PBS Metals , Metallic Plastics and Paints shaders for Iray [commercial] Just released

Comments

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Purchased first thing this morning :) Been playing all day. These shaders are more than worth the price. :) :snake:

• Spydyr62Spydyr62 Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I have been anxiously awaiting these since I ran into this thread a while back. I bought them as soon as I saw them in the store this morning. They look wonderful. Thanks for the great work you put in to them.

Now I am off to play with my new shiny toys.

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 827
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for making these! Downloading them now in preparation for a day spent playing with them tomorrow.

I really really hope you will be doing a "Volume 2" of some sort soon.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much !

Sorry for late reply , missed the notifications .... no one at all

I spend weeks preparing the shaders and calibrating , I did not go with the Disney calibration for (Metallness/Glossiness) as it offer less flexibility for this kind of product especially if you going to add a layers .

I do working on other categories right now all PBR values and Iray ready with amazing details and forms.
    1. PBR Stone , walls, etc
    2. PBR Organic shaders , skins , eyes and FX
    3. PBR Fabrics

In process of scanning all materials for Albedo and Specular maps .. a lot of work

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Oh great more fantastic shaders. Looking forward to the fabric ones especially.

This will be another must have.

• ShawnBoothShawnBooth Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

Just purchased - can't wait to DL/install/play. Thanks for making this!

Can't wait to see the next batch of your shaders.

edited December 1969

Thanks Wendy and Shawn :)

edited December 1969

These shaders are wonderful!!!!! I cant wait for the next volume. I have been playing around with these for a couple of hours now and it it becoming evident just flexible this product is. Its basically going to be a "go to" or "workhorse" for me and will allow me to re-use a lot of older content that has been sitting in my library folder unused for a while. Thank you so much. The next volumes are going to be insta-buys without question.

I also would like to point out that you were not exaggerating at all when you stated that using the proper shaders with Iray would not only give better results but actually speed up render time significantly. More than significantly really. I only have one GTX 770 ( hobbyist here) and the image I am posting here took 3 minutes and 30 seconds. Not kidding. Not exaggerating.

The shaders used were from the following sources : PBS Metals, Metallic Plastics and Paints, Pd-SoftLather Iray, and the glass was from the shader collection that came with Studio 4.8. The hair shader is the iray material for Leyton Hair by AprilYSH and the figure is Vicky7 with the supplied Iray skin.

3min30_seconds.jpg
    988 x 827 - 369K
  • StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Ooooo Ooooooo Organics (skin, eyes...etc.) YeS!!!! :)

edited December 1969

That is very cool , thank you for sharing your feedback.
    The secret with proper shaders is about not wasting the light energy , how more clumpy the shader are how longer it will take the photons to finish so too much color or reflection can delay the render time as global illumination take also process here .
    I have totally no patience when get about rendering time but after so many tests it was really speed up so much , now I render in seconds in place of minutes lol but with my old GTX 760 it was so much better already

also one little tip , if your surface have alpha map and you just want to hide the material make sure the alpha is removed before sliding to Zero as that will increase very much rendering time , that why I included the remove Alpha tool ..
    Cutout Opacity ( original name Cutout ) in Iray is just to cut out the poly in model not for opacity like it was in 3Delight , for opacity use always Translucent channel and it does good job

I wish you rendered your scene with some outdoor HDRI would be a killer for this scene
    thanks again for sharing your experiences

Cath

Daikatana said:
    These shaders are wonderful!!!!! I cant wait for the next volume. I have been playing around with these for a couple of hours now and it it becoming evident just flexible this product is. Its basically going to be a "go to" or "workhorse" for me and will allow me to re-use a lot of older content that has been sitting in my library folder unused for a while. Thank you so much. The next volumes are going to be insta-buys without question.

I also would like to point out that you were not exaggerating at all when you stated that using the proper shaders with Iray would not only give better results but actually speed up render time significantly. More than significantly really. I only have one GTX 770 ( hobbyist here) and the image I am posting here took 3 minutes and 30 seconds. Not kidding. Not exaggerating.

The shaders used were from the following sources : PBS Metals, Metallic Plastics and Paints, Pd-SoftLather Iray, and the glass was from the shader collection that came with Studio 4.8. The hair shader is the iray material for Leyton Hair by AprilYSH and the figure is Vicky7 with the supplied Iray skin.

edited December 1969

yes, also animals eyes for creatures etc .. come with additional morphs for the eyeballs for very realistic effect , also some alien skins and other FX to add on top

Strixowl said:
    Ooooo Ooooooo Organics (skin, eyes...etc.) YeS!!!! :)
  • anton_1ff7210029anton_1ff7210029 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Are you planning on any tire (rubber) shaders?

edited December 1969

It will be included with my full automobile PBR shaders vol, everything you need to texture cars and other army automobiles very cool custom build MDL block shaders especially for this purpose so not Uber base for even faster rendering and calculation

Are you planning on any tire (rubber) shaders?
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    The secret with proper shaders is about not wasting the light energy , how more clumpy the shader are how longer it will take the photons to finish so too much color or reflection can delay the render time as global illumination take also process here .
    I have totally no patience when get about rendering time but after so many tests it was really speed up so much , now I render in seconds in place of minutes lol but with my old GTX 760 it was so much better already

also one little tip , if your surface have alpha map and you just want to hide the material make sure the alpha is removed before sliding to Zero as that will increase very much rendering time , that why I included the remove Alpha tool ..
    Cutout Opacity ( original name Cutout ) in Iray is just to cut out the poly in model not for opacity like it was in 3Delight , for opacity use always Translucent channel and it does good job

I wish you rendered your scene with some outdoor HDRI would be a killer for this scene

Cath

You suggested an outdoor HDRI, Here ya go.

"Um.. Boss, I think that left turn at Beta Jungische might have been a teeny tiny mistake"

leftturnB.jpg
    988 x 871 - 437K
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    It will be included with my full automobile PBR shaders vol, everything you need to texture cars and other army automobiles very cool custom build MDL block shaders especially for this purpose so not Uber base for even faster rendering and calculation

I guess that's another render which has to wait lol.

edited December 1969

Now you got really cool render ! I like it and it is more interesting for the eye and less like product add
    One more tip if that is ok : what I would do is get down the values of the light emissive surfaces little burned out , now when you got the HDRI it seems little too much especially on the LCD ...

Daikatana said:
    MEC4D said:

Cath

You suggested an outdoor HDRI, Here ya go.

"Um.. Boss, I think that left turn at Beta Jungische might have been a teeny tiny mistake"

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    Thank you so much !

I spend weeks preparing the shaders and calibrating , I did not go with the Disney calibration for (Metallness/Glossiness) as it offer less flexibility for this kind of product especially if you going to add a layers .

I do working on other categories right now all PBR values and Iray ready with amazing details and forms.
    3. PBR Fabrics

In process of scanning all materials for Albedo and Specular maps .. a lot of work

Cath,

Reference number 3, I'm a big fan of Ye Olde Clothe bundle. If you did a similar set to that, for Iray, I'd be first in the queue at the checkout.

Cheers,

Alex.

edited December 1969

It will be worthy waiting .. mud splashes included as smart layers too :)
    also easy adjustment for the glass head lamps and other cool stuff even the plates
    I love to work with shaders than with materials as you can get unique look you want and Iray is just build for that

MEC4D said:

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    also easy adjustment for the glass head lamps and other cool stuff even the plates
    I love to work with shaders than with materials as you can get unique look you want and Iray is just build for that

MEC4D said:

Sounds very promising!

So, DAZ Soon or 2016? :zip:

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Have bought your shaders yesterday evening, but unfortunetely not enough time today to test them really.

Looks like you have a lot of work in the next weeks with all the next PSB shader packs in your schedule. I really love your ideas ...

Stone, Walls etc. - hopefully with great bump maps for some better and realistic effects (most of the current stone shaders looks in Iray very flat)

Organic - oh yes, please, but if Grass counts as organic, how about some grass, similar to your hair with shaders in different greens

Fabrics - very very welcome, hopefully with real structures like Fine rip for Tank Tops or or real velvet for festive gowns and jackets, not forget to mention some laces and brocades.

edited December 1969

I will have to visit old classic fabric store in Manhattan to scan some of them with my portable scanner
    the list is so huge and I want to cover as much as I can , it will be a mega monster pack lol

thanks , added to the list

MEC4D said:
    Thank you so much !

3. PBR Fabrics

Cath,

Reference number 3, I'm a big fan of Ye Olde Clothe bundle. If you did a similar set to that, for Iray, I'd be first in the queue at the checkout.

Cheers,

Alex.

edited December 1969

Soon enough I will say , I am working on it still but that will be my next product as well

MEC4D said:

MEC4D said:

Sounds very promising!

So, DAZ Soon or 2016? :zip:

edited December 1969

Oh yeah ! no flat pictures on the walls please ..for me it need to look real and deep , I create 3D normal not 2d that is huge difference all normal maps you have in the store are picture based not geometry , I model it before extracting the normal maps

for organic yes, leaves and grass shaders and all stuff we need everyday for our work so when you replace your old materials it will be alive again ..

fabrics yes all sort of fabrics , did I mention real PBR leather ? because so far all I saw was synthetic rubber to me
    silk, velvet , laces and really cool fabrics as much as I cab do in the time and space as I need that as much as you do.
    I have a lot in my library but need more

Have bought your shaders yesterday evening, but unfortunetely not enough time today to test them really.

Looks like you have a lot of work in the next weeks with all the next PSB shader packs in your schedule. I really love your ideas ...

Stone, Walls etc. - hopefully with great bump maps for some better and realistic effects (most of the current stone shaders looks in Iray very flat)

Organic - oh yes, please, but if Grass counts as organic, how about some grass, similar to your hair with shaders in different greens

Fabrics - very very welcome, hopefully with real structures like Fine rip for Tank Tops or or real velvet for festive gowns and jackets, not forget to mention some laces and brocades.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    I will have to visit old classic fabric store in Manhattan to scan some of them with my portable scanner
    Be careful with that. Many fabrics are copyrighted. Check before you get into trouble.
    edited December 1969

I know that .. today you can't even make a 3D ceiling lamp without permission everything patented

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:
    Be careful with that. Many fabrics are copyrighted. Check before you get into trouble.
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    Oh yeah ! no flat pictures on the walls please ..for me it need to look real and deep , I create 3D normal not 2d that is huge difference all normal maps you have in the store are picture based not geometry , I model it before extracting the normal maps

for organic yes, leaves and grass shaders and all stuff we need everyday for our work so when you replace your old materials it will be alive again ..

fabrics yes all sort of fabrics , did I mention real PBR leather ? because so far all I saw was synthetic rubber to me
    silk, velvet , laces and really cool fabrics as much as I cab do in the time and space as I need that as much as you do.
    I have a lot in my library but need more

After seeing what the right shaders can do by playing with "volume 1" today, all I have to say is this " You make it, I'll buy it"

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    I know that .. today you can't even make a 3D ceiling lamp without permission everything patented

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:
    Good to know you are aware of the issues and there will be no problems. Looking forward to the product. :coolsmile:
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    Now you got really cool render ! I like it and it is more interesting for the eye and less like product add
    One more tip if that is ok : what I would do is get down the values of the light emissive surfaces little burned out , now when you got the HDRI it seems little too much especially on the LCD ...

Will take a shot at that when I next have free time. Thanks for all the help! This product is really making IRay much nicer to play with and learn about. I wonder, can I re-do all my older content with the new shaders and somehow save that as a materials preload??? I bet I can somehow.....

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

I'm just sayin', if you make IRay mats for those pastries available, it is an instant purchase of both pastries and IRay matpack. (And all those other nommable goodies. I like the sculpts etc but those custom mats you made were so breathtaking.)

edited December 1969

Yes you can save as material preset for the full model

Daikatana said:
    MEC4D said:

Will take a shot at that when I next have free time. Thanks for all the help! This product is really making IRay much nicer to play with and learn about. I wonder, can I re-do all my older content with the new shaders and somehow save that as a materials preload??? I bet I can somehow.....