PBS Metals , Metallic Plastics and Paints shaders for Iray [commercial] Just released

1246710

Comments

  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

    It always bugged me that e.g. metals are very shiny and clean, especially for structures. Seriously, who polishes e.g. metal gazebo on a daily basis? Looking forward to this to add more realism.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,209
    edited December 1969

    Thanks, yes actually you can add some dust over the desired metal to get the dirty look , also patterns can change the surface shine so well .. when Oxidation happening the metal lose the PBR metal value , we know it is metal but for the physical world the surface is something else , so for the best effect of used metal use brushed metals 12 as base and then pattern on top or dust or dirt

    Working on Organic top layers now, so you can add effects on top like weathering or alien blood splashes and other funky stuff also automobile separate standalone shaders not included with standard DS


    It always bugged me that e.g. metals are very shiny and clean, especially for structures. Seriously, who polishes e.g. metal gazebo on a daily basis? Looking forward to this to add more realism.
  • XtraDimensionalXtraDimensional Posts: 508
    edited December 1969

    I know this isn't the thread for it, but I don't think there is one for the skins/characters yet, so forgive me for asking here? Will you be releasing a G3 character/skin shader?

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,209
    edited December 1969

    Yes for sure , just finishing other products before .. also working on eye shaders and correct morphs , human and animals eyes ..very cool and very realistic for Iray
    There is no way to have universal shader for skin as not all maps have the correct values so in place of doing compromises I will do full set also

    I know this isn't the thread for it, but I don't think there is one for the skins/characters yet, so forgive me for asking here? Will you be releasing a G3 character/skin shader?
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

    Ok... I can't wait much longer.

    The onslaught of un-physically correct materials is starting to give me a migraine.

  • StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

    Still here :coolsmile:

  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

    I have 3 renders which I can't complete until this has been released lol.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,209
    edited December 1969

    Monday it is here 2:00 am NYT and I guess 8 am for Europe :)

  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

    MEC4D said:
    Monday it is here 2:00 am NYT and I guess 8 am for Europe :)

    And in the cart :)

  • Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 249
    edited June 2015

    MEC4D said:
    Monday it is here 2:00 am NYT and I guess 8 am for Europe :)

    And in the cart :)

    i was faster ;)
    and installed

    One Question why are 15x !Reset Surface in the install ? (Under Utilities)
    I think a bug or ?

    Post edited by Twilight76 on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,209
    edited June 2015

    It is 1 in each folder category .. myself and many I know don't works via smart content with shaders but direct from folders it is easy to reset than looking for it in the all folders also the same for the Tile tools

    Thank you for the support and if anything I am here to help with for the best results

    Jennyver said:
    MEC4D said:
    Monday it is here 2:00 am NYT and I guess 8 am for Europe :)

    And in the cart :)

    i was faster ;)
    and installed

    One Question why are 15x !Reset Surface in the install ? (Under Utilities)
    I think a bug or ?

    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

    MEC4D said:
    It is 1 in each folder category .. myself and many I know don't works via smart content with shaders but direct from folders it is easy to reset than looking for it in the all folders also the same for the Tile tools

    Thank you for the support and if anything I am here to help with for the best results

    Jennyver said:
    MEC4D said:
    Monday it is here 2:00 am NYT and I guess 8 am for Europe :)

    And in the cart :)

    i was faster ;)
    and installed

    One Question why are 15x !Reset Surface in the install ? (Under Utilities)
    I think a bug or ?

    A thx :) This is the Problem

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,209
    edited December 1969

    You can remove the 14 and left just 1 if it bother you as it will not affect anything else

    Jennyver said:
    MEC4D said:
    It is 1 in each folder category .. myself and many I know don't works via smart content with shaders but direct from folders it is easy to reset than looking for it in the all folders also the same for the Tile tools

    Thank you for the support and if anything I am here to help with for the best results

    Jennyver said:
    MEC4D said:
    Monday it is here 2:00 am NYT and I guess 8 am for Europe :)

    And in the cart :)

    i was faster ;)
    and installed

    One Question why are 15x !Reset Surface in the install ? (Under Utilities)
    I think a bug or ?

    A thx :) This is the Problem

  • Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 249
    edited June 2015

    no problem i use the folders now ;)
    It's faster this way and better to navigate in the folders

    p.s: love the smart layers

    Post edited by Twilight76 on
  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 703
    edited June 2015

    Thank you! Just bought now. Also, your marketing materials contain excellent information about PBR - you are doing so much to help educate the community on the advantage and stunning results of using true PBR materials in the amazing iRay renderer now included with DAZ !

    Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

    I guess it's trial and error, instead of a user guide :)

  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,773
    edited December 1969

    Grabbed not as soon as I woke up, but maybe 2 minutes after - the pc had to start .... ;)

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,209
    edited December 1969

    That was smart move !
    first you choice your metal base then after the top layer and done easy and quick .

    the base will always reset the surface so if you made mistake use undo
    and choice another smart layer

    I am working on some freebie for everyone that purchased PBS shaders with additional smart layers will upload tomorrow here .

    also if your light is HDRI use the metals used 12 or metals brushed 12 as they was especially calibrated for HDRI maps to blend better
    use 100 for scene only light or for under dust layers

    once you get in the routine it is quick and easy , all materials have PBR values , you can freely change the glossiness of the metal bases only under top coat as it will not affect the values

    Have much fun and I hope to see some cool renders!

    Jennyver said:
    no problem i use the folders now ;)
    It's faster this way and better to navigate in the folders

    p.s: love the smart layers

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,209
    edited December 1969

    Thank you, it is mostly for new people that did not followed our threads here , having the right values will speed up the rendering and tye visual effect will be better , it is a big transition but once everyone catch on it it will be so much easier

    bohemian3 said:
    Thank you! Just bought now. Also, your marketing materials contain excellent information about PBR - you are doing so much to help educate the community on the advantage and stunning results of using true PBR materials in the amazing iRay renderer now included with DAZ !
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,209
    edited December 1969

    If anything I am at your service here !

    I guess it's trial and error, instead of a user guide :)
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,209
    edited December 1969

    Thanks Simon

    SimonJM said:
    Grabbed not as soon as I woke up, but maybe 2 minutes after - the pc had to start .... ;)
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,954
    edited December 1969

    Whoa -- okay, I'm sorry, but are those donuts on a silver platter also rendered, and do we get amazing organic mats at some point? 'Cause WHOA. That's life-like so seriously that it isn't even funny anymore. I keep drooling at them!

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,209
    edited June 2015

    Yeah! 3D but that are 3D scanned donuts I purchased in the store here just made my own materials for Iray , I am gluten sensitive for the last couple of months so all I can just drooling over the 3D scans lol

    Skiriki said:
    Whoa -- okay, I'm sorry, but are those donuts on a silver platter also rendered, and do we get amazing organic mats at some point? 'Cause WHOA. That's life-like so seriously that it isn't even funny anymore. I keep drooling at them!
    11_promo_MEC4D_PBS_Shaders_for_Iray_vol.1_DAZ3D_.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,954
    edited December 1969

    :bug:

    OMG. OMG. OMG.

    Any plan to release those IRay mats too, 'cause I totally need them.

  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 3,979
    edited December 1969

    MEC4D said:
    Here some renders with the PBR materials
    I used

    Chrome 12
    Titanium 1.8 for the dark Car Paint
    X-Red-Met_for the Car Paint
    X-Yellow-Met_for the Car Paint

    render time 1 min per image on GTX 760


    looks so real like a photo

  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

    Skiriki said:
    :bug:

    OMG. OMG. OMG.

    Any plan to release those IRay mats too, 'cause I totally need them.

    Available at Krispy Kreme %-P

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,954
    edited December 1969

    Available at Krispy Kreme %-P

    We can no haz Krispy Kreme. :down:

  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,207
    edited December 1969

    In my cart for buying this week! :cheese:

  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 3,313
    edited December 1969

    Downloading now . . . .

  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

    Instant buy. Thanks Cath, these look great.

Sign In or Register to comment.