Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

It make take a while, but as yet I have to say I am not a fan of the new forums

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited July 2015

May I suggest to find a better place for the >" Quote<-Button. It looks like it is part of the signature. no

Is it really necassary to see if a post was edited? Some forums have somekind of a time spread before this information gets added. Lets say you can edit a post in the first 10 Minutes after pressing the >Post Comment<-Button. As a non-native English Speaker I have to edit my posts most of the time, just give me a few minutes to recognize how bad my English really is. :-)

For an artist community it is essential to express our feelings, that means we need more Smiley variations. wink

Post edited by MN-150374 on
  • tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
    edited July 2015
    SimonJM said:

It make take a while, but as yet I have to say I am not a fan of the new forums

Agreed. Not only does it look horrible, but its also much less user-friendly in my eyes. I didn't need a FAQ on how to use the old forum, it was simple and I just dove right in. Now it just feels like a mess.

Could Daz please make it more obvious what part of a post is the signature and what is the actual content? My old eyes aren't up this!

Or failing that, roll back to the old forum format wink

Post edited by tl155180 on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2015

People's signatures look like advertising or regular post content. They may want to rethink that styling.

I will probably have to reduce the font size when browsing the forum to get any reasonable amount of information on the screen. Right now two paragraphs fill up the entire screen :/

anyone else stuck in an infinite loop of signing in? I can't even edit my posts sometimes or click links on the first half of the page because the sign in window keeps coming back up. I have to do all sorts of magic to trick it into stopping. (like forcing the page to stop reloading several times, switching tabs and all sorts of foolery)

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • XadeXade Posts: 236

How about the search? After checking the search only checks the store, not the forums. We need a search funtion to prevent cluttering up forums with new "help me O-forumite-kenobis, you are my only hope!" threads. I wanted to know how to change the viewport color, since the new update borked it in the viewport menu. I've looked but havent found it.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

If this was supposed to work better with mobile devices and tablets, it's not... I suppose it will be months before anything works well again.

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    Chohole said:
    Cayman said:

I also notice from its properties tab that Chohole's signature image has been uploaded into the forum rather than being an external URL link.  Is this a facility which the rest of us will get eventually

I attached the image as a post, then viewed the image info by right clicking on it and then used that to add my banner image

Best way possibly would be to do that in one of the OT threads

Clever!  OK, done, and thanks.  But I still think we ought to be able to load this directly. 

I switched my store theme to dark as I saw someone mention and the forum looks more tolerable now. But the harsh white and blue on the grey isn't that grand either, but somehow more bearable. That and I scaled the fonts down about 3 sizes so I can see more posts on the screen.

• XadeXade Posts: 236

I tend to mix up the themes for the Daz sites, depends on my mood. But recently ive been using and liking the dark more often, guess there's a reason for that now :P

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,783

Spellcheck does not work in Firefox 38...

Jeebuzz Crisps this is annoying... If I look at a thread once, any further visits automatically take me to the last, most recent page... 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786

Jeebuzz Crisps this is annoying... If I look at a thread once, any further visits automatically take me to the last, most recent page... 

maybe if not logged in it won't

it assumes you read the rest 

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited July 2015

@SimonJM , @MEC4D , @AlexLO ,   testing out names tags I wonder if the persons got notifications #I hope it works ;)

and guys add horizontal line above your signature or banner  it will separate and shift it from your post more clearly 

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    mjc1016 said:
    Ivy said:

I'm a little disppointed the animation forums are gone , but I think I have most of my Profile fixed back to the way it was or close as i could get it

Try a new line after your image or something, it's wrapping strangely...

mjc1016 said:
    Ivy said:

I'm a little disppointed the animation forums are gone , but I think I have most of my Profile fixed back to the way it was or close as i could get it

Try a new line after your image or something, it's wrapping strangely...

That look better? the picture sig was set as  60% of the pixal size instead of actual size :)

@Mec4D that is a useful temporary fix. The web designers should style things better on their end however so hopefully they will one day...

Am I the only one who suffers from the infinite loop where it keeps trying to log me in even though I am logged in? My guess is other people with the same problem just give up and aren't here because I could see how many would not figure out how to get it to stop. But each time I go to a new page the infinite logging in resumes and is a chore.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but (at least on my iPad) in landscape view there is no EDIT icon... Even if zoomed out.

The edit icon will only appear in portrait view.

I don't use portrait view and would not have noticed that had I not accidentally tilted the screen...

Fumbling with the device  (or rotating the screen back and forth) screws up the whole screen, leaving artifacts of other posts, avatars, banners and headers in odd places.

edited July 2015

maybe if not logged in it won't

it assumes you read the rest 

No, I'm logged in... I meant if I visit a thread (while logged in) it starts at page one... If go back to the commons, read another thread, the go back to the first thread, it takes me to page (let's say) 100...

It's not life threatening, but slightly annoying.

EDITED TO ADD.... Jaguar Ella?.... Wendy?... That's you right?

Post edited by McGyver on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,574

People's signatures look like advertising or regular post content. They may want to rethink that styling.

I will probably have to reduce the font size when browsing the forum to get any reasonable amount of information on the screen. Right now two paragraphs fill up the entire screen :/

anyone else stuck in an infinite loop of signing in? I can't even edit my posts sometimes or click links on the first half of the page because the sign in window keeps coming back up. I have to do all sorts of magic to trick it into stopping. (like forcing the page to stop reloading several times, switching tabs and all sorts of foolery)

I agree. I've seen some signature banners that are over 1000 pixels wide and almost 100 pixels tall. Seems like the commercial tag should just be done away with if signatures are allowed to be so huge and include multiple links to external websites. I also would like to adjust the font size and other styling (spacing between lines & paragraphs, etc.) because it is absolutely huge when not viewed on a phone.

- Greg

edited July 2015

If you don't like it set it under your preferences and no more signatures or banners for you .. the choice is yours don't need to complain about  and btw 100 pixels tall is allowed , the mobile website does not include signatures at all .

links to external websites was always here  before for the last 12 years so nothing new .. 

I agree. I've seen some signature banners that are over 1000 pixels wide and almost 100 pixels tall. Seems like the commercial tag should just be done away with if signatures are allowed to be so huge and include multiple links to external websites. I also would like to adjust the font size and other styling (spacing between lines & paragraphs, etc.) because it is absolutely huge when not viewed on a phone.

- Greg

Post edited by MEC4D on

I was not happy with the way the signatures was set up in the first place as it merged too much with the posts so you don't know if that is a part of the post or signature , but the horizontal line shifted it bellow the post . Also I don't have issues with the log in , you may try to clean up the browser cookies ..it always help me before when I had this issue  

@Mec4D that is a useful temporary fix. The web designers should style things better on their end however so hopefully they will one day...

Am I the only one who suffers from the infinite loop where it keeps trying to log me in even though I am logged in? My guess is other people with the same problem just give up and aren't here because I could see how many would not figure out how to get it to stop. But each time I go to a new page the infinite logging in resumes and is a chore.

edited July 2015

I don't have any cookies or cache.(multiple browsers, and incognito mode) Something is wrong with my account.

If I stop the reloads sometimes I see the error "unable to load recent personalized data. Cart contents, product ownership and account information may be incorrect."

Someone fix my account! It probably looks like I'm a haxxor because I log in hundreds of times a minute :( I only have about a 30% chance of stopping the loading at the right time where enough data is loaded to let me post. If i stop it too soon the forum functionality isn't loaded, if I wait too long the page reloads.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on

Really weird ! also when I clicked to see your reply from my mail box it show , no thread found ..but works with others , it may be some glitch with your account  

I don't have any cookies or cache.(multiple browsers, and incognito mode) Something is wrong with my account.

If I stop the reloads sometimes I see the error "unable to load recent personalized data. Cart contents, product ownership and account information may be incorrect."

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,574

I understand that it is currently allowed - I was simply expressing my opinion (as others have) that perhaps a change in policy might be considered.

And BTW, I did not mention you specifically in my post, and my opinion (and others' opinions) are allowed, too.

- Greg

MEC4D said:

If you don't like it set it under your preferences and no more signatures or banners for you .. the choice is yours don't need to complain about  and btw 100 pixels tall is allowed , the mobile website does not include signatures at all .

links to external websites was always here  before for the last 12 years so nothing new .. 

- Greg

edited July 2015

Forget this, its a stupid issue... I just discovered you have to have your cursor ON your actual post to see the EDIT icon... 

Whatever... But it works.

Post edited by McGyver on

after some serious effort I was able to disable signatures. Kinda sad to do but at same time the pages look a bit cleaner and more focused. I'm glad that is an option for us now. Particularly because I find there is already too much wasted space with the current layout.

When the dazzlers get back into the office they should fix my account, cause they can't scare me away this easy. This is their weakest attempt yet to thwart my plans for forum domination.

edited July 2015

I was talking in general no problem .. the fact that you can disable the signatures yourself don't really need the policy to be changed it is personal choice I guess nice one to have , the forum layout is big and take a lot of space and everything is huge in general, and btw we still need to make money so you can enjoy the forums and the rest for free ;) 

I understand that it is currently allowed - I was simply expressing my opinion (as others have) that perhaps a change in policy might be considered.

And BTW, I did not mention you specifically in my post, and my opinion (and others' opinions) are allowed, too.

- Greg

MEC4D said:

- Greg

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited July 2015
    MEC4D said:

@SimonJM , @MEC4D , @AlexLO ,   testing out names tags I wonder if the persons got notifications #I hope it works ;)

and guys add horizontal line above your signature or banner  it will separate and shift it from your post more clearly 

I got a notification, so that works.  I only spotted it, however, as I clicked on the little gear icon to look at new threads (or recent discussions or whatever they are called!)

<edit>

I probably should use your name, too, Cath ... @MEC4D

Post edited by SimonJM on

@SimonJM yeah it worked  

"SimonJM mentioned you in Using the New Forums (In Progress)"
    SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

I got a notification, so that works.  I only spotted it, however, as I clicked on the little gear icon to look at new threads (or recent discussions or whatever they are called!)

<edit>

I probably should use your name, too, Cath ... @MEC4D

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

Is there a way to actually read the comment when I subscribe to at thread without clicking on the hyperlink? There are times when I can't go to DAZ forums because the site is NSFW.

The old notifications, at least gave me a hint of what people were saying. These notifications aren't helpful, or am I subscribing wrongly?

"ProfessorX  commented on Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/856814#Comment_856814

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    Rottenham said:
    DAZ_Jon said:
    Rottenham said:

I assume you knew before implementing the new system that it would decimate the existing bookmarks.  Am I right?

Yup, we knew. It was one of a number of things we put on the backburner for initial implementation and launch. As with any project, some things dont make it or get cut or just not prioritized over others. And waiting to get all the things that we would like to have done to go live with something means nothing ever gets rolled out. The whole "perfection is the enemy of progress," or "one step bac two steps forwards" or something about breaking eggs and making omelets things.

When DAZ made the decision - right or wrong - to forego traditional user manuals, the forum became crucial.  Now it seems you have knowingly undermined the forum's value.  I doubt that DAZ realizes the damage they've done.  This is unfortunate.

I doubt DAZ cares -- their unspoken-yet-obvious additude towards those complaining about their latest "new and exciting!" stunt is so often "good riddance!"