GENESIS 3

Comments

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited June 2015

adzan said:
    well that's just weird, so I must be doing something wrong

start ds, empty scene, single click on fashion pose 14, click on the active options pane, create poser companion file,
    apply to g3f in Poser with Poser Unimesh ticked as I would for any other genesis figure ????
    even tried loading it with the poser tradition skinning method which is on by default..

well i've got no idea

not that it matters, only tried it because of a thread on another site, haven't done this 3d larking in years and probably wont for more

I see what you mean by the poke throughs
    This is Genesis 3 Female with the Heavy morph at 50%
    Wearing my Road Predator outfit. Not released yet
    G3_Poser.jpg
    1920 x 1042 - 376K
    Post edited by Midnight_stories on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    edited June 2015

TRRazor said:
    well that’s just weird, so I must be doing something wrong

Last time I checked Poser's background color wasn't purple.
    The screenshot you attached to your post looks very much like a DAZ Studio screenshot.

Could you show the same character posed like that in a Poser viewport, please?

Poser's background colour is whatever one wants it to to be. The shadows look like those of Poser default lights moved slightly...

EDIT! WOAH! What's your secret, Midnight Stories? ")

Post edited by WandW on
  • edited December 1969

The question about versions is probably pretty relevant. I know that

Go to Genesis 3 in Daz Studio
    Right click tab
    Create poser companion file
    Go to Poser
    Open companion file
    Results in a skinless, badly rigged mess.

I also noticed that in Poser, when I load G2, it goes through a much longer process. More things are being accessed to load it. Clearly there is some kind of disconnect.

Also, even if it did load properly, does it work well enough to use reliably? I suppose I can just give it a few weeks.

• TRRazorTRRazor Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

EDIT! WOAH! What’s your secret, Midnight Stories? “)

Would also be interested to know, how you got Genesis 3 into your PoserPro 2014.
    Is that the fully rigged figure in there, or simply an .obj export?

Thanks for your tips, in advance :)

edited December 1969

treewrx said:

I also noticed that in Poser, when I load G2, it goes through a much longer process. More things are being accessed to load it. Clearly there is some kind of disconnect.

I suspect that it's partly because it is the base figure only, with no morphs to load...
  • edited December 1969

WandW said:
    treewrx said:

I suspect that it's partly because it is the base figure only, with no morphs to load...

Well, I do have the morph back and the expression pack as well...

edited December 1969

treewrx said:
    WandW said:
    treewrx said:

Interesting. The skinning is different from the previous Genesis versions, so there must be less translation involved to load the rig . Of course, it doesn't work! :lol:

• edited December 1969

WandW said:
    treewrx said:
    WandW said:
    treewrx said:

Interesting. The skinning is different from the previous Genesis versions, so there must be less translation involved to load the rig . Of course, it doesn't work! :lol:

I hear ya. I think we're just torturing ourselves trying to get it accessed so fast, but those bends are so hard to ignore.

edited June 2015

Care to elaborate, midnight_stories ?

Post edited by TRRazor on
    edited June 2015

TRRazor said:
    Care to elaborate, midnight_stories ?

Got to talk to DAZ first ! Will do a Video tutorial.
    Expression don't work due to they are not morph driven.
    Have got the clothing working now. and yes all the bends work.
    Will also talk to DAZ about the expression it may only be unhiding the bones to fix.
    I've only messed around with a few Hrs so will try and iron out the bugs.
    It's totally different method to what the other person is doing I've only done it twice so bit more testing.
    Hang in there !

P.S 1.00 in the morning here so hitting the bed zzzzzzzzzzzz

G3_Poser.jpg
    764 x 1100 - 447K
    Post edited by Midnight_stories on
    edited December 1969

Cool beans! Can one save a scene from Poser?

Sweet Dreams... :)

edited December 1969

WandW said:
    Cool beans! Can one save a scene from Poser?

Sweet Dreams... :)

Yes you can !
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

Somehow I have the feeling that if G3/V7 is ever going to work in Poser -- even if it must be fiddled with after importing -- it will be the users, not Daz in-house, that figure it out. And when that day comes I'll probably shift to the G3s from the old Gen 4s (depending on how cross-compatible with my old characters it is, would hate to lose my favorite M4 & V4 skins that I'm still using on Genesis 2 whenever I play with it) but now it's wait and see.

But yeah, those bends are mighty hard to resist.

edited June 2015

Got to talk to DAZ first ! Will do a Video tutorial.
    Expression don’t work due to they are not morph driven.
    Have got the clothing working now. and yes all the bends work.
    Will also talk to DAZ about the expression it may only be unhiding the bones to fix.
    I’ve only messed around with a few Hrs so will try and iron out the bugs.
    It’s totally different method to what the other person is doing I’ve only done it twice so bit more testing.
    Hang in there !

P.S 1.00 in the morning here so hitting the bed zzzzzzzzzzzz]

Not sure why you would need permission first, since you're not sharing any files at all, but thanks a bunch for your efforts in making this work. I'm certain that there are a lot of users looking forward to your explanations - me included :)

Thanks a lot and sleep well ^^

Post edited by TRRazor on
  • edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Somehow I have the feeling that if G3/V7 is ever going to work in Poser -- even if it must be fiddled with after importing -- it will be the users, not Daz in-house, that figure it out. And when that day comes I'll probably shift to the G3s from the old Gen 4s (depending on how cross-compatible with my old characters it is, would hate to lose my favorite M4 & V4 skins that I'm still using on Genesis 2 whenever I play with it) but now it's wait and see.

I just need to take a breath and realize when new stuff comes out, it's really not going to be usable in any real capacity until about a month or two in.

edited June 2015

Byrdie said:

I had Genesis 3 open in Studio when my wife happened by and she commented on its realism.

What does work seems to work better in Poser than Genesis 1 or 2 does. Dual Quaternion Skinning would be a reasonable addition to Poser, so it may work out well in the long run.

As an aside, since I've installed Studio 4.8, I've gotten to try Iray; much faster than I expected (I have a Radeon card). I'll have to compare it to Reality when its next version comes out...

Not sure why you would need permission first, since you're not sharing any files at all, but thanks a bunch for your efforts in making this work. I'm certain that there are a lot of users looking forward to your explanations - me included :)

I got the impression it was a technical question that needed to be asked. The expression dials seem to work for me, except it only smiles on the right, likely a rig issue...

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

Anybody know where the newest version of the importer is hiding? Does not show an update in DIM and all I see when I try to download manually is version 1.2.0.12, which I already have and is even a bit buggy on the G2 stuff sometimes.

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Images have a purple look as I didn't add a background in poser and the forum software adds the colour to a transparent png.

I have no morphs except those offered with the free G3F Starter Essentials that downloads with DIM so it possibly isn't using the new skinning methods, but I don't know anything about how Genesis 3 works so I really wouldn't know.

Poser 2014 patch 5.28925, DS 4.8.0.59, DSON Poser Importer 1.1.3.50

Image2a.jpg
    780 x 469 - 66K
    edited June 2015

Byrdie said:
    Anybody know where the newest version of the importer is hiding? Does not show an update in DIM and all I see when I try to download manually is version 1.2.0.12, which I already have and is even a bit buggy on the G2 stuff sometimes.

? new version, Dim hasn't offered me a new version, i'm still on 1.1.3.50
    Perhaps I should update and see if it explodes the mesh
    I'll just update and report back

Post edited by adzan on
    edited June 2015

Yeah, it's gotta be the importer that's buggering mine up. Running the same DS and Poser versions you are but can't get the darn DSON plugin. Maybe there's a cache I need to clear?

Edit: never mind, I'm a dingaling. Off now to hunt for my old DSON plugin.

Post edited by Byrdie on
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:

AFAIK that's the newest version. I use 1.1.3.50...
    edited December 1969

Yup Updated to DSON Poser Importer 1.2.0.12 and everything exploded, so i'm happy to report G3F doesn't work in Poser now lol

edited December 1969

Yup Updated to DSON Poser Importer 1.2.0.12 and everything exploded, so i’m happy to report G3F doesn’t work in Poser now lol

Don't want to jump to conclusions quite yet, but does that mean that DAZ3D crippled the DSON Imported purposely, to render it unable to Import G3 / V7 based figures and characters?

edited June 2015

TRRazor said:
    Yup Updated to DSON Poser Importer 1.2.0.12 and everything exploded, so i’m happy to report G3F doesn’t work in Poser now lol

Don't want to jump to conclusions quite yet, but does that mean that DAZ3D crippled the DSON Imported purposely, to render it unable to Import G3 / V7 based figures and characters?

Wouldn't know.
    but WandW is using the same older DSON version as I was and is getting the distortion while I wasn't

Post edited by adzan on
    edited June 2015

adzan said:

Poser 2014 patch 5.28925, DS 4.8.0.59, DSON Poser Importer 1.1.3.50

Exactly what I have. I went and deleted the DSON cache, the Genesis 3 auto adapted files and cr2 and even downgraded PPGame Dev to PP2014, and still the same; you are the Golden Child. DAZ always loved you Best!!! :lol:

EDIT; I did have the newer version of the Importer installed a while back before reverting; perhaps it left some residue...

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

adzan said:

Yup Updated to DSON Poser Importer 1.2.0.12 and everything exploded, so i'm happy to report G3F doesn't work in Poser now lol

If you reinstall the old one does it work?

edited December 1969

Apparently G3F seems to be working to some extent, but how about V7 ?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    edited December 1969

TRRazor said:
    Don't want to jump to conclusions quite yet, but does that mean that DAZ3D crippled the DSON Imported purposely, to render it unable to Import G3 / V7 based figures and characters?More likely they broke something when trying to fix something else... ;)
    Remember that G3F doesn't use the same rigging system as G1 or G2, so they may not have noticed it when testing the new version.
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    adzan said:

If you reinstall the old one does it work?

Just uninstalled 1.2 and reinstalled 1.1.3.50 and indeed it does work again ??

edited June 2015

A Warning before I say this - Don't do this unless you make backups, can reinstall and know which daz data files to delete if it doesn't work.

Has anyone tried using DS to convert the V7 rigging from General Weight to TriAx Weight.
    The figure would probably load into poser but I'm not sure the expressions would work. I don't have the morphs or V7 and wont be getting them.
    Remember - don't overwrite your original V7, because it will change the way ds uses the figure and break things...

A Warning after I've said it so you don't hunt me down and beat me with sticks - Don't do this it'll probably break your V7 and affect your DS software until the end of time lol

Post edited by adzan on