MEC4D's celebration ( with freebies ) [commercial]

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

I am not sure why the original poster said that the player was in .max format. The one I looked at was not, it was in .3ds format, which can be converted in many 3D apps to .obj format. Blender can do it, for example, as well as many others.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Yes I saw that the Walkman was in .3ds format easy convert

SixDs said:
    I am not sure why the original poster said that the player was in .max format. The one I looked at was not, it was in .3ds format, which can be converted in many 3D apps to .obj format. Blender can do it, for example, as well as many others.
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

SixDs said:
    I am not sure why the original poster said that the player was in .max format.

Cuz I saw a number that said .max and conflated them in my mind.

• ewcarmanewcarman Posts: 180
    edited December 1969

Dance Off!

I'm still learning my way around lighting a scene, but this didn't turn out too bad and wanted to share. Thanks again for your generosity during your Happy Birthday Weeks.

Best Regards,
    Eric

GJWTHF.jpg
    1024 x 819 - 134K
    edited December 1969

Not wanting to hijack your thread, Catharina, but I'll just add, for the benefit of anyone not familiar with the process, that there are a couple of issues that tend to be associated with all such conversions, not just this one. I did the conversion myself (in Silo, since I happened to have it installed on this PC) just to see how it turned out, then imported the resulting object into DAZ Studio. As is often the case, the model was huge in the worldspace, even importing it at DAZ Studio native scale, which is as small as you can get. The model obviously would need to be scaled down further in DAZ Studio, then resaved. Secondly, I don't know whether the model had any rigging in .3ds, but of course this wouldn't be preserved in conversion anyway. As a consequence, if anyone wanted to use the model with a character, it would need to be rigged in DAZ Studio (or at least the earphones and cord would need to be rigged), or it could only be used as a static prop.

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    edited December 1969

My modest contribution ...

Thanks agin Cath for these freebees.

Dance-01-Iray.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 429K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited July 2015

MEC4D said:
    To convert .max files you need 3DS Max to be installed , there are no converters for .max and even if you find like 3D Exploration it still ask for 3DS Max ..
    on the other hand you can convert .3ds files to OBJ using Poser , import as .3ds and export as .obj .. .max not supported again

A nice simple program that will do conversions from several formats to obj...
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/47408/gallery/11/Poser/PropViewer-3.2

And of course most full-featured modeling programs will do it, too.

For things like the headphone cord, I usually 'remove' it and use

This
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=6590

or

This
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=19756

or
    This
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=22465

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    Turbo Squid have a lot of models that can't be used commercially due to copy rights of the 3D Trade mark , what sense to purchase a car model for $199 if you can't use it beside in hobby renderings only

Scavenger said:
    It's weird that I haven't found a walkman model out there (other than like Turbo Squid's $5000 ones)

...I'm surprised Valandar or Art Collaborations didn't create one
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    MEC4D said:
    To convert .max files you need 3DS Max to be installed , there are no converters for .max and even if you find like 3D Exploration it still ask for 3DS Max ..
    on the other hand you can convert .3ds files to OBJ using Poser , import as .3ds and export as .obj .. .max not supported again

...both Hexagon and Carrara can convert .3ds.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

I'm going to take a whack at making a static prop Walkman.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    mjc1016 said:
    MEC4D said:

Yes, and so does that 4-letter word that begins with a B (well, it's really more than 4 letters, but way to many think it should be 4 letters...) :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    mjc1016 said:
    MEC4D said:

Yes, and so does that 4-letter word that begins with a B (well, it's really more than 4 letters, but way to many think it should be 4 letters...) :)

:question: :question: :question:

edited December 1969

I think he means Blender, Cho.

edited December 1969

SixDs said:

Yep...especially because it was in reply to KK who has the same aversion to Blender that I have to Barney, the purple dinosaur and Teletubbies...

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Dear Cath,

A belated happy birthday to you, and congratulations on your 15th anniversary in the field! You are awesome! Thank you very much for your beautiful presents =)

I'm likely to be among the youngest in this thread (1985 is when I was born), so I'm a bit jealous because you got to experience that time for real. Those fashions were soo cute...

Here's a quick render I put together. Done in 3Delight with my custom RSL shaders, and for the fabrics I used textures from Marieah's packs here.

cathbirthday.jpg
    640 x 1120 - 224K
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the great gifts. Wishing you a birthday filled with happiness and a year filled with everything beautiful.

• chachahchachah Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot for all those great gifts. Happy birthday. I wish you a bright long life, as generous as you are.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    Did not finished texturing yet just testing the rigging and editing

here some shots used just Darius base

Like him very stylish clothes ... looks like Ricardo Tubbs from Miami Vice, only the background need more pastellic tones :)

edited July 2015

mjc1016 said:
    SixDs said:

Yep...especially because it was in reply to KK who has the same aversion to Blender that I have to Barney, the purple dinosaur and Teletubbies...
    ...darn straight.;-)

...along with clowns, mimes, and all of those ridiculous sporting team mascots.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Very nice render ! thank you for sharing

ewcarman said:
    Dance Off!

I'm still learning my way around lighting a scene, but this didn't turn out too bad and wanted to share. Thanks again for your generosity during your Happy Birthday Weeks.

Best Regards,
    Eric

And I like it very much ! good job thank you !

HoMart said:
    My modest contribution ...

Thanks agin Cath for these freebees.

Very nice indeed , very good 3Delight setup love it thank you for the wishes my friend !

Dear Cath,

A belated happy birthday to you, and congratulations on your 15th anniversary in the field! You are awesome! Thank you very much for your beautiful presents =)

I'm likely to be among the youngest in this thread (1985 is when I was born), so I'm a bit jealous because you got to experience that time for real. Those fashions were soo cute...

Here's a quick render I put together. Done in 3Delight with my custom RSL shaders, and for the fabrics I used textures from Marieah's packs here.

Thank you so much !

AtticAnne said:
    Thank you for the great gifts. Wishing you a birthday filled with happiness and a year filled with everything beautiful.

Thank you very much !
    Thanks a lot for all those great gifts. Happy birthday. I wish you a bright long life, as generous as you are.

I was hopping he do, little too dark for Ricardo but it was just a test
    have to edit UVs again so back into texturing again today , I was so tired yesterday .. :(
    Did not finished texturing yet just testing the rigging and editing

here some shots used just Darius base

Like him very stylish clothes ... looks like Ricardo Tubbs from Miami Vice, only the background need more pastellic tones :)

That is nice little program it convert well , I am going to use it for sure , I like the conversion from triangle to Quads very nice

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Thank you Cath, for everything. :)

exercise.jpg
    769 x 1000 - 490K
    edited July 2015

Looking cool Kat, thanks for sharing

Happy 4th July
    made for you all summer dress for Genesis 3 ,V7 , and the new little girl in the town forgot the name lol Skyler ?

Will upload in a while when the file is converted to DIM
    The scales for the main fabric are under Image editor, as I have to keep the normal maps original , so if you use own base color use the clean base version mats .

The Suit coming little later as I have to fix and figure some things

Thank you Cath, for everything. :)
    4TH7-DRESS_G3F.jpg
    2000 x 995 - 709K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited December 1969

SUMMER DRESS FOR GENESIS 3 , V7 and Skyler with Iray Mats

DOWNLOAD : https://www.dropbox.com/s/llb6s0gheugr0j0/IM00070415-01_4th7DressG3F.zip?dl=0

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited July 2015

Omg so pretty. Thank you so much. We don't celebrate in
    Ireland, obviously, but happy 4th to you :)

Post edited by Redz on
    edited December 1969

Thank you.. just simple summer dress , I often buy this summer gowns style and cut them above the knee , very comfortable lol

Redz said:
    Omg so pretty. Thank you so much. We don't celebrate in
    Ireland, obviously, but happy 4th to you :)
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633
    edited December 1969

More wonderful freebies! Thank you! I love it! :D

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Wow, another beautiful gift! Thank you!

Dana

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

It's a weird IRAY thing, that they viewpoint has often no resemblence to the rendered product...the rose patterns look wrong in viewport, but they rendered just fine.

dress.png
    1379 x 480 - 324K
  • MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Scavenger said:
    It's a weird IRAY thing, that they viewpoint has often no resemblence to the rendered product...the rose patterns look wrong in viewport, but they rendered just fine.

It is not an Iray thing, it is an Open CL thing. The viewport does not shows the tiles.

• AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    SUMMER DRESS FOR GENESIS 3 , V7 and Skyler with Iray Mats

DOWNLOAD : https://www.dropbox.com/s/llb6s0gheugr0j0/IM00070415-01_4th7DressG3F.zip?dl=0

What a nice, classy summer frock :-) Thank you so much Birthday Girl (you new superheroine secret identity LOL)