It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

1404143454650

Comments

  • Wendy_CarraraWendy_Carrara Posts: 20,180
    edited December 1969

    you could be really sneaky and buy Chohole.com Jaderail.com etc and sell herbal viagra on them or something :snake: but I know you wouldn't %-P

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 30,103
    edited December 1969

    Chohole.com, is actually owned by the UK govt AFAIK. I was actually given permission to use Chohole.co.uk but never did get round to it.Chohole Gate is a gate in the Royal Parks, thus Crown property, administered by HM's govt.

    Just a little useless info you didn't ask for.

  • Wendy_CarraraWendy_Carrara Posts: 20,180
    edited December 1969

    lol! there are several username wendyvainity's out there (yes mispelt like mine too, but I actually had a reason, based on my surname) on all sorts of weird forums
    (I googled)
    and NONE of them are me
    gotta worry what sort of website www.wendyvainity.com is! not sure I'd want to search!

  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,101
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    Chohole.com, is actually owned by the UK govt AFAIK. I was actually given permission to use Chohole.co.uk but never did get round to it.Chohole Gate is a gate in the Royal Parks, thus Crown property, administered by HM's govt.

    Just a little useless info you didn't ask for.

    Well, I did a search on Godaddy and it said chohole.com was available to buy at the normal price. Jaidrail.com as well. And of course wendyluvscats.com!
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,101
    edited December 1969

    lol! there are several username wendyvainity's out there (yes mispelt like mine too, but I actually had a reason, based on my surname) on all sorts of weird forums
    (I googled)
    and NONE of them are me
    gotta worry what sort of website www.wendyvainity.com is! not sure I'd want to search!

    WOW!!! I typed www.wendyvainity.com into my browser and it took me to Bing.com, where your youtube stuff was top of the search :D
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

    Feel free to put Jaderail.com up and sell any ol thing you like. I gave up on web design and sites years ago. It did not take me very long to learn I was very bad at it. I'll stick to doodling with DS when I feel like it. Wed design, program coding all that stuff just got old after the first ten years. Three modified BBS's, four BBS games, one stand alone game, and My niece's e-commerce site that she NOW needs again was more than enough for me.

    P.S. Spell my name right! You flipping BiRD. Well, he is.

    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,101
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    Feel free to put Jaderail.com up and sell any ol thing you like. I gave up on web design and sites years ago. It did not take me very long to learn I was very bad at it. I'll stick to doodling with DS when I feel like it. Wed design, program coding all that stuff just got old after the first ten years. Three modified BBS's, four BBS games, one stand alone game, and My niece's e-commerce site that she NOW needs again was more than enough for me.

    P.S. Spell my name right! You flipping BiRD. Well, he is.

    How the hell did I get your name wrong? That's just rude! Please accept my apologies, I am clearly having a studid day!
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

    No sweat my friend, you did better than many I've seen. I've been mangled by the best.

    Bet none of you can pronounce it properly either.

    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 30,103
    edited December 1969

    I on the other hand would get upset if you used Chohole, it has always been such an original name. I have used it now for more than 12 years, and use it on every site I use, with never finding anyone else using it.

    Surprised HM govt gave up hanging on to the name. Maybe because Chohole Gate Lodge is now let out on the private rental market.

  • Wendy_CarraraWendy_Carrara Posts: 20,180
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    No sweat my friend, you did better than many I've seen. I've been mangled by the best.

    Bet none of you can pronounce it properly either.

    Jay derr rayel?
    or Ja derail das Bahn schnell! mit ein stein, einer grosse stein oder ein explossive!

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    No sweat my friend, you did better than many I've seen. I've been mangled by the best.

    Bet none of you can pronounce it properly either.

    Jay derr rayel?
    or Ja derail das Bahn schnell! mit ein stein, einer grosse stein oder ein explossive!DARN!! Give Wendy a cookie of her choice. First guess was very close just ayel for last syllable. I still answer to Jade for short. You speak very good elvish.

  • Wendy_CarraraWendy_Carrara Posts: 20,180
    edited December 1969

    green beer?

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 10,821
    edited December 1969

    They have green beer around here for ST. Patrick's Day

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Not the first time for the green beer joke either. But I will point out now as then it would be a Deer Beer if pronounced properly. Just a family name form one of the many books I have, not a clue if it means squat or not. I picked it because I liked it. Now you know.

  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,101
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    I on the other hand would get upset if you used Chohole, it has always been such an original name. I have used it now for more than 12 years, and use it on every site I use, with never finding anyone else using it.

    Well, if it does get taken, it won't be by me, partly out of respect, partly because I have no use for it anyway!

    Got my two new ones set up, just want to sort out the theme and graphics, then start posting.

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Oh I totally forgot to tell you folks my news, I got lost in the .com name stuff. My dietician was at the clinic today giving out our prizes for good numbers, (Yes I got one, my numbers are good but they were climbing.) so I asked her what I could include in my diet to help vary it. After four years of a strict diet you get very bored. Jill said with my numbers and my history of good numbers I could have pretty much anything I want when I want it as long as I did it smart. I'm thinking a Small coke and a small bag of chips today. Man I miss coka cola and plain old potato chips. Maybe down the road a piece of PIZZA or two. I'm so happy!

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 10,821
    edited December 1969

    Congrads! That's great news

  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,101
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    Oh I totally forgot to tell you folks my news, I got lost in the .com name stuff. My dietician was at the clinic today giving out our prizes for good numbers, (Yes I got one, my numbers are good but they were climbing.) so I asked her what I could include in my diet to help vary it. After four years of a strict diet you get very bored. Jill said with my numbers and my history of good numbers I could have pretty much anything I want when I want it as long as I did it smart. I'm thinking a Small coke and a small bag of chips today. Man I miss coka cola and plain old potato chips. Maybe down the road a piece of PIZZA or two. I'm so happy!

    Man, that's fantastic news. I'm really happy.

    What doesn't make me happy is that in a moment of absent-mindedness I must have not logged out of my pc when my stepson was around. Lo and behold I've got more virus troubles than a particularly careless prostitute.

    Might result in a reformat. Well, that's tomorrow taken care of, whoop de doo!

    Still, great news Jeff :D

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Gee... Barry that BITES. What AV are you running? It does not sound very secure.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 30,103
    edited December 1969

    No it doesn't try Avast. I works in paranoia mode most of the time. Won't even let you go near any site it doesn't like, simply stops the connection dead and sends up bells and whistles to tell you so.

  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,101
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    No it doesn't try Avast. I works in paranoia mode most of the time. Won't even let you go near any site it doesn't like, simply stops the connection dead and sends up bells and whistles to tell you so.

    I use Avast. I just clearly don't use Paranoia mode, or he changed the permissions.
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Never thought of that, he could have done that couldn't he? Question why don't AV prg's ask for passwords to change options? They do for every thing else I do.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 30,103
    edited December 1969

    That's a very good point. They set up paranoia mode for everything else why not that.

  • FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 17,301
    edited December 1969

    Great news, Jeff! Nice that your hard work isn't just keeping you going, but letting you get some of those long-denied treats back as well.

  • Wendy_CarraraWendy_Carrara Posts: 20,180
    edited September 2012

    Barry, you need to lock your family out of your computer!!!
    it is your proffesional work tool, not a play toy.
    that you can in fact play on it too is just a personal bonus, get them a cheap laptop for web browsing that can be reformatted when needed.

    Post edited by Wendy_Carrara on
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,101
    edited September 2012

    Barry, you need to lock your family out of your computer!!!
    it is your proffesional work tool, not a play toy.
    that you can in fact play on it too is just a personal bonus, get them a cheap laptop for web browsing that can be reformatted when needed.

    It's actually only partly my fault. I thought I'd left the computer unguarded, but no, he actually watched me type my password and remembered it. He didn't just watch me though, he watched me several times, from different angles, and some distance away so I didn't even see him looking. I'm a big bloke, very big in fact, and he must have eyes like a bloody hawk to see me type my password. There weren't many characters in it though, and all were lowercase letters. I've changed that now, oh yes indeedy, you betcha life I did!

    Anyway... Ran a full scan with Avast, and one with Malwarebytes, found oodles of nasties and squished them. My pc is running quickly again, but I'm still paranoid so I will be running other things throughout the day. I'm not especially fond of reformatting, especially when I don't know where my OEM disc is! Now that's a stupid thing to lose isn't it?

    Now I'm off to spend my PC voucher. No idea what I'm getting this month with it. Maybe some more of the morphs for Genesis if they're on sale.

    {edit} - Tried to submit an order 3 times but it hasn't worked. Sucks!
    {another edit} - It worked the fourth time, all is well. Still haven't spent my voucher though!

    Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
  • MAJourneyMAJourney Posts: 1,256
    edited December 1969

    Maybe you should give Mr. Sneaky a poke in the eye and say "Oops" when you have to log in. I'm the opposite of you in size and type slow, so I'd either try to be tricky or stop and wait for potential Sneakies to move away.

  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,101
    edited December 1969

    Maybe you should give Mr. Sneaky a poke in the eye and say "Oops" when you have to log in. I'm the opposite of you in size and type slow, so I'd either try to be tricky or stop and wait for potential Sneakies to move away.

    I like the poking in the eye idea, it's both efficient and cruel. Prevention and punishment all in one!
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 30,103
    edited December 1969

    Another good way of confuzzling peeps who want to watch you typing in passwords is to deliberately typw one character wrong, and then go back and correct it quickly. You do have to rember which character was wrong though.

  • MAJourneyMAJourney Posts: 1,256
    edited December 1969

    Just finished making different ersions of my shirt design-- four front and two back.

    SDB1.jpg
    607 x 304 - 49K
    SDF1.jpg
    601 x 600 - 72K
This discussion has been closed.