It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I am excited by the instancing, it was truly fantastic in Bryce and I have used something similar in Vue, but for DS it's a massive boon indeed.

Which reminds me, I need trees! Kind of. I can't explain what I want and that is irritating, but I'm sure you'll see why when I'm finally finished.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,792
    edited December 1969

I must find out about this instancing.
    I guess it is like replicators in Carrara.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes it is, very much so.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

I'll have to go look at it. I didn't get an ebot, as per usual lately. I'm normally good for 40-60 a day but the last 4 days I'm lucky if I get 10-20 a day.

edited September 2012

Animate playing funny buggers undockrd in DS4.5
    keeps obscuring my aniblock popup
    can drag it away but it (the popup)vanishes when I go to click on it mosly and pops up behind again whever I shift it.

Untitled.jpg
    639 x 407 - 76K
    Untitled1.jpg
    1277 x 298 - 102K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

my crazy studio workspace
    I can do open gl renders with the unobscured viewport open on my second monitor this way and do stuff on my main one!
    I minimise tabs I am not using

Untitled.jpg
    2000 x 562 - 407K
    edited December 1969

DEAR GOD WOMAN!! Cluttered interface be thy name.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

ye dogz and little fishes, I could never wotk with that. :roll:

edited December 1969

I'll never take pepto again, I think I have pink and yurpel overload now.

edited December 1969

as I said, I minimise the tabs I am not using, just got them all open for the image, mostly only one or two open!

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kids are overated anyway. You have more funwith the grandkids, cos you can hand them back when they get to be too much.

I used to believe this, Cho. I still think kids are overrated. I still have fun with my 2 youngest grandkids, but their living with me changes things, handing them back to their mom doesn't work very well when she's in the next room. When the other 5 were younger and still visiting with us, we would have a great time, they would go home, and we would fall on our respective beds and pass out for several hours.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Ye gods and little catfish, Wendy! What are you trying to do to me? Here I am, ready to shut down and go to bed, and up pops your workspace. I can't go to bed now--I'll have nightmares for weeks. What if mine looks like that the next time I open it? Oh sweet baby Jesus, don't let it happen to my Studio. I can only handle one thing at a time.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

someone call for the dogz?! This little guy gets so little promotion but iz so cute!

btw - the latest flash update made mention of detecting a 32 bit browser? I'm on 64 bit ... apparently by default W7 64bit will go with a 32 bit browser.

Don't know yet if this is going to be an improvement but in digging around some found that Firefox now has a 64bit browser called .... are you ready? "Waterfox"

But don't install the AVG search bar thing 'cause that only works on 32bit browser [so why they offer it on the 64bit I dunno]

http://waterfoxproject.org/

Cheers

dogz.png
    786 x 797 - 1M
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I'm going to break the mould here and say... Wendy, I love the workspace. I have a similar method of minimising/maximising as I go along, but my colours are standard because I find that if I make a newly coloured workspace it distorts the appearance of my work as I do it.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

OH MY GOSH! Turbosquid has a model of my top favorite video game character for FREE!

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/squall-final-fantasy-3d-model/408655

The bad news is, it's for 3DS Max. :(

edited December 1969

Can't Hexagon load 3ds files? I've never checked but if it can you could then save as obj and load it into DS.

Just stinking thinking.

edited December 1969

No, only 3dMax can load max files. :-(

edited December 1969

Hmm... What about Blender?

edited December 1969

Well, they have free file conversions, but they want a program to test it in. Thing is, they don't support DAZ software so they won't convert it. That's a loss.

edited December 1969

If they convert to OBJECT just enter one of those. DS will use obj just fine.

edited December 1969

I think the free conversions deal is for the purchased files only. And while our programs import .obj files; not all conversions to .obj work well in them so it's a gamble as to whether or not purchase is worth the chance.

edited September 2012

it does not say that, the free conversion comment is on the same page as the model.
    edit, clicking on it, I see it does, sorry
    it is just a model, not rigged, you would have to rig it, easy for me in Carrara to use in iClone particulary but personally looking at it, I would say it would be just as easy to look for similar clothes and hair in your Daz products and do a bit of face morphing, the same artist has obj models of other characters you can look at to see if it is worth bothering paying perhaps or contacting the artist to get this one converted.
    how hard can finding or making virtual clothes be? this guy did in real life!

squall-cosplay1.jpeg
    455 x 526 - 37K
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I thought of that as well. I doin't have much for M4, but I have the old Stylin outfit from DAZ which might do for the topwiuth some texturing. I'm not good at face morphiung...and if only I had faceGen...

edited December 1969

Damn, tried yet again to log into Turbosquid, the 3 main casual passwords I use do not work and I am pretty sure I did not use my stronger two.
    they do not send me an email for forgotten password or username though I requested one YET again.
    rejoin yet again, and I have done it before, with a new username and password my only other option.
    this is why I rarely use turbosquid, dunno what on earth I did as I can sign into most things, might try again with my main strong password but I try not to throw it around too much, mostly just for gmail and Google, have another just for paypal and yet another for Daz those 2 I have never used elsewhere.
    my other strong password is for hotmail and yahoo, both got hacked on an old one so I never use them now.
    only use that one in emergencies as I am unsure even though it is a later one, how they got into my accounts and may be able to learn it.

edited December 1969

maybe they have a set number of login attempts before you have to wait, like, 15 minutes to try again?

edited December 1969

well I downloaded Zack (under my NEW account!!) and the obj is untextured with no mtl file
    I got textures with the MAx versions which of course I cannot use the model but the uv's are incorrect for them
    he has dds image files too like I get with 3dRipper dx which makes me suspect he ripped it from the game like I did the San Andreas characters so not syre you would really want that model anyway, you CAN just use 3d Ripper dx on the game yourself, prob more "legal" so long as you do no redistribute the mesh and only do fan art.
    I can tell you how I got the models and textures to work from GTA San Andreas in studio step by step if you are interested, quite a bit involved, but as I said, limited to personal use pretty much so imitation using Daz figures prob a better path and then only fan art too.

edited December 1969

Have you seen the Dead Fantasy videos on youtube? I wonder if Monty Quinn 3D ripped all those characters from the game.

I might try 3D Ripper, but I have yet to see how pricey it is...

edited December 1969

Oh, it looks free, but when I click on the download link it says "Forbidden. You don't have permission. Buyzz off and have a nice day."

I'm a loser today, ey?

edited December 1969

I finally got the maps right on Zack in Carrara, after A LOT of stuffing around, converted the dds ones to jpg with irfanview

Doc3.png
    800 x 800 - 134K
    edited September 2012

3d ripper dx for the file
    the site http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm, above is the earlier version, latest 404 not found error, sounds like Daz!!!

This discussion has been closed.