FREEBIE CHALLENGE --- September and The Leaves Are Turning

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited September 2015 in Freebies

Hi, and it looks like I am the one at helm for yet another month.

so

THE LEAVES ARE TURNING

Let's see what you can make of this one. Go on I dare you. Think outside the box.

Yes Autumn is almost upon us    but  you could sweep the normal ideas away

and find some different interpretations of the theme

Show us what you can come up with

µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ µ

Normal rules apply   

First Place: $15 store credit from DAZ3D
Second Place: $12 store credit from DAZ3D
Third Place: $8 store credit from DAZ3D

Any other donations for prizes thankfully accepted.

Skywalker 70 something  has kindly donated 2 x $5 gift cards for the HMs

Freebie Challenge Questionaire

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

Woo Hoo!  Sounds like fun!  Maybe I'll get a tiny headstart in collecting items for this... just gotta get an idea about what though!  cheeky

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Well, I guess it's time to start...

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Screwing thinking cap on extra tight...I hope I can think of something before September is over.  indecision

Screwing thinking cap on extra tight...I hope I can think of something before September is over.  indecision

I tried that before... just gave me a throbbing headache!  cheeky

I tried that before... just gave me a throbbing headache!  cheeky

*puts out really big bottle of pain killers*

Thanks for the heads up.  laugh

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Winners Posted in the August Challenge thread

edited September 2015

Chohole said:

Skywalker 70 something  ...

LOL!  You made me almost spill my coffee!  Hmm... may be I SHOULD change my forum name to Skywalker?? ...  cheeky

Post edited by Sky77 on
    edited September 2015

Her back was killing her.  Her feet were killing her.  It had been a long day spent at a charity event party she didn’t want to attend.  Her Doctor advised her against taking this trip.  She had miscarried before and needed to be careful.  She would have rather stayed home but this trip was important to her husband Findlay so being the dutiful wife Larissa joined him.  It was supposed to be a second honeymoon but, as usual, Findlay’s work was getting in the way.

At least, she hoped it was his work and not the beautiful blond that flirted with Findlay endlessly all evening. But asking Findlay about it will only result in an argument.  Something else her Doctor advised her against.  Was her husband having an affair? 

Stay tuned for this and other continuing stories on As The Leaves Turn.

Paid Items

Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs - pregnant morph

No Count Items

Genesis 2 Female - Larissa

Genesis - Findlay

Freebie Items

Room

Modern Room Bedroom

Wilmap's Assorted Textures 2 for Fabricator - silver fabric applied to curtains then colour changed in Diffuse channel to red

Larissa

Larissa - Page 13*

G2F Party Dress & Bolero *

DazStudio Satin Shaders Resource - dress*

Lorelay Hair - Page 19*

24 Poses -II_The Best of LL - Page 53*

Choker  - 14th from top

DazStudio Satin Shaders Resource 2 - blue satin applied to choker band*

Magic Sense Ring - Page 11*

LD Stockings

Findlay

Findlay for Genesis - Part 1

Findlay for Genesis - Part 2

Findlay for Genesis - Part 3 - need all 3 parts to work correctly*

Digital Babes - Koz's Messy Hair - 6th from top

Ankle Socks for Genesis 1 (DS and Poser) *

Pinstripe Suit *

M4 Victorian Vest - Part 1 of 2 - 3rd from top

M4 Victorian Vest - Part 2 of 2 - 4th from top

M4 Dress Boots - 12th from top

M4 Jewelry Pack 2 - ring right hand - 24th from top

M4 Jewelry Pack 5 - Wedding Band - 10th from top

* indicates registration is required

Only postwork was addition of signature

As The Leaves Turn.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 445K
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • Kismet, are these the stockings you used?
    http://littledragon.francemi.net/misc_01.htm

Kismet, are these the stockings you used?

Maybe.  Certainly look like they could be.

Thank you Chelle.

• Kismet, are these the stockings you used?

Maybe.  Certainly look like they could be.

Thank you Chelle.

Not a problem! laugh

Her back was killing her.  Her feet were killing her.  It had been a long day spent at a charity event party she didn’t want to attend.  Her Doctor advised her against taking this trip.  She had miscarried before and needed to be careful.  She would have rather stayed home but this trip was important to her husband Findlay so being the dutiful wife Larissa joined him.  It was supposed to be a second honeymoon but, as usual, Findlay’s work was getting in the way.

At least, she hoped it was his work and not the beautiful blond that flirted with Findlay endlessly all evening. But asking Findlay about it will only result in an argument.  Something else her Doctor advised her against.  Was her husband having an affair? 

Nice one Kismet!  laugh  You would definitely get my vote for thinking outside the box! yes

And all links Check out, Entry Accepted

Nice one Kismet!  laugh  You would definitely get my vote for thinking outside the box! yes

Thank you.  laugh

• Okay, there is nothing quite like finding that piece you were looking for to use in the previous challenge while putting together the pieces for the current challenge... *sigh*

LOL    That is certainly a different variation of Murphy's law. 

edited September 2015

Okay, there is nothing quite like finding that piece you were looking for to use in the previous challenge while putting together the pieces for the current challenge... *sigh*

I've been there... I feel your pain!!  crying  

I guess that is the "joy" of the treasure hunt!  laugh

Post edited by Sky77 on
  • I know right? I'm seriously missing my freebie database right about now... might have to put in some serious time to rebuild it.

I know right? I'm seriously missing my freebie database right about now... might have to put in some serious time to rebuild it.

If you have any pointers, throw'em my way!  I could always use some fresh ideas!  wink

• Chelle the CatChelle the Cat Posts: 239
    edited September 2015

I know right? I'm seriously missing my freebie database right about now... might have to put in some serious time to rebuild it.

If you have any pointers, throw'em my way!  I could always use some fresh ideas!  wink

LOL I had a rather extensive excel database I'd built up before, lost it when my hard drive crashed though.
    So now I'm going to try to rebuild it, maybe store it online somewhere too heh
    One thing I do is seperate things out, hair has it's own page, then each figure I use has it's own and then I have a column for what kind of file it is. For example, listing something as a character set (texture and morph) or as a morph only. Then I can sort by that column when I'm looking for something.

Post edited by Chelle the Cat on

LOL I had a rather extensive excel database I'd built up before, lost it when my hard drive crashed though.
    So now I'm going to try to rebuild it, maybe store it online somewhere too heh
    One thing I do is seperate things out, hair has it's own page, then each figure I use has it's own and then I have a column for what kind of file it is. For example, listing something as a character set (texture and morph) or as a morph only. Then I can sort by that column when I'm looking for something.

Ouch!  Hard drive crashes certainly can ruin one's month!  sad

That sounds like A LOT of work to rebuild but very useful in the end.  I thought of the trying the spread sheet idea once but got a little intimidated by the scale of the project!  surprise  I suppose if I started when I thought of it, I would have already been done by now!  As they say, how do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time!  wink

Good luck, Chelle!  laugh

• Ouch!  Hard drive crashes certainly can ruin one's month!  sad

That sounds like A LOT of work to rebuild but very useful in the end.  I thought of the trying the spread sheet idea once but got a little intimidated by the scale of the project!  surprise  I suppose if I started when I thought of it, I would have already been done by now!  As they say, how do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time!  wink

LMAO Tell me about it, it's been several months and I still haven't gotten my runtime back into shape. Every time I try to open an older render I'm reminded of another freebie that's missing. So, at least I have that as a starting point for building this back up. Should actually be easier this time around to be honest, as I'm not starting from an already jam-packed runtime and after years of installing things. The upside of the crash though, is that my runtime is MUCH cleaner that it was as I know how to install things properly now.

edited September 2015

Ouch!  Hard drive crashes certainly can ruin one's month!  sad

LMAO Tell me about it, it's been several months and I still haven't gotten my runtime back into shape. Every time I try to open an older render I'm reminded of another freebie that's missing. So, at least I have that as a starting point for building this back up. Should actually be easier this time around to be honest, as I'm not starting from an already jam-packed runtime and after years of installing things. The upside of the crash though, is that my runtime is MUCH cleaner that it was as I know how to install things properly now.

So true!  I'm sure I've got stuff installed in some lost part of my runtime that I don't even know about!  Great, now my OCD personality is going to take over and keep me wondering if I should go on a massive "content-hunt" through my disorganized runtime or if I should just intentionally wipe out my hardrive and start over too!  Thanks Chelle!  cheeky   .... Nah, fortunately my laziness (or is it my ADHD?) trumps my OCD personality everytime!  laugh

Post edited by Sky77 on
  • So true!  I'm sure I've got stuff installed in some lost part of my runtime that I don't even know about!  Great, now my OCD personality is going to take over and keep me wondering if I should go on a massive "content-hunt" through my disorganized runtime or if I should just intentionally wipe out my hardrive and start over too!  Thanks Chelle!  cheeky   .... Nah, fortunately my laziness (or is it my ADHD?) trumps my OCD personality everytime!  laugh

LMAO My ADHD doesn't always trump the OCD laugh in fact, in cases like this it never does.
    If you'd like, I could put together a blank spreadsheet for you with the layout I use. 

Nooooooo!!! You're not supposed to feed my OCD!!! cheekycheekycheeky

Actually I'd love to see how you've set up your database.  Just to make it easier, you could just PM me a screen shot of the headings.  laugh

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    Chohole said:

Modern Bedroom is not free...it costs $11.87...just saying!

edited September 2015
    Post edited by Chohole on
    music2u4u said:
    Chohole said:

Modern Bedroom is not free...it costs $11.87...just saying!

Music!!!  You alive!  laugh

more than halfway through the month,   we need more entries.   Thread is getting buried 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Chohole said:

more than halfway through the month,   we need more entries.   Thread is getting buried 

I'm working on it...but it's going very slowly...