Contest ~~~ Because I Said So! (October 2015)

13»

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    edited November 2015

Thanks folks! As I mentioned in my Art Studio thread, a lot of entries are close for first and second place. We need people to vote!!!!!

BTW, those are Hedvig's lips in the banner.

I'm glad you like the layout of the voting page. I made the entries alternating light color backgrounds so it was easier to keep track of the lines.

Post edited by Novica on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,643

I voted as well what great art works to choose from amazing!!!!

Thank you Saphirewild yes

No thank you Nonica for having this contest I am so inspired right now from all the beautiful Artwork!!!

edited November 2015

The winners for the first ever Because I Said So! Contest are shown below- and 4th place was only ONE POINT away from the 3rd place entry, (I can see why both of those are popular!)  so I am awarding a 4th Place as well, with a $5 Gift Certificate. All entries will be featured over in my Art Studio thread as well. Great work, folks!

1st Place  The Shortcut  (luci45)           "You SERIOUSLY thought that was a good idea?"

Click here to see products used and story/dialog.

2nd Place  Mine Cart Race (Sasje)          "You SERIOUSLY thought that was a good idea?"

3rd Place  True Story (Slightly Embellished)   (Lyam)      "You SERIOUSLY thought that was a good idea?"

Click here to see products used and story/dialog.

4th Place/Honorable Mention    Time With Dad  (RGcincy)    "You SERIOUSLY thought that was a good idea?"

Looking at the voting and the weighting system (1st place 5 points, 2nd place 3 points, 3rd place 2 points, and 4th place 1 point to help determine tie-breakers) it worked extremely well. The number of votes for first place AND looking at the number of votes an entry got overall, correlated very well to the placed positions.EDIT: I will PM you with your gift card codes, we'll get that done immediately. Please contact FirstBastion with your product choices (remember, bundles excluded)  and THANK YOU SO MUCH FIRSTBASTION!

November's contest is already off and running, be sure and check it out here! I used many of your suggestions  We do need sponsors for this month if anyone can chip in!

1stPlaceOct2015jpg.jpg
    895 x 683 - 375K
    2ndPlaceOct2015.jpg
    900 x 687 - 446K
    3rdPlaceOct2015.jpg
    835 x 705 - 510K
    4thPlaceOct2015.jpg
    743 x 859 - 530K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2015

And I want to thank everyone who voted!

Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2015

duplicate. I posted into the Draft areas as I was grabbing the renders. Mods- can you delete these duplicates?

Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2015

I edited the post- I will PM you directly with the gift card code- I don't need your email address. Sorry!

Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2015

duplicate

Post edited by Novica on
  • XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871

congratulations to the winner

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Congratulations winners!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

Congratulations winners

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835

Congratulations the other winners and the other people who participated, all the renders are great smiley

It was fun to do smiley

Thank you Novica and FirstBastion for the contest and sponsoring.

You're very welcome- the art was amazing and humorous. I laughed a lot!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,184
    edited November 2015

Congratulation to everyone who particpated and had fun during the month.  You all have  a great sense of humor!  I enjoyed it so much that I'm going to be sweetening the pot with the prizes. 

So,

First place now gets 3 choices,

Second placce gets 2 choice,

Third place still gets 1 choice

and Fourth place also gets 1 choice. 

And since Novica put in all the effort to bring us such a fun event,  she is welcome to a 1 choice of product as well. 

Send your choice/s to my PM and please remember I need your email as well to send to DAZ so they can place the products into the correct DAZ account. 

Thank you all!  It's been fun. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • Congrats to the winners! Wooo :)

To Novica and FirstBastion a hearty thanks for putting this on.

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 459

Congratulations everyone, and double congrats to the winners! And a huge thank you to Novica and FirstBastion for making this contest, and being so generous with the rewards! 

Thank you for participating Hoppitty! 

Wow FirstBastion, that is so awesome of you- extremely generous! I've already updated the November thread with you as the co-sponsor. laugh

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,641

OMG, I am ecstatic! Three FirstBastion models! So awesome! Thank you, thank you! And thank you so much, Novica, for doing this.

It was great fun whether winning or not. Congrats to Sasje, Lyam and RGcincy! There were a lot of excellent and funny entries so it was an honor to win first. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,804

Thanks to everyone who participated and voted! It was a very hard choice when it came time to vote - so many good entries to choose from and so many clever ways to interpret the statements. I feel humbled to appear alongside the images by Luci45, Sasje and Lyam - congratulations to all of you too! 

Special thanks to Novica for taking a risk on a new contest and letting us all have some fun. And I especially appreciate FirstBastion's for his so generous support. I really like his products and am honored to get another one.  

• LyamLyam Posts: 137

WhooHoo! I won third place! I must have woken up this morning in an alternate universe, cause I never win.

Thank you everyone! Novica I got your generous gift code in my email.  Thank you so much. This was alot of fun.

You're so very welcome. Thanks for supporting it!

I've been in contests before, and I know how much work goes into the art. I do want to share that all entries got votes.  Viewers really appreciated the humor, and I can hardly WAIT to see what you creative people do with November's statements!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Congratulations to the winners! They were ALL awesome images and I had a hard time trying to vote LOL. 

Thank you Novica - it was a fun contest laugh I didn't enter but I had a lot of fun looking at the entries and laughing. And a big THANK YOU to First Bastion for his awesome contributions! laugh

Appreciate your support by voting. That plays a really big part in the contest and means a lot to the participants!  Voting WAS hard. 

• Just to let everybody know I have recieved all the PMs with the winners' choices,  and have sent it all off to the DAZ offices.  Now we patiently wait.  Hopefully it'll all get allocated quikly.  Everybody chose something different which was nice to see a variety.  Drop me a quick note when it makes it into your accounts.  Thanks.

Congrads Winners wow all the ones I thought were going to win did that is really good to see laugh

edited November 2015

Just to let everybody know I have recieved all the PMs with the winners' choices,  and have sent it all off to the DAZ offices.  Now we patiently wait.  Hopefully it'll all get allocated quikly.  Everybody chose something different which was nice to see a variety.  Drop me a quick note when it makes it into your accounts.  Thanks.

Although certainly not required, it would be fun if (time permitting) the winners would (eventually) post any renders they do with FirstBastion's products over in my Art Studio thread (gets more traffic than these threads, it's the product showcase thread.) But also feel free to post any here too. I know PA's have fun seeing what folks do with their products. Emphasis- it's completely optional, not required at all!

My studio is down (has been for three days.)  It started crashing when I downloaded the beta 4.9 studio, but it may not be related. (Although RGcincy had trouble too, if I recall?)  Also, a friend of mine who owns the Pensacola pottery studio  wants to buy my kiln (I had a brick and mortar Pottery Studio too) so I have to get a TON of things painted and fired in the next two weeks so I'll pop in and out.  I don't have time to piddle with fixing the studio right now. 

Post edited by Novica on