It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791
    edited December 1969

you want my honest opinion?
    looking at tha clunky low poly model, M4 or rather Genesis who can wear all clothes, would look better!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

I have to say I do not get this I want a game figure thing going on right now. All those figures are so low mesh that they look very BAD to me. Can you folks explain why you want this stuff? I was a game designer for a short time and all the Characters just looked bad to me. We had to use cameras and effects to get stuff to look good enough to make folks go COOL! Okay, that was twenty some years ago and I was doing ONE of Games on a Amiga 1200 for BBS systems, ( I got free time and file access for it but they got a custom shoot'em up based on the sites theme.) and the stuff I'm seeing is all so low grade I would never bother. What's up with that?

EDIT: RIGHT Wendy!! Why bother?

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

I have to agree with you. But like I said, I'd need FaceGen, better morphing skills, and have to do lots of clothes and hair hunting. That means lots of work and money .

edited December 1969

You can find LOADS of the ALMOST but not the exact stuff on the free sites. That only takes TIME! Even character morphs for the figures are out in the Web Verse if you take the time. My Free Content Folder is THREE times the size of my BOUGHT content folders. And that's just in four years without trying hard.

edited December 1969

lol!
    rigged him in Carrara, animated him in iClone!

zack.gif
    500 x 500 - 827K
    edited September 2012

if I was allowed and more importantly, knew how to share, I would do a facegen of Squall for you
    I would need decent pictures! too!
    you CAN use the free facegen demo ofcouse
    honestly, I do not think it would be that hard to do with morphs plus!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Maybe I should have said before, but the Squall model I linked earlier isn't satisfactory. It reminds me of some wooden doll from the ooooolllllldddd days. I rtan into it while looking for an avatar and never expected to find my favorite character on turbosquid's shelf. So yeah, i dont want it that bad.

Sorry if I caused any trouble.

edited December 1969

What trouble? No trouble. I was just wondering.

edited December 1969

no trouble, just a bit more fun for me rigging stuff
    I do this a lot btw, love bringing models to life!!
    suck at modelling myself though and can only do Carrara rigging which works in Iclone.

edited December 1969

lol Nice animation of Zack, Wendy.

Doesn't the free demo of FaceGen put an "S" or something on the forehead? You can find some nice pics of Squall Leonhart oin Google Images.

edited September 2012

yes, it does but, hide it with hair, photoshop it out, uhmm shhhhh smooth it in Hexagon
    I stay away from Google images on my desktop, (only on my Android) it bypasses AVG safe link!!!

edited December 1969

Go figure...wait, what did you say? :P

edited December 1969

gotta go to work but if I wake up in time tomorrow, I will help you search for clothes
    he is based on River phoenix so a morph might be out there too
    there are action toys and models
    I know you want one!
    you could use Autodesk 123D catch to photograph around it and make a messy triagulated model with no quads that is a bugger to work with!

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Tell me when I can rip cg from movies and I'll be interested! Avatar fan art ftw!

Most of those low poly characters don't even look good in the games, let alone in fan art. But it is quite cool that you can rip the goodies anyway.

If I wanted to rip some 3D out of a game it would be architecture from Oblivion or Skyrim. Definitely not the characters.

edited September 2012

Tell me when I can rip cg from movies and I'll be interested! Avatar fan art ftw!

Most of those low poly characters don't even look good in the games, let alone in fan art. But it is quite cool that you can rip the goodies anyway.

If I wanted to rip some 3D out of a game it would be architecture from Oblivion or Skyrim. Definitely not the characters.

Hey Bro check this at ShareCG , Search for Avatar in the POSER section. Morphs, textures the ships ect... get your Avatar on Barry.

Here is the Full V4 set Princess
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

oh, this is just peachy!!!
    Google search now brings up forumarchive/Daz3D
    but where as before I could just add archive to the url
    now just goes to data connectivity problem or page down, at least on my Android
    them grapes were prob sour anyway!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Hey Bro check this at ShareCG , Search for Avatar in the POSER section. Morphs, textures the ships ect... get your Avatar on Barry.

Here is the Full V4 set Princess
    Oh my, now this is something I could get behind. Sadly I couldn't release t-shirts of the renders, but it sounds like fun.

Right now I've got my hands full, working on 2 renders, and one seems so simple, but I'm also working on websites and that has to take priority I think because that is aimed at making money.

Unless I start texturing again!

edited December 1969

I haen't seen Avatar...well, yes I -- under our usernames. :P

edited December 1969

Barry, what program or site do you use to make your shirts? There'so many out there, I don't know which are good and legit.

edited September 2012

ok Jacob, just using crap in my runtime and a bit of belt rotation and translation in Hexagon to create morphs
    (much easier in Carrara but I am sticking to the Daz studio workflow for your sake)
    my sad Squall attempt :red:
    yeah, need a bomber jacket, with a big collar, this was all I had, could fix those shared cuffs and sleeves in Carrara.
    used fuzzy wuzzy shaders white beary

Untitled.jpg
    343 x 504 - 45K
    squall_try.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 275K
    edited December 1969

Wendy, that's better than the wooden doill from turbosquid. Also, youdon't have to get stuck with DS. I prefer Carrara. I don't think i could grow the hair though. What haiur is that? Or did you make it yourself?

As for the collar, can't you stretch it in the model room?

edited December 1969

yes, in Carrara I can adjust the jacket or use something else and model the pendant and put the belts in a better position etc
    was just trying to do it using studio and Hexagon and premade content (which I find very annoting!) I showed the scene tab so you could see what I used
    it is AprilYSH Jai hair, it came with Carrara 6pro I believe on my figures, characters and avatars book disc.
    in Carrara I would do a lot of stuff differently inc dynamic fur.
    hoping it would inspire you to do one yourself as it would look far better than any game character figure, their cut scenes would be done with highpoly models too.

edited December 1969

Yeah, it did make my Projects list, which now looks like this:

- make brother's character, Aori.
    - make Reena
    - make Reena's rival/enemy
    - make character with moon eyes
    - start story animation
    - design a bunch of shirts
    - try making Squall

I've started most of them, but hit a wall on all of them. lol

edited December 1969

Barry, what program or site do you use to make your shirts? There'so many out there, I don't know which are good and legit.

Right now I use Zazzle, but Cafe Press also make good quality shirts. I've tried Spreadshirt but honestly, the quality of their stuff is dreadful and I have removed all my stuff because I don't want to upset my customers.

Zazzle give you a great deal of options and you can put as many items in your shop as you want, all for free.

Cafe Press give you a lot of options too, but you need to pay them an annual fee for their 'full' version of a shop (so I haven't bothered!)

At the moment, it seems that simple shirts are selling well, so I might add some without bothering with 3D, while I'm still working on the 3D pics.

edited December 1969

Just played with Zazzle a bit. It's nice, but there seems to be a limit on shirt colors for the different styles. That's a sucker.

edited December 1969

Just played with Zazzle a bit. It's nice, but there seems to be a limit on shirt colors for the different styles. That's a sucker.

They all have different limitations, depending on such things as where they get their shirts from. The nice thing about Zazzle is that you can do SO much more than just shirts. iPhone covers, bags, even skateboards!
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes, you should see what Daz_Ann did with her fluffy pink bunny on Zazzle items.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes, you should see what Daz_Ann did with her fluffy pink bunny on Zazzle items.

I think I did see them, I asked her about them and she gave me a link. I was very impressed.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I loved the little shoes she did for kids. Takes Fluffy bunny slippers to a new height.

edited December 1969

I have bought two more domains today! Slightly different idea though, these two are just simple blogs, one about things that make me happy and one about whatever the heck I want to say! Once the domains are set up and I've got Wordpress on them I'll share links in case anyone wants to join in!

This discussion has been closed.