Art of the Promo

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

This promo caught my eye immediately and had me clicking through the rest of the promo images. 

So nice to not only see a new male character but one without 6 pack abs.

More of a 12 pack guy? ;) 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited November 2015

or a keg? laugh 

as my hubby always says: "Pah, who wants a 6 pack? I've got the whole keg!" 

SimonJM said:

This promo caught my eye immediately and had me clicking through the rest of the promo images. 

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    jakiblue said:

or a keg? laugh 

as my hubby always says: "Pah, who wants a 6 pack? I've got the whole keg!" 

SimonJM said:

More of them to love.  heart

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,322
    edited November 2015

I just saw the Wolf-2 by Alessandro_AM scrolling across the top sellers bannner on front page.   And the promos images for this model are outstanding.  Taking advantage and showcasing the level of detail that can be achieved with the Look AT My Hair  FUR plugin (also created by him ! ) .  The Buffalo Hunt and the White Wolf particularly caught my eye but all the images are worth looking at. 

06-wolf-20-by-am-daz3d.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 178K
    07-wolf-20-by-am-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 118K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • ablazeablaze Posts: 61
    edited November 2015

Today's email from DAZ displayed this promo image from GypsyAngel. 

megapromoemail.jpg
    700 x 658 - 175K
    Post edited by ablaze on
    edited December 2015

While chatting on Skype someone mentioned an Old Barn in the new releases.  Wandering over to the store to take a look at all the new releases I see the Old Barn in question.  Looks interesting.  I think I will wishlist it for later.  Then I start to go through the promo images.  When I get to this image I am sold.  Instead of wishlisting the Old Barn it has ended up in my cart.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
    edited September 2023

Today we'll have another look at the "functional" promo that provides info on the versatility of a product.  I don't know about others,  but I tend to buy a fair amount of hair products.  So I usually give a good once over of the promos for hair products.  Specifically I look for the morphs included in a hair product.  Two great examples were released in the last week.  The promos have different set ups but the visual information provided in each  helps in the decision to buy.  Wave Hair by Aeon Soul and Cailin Hair by OutofTouch which has the added bonus of being bundled with a really popular character.  

In both cases showing off the versatility of dynamic looks is important. 

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

As the fog rolls in,  the secluded shoreline is obscured by the dense cool air. In your POV,  there is a striking beauty walking towards you out of the mist,   the wind tussling her hair against the breeze. It's all about atmosphere.  Promos evoke imagery in your mind's eye and trigger possibilities. I don't usually showcase straight pinup poses,  but MattyManx's Model Me This3 promo crosses over into artistic territory with this image with its mermaid-esque qualities.  And since there are often comments made asking what was used in a particular promo,  all the additional information at the bottom, is a useful bonus.

Though the render itself is gorgeous, the difference between background POV and hers is a bit too jarringfor me.It makes her look 1000 ft tall.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

I really like all 3 renders from Tofusan's new hair - http://www.daz3d.com/quiet-medium-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

I am really liking the main promo on this hair - http://www.daz3d.com/odessa-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

edited September 2023

Given my history,  I've always got a soft spot for cinematic story telling.  Devon new Spy Tales poses set promos have a great sence of action, horizontal aspect ratio, great special F/X post work,   and  would lend themselves really well to delivering action to a potential scene for others.  Particularly like the shards of glass exploding to dynamic effect

• You can just see the phalanx assembled behind the rushing Spartan commander possibly inspired by Leonidas and his 300.  Just the amount of work that went into posing all these character figures deserves attention.  It has jsut the right level of urgency and sense of intensity.  Good Stuff.

00-daz3d_spartan-warrior-for-gen.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 294K
  • dHandledHandle Posts: 617

Not sure how I missed this thread for the past 2 years...but I had a great time browsing through it for the past 20 minutes.

When I saw the title and the 1st couple of renders, one popped into my head, and I said to myself, "Surely someone else feels like I do. This one has to be someone else's favorite!"  I went through all of the pages, and didn't see that one image that popped right in my head.  How is that possible!?  This image is fantastic!!

I'm sure you agree...

advanced_ambient_light_popup5.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 120K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    dHandle said:

Not sure how I missed this thread for the past 2 years...but I had a great time browsing through it for the past 20 minutes.

When I saw the title and the 1st couple of renders, one popped into my head, and I said to myself, "Surely someone else feels like I do. This one has to be someone else's favorite!"  I went through all of the pages, and didn't see that one image that popped right in my head.  How is that possible!?  This image is fantastic!!

I'm sure you agree...

I agree this image is fantastic!!!! I also have a fav one that does pop out i my head but not sure how to get it over here.

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617
    dHandle said:

I'm sure you agree...

I agree this image is fantastic!!!! I also have a fav one that does pop out i my head but not sure how to get it over here.

I moved the promo image by right clicking on it and saving it to the desktop.  Then I clicked "attach a file" (by the 'post comment' button below) and navigated to it on my desktop.  After I brought it in to my post, I deleted it from my desktop.

• You can just see the phalanx assembled behind the rushing Spartan commander possibly inspired by Leonidas and his 300.  Just the amount of work that went into posing all these character figures deserves attention.  It has jsut the right level of urgency and sense of intensity.  Good Stuff.

I agree. It does remind me of Leonidas and the snow is a nice touch!

edited January 2016

I was alive in the late Sixties,  so all I can say is Mada Hair's flower child vibe is more like a memory than a product image.  And this particular promo number five ties nicely to the comments up the page.  Goldtassel does it again.

05-mada-hair-genesis.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 287K
    edited January 2016

This ones older,  just noticed it in fastdgrab but the promo is interesting cause it is set up like a Magazine Cover with the blurbs describing the product details.  Both the barcode,  and the Inked logo are a nice creative touch by Shana soulmate. Some might say its a little busy,  but it grabs the attention. 

inked00.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 355K

I love black and white images or images with very minimal colours.  This promo image for VYK Devil Dolls masks is simply beautiful.

• I've been using Bryce since it was Metacreation product on an Imac at the turn of the last century and though it's starting to show its age now, I'm always impressed when David Brinnen and Horo (the Bryce masters) release another creative work showcasing the advanced functionality that they're able to finesse out of the software. Their new Landscapes under Fantastic Skies set has some truly fantastic surreal environment promos today. Make sure to have a look at all of them under new releases link. I particularly like the sinkholes image, the stratified rocks look especially realistic. http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-landscapes-under-fantastic-skies

Wow that's outstanding, it would easily standup against Vue and Terragen!!!

edited January 2016

Andrey Pestryakov did a great job on this Iray nature scene named Grotto (cave)  .  Nice attention to detail and the hint of exploration possibilities beckons.

03-nature---grotto-daz3d.jpg
    2311 x 1300 - 951K
    edited January 2016

Another one of those,  "I like what's going on in the background" promos,  where the focus of the promo is obviously the Wall Ranger Outfit for G3F,  but all the additional details in the bg help keep your attention for a few extra seconds as you take it in  and consider the time it took to set up and render. 

wall-ranger-outfit800.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 142K
  • TeofaTeofa Posts: 823

My first thought on this last Image was .. Wow.  Looks like the gate to New Vegas.  I love it.

I do not render much sci-fi but I can appreciate a great sci-fi scene.  This one for Sci-Fi Basion really caught my eye.  It is absolutely gorgeous.

edited January 2016

Whenever Stonemason has a release most of us take note.  Iray Clouds looks like another must have item.  I loved the images of the clouds surroundings buildings but this is the image that sold it for me. 

Post edited by Kismet2012 on

This just seems to be a good day for promo images that catch my eye.  What a cute concept by The AntFarm.  I am loving the Watch Dog.  Especially the poses that demonstrate its versatility.

edited January 2016

All I can say is Ron Deviney's Impressions left an impression, expecially this one,  there's atleast 3 cool works of art on the page .

rons-impressions-deviney.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 266K

Those brushes are absolutely breathtaking.  Ron really knows how to show off his work.

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,229

I do not render much sci-fi but I can appreciate a great sci-fi scene.  This one for Sci-Fi Basion really caught my eye.  It is absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks Kismet, i thought having an overcast look might have been a mistake, but at least someone likes it! smiley

edited February 2016

Not sure how I missed this one in the past,  but this underwater-bathysphere promo image by David Brinnen  & ForbiddenWhispers is pretty darn cool with the iray volumtric fog distance dropoff.  Well done.

bathyspherepromomai.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 206K