse cheeks to get links and make notes I just stopped collecting them altogether!

Now I want to enter another one and I can't bloomin' find what I want! How typical is that?

Unless... Can I transform a blender file to a .obj file? I haven't even got Blender installed any more.

{edit} - Oh my word, I just found some stuff in a backup folder that I did in Lightwave around 1998. I think I might upload and show!

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
    edited September 2012

Looks like antialiasing was a bit advanced in 1998, and I obviously jpegged these images to death, so I apologise for the low quality images, but these are pieces I did way way back when! They were probably so low quality because they were uploaded to a website of mine and of course there was no broadband in those days so file size was very important. The Stratocaster is a model that came with Lightwave, and I don't know what happened to the strings, I think maybe it was a magic guitar or something. The Minbari ships in the sci-fi image is something I'd love to find again because I know it was a freebie (I wouldn't have paid for anything back then, I wasn't even using my own computer to do the shots).

Anyway, here we go...

{edit} - Crap, I remember where I got my free models from, and the site is still alive and kicking, but they've changed the rules! Before I can get access to the freebies I have to submit some of my own models to share with the community. Sounds like a good idea, except, well, I don't have any models of my own to submit :down:

Minbari3001.jpg
    800 x 600 - 67K
    StratVortex.jpg
    800 x 600 - 35K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AH HA!! Barry has been holding out on us I see. For Shame.

I'm off to render myself a new Avatar. I think I have Genie looking good as Jade plus I have a Idea floating around that will get more in line with what I like doing and what made me a CV. So if I've changed tomorrow now you know why.

edited September 2012

WIP render of JADE as a CV. What y'all think?

Opps! I forgot to fix the nose again.

XT_Jade_CV.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

oh, I thought you must have "fixed" the nose.
    don't keep going back for more surgery though or it will drop iff like the late Michael Jackson %-P

edited September 2012

Well? Small avatar is M4, this is darn close except for the snozze don't you think? The WIP idea is I'm looking up answers to New User Questions. Lighting needs MUCH work but I know that already. So hush about lighting.

EDIT: I'm going to TRY to get DAZ on the books cover also.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Looks good, except I can't figure out how the right hand is positioned.

edited September 2012

It was a different camera angle to start. It is a WIP still.

EDIT: I just caught the convo you had on the other place. Very funny stuff!!

edited December 1969

I like how the avatar is coming along, Jeff. I don't suppose there's any point in me begging you not to use it? Because I really love the one you're using now, it makes me smile!

edited September 2012

Tell you what Barry. Check my Profile and see if it's okay. It's a tad bigger, if you like it I'll do the new Avatar and keep that one just for you to peek at when you need a lift.

I'm really into FORCING genesis to be Jade right now. This could still take days just to get to a final render stage.

edited December 1969

Well, I'm out of the house a fair bit today, got to get two new tyres on my new(ish) car, and then am going into town to see what's on the discs with the 3D mags!

When I get back I'm hoping to restart my BlumBlumShub render... I say restart because I deleted all my content yesterday. I can reinstall the items I used, but, erm, well, I destroyed all my texture work!

edited December 1969

Next WIP on CV Jade. I'm noticing that the Evo head morphs just do not equal the morphs ++. I need Gen X to get much better. I think the hand is fixed.

XT_Jade_CV-2.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    edited September 2012

Jaderail said:
    Next WIP on CV Jade. I'm noticing that the Evo head morphs just do not equal the morphs ++. I need Gen X to get much better. I think the hand is fixed.

Hand looks a lot better, as does the nose, but the nose isn't quite there yet. I want Gen X, but it doesn't work on DS4.5 AND it feels like I'm paying nearly $40 just so I can downgrade Genesis to Gen 4! There's just something wrong with that, bearing in mind I waited 'til I could get V5 and M5 free with a mag! A large part of me is now wondering if there's a good way to make V4 and M4 work better. For instance, when you bend the arms and legs, you get that horrible distortion. If I could solve that quickly and easily without mucking about with my sadly depleting bank balance I would be very happy. I suspect I need to learn the art of deforms and morph-making.

I'll add it to the ever-increasing list of things I need to learn. And this is before I even touch Maya and ZBrush!

{edit} - There was something bugging me about the head on your pic, and I finally figured out what it was: The hair and the crown kind of don't go well together, it looks like the hair is growing out of the side of the crown. Will be difficult to fix, I think.

edited September 2012

I'm looking at Gen X as a way to get all my hundreds of bucks worth of Gen 4 morphs into Genesis without paying Hundreds of bucks for new morphs for Genesis. Morphs ++ are far better in my eyes than the evolution stuff.

YES! The hair IS growing out of it. And yes it will be a PITA to fix.

edited December 1969

You've inspired me to make a smiling character. One that looks naturally happy. I have a new blog coming soon, and it's all about things that make me smile and make me happy, and I want to put a big happy smiling face on the header!

I want to do the BBS render first though, and it does hurt a bit that I'll have to either remake my supersuit texture or use a pre-made one, but that's what happens when you're a bit stupid like me!

Actually, you know what? I have taken it FAR too well. Destroyed ALL my texture work, and I just don't seem to mind.

edited September 2012

You've inspired me to make a smiling character. One that looks naturally happy. I have a new blog coming soon, and it's all about things that make me smile and make me happy, and I want to put a big happy smiling face on the header!

I want to do the BBS render first though, and it does hurt a bit that I'll have to either remake my supersuit texture or use a pre-made one, but that's what happens when you're a bit stupid like me!

Actually, you know what? I have taken it FAR too well. Destroyed ALL my texture work, and I just don't seem to mind.

UMmm.... What happened? Accident I hope.

EDIT: I'm told by another the Smile is me. So no new Avatar. I will fix this render, I'm having fun.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

UMmm.... What happened? Accident I hope.

EDIT: I'm told by another the Smile is me. So no new Avatar. I will fix this render, I'm having fun.
    What happened was that I decided I had too much crap on my computer, so I uninstalled programs I wasn't using any more, and made the decision to uninstall and reinstall DS, delete my runtime and start again from scratch. The DS decision was basically because I had many items in different folders, which I thought would help me be organised, but in fact all it did was make a few things not work! So now I'm installing everything wherever the heck it wants to be installed, and using Categories to organise myself. However, my textures were in my Runtime! If I was doing a texture for an item, I would keep it in the item's original texture folder and create a subfolder called Barry, followed by other subfolders for whatever I decide to call the texture. So it's all *poof* gone!

YAY, same avatar for the you! The new render is nice though.

edited September 2012

Ouch, I can see what happened and I feel for you. And Yep Ol' Smiliey sticks around. I must say though working with genesis is starting to grow on me big. I like the way I can get to just the body part I need to work on so fast now. All I really need now is FOUR of my DS3 plugins in 4.5P and I would be very happy.

EDIT: I think you'll like Catagories, I've use them from DS3 until now. Just get the scripts to back them up. AdamR has a great ds4 one in his sig line links.

This discussion has been closed.