The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

And now for something completely different....

Did you hear the one about the......

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    And now for something completely different....

Did you hear the one about the......

Sparkling goldfish that supposedly gives good luck to the ones who feed him? His owners got upset because he is too fat and his water is always dirty because too many people were trying to feed the poor fish.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Finally got the forum working on my mobile, gah now I ran out of time to post anything - doh ##!@@##$! Having many adventures, post moar L8R :)

edited December 1969

I was able to get the forum to work on my kindle so I can use that sometimes. It is easier to use my notebook for posting as it has a bigger screen and a bigger keyboard.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

There is a mosquito in my house -___-

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Complaint!

I am totally non-consenting to tree sex outdoors. I did not want pollen into my eyes or nose. :( I'm not normally allergic to it, but this year has broken pollen records and the trees are spewing it like this is their last chance to procreate. My eyes are itchy and my nose stuffy. My friend who is allergic is in state of lethargy due to antihistamines she has to take to live.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

You totally should train one of your dragons to hunt 'em down.

One of our cats was a good fly hunter. In addition to normal methods of patient wait and pounce, if you lifted him to the ceiling so he could swat at flies, he would do so. Vigorously. And he often begged to be lifted.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Rezca said:

You totally should train one of your dragons to hunt 'em down.

One of our cats was a good fly hunter. In addition to normal methods of patient wait and pounce, if you lifted him to the ceiling so he could swat at flies, he would do so. Vigorously. And he often begged to be lifted.

Heh I would if they could. I don't think Alex is all too interested in being my personal bug-hunter (A red dragon plush of mine), and she was the only one with me when I saw the mosquito. I swatted it yes, but not before it bit me >_>

edited December 1969

Could be worse. The mosquito might have cooties, since all blood-drinkers are female. ;) (Males are smaller, and nom on flower nectars instead.)

edited December 1969

has red clouds made with mojoworld

redclouds2_01_CROP1.png
    600 x 465 - 358K
    edited December 1969

Mosquito cooties. Now there's a ghastly thought XD
    "As of May 7th there are no plans for a Halo 4 beta"
    Poo. There was one for 3 and REACH (There were some pretty darned funny videos of stuff going wrong in the beta for REACH XD) so I'd hoped there would be one for 4 as well, but oh well. 'Course there's plenty of time for them to do one, but I figure I'm gonna have to wait until November.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Must be a real buzz :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Good Mornin

image_1_3087736.jpg
    500 x 334 - 17K
    edited December 1969

Only a villain as cocky and manipulative as Xanatos would make his archenemy his best man. =3

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

sucked into the fractal core of tvtropes again. :lol:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GhibliHills

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Meh, fought Carrara particles all night. Waugh! Not real intuitive. I need to work with Carrara more and see what it can do.
    Overcast, humid, hot, and the trees are also trying to pollinate any and everything here as well. Black cars in the neighborhood are covered in yellow dust! KAFF KAFF ARGH! I brought my new field recorder with me and got some cool audio, I turned on surround recording so I have bunch of full-surround captures of my walk through my bird-infested neighborhood.
    Nothing much else going on, doing some research for Yet Another Novella(tm).
    Sushi for dinner, though! Wheeeeeee! :-)

edited December 1969

Fresh crab meat :3

edited May 2012

@Wooly: Carrara's particles are as primitive as it's modeling tools, and (Last I heard as of version 7) buggy as heck. Stick to Lightwave if you want particles.
    @Misty: Speaking of TV Tropes, did you know they have several articles named after a Disney Villain named "David Xanatos"?
    "On TV Tropes, a wiki devoted to cataloging and defining various writing "tropes", the Xanatos Gambit was named for David Xanatos' signature style of turning any defeat into a victory. Before long, "Xanatos" became a standard modifier for pages relating to devious planning (i.e. "Xanatos Roulette" for a Gambit gone out of control, or "Xanatos Sucker" for the person being manipulated), culminating in a sub-section of such tropes being titled, "Xanatos Planned This Index". "
    The character: http://gargwiki.net/David_Xanatos
    The tropes article: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosGambit
    *edit* Oh and there is "Xanatos Speed Chess" which originated from an episode where he and his wife were "playing a game of chess" that involved manipulating other people. Many millions of $$$ went into that game of chess.
    *edit edit* A brief summary of their "chess game" through the episode - a chess game that apparently lasted several weeks.:
    Xanatos and Fox are playing a game of chess throughout the episode, revealing a much more dangerous game is going on. Xanatos had Coyote lead the Pack in going after the gargoyles, while Fox produced a commercial tipping the trio off to the location of the Pack's hideout. The whole setup is put together so that Xanatos and Fox could choose sides and entertain themselves by controlling people's lives.

XanatosGambitDiagram_7509.jpg
    350 x 367 - 35K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Fresh crab meat :3

Darn, I'm hungry now!
    edited December 1969

@Rezca: I'm starting to discover that. I was hoping I could play with something I already owned, but if last nights experience is typical (and yeah, C8 crashed about 3 times during th session) then I'm going to have to, sigh, Go Elsewhere.
    Since I'm just doing this for my own education, I think I'll cough up the $99/year for Houdini Apprentice. If someone is crazy enough to want me to do VFX work, I'll cough up for Lightwave. :coolsmile:
    Now I want a crab roll. Or two.

edited December 1969

If you ever shell out the cash for Cinema Prime and Cactus Dan's rigging tools you'd have a constant source of income from me bugging you to rig them XD
    .Rigging and I just don't seem to get along. I weight one joint and it breaks one or even three others. *sigh*

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    If you ever shell out the cash for Cinema Prime and Cactus Dan's rigging tools you'd have a constant source of income from me bugging you to rig them XD
    .Rigging and I just don't seem to get along. I weight one joint and it breaks one or even three others. *sigh*

I'll keep that in mind.. heh! :-P
  • Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

where is the PC forum section? or is this gone?

edited December 1969

Dunno. I think I read somewhere that it was having issues and was being repaired, so I figure it'd be back ... Eventually.
    Also: http://www.gargoyles-fans.org/reviews/ep15.htm
    The review for the episode "Metamorphosis"
    It;s a dramatic episode, and has a very sad ending. You have to remember that this was aired on Disney Afternoons along with nonsensical junk where everything goes right and every day is a happy summer day and the villains are as thin as cardboard. Someone gets electrocuted (In startling accuracy in their "death throes" - later it turned out to be faked, but I was convinced when I first saw it), and the ending... Well there isn't a happy ending.
    True it's not as dramatic or as dark as the 4-part episode "City of Stone" where a LOT of people are killed (And this is confirmed, they do die) and a LOT of betrayal and deceit is going on, but it's still pretty cool.

edited December 1969

PC section over here (not at the old forums) is working just fine?

1) You have to be logged in to see it
    2) and be a member of Platinum Club

Old archived forums need to be tweaked, yes, to see PC section.

edited December 1969

I'm gonna try and make this the last post I make about this show, but it's a quote on a review of the last part of City of Stone:
    "The confrontation between Goliath and the Weird Sisters on the one hand, and Macbeth and Demona on the other, is one of the most dramatically effective moments in the series. Goliath reaches out to first Macbeth, urging him to give up his plans to kill Demona (with the earnest words of "Death is never the answer. Life is."), and then Demona, urging her to put aside her vengeance and give Xanatos the new access code. The Weird Sisters second both of his pleas with a very astute commentary on the events in Macbeth and Demona's backstories, pointing out to Macbeth how none of the deaths in his past succeeded in their purpose (I particularly liked their remark on how Findlaech's death did not prevent Macbeth from becoming king) and to Demona how the tragedies of her life (the Wyvern Massacre, the Hunter's war on the gargoyles, and Canmore's massacre of her second clan) were all due to her own actions. With tears beginning to form in her eyes, Demona at last breaks down and says, "The access code is 'Alone'." This single word sums up so profoundly the consequences that her deeds have had upon herself."
    Remember: This aired on Disney. ^_^

edited December 1969

Wow, C4D Prime is less than US$1000 and it has a basic particle system! I'm grabbing the demo now, I'll activate it this weekend and check it out. 42 days is plenty of time to figure out if I like it or not. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

There is going to be another extermination Friday for my apartment.

exterminate exterminate

edited December 1969

Okay, is it wrong that now I want a Roomba shaped like a Dalek?

edited December 1969

Wow, C4D Prime is less than US$1000 and it has a basic particle system! I'm grabbing the demo now, I'll activate it this weekend and check it out. 42 days is plenty of time to figure out if I like it or not. :coolsmile:

I thought I pointed that out at one point :(
    The Demo actually is infinite - only the "activated" version which allows saving and exporting and lifts render resolution limits is restricted to 42 days.
    And if the basic particle system is not enough, there is a plugin called X-Particles which is a bit more advanced but not as confusing as Thinking Particles (I don't know if it runs on Prime, which plugins like Catastrophe don't, but it might. I'ts not as expensive as DPIT.)

This discussion has been closed.