Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited July 2015
    barbult said:

Argh! Showstopper bug!

I just discovered where all my notification e-mails are going in my inbox — and it's sending one for every single reply. There's no (or at least no obvious) "send once then wait until I revisit the thread" function, like we had up until yesterday.

Can we have this fixed, preferably before my inbox gets snowed under with spammed forum notifications?

nonono

I just got NINE more! Argh!!!1!one1!

Yes,  it is unmanageable to get an email EVERY TIME someone replies to a bookmarked thread. I sure hope we can get this changed to behave as before, with one message until I revisit the forum.

I've reported this...if its bad for you all, try and guess what my inbox looks like ATM LOL EEEEK! LOL

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,133

Did daz do away with the animation forums or are they yet to come ?

how do I change my uyser name?. I do not want my full name or my location revieled.

okay I got my name changed now to fix the rest of my information

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

From the FAQ for the new DAZ 3D Forums:

• The notification link of a post I’m following doesn’t go directly to the new post.
    - The notification of a new post to a topic you are following will link you to the first post. This is a limitation of the forum software. You will need to navigate to the last post of the topic to see the new comment.

Well, no. It DOES take me to new post. One of the many many emails I receive say Anne has posted - i click on that link and it takes me directly to where Ann posted. 

• What is different in the forum search tools?
    - The search capabilities are limited at this time. We currently don’t have the full search ability as the old forum.

Seriously??? I mean, SERIOUSLY??? Wasn't that the ONLY thing in the old forums that we all complained about?? The fact that the search was kinda borked???? The forums worked FINE. Except for the fubared search that wasn't great. I did expect getting a whole new forum meant the search function would be fixed. But it's not?? WHY? 

I'm turning notifications off too - email and pop ups. This is getting ridiculous. 5 separate emails in just the time I've taken to write this - all telling me 5 separate people have posted to THIS thread. I don't want to wake up in the morning to 800 single emails saying 800 people have posted here. And yet, notifications OFF will be a pain. I subsribe/post to a thread because of information. I want to know someone has replied to a thread as it may have the information I was looking for. Not getting notifications mean I have to sift through all the threads - which btw, is not as instantaneous or immediate as it used to be as there doens't seem to be a clear delination between threads that is easily seen at once. Oh and the spell checker thing is kinda sucky. 

Not to mention the inability to 'paste' by just right clicking.....

Ivy said:

how do I change my uyser name?. I do not want my full name or my location revieled.

That is in the first post of the thread with all the "How Tos" smiley

Hi Ann did daz do away with the animation forum?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

I like that the email notification says who posted, but I'm disappointed that the email notification no longer shows the text of the message that was posted.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited July 2015

Okay, another weird one.

I've noticed a few people have already figured out how to put their .sig back at the end of their posts. Problem is, there's no obvious division between the end of someone's post and the beginning of their .sig block. I've edited my .sig to put a rule line at the top of it. Maybe that should be automatic?

And yet another one. Why does the post-plus-sig text sometimes wrap around the box containing the poster's name and profile pic? I haven't seen this in any other forum software I've ever used, and it looks a bit weird.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

The 'notification preferences' are strange. There are things there that I can't imagine how they relate to the forum. 

Notify me when people write on my wall. - Huh? What wall????

Notify me when people mention me. - Really? Is there an ability where writing a person's username will "tag" them and let them know? 

Grrrr...i hate this limited 'paste' function. 

Ivy said:

Hi Ann did daz do away with the animation forum?

I'm not sure. They did consolidate some forums and remove some that were not really being used anymore but IDK what the verdict on that specific one was.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    mjc1016 said:
    Ippotamus said:

Well, I give up.  Without my old forum links I am dead in the water.  Literally years of collecting information, settings, tips, tricks, and helpful information now lost in a sea of information.

Really, a heads up before would have been so nice.  I could have spent an hour or two copying and pasting the essentials into somekind of text format.

Just ... ...

yeah..... frown 

I just found out that if you replace the 'viewthread' with 'discussion' in the URL of your bookmarks, they will then work.

Now to just get all the bookmarks into a text format...and then edit them, THEN probably save as an html document to make it easy to click them...

*****To the PTB*****

SPELLCHECK !!!!

Like yesterday??

And how does one TURN OFF 'automatic draft saving'?

There is a spell checker...

And just HOW does one actually get it enabled?

I assume the SCAYT means 'spell check as you type'...except it doesn't.

And "Check Spelling" pops up a new window that doesn't do anything...and can't be closed.  Unless it's actually spell checking the entire thread or something.

The built in spell checking in most browsers, especially FireFox just works...this????

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited July 2015
    Ivy said:

I've read and re-read that first post and I can't figure it out.  There is no option to change my username (I don't actually want to) or my location - the only thing I can change is my gender.  Can you be more specific about where it is? I click on the gear, then click on my username, then click on the gear next to my username... then where do I go?  Edit Profile only shows gender with no other options,  Then I've got change my picture, edit my thumbnail, ignore, quote and signature.  None of those has an option to change my location or make it not appear. 

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

Hmm weird it was working for me (Heller was me misspelling hello to check). Enable SCAYT does seem to be working for me as well.

Maybe it needs JAVA or something or maybe you just need to wait a little longer? IDK I'll mention it though.

Took a little while but I'm figuring it out..lol

Hmm weird it was working for me (Heller was me misspelling hello to check). Enable SCAYT does seem to be working for me as well.

Is the spellchecker by any chance connected to googleadservices?

If that's the case, then I know why it isn't working.

And it will remain nonfunctional, at least for me.

And it explains...why it works in Chrome.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

When attaching images, the displayed thumbnail is much too small (yes I know that clicking on it will enlarge it).

Can the forum's default thumbnail size be increased to match the old forum's size?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited July 2015

Okay, another weird one.

I've noticed a few people have already figured out how to put their .sig back at the end of their posts. Problem is, there's no obvious division between the end of someone's post and the beginning of their .sig block. I've edited my .sig to put a rule line at the top of it. Maybe that should be automatic?

And yet another one. Why does the post-plus-sig text sometimes wrap around the box containing the poster's name and profile pic? I haven't seen this in any other forum software I've ever used, and it looks a bit weird.

...yeah it needs to have some extra separation from the body of the post as even with the dotted line, it's hard to tell the sig form the text of the actual post. Users shoud not have to manually format these kinds of things. I too also notice the "overwriting" between the sig and Poster's info block as well as long forum names spilling over into the text body area instead of wrapping.  Both are very bothersome and look amateurish (sp?).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

Long use rnames are messing up the forum formatting.

MDO1989 said:
    Ivy said:

I've read and re-read that first post and I can't figure it out.  There is no option to change my username (I don't actually want to) or my location - the only thing I can change is my gender.  Can you be more specific about where it is? I click on the gear, then click on my username, then click on the gear next to my username... then where do I go?  Edit Profile only shows gender with no other options,  Then I've got change my picture, edit my thumbnail, ignore, quote and signature.  None of those has an option to change my location or make it not appear. 

Let me look, I didn't actually write that part of the doc, so I'm not even entirely sure. Let me see if I can find it smiley

• erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited July 2015

I don't know about adservices but the Spell Check button opens up a window to "WebSpellChecker.net" complete with banner advertising. SCAYT seems to also use the same web service. Seems to be an essentially useless web service that duplicates browser functionality as an excuse to show ads.

mjc1016 said:

Post edited by erostew on

I use fire fox which has a built in spell checker  :)

But i finely got my sigs back  :)

• Testing because was a problem to achieve the forum to find the information about how to aquieve the forum :)

MDO1989 said:
    Ivy said:

NOTE ABOUT USERNAMES/CHANGING YOUR USERNAME:

You may notice that you no longer have your usual name. The old forum failed to enforce uniqueness in screen names, the new forum is stricter. If you have set a gallery name you will now see that in the forum too; if not but your forum name was unique, you will have your old forum name; if you had no gallery name and your forum name was not unique you will have a placeholder.

The good news is that you can now edit your name, for both galleries and forum, by going to your account page https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/

It should be in your "Store" Account Page (Main Account Page) Not the forum one. (I just looked everywhere thinking forum too but its store side. Use the link above and it should take you right to where to do it.

erostew said:

I don't know about adservices but the Spell Check button opens up a window to "WebSpellChecker.net" complete with banner advertising. SCAYT seems to also use the same web service. Seems to be an essentially useless web service that duplicates browser functionality as an excuse to show ads.

mjc1016 said:

Exactly...and I have 2 blocked scripts on the forums...googleadservices and adroll.

So, it has to be one of those two.  And since SC works in Chrome, without lifting a finger to do anything, my guess as to which one is adsrvices.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited July 2015

"• The notification link of a post I’m following doesn’t go directly to the new post.
    - The notification of a new post to a topic you are following will link you to the first post. This is a limitation of the forum software. You will need to navigate to the last post of the topic to see the new comment. "

...OK looked through the FAQ notice and came accross the above This pretty much makes the email notification feature totally pointless as apparently you have no choice but to manually navigate from page 1 to the comment in question . As I mentioned this will be a huge pain in long and/or fast moving threads as well as when one is subscribed to a large number of threads.

So effectively just based on this alone, the new software is a downgrade in "user experience".  angry

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited July 2015

Seems like there are a lot of css bugs in the forum. Some things show in the Dark Style but not in the light, etc. My last post had some random text colours inserted that only showed up in the Dark theme.

Post edited by erostew on
    edited July 2015
    kyoto kid said:

"• The notification link of a post I’m following doesn’t go directly to the new post.
    - The notification of a new post to a topic you are following will link you to the first post. This is a limitation of the forum software. You will need to navigate to the last post of the topic to see the new comment. "

...OK looked through the FAQ notice and came accross the above This pretty much makes the email notification feature totally pointless as apparently you have no choice but to manually navigate from page 1 to the comment in question . As I mentioned this will be a huge pain in long and/or fast moving threads as well as when one is subscribed to a large number of threads.

So effectively just based on this alone, the new software is a downgrade in "user experience".  angry

Several other 'features' can be added to that list...including the spellchecking, cut and paste,  automatic directing to the END of a thread, once visited, oddball quote behavior...and more.

Post edited by mjc1016 on