Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• You did a good job with the lantern. Compliment.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

mermaid - cool use of NGartplay's flowers and S Ray's lantern. Both, the day and night scene look very good.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

mermaid, I really like the darker image...so pretty.  The lantern is excellent.  I'm going to give that a try.  Is that Drachenlords's lantern or S Ray's? That's from the German tutorials, correct?

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955

Thanks Adbc, Drachenlords, Horo and NGartplay. The lantern is from Drachenlords German tutorials, and the foreground object is S Ray's Sphere Tower, Horo got a bit confusedwink

edited February 2023

The terrain was self made and given a material combined from High Resolution Terrains 4 and Gritstone Hills. The ship is the HMS Victory, the water is also from High Resolution Terrains 4, sky and ambient light by an HDRI, also from Gritstone Hills.

Off Spiky Island

OffSpikyIsle.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 150K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo, awesome landscape.  Love the island reflection, it gives the image so much life.  I was just going through my vehicles and found that I have 3 different ships.  You make me want to render a couple of them.

edited February 2023

A building from years ago.  Not sure if it's a crypt or a church.  I added a bit of post work around the altar piece.

Genesis may look big but if I move her to the altar it comes to her rib cage.  I have the FOV on 120 so she's farther away than she looks.

church-10.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 848K
    Post edited by NGartplay on
    edited February 2023

Just for curiosity's sake I changed the camera angle.  Now it looks like she is running to the altar.

church-11.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 830K
    edited February 2023

Horo - another outstanding render, beautiful island scene, nice addition of the ship.

NGartplay - two lovely scenes, awesome lighting, amazing results you got by changing the camera angle. Can you share your camera setting, I'm curios. wink

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Horo : amazing terrain image, awesome material and reflection on the water, great sky as well.

NGartplay : two beautiful scenes, the result of changing the camera angle is unexpected and cool, love the lighting.

NGartplay - thank you. Great indoor scene with the lady. It is always interesting to play with the camera settings, you can get very interesting results.

mermaid and adbc - thank you.

Hi mermaid, sure.  I rendered the normal camera then I moved the camera down and closer for the second which I call low.

camera-10-normal.jpg
    338 x 381 - 83K
    camera-11-low.jpg
    397 x 461 - 125K

Horo, how did you do the waves around the island?  Is that a separate terrain?  Always jealous of your command of the textures.  Perfect.

edited February 2023

NGartplay - no, the coastline is not a separate terrain, but a separate texture in Ch-D controlling ambience. I could make available the textures I made but using them is a bit tricky, there are also several adjustments in the MatLab, depending on the terrain used. So I think I will rather make a PDF document where I can add enough pictures to make it easier to comprehend. Stay tuned, it will take a few days.

Post edited by Horo on

Oh gosh Horo, that is generous but I didn't mean to make you do extra work.  Of course, I'm looking forward to reading it.  Thank you.

edited February 2023

NGartplay said:

Hi mermaid, sure.  I rendered the normal camera then I moved the camera down and closer for the second which I call low.

Thanks for sharing the screenshots, Bryce is amazing, a small adjustment and you got movement in the scene. awesome

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited February 2023

Mermaid: Well put into scene. I like the second one most, due to its moody lighting. Great modeling of that lantern!

Horo: Great island terrain work. A gorgeous scene, I love the clarity and the lighting.

NGartplay: Awesome, full of suspense and mystery. Great lighting and camera work, esp. in the 2nd one.

Post edited by hubert on
    edited February 2023

hubert - thank you. Thank you also again for sharing the BR4 workfile.

Here we go with Huberts "Hubism_2023-01-27_lowres-sample.br4". I just moved the terrain and the camera a bit around, removed both spot lights, changed the materials a bit and used an HDRI to colour and light things. Thanks again Hubert, it was fun.

Hababst231

Hubabst232.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 250K
    Post edited by Horo on

Thank you Hubert and mermaid.

Horo, wow, that really pops.  You got a completely different look from mine.

Hubert - thanks

Horo - awesome result, I see colorful musical notes and even a distorted guitar.

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited February 2023

Horo: Gorgeous! Its softness and coloring is just beautiful and the reflections add much depth. I too see visualized music.

@ all:
    Meanwhile, I experimented some more with that file:
    - Exchanged the Terrain's and the Material's b/w Bitmap with the original colored Bitmap version, resulting in a nice softness.
    - Instead of Terrain+Mat+Bitmap, I used the "OBO" ("original Bryce objects") with which I had once created above Bitmap.
    - I reworked that "OBO": Added much more spheres and arranged the thin cylinder sticks in a double-logarithmic grid pattern. (Always consider that I am an engineer, not an artist.)
    - Used 1, 2 or even 3 of that OBO in my scene.

The possibilities seem endless... as were the corresponding results. I'll post some assorted images soon and will also provide one or two of those workfiles.

Post edited by hubert on

Cool hubert, thanks.

edited February 2023

I think that this is such a pretty sky.  I put a midievil watchtower in the scene and had trouble with scale.  The tower looks big but the sides are high and shouldn't people be able to see over the sides?  If so, then my barrel and cannon are too small.  The tower came with a midievil shield leaning on it that I deleted.  It was very small.  I scaled everything the best that I could so that it looked somewhat believable.

towerandwater.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 118K

NGartplay - thank you. I like your scene with the tower. I think scale looks good - but then, I am also always struggling with the sizes.

mermaid and hubert - thank you.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Horo : awesome "hubism" variation, love the colours and moving music notes.

NGartplay : excellent image, scales and me do not always agree, to me it looks OK.

Thank you adbc.

Very nice setup NGartplay, I agree lovely sky

Thank you adbc, Horo and mermaid. I'm making myself create instead of playing games.  It's so easy to put your brain on a shelf and play mindless games.  I have to get out of that habit.  Even if what I produce isn't awesome I'm still proud of myself for trying because I can be lazy, lol.

NGartplay asked on February 6 up on this page how I did the waves around the island (near the top of this page 62). I promised to make a PDF document. It is done. In the document is also a link to the textures you can add to your library. The PDF is on my website: Bryce & 3D CG Documents > Mine > Material > Shoreline and for those that cannot wait to look at the 4 pages and 7 pictures, here is the direct link: https://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/Shoreline.pdf I hope it will find it useful.

Horo, sending a virtual hug, thank you.  I will give this a try and see what I can accomplish.  I'm excited to try.

This discussion has been closed.