Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783

How do I find out if I have a pm or not?

It should show up next to Inbox in your profile (and under notifications you can set it to send you an email or put a popup at the bottom of the screen when you get one as well.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    Stezza said:
    Estroyer said:
    I
    mjc1016 said:

So...let's see...

Another forum software change that trashes most, if not all the old links to all the previous information.  New software that may not have the 'problems' of the old...but unlike the last time  SURPRISE!!!

A little warning would have been nice.

I agree and I am also curious as to why DAZ decided not to warn us :) Had a similar question. It seems common courtesy to inform users. I am not someone who dislikes change, but I do like to be notified if it's ahead ;) Note that it's not in my nature to be pessimistic or negative! I'm just genuinely curious as to why DAZ decided to do it secretly :)

I think they told us 12 months ago.. they were just a little slow in implementing it lol

and this quote thing is cumbersome as well... you hit quote then have to scroll to the end of the page then select the quote to hit the little red bent arrow...

I'm running out of the extra clicks I had stored away real quick! devil

Not to mention that it's hell on the carpal tunnel.  crying

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

How can I subscribe to a topic so I can find it again?

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582

Click on the star next to the topic of the thread.

You can view your bookmarks, once you have a thread bookmarked, from the gear drop down and the option of "My Bookmarks". 

DAZ_Jon said:

You can view your bookmarks, once you have a thread bookmarked, from the gear drop down and the option of "My Bookmarks". 

Thank you. Apparently it does not bookmark automatically.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

OK,, now I'm getting them but I replied to Mec4D's Birthday thread and still not getting email notifications... ... surprise

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Argleblargle...    surprise

Okay, it's the long-heralded and long-awaited new forum. Not bad, if a bit on the dark side. Hope there's some good colour themes to choose from.

Just one question at the moment; in the old forums, I always read them every day from the "show unread posts" (or whatever it was called) link, which gave a list, rarely more than a dozen pages long, of all posts since my last logout. I presume "Recent Discussions" is the new equivalent? I think it's going back to the very beginning of every post in the database... all 1700-odd pages of them.

Okay, another question; any chance of some more and better smilies in the future? The ones we have now are a bit sparse and not all that great-looking.

Preview! Why isn't there a preview option? Preview is your friend.

What's this "body" and "p" that just appeared at the bottom of the editor window?

I did it once, but how do I edit a post.  I cannot figure out how I did it?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited July 2015

...so when will the links in the email bots work again?  I keep getting a "Page Not Found" error every time I click an email link to a thread.  Not about to manually sift or "guess" my way through threads (especially long and fast moving ones) to find where I left off the last time.  I had a lot of thread subscriptions and locating them all manually will be an enormous time consuming pain in the bum.

At the very least we need the page number as well as the "last response by..." links for each thread back on the contents pages.

Oh bugger, and FF's spell check no longer works either.  This is sheer death for a dyslexic like myself and the reason I so dislike the Rendo and RDNA forums as I have to eyball everything I type several times before submitting.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    RAMWolff said:

OK,, now I'm getting them but I replied to Mec4D's Birthday thread and still not getting email notifications... ... surprise

Click on the main cog top of the page, then your username, then the cog next to that, and then check under Notifications to see if you have "E-Mail" notifications checked off and when you do that be sure you click save at the bottom of the page. Or try the link below (I do not guarantee it works LOL)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/preferences/

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Is there a way to change the skins? The blue text on the dark background is kinda harsh on the eyes, and I much preferred the lighter colours of the old forum. Also, you used to be able to link directly to a particular post by clicking the # number on it.....can we not do that anymore? For instance, if you wanted to link to a particular comment in a HUGE thread, that showed how to do something, it was easy....now I can't figure out how to do it, and linking ot hte thread itself and saying "the solution to your problem is probably on page 45 of that thread that is 60 pages long" is going to be not helpful. 

DAZ_Jon said:

Thank you. Apparently it does not bookmark automatically.

No, only when you are the one who started the thread it seems. Sorry about that. I did update the first post to explain how to bookmark though so its there now.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

I notice that next to my posts it is listing my location - is there a way to change that?

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    jakiblue said:

Is there a way to change the skins? The blue text on the dark background is kinda harsh on the eyes, and I much preferred the lighter colours of the old forum. Also, you used to be able to link directly to a particular post by clicking the # number on it.....can we not do that anymore? For instance, if you wanted to link to a particular comment in a HUGE thread, that showed how to do something, it was easy....now I can't figure out how to do it, and linking ot hte thread itself and saying "the solution to your problem is probably on page 45 of that thread that is 60 pages long" is going to be not helpful. 

The forum inherits the coloring / style of the store. So if you're viewing the store through the dark theme, the forums will have a similar dark theme (might need some tweaking on our end for some parts where it doesn't line up quiet right). If you switch to light theme, you'll see it with the light theme. 

Why do each post notification have to say who posted?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

the millenium cow will be next

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

How does one get a link to the FIRST post of a thread?

I'm trying to add a link to the HDRI thread in my sig, but even when dropping #latest from the url it still takes it to the END of the thread.

I see clicking the link of the topic goes to the latest post.  wow!   I better get ready for bed.

Those seeing dark skins: Do you all have a DAZ Pref Color Profile thing in FireFox? I ask as I have a grey/off white scheme that I am seeing on a clean install of Firefox. Am wondering if its that one colorscheme app that is making it so some are seeing dark?

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578

Well, I give up.  Without my old forum links I am dead in the water.  Literally years of collecting information, settings, tips, tricks, and helpful information now lost in a sea of information.

Really, a heads up before would have been so nice.  I could have spent an hour or two copying and pasting the essentials into somekind of text format.

Just ... ...

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    DAZ_Jon said:
    jakiblue said:

Is there a way to change the skins? The blue text on the dark background is kinda harsh on the eyes, and I much preferred the lighter colours of the old forum.

The forum inherits the coloring / style of the store. So if you're viewing the store through the dark theme, the forums will have a similar dark theme (might need some tweaking on our end for some parts where it doesn't line up quiet right). If you switch to light theme, you'll see it with the light theme. 

Does the forum have to work that way? The light theme on the store hurts my eyes after a while. The dark theme on the forum... looks weird. Also, some highlight-option selections (like in the Edit Profile section) flash abruptly ow-my-eyes white with pale, pale yellow text. Hard to read like that.

How do I find out if I have a pm or not?

It should show up next to Inbox in your profile (and under notifications you can set it to send you an email or put a popup at the bottom of the screen when you get one as well.

...Found that.  Would be nice if a different more "visible" icon were used like on similar to the what appears the upper right corner of the store page which when logged in would also be coloured coded in some way as to catch the eye better.

This is what I get for colors:

kyoto kid said:

...Found that.  Would be nice if a different more "visible" icon were used like on similar to the what appears the upper right corner of the store page which when logged in would also be coloured coded in some way as to catch the eye better.

You can use Notifications to give you a popup bottom of the screen (and/or an e-mail) as well. Granted I do admit I miss seeing the more obtrusive notification right at the top of the forums though. Was more generally obvious.

..so how do you get to your account settings.  Both my sig and  banner are gone.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633
    Ippotamus said:

Well, I give up.  Without my old forum links I am dead in the water.  Literally years of collecting information, settings, tips, tricks, and helpful information now lost in a sea of information.

Really, a heads up before would have been so nice.  I could have spent an hour or two copying and pasting the essentials into somekind of text format.

Just ... ...

yeah..... frown 

• his xhis x Posts: 866

So far it looks like the score is DAZ Marketing 1, users 0.

kyoto kid said:

..so how do you get to your account settings.  Both my sig and  banner are gone.

Wondering the same thing

• JackReasonJackReason Posts: 144

Absolutely hate the new look. Everything is too spread out.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562

Is there any way to set a layout, style, skin (whatever you want to call it) that doesn't waste so much space? (See attached screencap) It may be good on a phone, but . . .

- Greg