Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin [Commercial]

Comments

• savannasavanna Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

Thank you for answer me @ Gone :)
    I see in Garibaldi no textures.Than i load a scene in Daz studio from the Freebie by Garibaldi. Than i closed Daz Studio and starts DAz Studio again. ta daaaaaaaaa i see textures :) I dont have My library. I have Content and studio. In Studio are all Items in it und in content other. I copy all from Content and i past in Studio. So i can find all. I test it with My Library, but Daz Studio doesn't work correctly. Is so the best for me. Hmm where i can find other Freebies from Garibaldi Express? I hope you can read my broken english.
    Have a nice Sunday :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Garibaldi 1.1 and more freebies: http://www.garibaldiexpress.com/beta.php

edited December 1969

Thank you, i musst learn to install the .zip to Garibaldi :)

• Ralf1958Ralf1958 Posts: 688
    edited June 2015

Is Garibaldi working with Iray?
    Edit: Don't mind. Sorry for this question, I just saw it was made already.

Post edited by Ralf1958 on
    edited December 1969

Gibt es ein korrektur tool bei garibaldi? Fals man bei Paint zuviel Haare gemacht hat? Z.b auf der Nase, in den Augen?
    Is there a correction tool in Garibaldi? Fals you have done too much hair in Paint? E.g. on the nose, in the eye?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Change the brush colour to black and paint over the section you want to remove.
    Pinselfarbe zu schwarz ändern und die unerwünschte Fläche übermalen ...

edited December 1969

Danke.
    Wie bekomme ich die Textur in das Fenster Texture Control Fenster, wenn keine vorhanden ist und nur dort steht New Texture?
    Damit ich nerve mit meinen Fragen, wäre ein Deutsches Tutorial sehr hilfreich, oder ein Deutscher Workshop?!
    Danke.
    Thank you.
    How do I get the texture in the Texture Control Window, if one does not exist and there is only New Texture?
    So I nerve with my questions, a German tutorial would be very helpful, or a German Workshop ?! Thank you

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited December 1969

I've only had the program for just over a day (most of which has been spent reading the mammoth forum threads which seem to be the only documentation!), but this is what I've got working for me. You have to import your texture while you're on the 'Paint' screen, then it will be available to you in the 'texture' dropdown on the next screen. What you'll need to import is a folder containing your files, rather than the files themselves. Your textures should be 1024px by 1024px, in png format and given the same name as the the surface to which they will be applied (e.g 1_SkinFace.png etc). Lots of experimenting helps :)

Anyway, this is my first proper attempt after doing all that reading, and even though it's obvious I've still got a lot to learn, I can't believe I did it. The only thing that amazes me more is how kind it is to my lowly 32bit 4GBRAM machine. The image below shows two renders cobbled together in Photoshop, but each took under four minutes to render with standard Daz lights. I was watching Task Manager the whole time and physical memory usage never went above 43%.

Here's Gen, convinced that the England football team are going to win the Euro 2016 tournament. This hairdo is called 'Extreme Optimism' :) Ropey though it is, I still can't believe I did it myself :)

Garibaldi.jpg
    640 x 480 - 102K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

dclane said:
    I've only had the program for just over a day (most of which has been spent reading the mammoth forum threads which seem to be the only documentation!), but this is what I've got working for me. You have to import your texture while you're on the 'Paint' screen, then it will be available to you in the 'texture' dropdown on the next screen. What you'll need to import is a folder containing your files, rather than the files themselves. Your textures should be 1024px by 1024px, in png format and given the same name as the the surface to which they will be applied (e.g 1_SkinFace.png etc). Lots of experimenting helps :)

Anyway, this is my first proper attempt after doing all that reading, and even though it's obvious I've still got a lot to learn, I can't believe I did it. The only thing that amazes me more is how kind it is to my lowly 32bit 4GBRAM machine. The image below shows two renders cobbled together in Photoshop, but each took under four minutes to render with standard Daz lights. I was watching Task Manager the whole time and physical memory usage never went above 43%.

Here's Gen, convinced that the England football team are going to win the Euro 2016 tournament. This hairdo is called 'Extreme Optimism' :) Ropey though it is, I still can't believe I did it myself :)

Great start! Congrats :-)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited June 2015

Did this one about a week and a half ago. Took about 2 hours to render but I set the render settings up high for better results though the ahir did not turn out as good as I wanted.

Credits:
    Genesis 2 Female
    Tiger Lily - Skin
    Morph is a mixture
    All cloth is OptiTex Dynamic Cloth
    Choaker is Hot Uniforms - School Girl for G2F
    Glitter Shaders on the backdrop

202_-_The_Pose_08.jpg
    720 x 1080 - 512K
    Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • LaMa.CookLaMa.Cook Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

I want to create a simple fur coat. I have created the obj in Blender, but when I try to draw the map on the obj nothing happens and the preview stays white.

Here are my export settings in Blender:

export_fur_forum.jpg
    243 x 564 - 34K
    edited December 1969

LaMa.Cook said:
    I want to create a simple fur coat. I have created the obj in Blender, but when I try to draw the map on the obj nothing happens and the preview stays white.

Did you uvmap it?

edited December 1969

LaMa.Cook said:

Did you uvmap it?

That's it! Thank you very much! :D Sometimes I don't think of the obvious. Maybe because uv-maps are no friends of mine ;)

Here is my render:

warty_mcsmelly.png
    794 x 829 - 362K
    edited December 1969

LaMa.Cook said:
    LaMa.Cook said:

Did you uvmap it?

That's it! Thank you very much! :D Sometimes I don't think of the obvious. Maybe because uv-maps are no friends of mine ;)

Here is my render:

Glad it's resolved and the coat is cute :-)

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

Some nice renders here.

This is actually an older hair I used a few months ago in the wet look images.

A couple of minutes for the comb-over, change the hair colour, and Bob's yer uncle. :lol:

BlondeAmbition.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 174K
    edited December 1969

Glad it's resolved and the coat is cute :-)

Thank you very much! :D for the help and the comment!

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited June 2015

Hey everyone,
    Quick question for you all. Do you know how to make toon-hair in Garabaldi (see example below);

http://www.furrythings.com/wp-content/uploads/alia-kuru.jpg

Also, is it possible for toon hair to be low poly count as well (for OBJ export for render engines)?

Thanks,

Davide

toon-style-hair-shaders-large.jpg
    500 x 650 - 93K
    Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Hey everyone,
    Quick question for you all. Do you know how to make toon-hair in Garabaldi (see example below);

http://www.furrythings.com/wp-content/uploads/alia-kuru.jpg

Also, is it possible for toon hair to be low poly count as well (for OBJ export for render engines)?

Thanks,

Davide

My question is...why?

The purpose and reason behind curve based strand hair is that the geometry base transmapped 'standard' hair tends to look too cartoon-like for realistic renders. So that's kind of like asking what the best shoe to hammer in a finishing nail is...(a stiletto with a metal cap on the end of the heel, btw...when it's 5 minutes to curtain and you can't find a hammer...you improvise).

That said, though, it comes down to clumping values and shaders. Toon hair and 'realistic' hair are at opposite ends of the spectrum. For toon hair, you want to show off groups/bunches of hair, not so much individual hairs. So to do that you need to get them to clump together more. Also, you won't need as fine a strand or as many bends (segments). Both of those will reduce the poly count on conversion. You could probably decrease the number of hairs needed, if you go with a fairly large strand size...which would reduce the poly count even more.

For shaders, though, I'm not sure what to recommend, as the default is for 'realistic' hair. It can take almost any shader, so trying some of the toon shaders/presets would probably be the first thing to do...

But transmapped or modeled geometric hair really are the better/easier 'toon' solutions.

• MJWMJW Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Have just bought Garibaldi. The video shows some things not apparently on the version I bought - for example 'Show Hairs as Mesh'.
    I cannot get it to work on other body spaces once I have done (say) the head. Is each version completely separate and does it have to be saved as (eg) head, armpit, chest, etc. Do I have to start a new figure for each?
    Where is the link on their website to register?
    Finally, having created my Vidal Sassoon masterpiece, how do I save it for use on other figures - and perhaps for sale?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited December 1969

I really liked it, but as it is tough to get working with IRAY - well hard on the computer, I requested a refund; shame as it was really awesome

edited December 1969

Well ---- the good news is that you can make hair for the new Genesis 3 model. The bad news is that you will have to make the density/colour maps in a paint app and import them ----- and they won't be visible in the paint panel.

The hair and guides are still visible and work normally - it's just the paint panel that won't work thanks to the UDIM style layout. As has been noted in other threads, template 1 (the face) can still be painted in Garibaldi but none of the other templates can because they are in different UV space.

Anyway, here's a G3F with Garibaldi hair.

G3FGaribaldiHair.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 247K
    edited December 1969

Gone said:
    Well ---- the good news is that you can make hair for the new Genesis 3 model. The bad news is that you will have to make the density/colour maps in a paint app and import them ----- and they won't be visible in the paint panel.

The hair and guides are still visible and work normally - it's just the paint panel that won't work thanks to the UDIM style layout. As has been noted in other threads, template 1 (the face) can still be painted in Garibaldi but none of the other templates can because they are in different UV space.

Anyway, here's a G3F with Garibaldi hair.

Thank you for the info. Think we can work with that ... although I do have some other ideas to test too.
    Page 90! You'll be on the 2nd thread of this in no time lol ... :-)

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

I need to find out how to get it working on Iray I tried what was said to do but the hair imported back into daz as obj was bigger than my character or scene window

edited June 2015

dkgoose said:
    I need to find out how to get it working on Iray I tried what was said to do but the hair imported back into daz as obj was bigger than my character or scene window

If I recall correctly, the import size setting needs to be for Daz Studio.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

dkgoose said:

Just like any other obj import...

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    dkgoose said:

Just like any other obj import...

Not exactly, I use Poser from Hexagon.

Does anyone have a map for G3F for GH that i could use???

Thank you very much

• MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324

I haven't tried Garibaldi on G3F. With the new UV system, I wasn't sure if it worked.

Ok, got me a working map after i downloaded Snowsultans seeam guides for G3F  from the top of that page- http://www.snowsultan.com/3.html

Painting maps aint my strong point but I go something that will work.  Now to make it a wearable preset.

Wearable preset? I guess that's one way to go.

After I made my maps, I saved them to a folder and load them in the paint panel when I start a new hair. As mentioned above, you can only see the "face" map in the paint panel - but all the maps load and the hair guides behave normally in the other panels.