PBS Metals , Metallic Plastics and Paints shaders for Iray [commercial] Just released

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited June 2015

Yes Simon the magic button is there lol
    I will make video to show how things works the easy way.. all you need to do just click a button
    choice metal, then top layer or micro surface and then choice the size of tilling with the presets .

here are the micro surfaces and patterns you add to you PBS metals included with this set .

TOTAL 167 SHADER PRESETS IN TOTAL

YOU CAN CREATE MORE THAN 2000 UNIQUE METAL LOOKS

also big card preview will allow you to see exactly what you adding to the surface

SimonJM said:
    Wow! They do look very good!

A question - would there be a (simple) way to alter the pattern of the oxidation/pitting/flaking, etc.?

CARD-BIB.jpg
    704 x 485 - 169K
    IRAY-MICRO-SURFACES-AND-PATTERN-MEC4D-2015.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 864K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Me wants bad. Hope they aren't released while I'm out of town.

edited December 1969

Thanks, I guess the release will be at the end of this month as usual I hope around 24-25

Strixowl said:
    Me wants bad. Hope they aren't released while I'm out of town.
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

Those oxydation shaders look great, eagerly awaiting release.

edited December 1969

Thank you, I may add little more today like tarnished shaders and I am done !

MarcCCTx said:
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:

MarcCCTx said:

Any chance of a very distresssed leather shader, so I could render my wallet? ;)
    edited December 1969

I am going working on PBS fabric and leather as next product so you get the max from Iray

SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

MarcCCTx said:

Any chance of a very distresssed leather shader, so I could render my wallet? ;)
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Exquisite, really.
    I can not wait.
    But shall.
    :)

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 827
    edited June 2015

MEC4D said:
    I am going working on PBS fabric and leather as next product so you get the max from Iray

SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

MarcCCTx said:

I just realized that I am going to be packing my lunch for work for the next few months at least. Oh well, at least it's a healthier diet and seems to be offsetting all the time I am sitting at the computer. I wonder if anyone is doing wood, stone and ground cover type shaders?

Post edited by Daikatana on
    edited December 1969

Thank you !

Ippotamus said:
    Exquisite, really.
    I can not wait.
    But shall.
    :)
    edited December 1969

Lol that was funny , I am doing also PBS wood shaders already prepared albedo textures and also fabrics and leather with PBR values to cover the most important stuff from my PBR library since you know I am doing that for the last couple of years so the library grow :)

Daikatana said:
    MEC4D said:

SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

MarcCCTx said:

I just realized that I am going to be packing my lunch for work for the next few months at least. Oh well, at least it's a healthier diet and seems to be offsetting all the time I am sitting at the computer. I wonder if anyone is doing wood, stone and ground cover type shaders?

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Oh now I'm really excited. I love shaders. I painted with oils & acrylics before coming into 3D years ago and I've always considered shaders my paint & brushes. Looking forward to your full line for Iray :)

edited December 1969

I painted with oils & acrylics until 1998 .. was my number one activities then switched to digital world :)

Strixowl said:
    Oh now I'm really excited. I love shaders. I painted with oils & acrylics before coming into 3D years ago and I've always considered shaders my paint & brushes. Looking forward to your full line for Iray :)
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    I painted with oils & acrylics until 1998 .. was my number one activities then switched to digital world :)

Strixowl said:

Talented, see? ;)
    edited December 1969

Simon I graduate of Visual Arts that was and is still my life passion so painting of any kind was part of my daily life between 1975-1998 then switched to digital , all my oil painting now are in general doors and window frames :P

... back to topic

SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

Strixowl said:

Talented, see? ;)
    edited June 2015

Here some more examples , of course the scale can be controlled by the tilling preset
    fully re-textured with just the shaders

choppy_rusted_paint.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 624K
    choppy_rusted_paint_yellow.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 661K
    choppy_rusted_paint_ironman.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 505K
    choppy_rusted_paint_iron.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 543K
    choppy_rusted_paint_copper.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 614K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited December 1969

I tore the pages off my calendar to make it the end of June and looked, but the shaders still were not available. I guess I have to go back to inventing a time machine ;)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    Here some more examples , of course the scale can be controlled by the tilling preset
    fully re-textured with just the shaders

"Oil can! Oil can!" ;-P

Consider my gast completely flabbered — this looks absolutely fantastic. Really looking forward to playing with some metals once I have this installed.

edited December 1969

Thanks ! you will have a lot to play with here shot of the folders

shaders-previe_mec4d2.jpg
    1242 x 599 - 319K
    shaders-previe_mec4d1.jpg
    1437 x 853 - 727K
    shaders-previe_mec4d0.jpg
    1445 x 850 - 733K
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:

Possible file name glitch? In between the Cobalt and Copper files at the top of the second pic, there's a "Cold" — should this be "GOLD", or what?

One minor thing... or maybe not so minor. All those file names have hyphens-separating-words. The content tab display has never been able to split these names into words properly, which means we always get
    long content na
    mes split in mi
    d-word. It make
    s things less easy to read and understand. Could we have words as words, please, with spaces in between them? I normally fix hyphenated names as soon as I install them, but with hundreds of names here, that's way too much.

edited June 2015

Yes Yes that are my draw test folder files the final names are normal like Gold 12 Brushed and not Gold-12-Brushed
    so please ignore the names like the "COLD" I am packing today and rename everything to the correct names and style and sections as each category get into separate folder

P.S I am adding right now additional PBR ready surface like gun paint and others to go with the metals so I have all covered

MEC4D said:

Possible file name glitch? In between the Cobalt and Copper files at the top of the second pic, there's a "Cold" — should this be "GOLD", or what?

One minor thing... or maybe not so minor. All those file names have hyphens-separating-words. The content tab display has never been able to split these names into words properly, which means we always get
    long content na
    mes split in mi
    d-word. It make
    s things less easy to read and understand. Could we have words as words, please, with spaces in between them? I normally fix hyphenated names as soon as I install them, but with hundreds of names here, that's way too much.

Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited December 1969

Excellent! :cheese:

edited June 2015

Here are the final Categories and all shaders for Iray PBR ready

Uh Oh that was crazy time setup ! but finally done ! 239 presets !

02_MEC4D_PBS_Metals_Plastic_Paints_shaders_for_Iray_daz3d_.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 741K
    01_MEC4D_PBS_Metals_Plastic_Paints_shaders_for_Iray_daz3d_.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited December 1969

Looks better than good!

In the top image on far right you have an "anotized surface", did you mean anodized?
    In bottom image, bottom right you have the 'label' of "Metal Bruched Base"

edited December 1969

My eagle eyed Simon ! thanks... I was so tired yesterday so much names to edit thanks for the correction

Well there are no other true values for PBR metals for Iray so that are the only true metal surface you can get at last for the base
    I may do in the future additional patterns and smart layer for this set as well

the groups labeled "Base " can be used with smart layers on top of it for different effects
    also the metal labeled 12 are the most fitting HDRI maps scenes
    the pure metals are to use with smart layers and patterns

I have still tones of PBR materials to convert to Iray

SimonJM said:
    Looks better than good!

In the top image on far right you have an "anotized surface", did you mean anodized?
    In bottom image, bottom right you have the 'label' of "Metal Bruched Base"

edited December 1969

One other little spelling mistook, "Oxidation" doesn't have a "y" in it.

Really, really looking forward to this. And plastic and paint materials as well! :coolsmile:

edited June 2015

The fact that it does have to do with Oxygen no it is Oxidation :)
    thanks ! I made one more mistake with "Metalic " but corrected it already :)

I used different cards with objects to easy recognize the materials you use and memorize
    like brushed metals will have the no polished surface or everyday used polished metals like 12

when you build up your material use always the pure metal and add on top dust, scratches or oxidation for best result
    and you will have 100% accurate PBR surface

Used metals 12 are matching the most HDRI maps and blend naturally
    they have the same PBR values but slightly less reflective as are used and not totally new.
    Pure metals are only the moment after they was melted but proffered to be used as mirror surfaces, so go for pure silver if you need a mirror surface
    I am working on video showing it in action in real time and how to get it to work the best way , once you get familiar with each surface it is easy to work with.

The only thing you can change for your taste and still have perfect PBR value is the glossiness of each surface so more shine or less is all good or adding bump or normal maps of your choice

It is very complex set but very easy to use
    The longest rendering time is for Spray metals as they use metal particles the rest render and clean in seconds

One other little spelling mistook, "Oxidation" doesn't have a "y" in it.

Really, really looking forward to this. And plastic and paint materials as well! :coolsmile:

Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited December 1969

Some Golden previews , the props don't deserve to be gold but it show nicely the shader on different surfaces
    do you know that the gold in the DS base shader is just 58% of the pure gold ?

Egyptian pharaoh Tutankhamen's famous burial mask was made of 24K pure gold but we don't use it much in the pure form as it is too soft for jewelry or other objects we use on a daily basic that why it is mixed with silver , copper and other metals, the density of gold is so dense that it can be made so tinny until it become transparent .....all PBS Gold shaders are ready for your disposition

03_MEC4D_PBS_Metals_Plastic_Paints_shaders_for_Iray_daz3d_.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I stock some for you Simon .. :)

SimonJM said:
    Looks better than good!

pure_gold_24k_mec4d_iray_nvidia.jpg
    999 x 1112 - 309K
  • NoName99NoName99 Posts: 322
    edited December 1969

These shaders look awesome. Really nice job I can't wait to get these.