Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

no new forum format

wheres the spelling checker

wheres my email if some one post comment

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    Eva1 said:

- Avatar Picture - can we have the option not to have an avatar picture, as you could in the old forum?

I've just uploaded my "avatar" as a 100 x 1 pixel transparent PNG.  Seems to work!  devil 

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

any suggestions for image webhosting?, it appears that the new forum does not permit to upload images anymore, and some tips about post images auto resized or thumbnail are welcome.

http://imgur.com/

• edited July 2015

Yeah... I'm definitely not "feeling it" here. But that said, the truth of the matter is that humans do not like change. We never have. Another truth is that we will get used to it whether we like it or not. So, basically, back to square one. Again.

For the record, I really dislike needing to supply an image link to every image I want to display. If those images are ever removed from the source, then anyone who looks at the thread after that removal is going to be missing the images when they view the posts. But I also figure Daz just didn't want to be bothered with the bandwidth associated with the images anymore, too.

That's fine. Just another "change" that we don't like but will get used to.

I don't think the format is horrible. I definitely see functionality improvements over the previous software. But it's going to take some getting used to. The initial knee-jerk reaction for me is usually "ARGH" rather than "kill it, kill it with fire", especially when the format change is so blasted drastic. But it's not bad all things considered. Just new, different... will take time to stomach.

Will there be a dark colored theme option that we can choose to use? I am extremely photosensitive, and the bright whites and greys on this actually cause me headaches. It's one of the reasons I all but stopped participating completely on the previous forum software. It's not worth it to give myself constant headaches.

~ Seliah

Post edited by Seliah (Childe of Fyre) on
    edited July 2015

I have seen screenshots of others who obviously have a dark style - I think it depends what you have set for the store.

(in the store - click on the "dot on a hump" (your personation) and Switch theme)

Post edited by Kerya on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited July 2015
    Stezza said:

well... this was a surprise to wake up to.. ;-)

Not really - when I saw the forum was down for maintenance, my first thought was they were finally updating it, as promised long ago. ;-)

Post edited by Taoz on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

For those with existing bookmarks  Take the URL and swap 'discussion' for 'viewthread' and it should 'fix' the broken link.

bigh said:

no new forum format

Spell checker, click on the icon with abc and a tick

Bookmark a thread if you want to get notifications

if you want to edit the way you get notificaion click on your name and then edit profile using the gear icon

edited July 2015

How do I delete messages from my inbox?

How do I add the place where I am? (Like Chohole's Penywern, Cymru)

Post edited by Kerya on
  • his xhis x Posts: 866
    edited July 2015
    Chohole said:

For those with existing bookmarks  Take the URL and swap 'discussion' for 'viewthread' and it should 'fix' the broken link.

Wow!  That is surprisingly simple!  (and it works)  Jon suggested fixing the broken links was near impossible!  He talked about "breaking eggs."  Who would guess it was this easy.  Ha!

Thanks.  I can edit my bookmarks now.

When Marketing is allowed to hold sway over Engineering issues, the results are usually less than ideal.

Post edited by his x on
  • XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    edited July 2015
    Cayman said:
    Eva1 said:

- Avatar Picture - can we have the option not to have an avatar picture, as you could in the old forum?

I've just uploaded my "avatar" as a 100 x 1 pixel transparent PNG.  Seems to work!  devil 

yes

ahh thank you for the tip, thought I was going to create something  to replacethat default one, I'm going to try that right after I press Post Comment wink

ETA: thought I just create a replacement  for now, my save didn't comeout like I hoped .. see that's why I never do post work

Post edited by XaatXuun on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

The Spell Checker is on the toolbar above the Leave a Comment window, ABC with a tick mark.   Doesn't do much for me, SCAYT doesn't seem to work at all.

If you hover your mouse over the end of the title thread at the top of the page, you should see an (almost invisible) star, click on it and it turns orange, you are now subscribed to the thread. 

bigh said:

no new forum format

I am also getting a 'Page not Found' when I click on a link from any post notifications I receive?

Has that been mentioned already?

edited July 2015

LOL I just noticed, I need to fix my name,  wonder how XaatXuun was replaced with something I started surprise

ETA: I can't where I can change my Forum name blush

LOL I just noticed, I need to fix my name,  wonder how XaatXuun was replaced with something I started surprise

https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/

I am also getting a 'Page not Found' when I click on a link from any post notifications I receive?

Post notifications from the "old" forum?

Take the URL and swap 'discussion' for 'viewthread' and it should 'fix' the broken link.

Post notifications from the "new" forum?

Copy and paste the full link - the links in the emails have a line break somewhere (not always in the same place).

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,039

The Spell Checker is web based so takes a while to load. SCAYT works but takes a moment or two because it also uses the web based checker frown

The Spell Checker is on the toolbar above the Leave a Comment window, ABC with a tick mark.   Doesn't do much for me, SCAYT doesn't seem to work at all.

If you hover your mouse over the end of the title thread at the top of the page, you should see an (almost invisible) star, click on it and it turns orange, you are now subscribed to the thread. 

bigh said:

no new forum format

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    Kerya said:

How do I add the place where I am? (Like Chohole's Penywern, Cymru)

I also notice from its properties tab that Chohole's signature image has been uploaded into the forum rather than being an external URL link.  Is this a facility which the rest of us will get eventually? 

Thanks Kerya

I hadn't noticed that the URL continued on the next line, loads of notifications, but they are not much use really.   Hoepfully it will get fixed soon too wink 

Kerya said:

Post notifications from the "old" forum?

Take the URL and swap 'discussion' for 'viewthread' and it should 'fix' the broken link.

Post notifications from the "new" forum?

Copy and paste the full link - the links in the emails have a line break somewhere (not always in the same place).

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714

For the record, I really dislike needing to supply an image link to every image I want to display. If those images are ever removed from the source, then anyone who looks at the thread after that removal is going to be missing the images when they view the posts. But I also figure Daz just didn't want to be bothered with the bandwidth associated with the images anymore, too.

You can add pictures, quote:

"Below the text box is the Attach a file link - click to show a Browse button, click that to locate and select a file. The file, which may be a n image, a zip or a number of DS formats, will upload and an icon will appear. Once the upload is complete you can attach a second file. Hovering over an attached file will show its name, size and a Delete link."

Let's test it:

edited July 2015
    Kerya said:

https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/

Kerya said:

Found it, thanks, had been there already, just didn't noticed it, even though I was looking right at it

may take me a few tries, till I get this new  quote thing down

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

still suffering from the infinite loop login issue.

Also the new forum format isn't good for information. Less info per page is bad.

Breaking exisiting forum links yet again...is bad practice and seems intentional because you have done it two times in a row now. The last time you changed the forums you promised not to do that and even told us how you were going to avoid it, but when the time came you went ahead and killed our old info.  Congratz on sabotaging information sharing yet again.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Rottenham said:

Wow!  That is surprisingly simple!  (and it works)  Jon suggested fixing the broken links was near impossible!  He talked about "breaking eggs."  Who would guess it was this easy.  Ha!

Yes, that was before they noticed that the new threads used the same kind of links, and most importantly the same ID, as the old ones. If they had to map thread ID between old and new forums that would have been way more complicated.

Leana said:

Yes, that was before they noticed that the new threads used the same kind of links, and most importantly the same ID, as the old ones. If they had to map thread ID between old and new forums that would have been way more complicated.

Yes...before they noticed.
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,757

please add pages to the headline as in the older forum. I'd like to have a quick jump to the latest post. right now it's "clicking the thread head line, scrolling down to the bottom of the page, clicking the latest page, scrolling down to the latest page." Way to many clicks. The older forum was more user friendley.

• edited July 2015

Taozen -

Thanks! For some reason I hadn't seen the attach file link before. My bad. :)

Kerya -

Thank you so much! I can actually view the forums without straining or sunglasses! LOL First time in a long time! 

Post edited by Seliah (Childe of Fyre) on

If DAZ put half the time and effort into documentation that they are putting into the Feng Shui of this forum, you could learn in three months what now takes a year.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

How can I change my location.  Right now I say I am somewhere near a bathroom I hope. 

edited July 2015
    Cayman said:

I also notice from its properties tab that Chohole's signature image has been uploaded into the forum rather than being an external URL link.  Is this a facility which the rest of us will get eventually

I attached the image as a post, then viewed the image info by right clicking on it and then used that to add my banner image

Best way possibly would be to do that in one of the OT threads

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508

Much clearer to read yes thanks