MEC4D's celebration ( with freebies ) [commercial]

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    Thanks Wendy

here G2F Dress set for you and Kyoto Kid rigged ;) and for everyone that still use G2F
    If ask for UVs just ignore as I put materials from the other set .. but the UVs are the same ..I am too lazy today lol the best to install both set in this case

DOWNLOAD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjvpubsghmcwofs/4t7_Dress_G2F.zip?dl=0

shapes supported only by auto

Thanks for that Cath, I love the clothes but use G2F as G3F crashes Carrara on load so not in hurry to upgrade to her, I love your stuff.

You are beyond being a wonder and a delight, Cath! :)
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

Oh wow that is awesome!

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Awww thank you Simon ... Need to support my friends in need ! I am not yet totally converted to G3 as not enough assets on the market yet so I am getting slowly

SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:
    Thanks Wendy

here G2F Dress set for you and Kyoto Kid rigged ;) and for everyone that still use G2F
    If ask for UVs just ignore as I put materials from the other set .. but the UVs are the same ..I am too lazy today lol the best to install both set in this case

DOWNLOAD

Thanks for that Cath, I love the clothes but use G2F as G3F crashes Carrara on load so not in hurry to upgrade to her, I love your stuff.

You are beyond being a wonder and a delight, Cath! :)
    edited December 1969

You welcome Wendy ! I did not included closed edge loops in this dress so the skirt part can be animated with Iclone or Poser dynamic cloth

Oh wow that is awesome!
  • DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Thank you for the latest freebie - you're really spoiling us all!
    I'm still playing catch-up with a first render of the last one...

Since you managed to do this and I'm an idiot, what did you do to get the hair shader to apply? I've tried them all on both versions of the hair (mounted on G3F), and it refuses to apply. I can color the bow any way I like, but the hair is being silly.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

Since you managed to do this and I'm an idiot, what did you do to get the hair shader to apply? I've tried them all on both versions of the hair (mounted on G3F), and it refuses to apply. I can color the bow any way I like, but the hair is being silly.
    From memory you need to apply it as a shader ... select the material zones in Surface and then apply.

edited December 1969

Yep. That sounds about right. I missed that step, and was in the midst of investigating when it mysteriously started working.

At least I know *why* now, and that's good.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited July 2015

SimonJM said:
    MelanieL said:

From memory you need to apply it as a shader ... select the material zones in Surface and then apply.
    Yes, Simon's right - the hair part is a shader so you need to select the "hair" material zone and apply the shader just to that - the "cap" matzone is transparent, so no need to apply anything to that. The bow and band part is a material preset, so no need to go into the Surfaces panel for those.
    ETA: Oops, I see you've already got it working in the time it took me to read and reply...
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    MBusch said:
    Thank you again Cath! It is a nice dress. I just create the metadata files to this one also.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9581290/Mec4D4th7DressG3F_Metadata.zip

Did you do metadata for the first gift, the Gym Set? If so I'd love the zip!

Ops! Yes I did. Here is the link:

MEC4D 80's Gym set G2F Metadata
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9581290/MEC4D_80s_Gym_set_G2F_Metadata.zip

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Thank you for taking the time to provide the dress for G2F. You're great!

edited December 1969

You welcome!

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Ahhhhhsome gifts. Thank you so much. Appreciate all you do and hope you had a fantastic B-Day :)

• IchibanIchiban Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

The suit looks beautiful, can't wait to get my hands on it. I'll share a render when it comes.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

MBusch said:
    RAMWolff said:
    MBusch said:
    Thank you again Cath! It is a nice dress. I just create the metadata files to this one also.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9581290/Mec4D4th7DressG3F_Metadata.zip

Did you do metadata for the first gift, the Gym Set? If so I'd love the zip!

Ops! Yes I did. Here is the link:

MEC4D 80's Gym set G2F Metadata
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9581290/MEC4D_80s_Gym_set_G2F_Metadata.zip

Thank you so much! :-)

edited December 1969

I have a lot of work with the suit and it will be free for a very limited time of 24H only
    I will let everyone know when I plan to post it so everyone will have a chance to download it .
    I am working on it as we speak and redone all the shoes and jacket

The suit looks beautiful, can't wait to get my hands on it. I'll share a render when it comes.
  • HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    edited December 1969

Thank you for investing so much time and energy in the birthday gift that you give us for your birthday

I have a lot of work with the suit and it will be free for a very limited time of 24H only
    I will let everyone know when I plan to post it so everyone will have a chance to download it .

edited December 1969

MEC4D said:

Thank you for going to all the trouble :)Working on that render for you now, although finding an environment was a bit rough... Had to drill way down into my old Poser runtimes to find something that worked.

It's scary in there...

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited December 1969

MEC4D you're awesome! And I know that several days have passed since your birthday but I still want to wish you a belated birthday.

Trish

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    Thanks Wendy

DOWNLOAD

..thank you very much. I also use Carrara as well.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

I can use G2F in iClone so will install all, just not keen on buying future G3F stuff until they fix the Carrara issue, anything that can work on G2F I am happy with if nice enough I may even buy G3F stuff and convert it, oddy the clothes load into carrara ok ( the default G3F clothes).
    I can import G3F from iClone 3Dxchange pipeline to carrara as an FBX though even C8.1!!!

edited December 1969

Thank you so much !

MEC4D you're awesome! And I know that several days have passed since your birthday but I still want to wish you a belated birthday.

Trish

edited December 1969

There is a lot of free HDRI maps online .. Poser environment are not what you want I tried them before, looking forward to see the render

MEC4D said:

Thank you for going to all the trouble :)Working on that render for you now, although finding an environment was a bit rough... Had to drill way down into my old Poser runtimes to find something that worked.

It's scary in there...

edited December 1969

Here some snap shots of the work in progress ..finally happy with the lower parts .. temporary textured with tiles
    that is all you go to see for now :) render in Iray with just HDRI .. 4 seconds ..lol

MC-SUIT3.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 470K
    MC-SUIT2.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 481K
    MC-SUIT1.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 488K
  • scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Wh00t, those look as good as fnished, Cath. Very nice!

• AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    Here some snap shots of the work in progress ..finally happy with the lower parts .. temporary textured with tiles
    that is all you go to see for now :) render in Iray with just HDRI .. 4 seconds ..lol

This is looking fantastic. I love the feel of gravity in the drape of the pant leg. You continue to outdo yourself.

MC-SUIT2.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 481K
    edited July 2015

MEC4D said:
    There is a lot of free HDRI maps online .. Poser environment are not what you want I tried them before, looking forward to see the render.

It was the bit of scenery I was looking for, rather than environment maps. I have BWC Skies 2, and the textures from that do pretty well.

I wound up picking up the i13's loft space from the Store, and watched the entire scene chew through 12GB of RAM and then three more on the video card before the whole machine fell over and died.

So, off to rebuild ;)

Post edited by DarkSpartan on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

MEC4D, it is said that the Hobbits of old gave presents on their own birthdays to all of their friends and relations. I'm proud to be in the company of so generous a hobbit as yourself! Thank you.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

MEC4D, it is said that the Hobbits of old gave presents on their own birthdays to all of their friends and relations. I'm proud to be in the company of so generous a hobbit as yourself! Thank you.

Awwwwwwwww, I like that! That's cool! :-)

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:

Very nice indeed , very good 3Delight setup love it thank you for the wishes my friend !

Thank you Cath! And thanks so much for the G2F version of the summer dress - I actually made a G3F clone for my G2F and so made her wear the dress for this render... but it's so nice to have a dedicated version too =)

Here's the summer dress, the gym hair, and the slippers from your Sari set for Genesis. 3Delight, the shaders are mine + PhysicalSun from the 3Delight standalone shader collection.
    More postprocessing was involved - I rendered to EXR, tonemapped (gotta love the photoreceptor mode of Picturenaut) and then applied some colour correction via a free LUT found online, to get the summer mood =)

I should've disabled autofollow on the ear morphs (this character has elf ears), but well, I forgot =)

CathTripSummer_Tonemapped_PivkoColourNutPunch.jpg
    768 x 1344 - 625K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,132
    edited December 1969

Walk in the Park
    This uses the lovely free summer dress. Thanks for the generous gifts.The Boots use PVC Plastic and the bracelet uses gold and silver brushed metals from your commercial pack. The dress conforms well to a taller and heavier Genesis 3 with some V7 and some Amy morphs. Amy is from the DS Creative Magazine issue 13. Lighting and background are from No Emotion HDRs. It is free, released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 .

Heavy_V7_Amy_MEC4D_Dress_rubber_boots_Park_2_Iray.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M