Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

How do I edit old posts?

How can I update my old linklist threads?

Do I start new threads?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    Kerya said:

Is there a forum search?

At the top of each page of the thread, where the title is in large font, to the right there is a star.  Click on it and it will turn orange (at least on my computer) to indicate that it has been bookmarked.

Dana

Actually, Kerya, my reply was about the bookmark star.  I don't know if there is a Forum Search...I haven't found it.

Dana

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Kerya said:

How do I edit old posts?

Do I start new threads?

I have the same question...new posts are editable, old ones aren't.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645

Comment for Ann

DollyGirl said:

Comment for Ann

Commenting on what?

LOL

Sorry, gallows humour - I am a bit desperate at the moment ...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    scatha said:

Great, all my thread subscriptions gone... and figuring out how to set up new ones is a nightmare. Just bloody wonderful...

lmao, seriously... a word filter?

...yeah noticed that. Also picks on mild UK slang as well making it look like I actually did say something naughty when I didn't.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited July 2015

All I see is a mess can't find anthing the new layout doesn't make me feel like looking .

PS hate the silly avatar its chosen for me

Post edited by scorpio on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

when I revisit the forum after a lapsed amount of time it automatically logs me out and tells me it is doing it as well..

friggin hit with a cricket bat soon!

then I have to log back in no

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

looks like a McPizza lol devil

scorpio said:

All I see is a mess can't find anthing the new layout doesn't make me feel like looking .

PS hate the silly avatar its chosen for me

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504

Well, this is going to take some getting used to, to say the least.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited July 2015
    mjc1016 said:

So...let's see...

Another forum software change that trashes most, if not all the old links to all the previous information.  New software that may not have the 'problems' of the old...but unlike the last time  SURPRISE!!!

A little warning would have been nice.

Hey, at least there's still no inline graphics, no in thread search, the page doesn't jump you to the comment box when you click "quote", no multi quoting, and you have to click a red indent bar in a quoted post to not be included in the post.

BUT, you don't have to enter into full edit mode to add a file, so progress ?

EDIT: Ah, you can multi quote..it''s awkward, but doable.

EDIT 2: but no cancel if you decide you don't want to leave a comment..just Post or Save.

Post edited by Scavenger on
  • SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971

When I googled Daz Studio Forum, then clicked the link, it took me to an AVG search page (AVG is my antivirus software) and I could only get here through that. Just thought you should know.

I've nothing against change, but I couldn't see anything wrong with the old forum myself.

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971

How do I change my user name in edit profile?

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2015

- Search A big thing I see missing is the Search function (essential to any forum!). Is this comming? If so (or not) could something about it please be put in the original thread post - save people having to trawl through pages and pages to find out , or like me, posting about it.

- Readability I can't say I like the look so far. I'm not finding it easy on the eye to scroll through posts and pick out information, as I could in the old style forum. I think maybe there needs to be more delineation between the posts, quotes and signatures. Maybe it looks great on phones and tablets, but I'm using a laptop and PC.

- Avatar Picture - can we have the option not to have an avatar picture, as you could in the old forum?

Post edited by Eva1 on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited July 2015

I'd post a link that would take you straight to the post that tells you, but can't do that anymore in this forum :( So go to the very first post in this thread, and Ann has instructions in there.  

How do I change my user name in edit profile?

edit; well apparently you can, you have to click on the TIME of the particular post - yep, that's intuitive. 

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/58890/using-the-new-forums-in-progress-please-post-questions-and-issues-here

edit: well, nope again. That didn't work at all. 

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    Kerya said:

How do I edit old posts?

Do I start new threads?

There is a small black gear on your post, when clicked will allow you to edit your post in WYSIWYG or html.

Problem is, after you edit, you can't save your changes, you get a "verify format" error. no

I hope they fix this soon! (not DAZ soon!).cheeky

Dang... Having to use html instead of babcode in my posts will be a pain for a while. crying

• LimunLimun Posts: 182

Can we have something like this (see image - red circle) to know what is new on forum main page

also please put preview post in thread

Thanks

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

So here's my next question: 

How do i delete all those notifications when i click on "notifications" up there?

And another question: WHY am I not seeing new notifications? There's been replies posted in a few threads I'm following, and NOT ONE of them are showing up in "notificiations". I've turned off email and pop ups because I was sick of seeing my email inbox explode, and those silly popups were multiplying horrendously when I was on the forum. So why aren't new ones showing in that notifications area?

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited July 2015

Old post can't be edited.

Post edited by [email protected] on
    Scavenger said:
    mjc1016 said:

So...let's see...

Another forum software change that trashes most, if not all the old links to all the previous information.  New software that may not have the 'problems' of the old...but unlike the last time  SURPRISE!!!

A little warning would have been nice.

Hey, at least there's still no inline graphics, no in thread search, the page doesn't jump you to the comment box when you click "quote", no multi quoting, and you have to click a red indent bar in a quoted post to not be included in the post.

I just quote, click the cursor into the end of the quote, press the Enter key twice and I'm out of the quote...no bloody red lines.  In fact...where are those red lines?  I haven't seen them.  Maybe I should be glad.

Dana

Are you sure you are following the threads? Bookmarked them? I had some where I responded to that didn't get an orange star just by responding.

Else - I do have notifications for new responses in my "Notifications", maybe it takes a moment or two (or minutes, or hours - LOL) for you too?

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

any suggestions for image webhosting?, it appears that the new forum does not permit to upload images anymore, and some tips about post images auto resized or thumbnail are welcome.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

wheres the animation forum

any suggestions for image webhosting?, it appears that the new forum does not permit to upload images anymore, and some tips about post images auto resized or thumbnail are welcome.

Yes, it does.  Under the edit box, there is a link that says, "Attach a file".  Click on that.  Then click on the Browse button that appears.  But really...click then click again?  Carpel tunnel, and wearing out the mouse buttons quicker!  frown 

Dana

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    DanaTA said:

Yes, it does.  Under the edit box, there is a link that says, "Attach a file".  Click on that.  Then click on the Browse button that appears.  But really...click then click again?  Carpel tunnel, and wearing out the mouse buttons quicker!  frown 

Dana

carpel tunnel and wearing out the mb, add the alcoholism and the overrated sex encounters...I will survive.

btw, thanks for the tip!

• LimunLimun Posts: 182

Test

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

I don't like this new layout!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Wilmap said:

I don't like this new layout!

I have to say, it's not my favorite but it's kind of growing on me.

DanaTA said:

Dana

carpel tunnel and wearing out the mb, add the alcoholism and the overrated sex encounters...I will survive.

btw, thanks for the tip!

You're welcome!  smiley

Dana