Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    carrie58 said:

Ann I do have a question as a PC member ,ummm is the members only forum gone or is it just that I can't find it???

Its still there..let me check your account for you :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Ivy said:

I'm a little disppointed the animation forums are gone , but I think I have most of my Profile fixed back to the way it was or close as i could get it

Try a new line after your image or something, it's wrapping strangely...

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited July 2015

Great, all my thread subscriptions gone... and figuring out how to set up new ones is a nightmare. Just bloody wonderful...

lmao, seriously... a word filter?

Post edited by scatha on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

How will we get Jack's postings of Platinum Club news, without the special Platinum Club Forum that we are supposed to have access to as one of our club perks? I don't see it in the list of forums.

And why is Platinum Club displayed under my avatar in the forum anyway? It seems like a waste of space, and nobody's business anyway whether I've paid for Platinum Club.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    barbult said:

How will we get Jack's postings of Platinum Club news, without the special Platinum Club Forum that we are supposed to have access to as one of our club perks? I don't see it in the list of forums.

And why is Platinum Club displayed under my avatar in the forum anyway? It seems like a waste of space, and nobody's business anyway whether I've paid for Platinum Club.

Platinum Club threads are here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/platinum-club-members-only

Dana

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    carrie58 said:

Ann I do have a question as a PC member ,ummm is the members only forum gone or is it just that I can't find it???

Permissions are fine so try checking again. Go back to the main top level forums. The forum does have a new name so that coule be why you missed it. If you still can't find it, message me and Ill give you a print screen of where it is located :)

It would be nice if we could provide text for a link as well as the URL.  Long URLs can quickly become cumbersome.  I bet they might even break the forum formatting and run off the right side!   laugh 

Dana

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    DanaTA said:
    barbult said:

Platinum Club threads are here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/platinum-club-members-only

Dana

Thanks, the new forum organization threw me off. I was stuck under the General category. Your link opened my eyes to many more forums I was missing. laugh

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

All topics should display a "last post" time stamp in a clear consistent format and location that does not depend on any contexts.

Agreed — I've only been browsing here for a few hours, and already it's a bit tricky to run back through the most-recently-added-to threads only as far back as the last thread I read.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    Ippotamus said:

Well, I give up.  Without my old forum links I am dead in the water.  Literally years of collecting information, settings, tips, tricks, and helpful information now lost in a sea of information.

Really, a heads up before would have been so nice.  I could have spent an hour or two copying and pasting the essentials into somekind of text format.

Just ... ...

If you use Firefox, there are a number of add-ons that let you copy multiple tabs simultaneously.  I used to use the PDF to Print , but switched to the Mozilla Archive Format and Multi-Links extensions, as they save in a format that can be read in Firefox itself. A LOT faster than cutting and pasting. 

barbult said:
    DanaTA said:
    barbult said:

Dana

Thanks, the new forum organization threw me off. I was stuck under the General category. Your link opened my eyes to many more forums I was missing. laugh

You're quite welcome!  smiley 

Dana

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Use attach file at the bottom for files you wish to upload smiley

When attaching images, the displayed thumbnails are much too small (yes I know that clicking on them will enlarge them).

Can the forum's default thumbnail size be increased to match the old forum's size? I remember that the old forum's image size was adjustable.

I, and others, I'm sure, would like an answer to this question. The small thumbnail is not appropriate for a graphic arts forum.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553

I really want to find old forum posts. Is there a way to view the old forums via search?

Also, I'm getting no notifications of messages at all.

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,474

Not getting any here either

I really want to find old forum posts. Is there a way to view the old forums via search?

• LimunLimun Posts: 182

I like it 

Finaly i got target _blank smiley

Test

I cant see preview post in Leave a Comment

You might not like the alternative.  I just got a dozen emails for just this thread!  Use the big gear in the upper right corner, click on My Bookmarks and it will show you each bookmarked thread and if there are new messages.  I am considering turning off email notifications.  Talk about super spam!  cheeky 

Dana

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

For now you can use Google search. The link will give you a Page Not Found error. Replace the word /viewthread/ in the URL with /discussion/ or /viewreply/ in the URL with /discussion/comment/ and it will take you to the page. 

Example: change http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/8287/ to http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8287/

or

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/798855/ http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/798855/

DanaTA said:

You might not like the alternative.  I just got a dozen emails for just this thread!  Use the big gear in the upper right corner, click on My Bookmarks and it will show you each bookmarked thread and if there are new messages.  I am considering turning off email notifications.  Talk about super spam!  cheeky 

Dana

Yeah, this is crazy.  And unfortunately, it's only THIS thread that's spamming.  Other threads that I've posted in since the changeover either aren't sending notifications, of if they have, they're buried somewhere in the pile of DAZpam.  

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited July 2015

So far, so good for me. Loving the dark theme! It's so much easier to read for me. My eyes thank you! And I can finally read the forums on my phone now, so well done! 

I turned off email notifications until it gets fixed but it's easy enough to see if there are new posts in threads.

As has been said, attachments need to be bigger, but I figure that will come as DAZ does its tweaks. :)

Happy camper here yes smiley

Post edited by SassyWench on
    scatha said:

Great, all my thread subscriptions gone... and figuring out how to set up new ones is a nightmare. Just bloody wonderful...

And the best part is that they decided to do this during the busiest travel time of the year.  I'm heading to Comiccon tomorrow and my phone's going to be swamped with notifications unless they either get this mess sorted out, pronto, or I just stop getting emails from DAZ. 

scatha said:

And the best part is that they decided to do this during the busiest travel time of the year.  I'm heading to Comiccon tomorrow and my phone's going to be swamped with notifications unless they either get this mess sorted out, pronto, or I just stop getting emails from DAZ. 

Set up a DAZ folder in your email account and then a filter to dump all the forum notifications there...

Not really a serious glitch, but a bit of a head-scratcher; when I click on a thread in a Recent Discussions list, or a link in an e-bot notification, the new page opens at the first post after the last one I read in that thread.

Then bounces... scrolls down a bit more... and settles with half of the first new post scrolled up off the top of the page.

Not quite right, surely?

mjc1016 said:
    scatha said:

Set up a DAZ folder in your email account and then a filter to dump all the forum notifications there...

And then I still have to dig through all that to see if I got any REAL notifications.  Easier just to set the whole mess to go to spam.   

And then I still have to dig through all that to see if I got any REAL notifications.  Easier just to set the whole mess to go to spam.   

I didn't say WHERE to put that new folder, did I?  devil

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    carrie58 said:

Permissions are fine so try checking again. Go back to the main top level forums. The forum does have a new name so that coule be why you missed it. If you still can't find it, message me and Ill give you a print screen of where it is located :)

Thank you Ann I found it ,took a bit but managed ,surprise

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited July 2015

Is there a forum search?

Post edited by Kerya on
  • ncampncamp Posts: 345
    sriesch said:

Hmmm... Yeah, getting an email for every single post is going to be a problem if I wake up tomorrow and find hundreds of emails in my mailbox,

I've only clicky-clicked on the little (nearly invisible) star button for a handful of threads so far, and I've already got over a hundred e-mails in just the last few hours. This needs to be put on an urgency of "fix yesterday".

Where exactly is the little invisible star?  I cannot see it anywhere!

ncamp 

It appears that all of the old posts that had multiple images attached to them are now displaying them in the reverse order.

Just say'n.

But at least they're still normal sized images, and haven't been reduced to postage stamps.

ncamp said:

Scroll right up to the top of this page; at the right edge of the box containing the (HUGE) thread title, there's a little smudge. Click on it, and it turns orange and your e-mail inbox starts filling up fast.

edited July 2015
    ncamp said:
    sriesch said:

Hmmm... Yeah, getting an email for every single post is going to be a problem if I wake up tomorrow and find hundreds of emails in my mailbox,

I've only clicky-clicked on the little (nearly invisible) star button for a handful of threads so far, and I've already got over a hundred e-mails in just the last few hours. This needs to be put on an urgency of "fix yesterday".

ncamp 

Right here:

Post edited by de3an on