Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220

The entire sequence of the Wizard's magic Path images are great!  Very cinematic storytelling. 

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133

The entire sequence of the Wizard's magic Path images are great!  Very cinematic storytelling. 

Thank you for the nice comment  :) I ogrinally made this as a story board I was going to animate it but I have so many projects as it is I just made it a series of images. I figure if you go through all the work to set up the scene mise well do something cool and try to make a story from it :)

Karate Girl

A new Karate girl animation character I am working on for a new Karate girl animation release titled named" Karate Girl Coming Home."
     this is a cut for the story board where she out for a jog.  rendered in Daz 4.8 Mix of Iray and cpu rendered  karate girl G2F character. 

click for for fullsize view. for details, 1080 HD

Karate Girl

• Keep it up Ivy:) You keep getting better & better!

Keep it up Ivy:) You keep getting better & better!

Thank you Francis :)

edited August 2015

New Animation rendered in Daz Studio 4.8

Daz Studio MMA
    Micheal4 Vs Micheal6

Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yysJqelpt4

Daz Studio MMA

intro-promo.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 179K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited August 2015

Involuntary Obedience Training (Animated short.)  Youtube link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_KKCaPPHvQ

This is a daz studio pro 4.8 Victoria 6 / Genesis 2 Female(s) SKAmotion High Heel Walk aniBlock Test. Found at daz.com - http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-6-genesis-2-female-s-high-heel-walk-aniblock

I had been asked about SKAmotion High Heel Walk aniBlock a few times so.  I wanted to do something different than just a girl walking on a blank screen like everyone else does. so this was what I came up with.
    Movie credits @ http://www.ivysdomain.com/\

intro-1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 145K
    intro-2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 160K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

does the hair bounce too surprise

edited August 2015

Not as much as her ta-ta's do :)

Thanks for watching and the delightful comment BigH :)

bigh said:

does the hair bounce too surprise

Post edited by Ivy on
  • laughlaughlaugh ROFLMAO!!! laughlaughlaugh

laughlaughlaugh ROFLMAO!!! laughlaughlaugh

:)

edited August 2015

Playing around with some HDR scenes and IDL back lighting with Iray,.

Vacation at the Grand Canyon.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 144K
    beach1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 169K
    School Girl1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 136K
    School Girl3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 178K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited August 2015

Title:  Private Dancer

(No Post work) Daz Studio 4.8 on a windows 7 pro 64 byte machine., Genesis 2 female character G2F, a 'silver/countess" Texture map, with someone else custom body morphs I got for free at sharecg. , I rendered this using 2 Titian 980 Nivda graphic cards set at full GPU rendering with Iray, with no over clocking or CPU used.. My own custom made HDRi back ground using soft-shadow IDL back light, I reduced the f/stop by 20% & set the render quality setting  to 99% & reduced the down glossiness on the skin under the surface tab. to make the skin appear less shiny and more softer.

The reason I have started doing all these Iray renders lately with HDRi & IDL back lights, to find what settings will work best for Animation rendering, because my render times have been in the 4 to 6 minutes range pre frame which is a do-able .. but i would like to get the down to around 2 minutes with the same 1080HD quality.  I think there is some real potential here with the right tweeking.

Dance.jpg
    667 x 1080 - 42K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited August 2015

Title: Morning Unicorn

I tried applying the same technique I learned in school for Autodesk & I been following the directions  from the NVIDIA Site on using real time rendering with EVGA Titan graphic cards  this was my results.

Products used.: Mil Horse unicorn - custom Iray Shaders for Mill Horse  unicorn I did myself as experiment , Custom HDRi back ground with low IDL back light, turned the head lamp off on the default camera, and added a pale yellow to the camera  to make it look like antique .  The mane & frocks   I used the "look at my hair" program and created long hair strands and over laid them 4 times.then I applied the Daz default Iray shader to the mane and frock hairs. this crashed my system twice I almost gave on trying to use look at my hair for this.

Photoshop a yellow glow tone layer  to make it even all over -  Took 8 minutes  to render  with just the gpu's 

Best viewed full size  for 1080HD details ..

Moring Unicorn

Moring Unicorn.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 788K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited August 2015

I was playing round with different light shaders  for Iray. and a couple of these test renders actually came out very well. so I thought i share them.  it took about a hour & a half to render because of all the trees I used Andrey Pestryakov   Forest winter and applied Uber Iray shaders to the complete set up of the forest. So with nothing further to due. These are a couple of Iray renders of the character Elsa from the Disney movie Frozen.   rendered in Daz Studio 4.8 full GPU rendered - No post work

frozen1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 357K
    frozen2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 212K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • Looking good. Though I wil. say that Elsa's hair does need some texture; at least a transmap. 

edited August 2015

Looking good. Though I wil. say that Elsa's hair does need some texture; at least a transmap. 

The hair is made with the Iray shader it was intended to be totally white like it is

The hair I got is for g2f  its called Aphrodite Hair by RPublishing  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/aphrodite-hair/109837

Unfortunately I have not been able to get much in the way of G2F stuff here at daz anymore

Thank you for taking a look and the nice comment :)

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

Looking good. Though I wil. say that Elsa's hair does need some texture; at least a transmap. 

The hair is made with the Iray shader it was intended to be totally white like it is

The hair I got is for g2f  its called Aphrodite Hair by RPublishing  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/aphrodite-hair/109837

Unfortunately I have not been able to get much in the way of G2F stuff here at daz anymore

The white color isn't the problem with the hair. It's the lack of a transmap and bump map to separate it into strands and provide texture to them. The color is fine. Right now, however, it just looks like the hair is made up of ribbons of mesh, not strands of hair. 

Ivy said:

The white color isn't the problem with the hair. It's the lack of a transmap and bump map to separate it into strands and provide texture to them. The color is fine. Right now, however, it just looks like the hair is made up of ribbons of mesh, not strands of hair. 

I understand what your saying and the trans maps are applied. but I think what your seeing has more to do with the blue and white Iray Mesh lights  washing the trans map out . As I said these were 2 of the best renders out about 5

this one the hair looks bit better but I did not use it because when I aplied the Uber Iray shader to the Sky dome I forgot to also convert it to SubD so I trashed ..lol

frozen3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 219K
    Ivy said:
    Ivy said:

I understand what your saying and the trans maps are applied. but I think what your seeing has more to do with the blue and white Iray Mesh lights  washing the trans map out . As I said these were 2 of the best renders out about 5

this one the hair looks bit better but I did not use it because when I aplied the Uber Iray shader to the Sky dome I forgot to also convert it to SubD so I trashed ..lol

• That one is definitely "better", not perfect, but better. One question. Are you using an actual white/platinum blonde hair texture map in the Diffuse setting, or just the base Diffuse with no texture map at all? 

That one is definitely "better", not perfect, but better. One question. Are you using an actual white/platinum blonde hair texture map in the Diffuse setting, or just the base Diffuse with no texture map at all? 

Its the Iray white frost hair color that was included with the haior product.  the trans map is applied.even though it does not show all that well because the Iray light mesh washes out the hairs trans maps So its just a matter of playing with the light & light color to get it to render the proper way

edited August 2015

Well after some work and a little tutoring from my friend at Disney Studios  helping me understand how Nvidia  works  and how to apply it to IDL light sources and Sub-Division Mesh
    I was able to come up with some rather decent 1080 HD renders of Wall-e
    the characters are free from Drakke. http://drakelot3d.com/site/index.php/freebies/item/49-drakelot-lunch-box and the HDRi  back grounds I created myself out of some old  Free promo stock from Pixar  at Disney Interactive ( the licensees are no commercial use only) Accept for the ones I used  The Junk Alley model in
    The Light sources  I made myself,  it is a combination of  IDL, and NVDIA SubD light mesh  with the shadows set at High Scale. and I then lighten  & changed the shadow colors to light gray.    and the render quality set to 100%
    I applied the Uber Iray base shaders to the characters.
    I then shut off the head lamp within daz studio and added a extra IDL Back light  and used the Iray SS-Sun Settings  located in the Render setting  when set to Iray rendering.  this I had to play with for a while to get right,

This was rendered completely with my  Dual GTX 980 nvidia graphic cards running SLI  no cpu used at all.  no post work,  the render times varied from 11 minutes to 19 minutes   I also took some captures during the rendering  process to show that Disney quality  rendering can be done with Daz Studio.

Thanks to my friend Christopher who took the time to explain all this last night to me.  I now have a much better understanding how to create Disney/Pixar quality  Iray rendering.  which I am going to start applying these skills to my own  Animations.   starting with my next Karate Girl Adventures series
     I hope you enjoy them. I will try more renders copying Disney movie characters .

Thank you for taking a look . Free for Non-Commercial use only . Click Best viewed full size  for 1080 hd details

This the screen capture

Screen Capture

screen capture

eva- in destroyed city.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 154K
    Capture2.JPG
    1899 x 1178 - 273K
    wall-e - Axiom.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 120K
    test capture.JPG
    1919 x 1199 - 225K
    Wall-E.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Capture3.JPG
    1914 x 1162 - 428K
    A spark 1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 290K
    Post edited by Ivy on

Oh No don't eat Tokyo
    Dragon3 Created and rendered in Daz Studio - No Post work
    Best viewed full size for HD details

edited August 2015

Titled : Best day ever

My attempt to recreate another famous disney movice scene rendering with Iray   This scene is from the movie Tangles  where Rapunzel  first time she left her tower,she is over whelmed with joy. & regrett .

what do you thnk isi it close? best viewed full size for  1080HD details

Post edited by Ivy on

I thouhgt I try something different. This is a flock of Canadian geese flying south for the winter.

this is a HDR labs- HDRi Back ground with my own custom back light.   Ken Gillians  flock formation set with Daz Iray mat presets

Click for best view full size for 720 hd details

edited September 2015

Coming soon An new action animation flim I have been working on the last couple of months.

Ttitled/ Shadows of the Past. a Karate girl adventure long leanth story film, these are a few of tasty renders to tease you with

There were tons of sets used in this feature. stay tune.

monks3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 265K
    kg on the plane.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 167K
    scene29.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 131K
    suki-city.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 473K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • Waiting with bated breath