Art of the Promo

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133

She's going to regret the outfit generally if she falls off there.

Yea I concur and I know that from experience , when i was in my teens I crashed a bike wear a bathing suite and i was wearing flip-flops at the time which why I crashed..lo it was not pretty  I had a the worst road rash and learned why they make sand paper out of sand .

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Ivy said:

Yea I concur and I know that from experience , when i was in my teens I crashed a bike wear a bathing suite and i was wearing flip-flops at the time which why I crashed..lo it was not pretty  I had a the worst road rash and learned why they make sand paper out of sand .

I remember my brother getting pulled up for riding his motorbike along a coastal roaf wearing Swim trunks and a crash helmet.  They couldn't actually do him for anything, so just gave him a stern warning about the perils of not being properly dressed whilst riding it.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    Chohole said:
    Ivy said:

I remember my brother getting pulled up for riding his motorbike along a coastal roaf wearing Swim trunks and a crash helmet.  They couldn't actually do him for anything, so just gave him a stern warning about the perils of not being properly dressed whilst riding it.

Yea a motorcycle and shorts would very bad if you wreaked

• The BrigThe Brig Posts: 81
    Ivy said:

did anyone notice that this girl is bare footed riding a bike... Ouch..lol...  very good promo render though just missed a small detail

product link: http://www.daz3d.com/the-velo

Maybe there's a road rash texture out there...

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,218

Karen 7 released today with a collection of new packages for the heroine worth having a look at.  What caught my eye today was the background setting of Guardian's scifi outfit set.  Post apocalyptic juxtaposition of a downed airplane and land-locked Freight on a torn up roadway in a dystopian future,  is the kind of thing you sit up and take notice of.  The clothing set is by Bluebird3D.

01-daz3d_the-guardian-outfit-for-genesis-3-female_s_.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 162K
    edited August 2015

Floating Junk by AntFarm.  Dynamic action storytelling! 

floating-junk-daz3d.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 561K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Destroyed Mall by The DigiVault.  So much potential.

edited October 2015

The Destroed Mall definitely has a lot of delapidated atmosphere. A great sense of foreboding too.  Like there could be any number of things popping out of the shadows making life difficult for the hero. Good call.   I remember playing a video game that had that very similar kind of environment.  If I recall which it was I'll mention it.  It did have some scary fast moving zombies though .

The Starship caught my eye, the orbital backgrounds are very impressive too,  and the metal on the Iray promo is darn nice.

starship-daz3d_3.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 194K
    edited October 2015

These two,  both quite simple,  but realistic and lifelike caught my attention today  The first is Iray skin converter featuring the two extremes of genesis,   and the second is The Koala by Alessandro AM.  Outstanding images. 

08-iray-converter-for-genesis-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 124K
    02-koala-by-am-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 229K
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

Thank you very much FirstBastion !  

Yes the Freak is also a mountain of... care and tenderness. ..

By the way I also enjoy the koala image ! 

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715

I was totally going to add that Freak and Baby render to here. It's just gorgeous. @_

And yes, the koala baby face gets me every time. <3<3<3

edited October 2015

Been posting these for a while now,  I always hoped others would take up the banner and post comments on the great art that we get to see almost daily.  Other sites barely get a few releases a week,  and we're privy to multiple releases each day.  It's prety cool to be able to check these out regularly.   Today's entry is a Mediterranean beauty named Vincenzina  She has a great unique quality about her. Which is something I'm looking for over all the cookie cutter sameness that sometimes happens.    I definitely see the Classic Mediterranean influences.   In a few of the promos there's just a hint of Penelope Cruz.  Definitely a little old world.  And definitely worth having a look at all the beautiful promos. 

85fb3a38138f11837661441b1dceae.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 96K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited October 2015

I gotta admit, this one made me laugh - http://www.daz3d.com/step-van-zombie-hunter

Post edited by Mattymanx on
    edited October 2015

It's great you got that promo included here,  cause the product was removed later the same day. Hopefully it'll be back soon.   It's definitely got the storytelling  stuff I like to see in promo art! Reminds me of the Left for Dead series of video games.

edited October 2015

As the fog rolls in,  the secluded shoreline is obscured by the dense cool air. In your POV,  there is a striking beauty walking towards you out of the mist,   the wind tussling her hair against the breeze. It's all about atmosphere.  Promos evoke imagery in your mind's eye and trigger possibilities. I don't usually showcase straight pinup poses,  but MattyManx's Model Me This3 promo crosses over into artistic territory with this image with its mermaid-esque qualities.  And since there are often comments made asking what was used in a particular promo,  all the additional information at the bottom, is a useful bonus.

mattyshore.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 119K
    edited October 2015

Well the Zombie Hunter Van by Predatron is now back in the store. There's a second promo worth having a look at.  We've  talked about the different types of promos before, artistic versus functional.  Well the chaotic scene above takes care of the artistic,  but this second functional promo gives visiual information on the usability of the product.  With a simple glance we can see,  what opens and closes based on the rigging supplied by the PA.  That's what you call "vlaue added"  So if you want to use it for animations or straight renders, these options make your creative possibilities expand.  Nicely done!

zombie-huntervan.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 234K

As the fog rolls in,  the secluded shoreline is obscured by the dense cool air. In your POV,  there is a striking beauty walking towards you out of the mist,   the wind tussling her hair against the breeze. It's all about atmosphere.  Promos evoke imagery in your mind's eye and trigger possibilities. I don't usually showcase straight pinup poses,  but MattyManx's Model Me This3 promo crosses over into artistic territory with this image with its mermaid-esque qualities.  And since there are often comments made asking what was used in a particular promo,  all the additional information at the bottom, is a useful bonus.

Thank you FirstBastion!

The big promos on Model Me This 3 is how I really wanted to do all the promos since the first Model Me This set with the inlcuded credits to mimic a fashion magazine.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Ok, now THAT'S a promo! Brilliant idea. :) 

Well the Zombie Hunter Van by Predatron is now back in the store. There's a second promo worth having a look at.  We've  talked about the different types of promos before, artistic versus functional.  Well the chaotic scene above takes care of the artistic,  but this second functional promo gives visiual information on the usability of the product.  With a simple glance we can see,  what opens and closes based on the rigging supplied by the PA.  That's what you call "vlaue added"  So if you want to use it for animations or straight renders, these options make your creative possibilities expand.  Nicely done!

• ablazeablaze Posts: 61
    edited October 2015

I saw this but not in a good way.  dumbells and heels,  of course.

dms-sexyposesprops.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 174K
    Post edited by ablaze on

I saw this but not in a good way.  dumbells and heels,  of course.

I forgot about that set.  I really like their poses and promos in that set!

edited October 2015

This one's been out for a while,  but I must have missed it,  but today it is showcased in the catchup sale spotlight.  Jepe has done flamez before,  and this third version has a seriously cool dragon image as the Main Promo. 

jepes-flamez-iii.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 407K

Some interesting props and lights in this set but I really like this promo image....very dynamic. 

• I love that dragon, First, it caught my eye when I was browsing the store earlier today. I have to admit something though - I'm finding the use of skewed camera angles becoming overused and irritating. I'm noticing that the image might be a nice piece of clothing and rendered well but there's nothing that makes it pop and those are the ones that most often get skewed. That's all great and fine for the one image, but because so many are doing that, when you're looking at moderately sized pics on a search page and there are a bunch of those - there's this sort of "fun house" effect where it feels like everything is listing to the side. lol! It's actually unsettling and and I don't want to look at stuff, I want to click and get to a page that doesn't do that.

That being said, I found a promo that grabbed my attention because it's clean, simple, and I love the lighting, it allows the character to grab the attention.

Cheers,

Kath

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459

Thanks so much Matty.Man.X (I remembered). This product was in the works off and on for almost a year and was so happy to revisit/rediscover the older promos. This was my second favorite.

Mattymanx said:

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    Marshian said:

Thanks so much Matty.Man.X (I remembered). This product was in the works off and on for almost a year and was so happy to revisit/rediscover the older promos. This was my second favorite.

What?!? You mean s/he's not a nappy short-tailed cat? laugh

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

oh my! I absolutely LOVE this main promo for the Sword of Time Textures add on. The look on that chappy's face is hysterical - also he kinda reminds me of Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon. LOL. The best thing is, the feel of that promo is carried right through the others - with our stern hero being all heroic-like, whereas the other chappy is kinda running away or standing there with a "um, what's going on" look on his face. A nice sense of humour throughout the promos that really carries teh story. 

00-daz3d_sword-of-time-textures_.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 347K
    edited November 2015
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited November 2015
    Post edited by Chohole on

This promo caught my eye immediately and had me clicking through the rest of the promo images. 

So nice to not only see a new male character but one without 6 pack abs.