MEC4D's celebration ( with freebies ) [commercial]

1161719212284

Comments

  • DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,095
    edited December 1969

    MEC4D, it is said that the Hobbits of old gave presents on their own birthdays to all of their friends and relations. I'm proud to be in the company of so generous a hobbit as yourself! Thank you.

    Then if I start now, I should have something done for *my* birthday ;)

    Just hav e to figure out what to make... Characters, clothing textures, or posekits.

  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

    Hey folks...I'm gonna recommend a name change of the DIM for the G3F 4th dress.

    It's currently: IM00070415-01_4th7DressG3F.zip

    I recommend you change it to: IM07042015-01_4th7DressG3F.zip


    If you've already installed it (and assuming you kept a back up copy), just use DIM to uninstall, change the number, and then reinstall.

    (maybe shutdown Daz and Dim between uninstalling and reinstalling...it seems to like that).


    THE REASON for this is I messed up in using 070415 rather than 07042015. While DAZ is nowhere near a product numbered 70415, it could hit that in a year or two, in which case, if you have the dress installed, it might cause issues (error messages, won't install..that kind of thing).

    By the time 7042015 comes around, we'll be on Genesis 10 and making holograms :)

    (It's not a big deal if you don't do this..just a heads up/suggestion.).

    Sorry for the inconvenience :(

  • MBuschMBusch Posts: 545
    edited July 2015

    Here is the metadata for the G2F version of the 4Th Dress. In fact, below are the links for all freebies metadata as DIM installers. Just download and drop the files in your DIM's download folder to get them installed with DIM, or if you prefer extract the content manually and drop the files in your Content>Runtime>Support folder to import them using the Database Maintenance function in DS.

    Thanks to Scavenger for making them DIM installable,

    - Mec4D 80's Gymset G2FMetaData.zip
    - 80's Girls Want Just Have a Fun Outfit
    - 4th7 Dress G3F
    - 4th7 Dress G2F

    Post edited by MBusch on
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,457
    edited December 1969

    MEC4D said:
    Here some snap shots of the work in progress ..finally happy with the lower parts .. temporary textured with tiles
    that is all you go to see for now :) render in Iray with just HDRI .. 4 seconds ..lol

    Gah. You are just a tease...lol...those look amazing :D can't thank you enough for your generosity.
  • DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,095
    edited December 1969

    MEC4D said:
    Here some snap shots of the work in progress ..finally happy with the lower parts .. temporary textured with tiles
    that is all you go to see for now :) render in Iray with just HDRI .. 4 seconds ..lol

    I finally broke down and bought a Stonemason just so I could get this thing working in Iray. Well worth it. I like the suit, and I'm sure it'll look great on G3F by the time I'm done with it ;)

    Well, that and some fresh paint so I can use it as a school uniform. Would you object loudly if I used the templates to try and make a texture set for a couple of these? I've got some ideas I want to try out, especially for the 4th Dress.

    That render is working as we speak, and I'll get it posted sometime tonight-- complete with a couple of G3F morphs I've been playing with. If I can get proper textures made, I might make them available.

    One thing of note with GJWTHF: When fitted to G3F, the pants on the outfit don't seem to take the invisibility settings very well. The front of the legs go away as expected, but not the back. Might be important, might not.

  • DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,095
    edited December 1969

    MelanieL said:

    Yes, Simon's right - the hair part is a shader so you need to select the "hair" material zone and apply the shader just to that - the "cap" matzone is transparent, so no need to apply anything to that. The bow and band part is a material preset, so no need to go into the Surfaces panel for those.
    ETA: Oops, I see you've already got it working in the time it took me to read and reply...

    Thanks for replying, even if it does seem like it's late. I learned something new, and that's never a bad thing. You added a few details to his explanation and my stumbled-upon solution, which does help.

  • DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,095
    edited December 1969

    Well, I said I'd get it done, and here it is!

    I'd like to introduce you all to (from the left), Siri, Kate, Rumiko, and Alexis.

    Rumiko decided it was time to beat the heat, and go for a dip, Alexis and Kate are dolled up for very different dates, and Siri is going inside to work out in a bit.

    Rumiko and Alexis are WIP sets, mostly dialed out of the morphkits, while Siri and Kate are throwaways named so I didn't have to try and remember which "Genesis 3 Female" was which. Poses were built from bits of G2 poses, and Rumiko is sporting Hongyu's Bikini.

    Yes I know, Rumi doesn't really belong, but she seemed so lonely in the Library...

    Happy_Birthday_Cath.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 36,924
    edited July 2015

    MEC4D, it is said that the Hobbits of old gave presents on their own birthdays to all of their friends and relations. I'm proud to be in the company of so generous a hobbit as yourself! Thank you.

    ...agreed, from this furry footed, bearded, ale loving, pipe smoking one who lives in a half cellar flat affectionately named the Hobbit Hole - and the ceilings are not very high)..
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,245
    edited December 1969

    Thank you
    just used tiled PBS fabric so not textured , long way to go a lot of morphs to do for the upper parts so it don't bend like a kielbasa lol

    scatha said:
    Wh00t, those look as good as fnished, Cath. Very nice!

    Thanks Alex !

    Alex L said:

    This is looking fantastic. I love the feel of gravity in the drape of the pant leg. You continue to outdo yourself.

    Sorry about that.. I learned to save my scenes while working on :)

    It was the bit of scenery I was looking for, rather than environment maps. I have BWC Skies 2, and the textures from that do pretty well.

    I wound up picking up the i13's loft space from the Store, and watched the entire scene chew through 12GB of RAM and then three more on the video card before the whole machine fell over and died.

    So, off to rebuild ;)

    That is nice to say, thank you .. I never cared about gifts , for me a nice card from heart or wishes is worth more than most expensive gift ,it have sentimental value .. as all your great wishes this year made me really happy so I had to give something back as I always do , I could not invite you for a dinner so at last something ! plus it is my 15th years anniversary with DAZ3D ( plus extra time with Zygote ) so even more special .

    MEC4D, it is said that the Hobbits of old gave presents on their own birthdays to all of their friends and relations. I'm proud to be in the company of so generous a hobbit as yourself! Thank you.

    Great job as usual ! I am in process of rendering video music clip with Genesis 2 figures for the 15th anniversary using Iray so extra new stuff come in handy .. thanks for sharing ! I like the combination !

    Thank you Cath! And thanks so much for the G2F version of the summer dress - I actually made a G3F clone for my G2F and so made her wear the dress for this render... but it's so nice to have a dedicated version too =)

    Here's the summer dress, the gym hair, and the slippers from your Sari set for Genesis. 3Delight, the shaders are mine + PhysicalSun from the 3Delight standalone shader collection.
    More postprocessing was involved - I rendered to EXR, tonemapped (gotta love the photoreceptor mode of Picturenaut) and then applied some colour correction via a free LUT found online, to get the summer mood =)

    I should've disabled autofollow on the ear morphs (this character has elf ears), but well, I forgot =)

    I must say you getting better and better with Iray , I need to get the map, looking wonderful lighting and everything and the boots add nice accent

    barbult said:
    Walk in the Park
    This uses the lovely free summer dress. Thanks for the generous gifts.The Boots use PVC Plastic and the bracelet uses gold and silver brushed metals from your commercial pack. The dress conforms well to a taller and heavier Genesis 3 with some V7 and some Amy morphs. Amy is from the DS Creative Magazine issue 13. Lighting and background are from No Emotion HDRs. It is free, released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 .


    As I finally like it .. I want to share good one or nothing at all ... did not expected the bumpy way but I am learning by , suit is the most complicated as it need to look like a suit and move like one so I try to get with the gravity and if I success it will be the best technically , since I do animated stuff I want it to move and pose as a suit do so a very interesting challenge for me here
    Here some snap shots of the work in progress ..finally happy with the lower parts .. temporary textured with tiles
    that is all you go to see for now :) render in Iray with just HDRI .. 4 seconds ..lol


    Gah. You are just a tease...lol...those look amazing :D can't thank you enough for your generosity.

    The suit is for G2M males .. :)
    you are free to do any textures for the free sets you like , it has tones of download numbers so I guess people will like to use ..there is never enough of clothing !

    I finally broke down and bought a Stonemason just so I could get this thing working in Iray. Well worth it. I like the suit, and I'm sure it'll look great on G3F by the time I'm done with it ;)

    Well, that and some fresh paint so I can use it as a school uniform. Would you object loudly if I used the templates to try and make a texture set for a couple of these? I've got some ideas I want to try out, especially for the 4th Dress.

    That render is working as we speak, and I'll get it posted sometime tonight-- complete with a couple of G3F morphs I've been playing with. If I can get proper textures made, I might make them available.

    One thing of note with GJWTHF: When fitted to G3F, the pants on the outfit don't seem to take the invisibility settings very well. The front of the legs go away as expected, but not the back. Might be important, might not.

    That is pretty work, I guess girls was invited for the party , looks like Rumi is living there and girls past by , thanks for sharing !
    Well, I said I'd get it done, and here it is!

    I'd like to introduce you all to (from the left), Siri, Kate, Rumiko, and Alexis.

    Rumiko decided it was time to beat the heat, and go for a dip, Alexis and Kate are dolled up for very different dates, and Siri is going inside to work out in a bit.

    Rumiko and Alexis are WIP sets, mostly dialed out of the morphkits, while Siri and Kate are throwaways named so I didn't have to try and remember which "Genesis 3 Female" was which. Poses were built from bits of G2 poses, and Rumiko is sporting Hongyu's Bikini.

    Yes I know, Rumi doesn't really belong, but she seemed so lonely in the Library...

    No ,no furry feet here lol You funny Kyoto Kid ..with a 6 feet tall I am far from a hobbit visually , I am just a gentle giant with a hobbit heart ! hehe
    MEC4D, it is said that the Hobbits of old gave presents on their own birthdays to all of their friends and relations. I'm proud to be in the company of so generous a hobbit as yourself! Thank you.
    ...agreed, from this furry footed, bearded, ale loving, pipe smoking one who lives in a half cellar flat affectionately named the Hobbit Hole - and the ceilings are not very high)..

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,245
    edited December 1969

    Thank you Scavenger for the DIM and MBusch for the metadata ! xoxo

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,245
    edited December 1969

    Here is DIM version zip for the G2F version of the summer dress

    DOWNLOAD https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5syl1ecj8wpch0/IM07042015-03_4th7DressG2F.zip?dl=0

    Thanks Scavenger!

  • HoMartHoMart Posts: 369
    edited December 1969

    Thanks MBusch and Scavenger for creating and sharing that metadata !!

    but is it just me getting a 404 after clicking these dropbox-links ??

    MBusch said:
    Here is the metadata for the G2F version of the 4Th Dress. In fact, below are the links for all freebies metadata as DIM installers. Just download and drop the files in your DIM's download folder to get them installed with DIM, or if you prefer extract the content manually and drop the files in your Content>Runtime>Support folder to import them using the Database Maintenance function in DS.

    Thanks to Scavenger for making them DIM installable,

    - Mec4D 80's Gymset G2FMetaData.zip
    - 80's Girls Want Just Have a Fun Outfit
    - 4th7 Dress G3F
    - 4th7 Dress G2F

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,245
    edited July 2015
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,700
    edited December 1969

    Thank you for the lovely dress - and for G2 and G3 too!
    *smiles*

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,245
    edited December 1969

    You welcome Kerya ! :)

    Kerya said:
    Thank you for the lovely dress - and for G2 and G3 too!
    *smiles*
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 5,592
    edited December 1969

    Thanks for all the links in one place. Just the suit left, then the countdown to the next PBS set :)

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,245
    edited December 1969

    I have for you one more set for G2F in production for the Final Countdown ! and celebration of my 15th anniversary as DAZ3D PA
    will be released free when is done , just would like to share the progress ... It is inspired by the 1995 TV show but not an exactly copy ;) just the theme . I hope you like , her name is Meana ;) Originally she should be the female companion of my Hercules set .

    Meana3.jpg
    779 x 929 - 192K
    Meana2.jpg
    779 x 929 - 206K
    Meana1.jpg
    779 x 929 - 177K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,916
    edited December 1969

    Do you never sleep Cath?

  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,270
    edited December 1969

    MEC4D said:
    I have for you one more set for G2F in production for the Final Countdown ! and celebration of my 15th anniversary as DAZ3D PA
    will be released free when is done , just would like to share the progress ... It is inspired by the 1995 TV show but not an exactly copy ;) just the theme . I hope you like , her name is Meana ;) Originally she should be the female companion of my Hercules set .


    OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    *dies*

    That is going to be PERFECT!!!!!!!!


    I still can't believe WE'RE getting all the presents here! Wow. You're amazing!

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,245
    edited December 1969

    Lol yes 4-5 hours max , modeling for me not big deal can do set in 2 hours , but the setup and the rest take sooo long minder funny part
    and I love to do many sets on the same time and switching between as I always get new ideas to add between as happen with the suit , on top of that also preparing new PBS shaders so full 16 hours of work daily and I love it , once I get in turbo mode nothing can stop me Lol


    wilmap said:
    Do you never sleep Cath?
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,245
    edited December 1969

    Awwwww thank you.. you see after so many years of support you guys deserve a special treatment for once ! good karma in action ! Without you it would be not possible ! and I am as much excited doing it as you receiving ! and of course I don't have to , but I love to do it !

    jakiblue said:
    MEC4D said:
    I have for you one more set for G2F in production for the Final Countdown ! and celebration of my 15th anniversary as DAZ3D PA
    will be released free when is done , just would like to share the progress ... It is inspired by the 1995 TV show but not an exactly copy ;) just the theme . I hope you like , her name is Meana ;) Originally she should be the female companion of my Hercules set .


    OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    *dies*

    That is going to be PERFECT!!!!!!!!


    I still can't believe WE'RE getting all the presents here! Wow. You're amazing!

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,245
    edited December 1969

    I know I know .. work in progress ..working on PBR camouflage army automobile paints shaders in many location and styles like for woods and desert ... very cool plus the rest of it as mentioned before.. another megapack in making !

    Thanks for all the links in one place. Just the suit left, then the countdown to the next PBS set :)
  • IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

    Gotta say, as a historian, practitioner or several forms and a (somewhat) Buddhist, your monk clothes have become a must have for me.

    http://www.daz3d.com/mec4d-shaolin-monk-uniform-for-genesis-2-male-s

    Folk.. get them. these color so well.. they will feature in my series.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,245
    edited December 1969

    Thank you Ikyoto , the kimono was a pain to setup but it was worthy the time , now I have to figure out how to do the same with the simple general weight maps on gen3 .. missing the old weight maps and did not found my way out yet with the new .. it getting to be clumpy workflow .
    I need to re-render the Monk set in new light with new materials for Iray when I have time
    make sure you post a link to your series would love to see it in action

    Ikyoto said:
    Gotta say, as a historian, practitioner or several forms and a (somewhat) Buddhist, your monk clothes have become a must have for me.

    http://www.daz3d.com/mec4d-shaolin-monk-uniform-for-genesis-2-male-s

    Folk.. get them. these color so well.. they will feature in my series.

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,700
    edited December 1969

    Hercules will be happy!
    :)

  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 3,448
    edited December 1969

    MEC4D said:
    I have for you one more set for G2F in production for the Final Countdown ! and celebration of my 15th anniversary as DAZ3D PA
    will be released free when is done , just would like to share the progress ... It is inspired by the 1995 TV show but not an exactly copy ;) just the theme . I hope you like , her name is Meana ;) Originally she should be the female companion of my Hercules set .

    Very very nice

  • MBuschMBusch Posts: 545
    edited July 2015

    HoMart said:
    Thanks MBusch and Scavenger for creating and sharing that metadata !!

    but is it just me getting a 404 after clicking these dropbox-links ??

    MBusch said:
    Here is the metadata for the G2F version of the 4Th Dress. In fact, below are the links for all freebies metadata as DIM installers. Just download and drop the files in your DIM's download folder to get them installed with DIM, or if you prefer extract the content manually and drop the files in your Content>Runtime>Support folder to import them using the Database Maintenance function in DS.

    Thanks to Scavenger for making them DIM installable,

    - Mec4D 80's Gymset G2FMetaData.zip
    - 80's Girls Want Just Have a Fun Outfit
    - 4th7 Dress G3F
    - 4th7 Dress G2F

    Sorry, I should have messed something. The links are fixed. Please try again and let me know if it is working now!

    - Mec4D 80's Gymset G2FMetaData.zip
    - 80's Girls Want Just Have a Fun Outfit
    - 4th7 Dress G3F
    - 4th7 Dress G2F

    Post edited by MBusch on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 5,592
    edited December 1969

    MBusch said:
    HoMart said:
    Thanks MBusch and Scavenger for creating and sharing that metadata !!

    but is it just me getting a 404 after clicking these dropbox-links ??

    MBusch said:
    Here is the metadata for the G2F version of the 4Th Dress. In fact, below are the links for all freebies metadata as DIM installers. Just download and drop the files in your DIM's download folder to get them installed with DIM, or if you prefer extract the content manually and drop the files in your Content>Runtime>Support folder to import them using the Database Maintenance function in DS.

    Thanks to Scavenger for making them DIM installable,

    - Mec4D 80's Gymset G2FMetaData.zip
    - 80's Girls Want Just Have a Fun Outfit
    - 4th7 Dress G3F
    - 4th7 Dress G2F

    Sorry, I should have messed something. The links are fixed. Please try again and let me know if it is working now!

    Hmm, they still don't appear to work.

  • MBuschMBusch Posts: 545
    edited July 2015

    Are you clicking in the new links or in the quoted ones?

    - Mec4D 80's Gymset G2FMetaData.zip
    - 80's Girls Want Just Have a Fun Outfit
    - 4th7 Dress G3F
    - 4th7 Dress G2F

    Post edited by MBusch on
  • HoMartHoMart Posts: 369
    edited July 2015

    silly me - ;)
    the updated ones work well

    Post edited by HoMart on
Sign In or Register to comment.