Genesis Render Thread

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Here is Genesis with the new Addison character, a few dialed morphs and Cara Hair (autofit from V4). She's, showing off her Genesis Bikini on a sunny Florida beach.
    I love Addison...she is a beautiful character. She looks lovely there. What did you use for the background?
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    DWG said:
    cwichura said:
    I do have a four-armed Succubus character I made, though, using RawArt's geografted arms. She can be seen here and here (both NSFW).

Reminds me of Dabbler from Grrl Power: http://www.grrlpowercomic.com/archives/621

Ooh way cool...I'm going to have to try and remember my password so I can check the render.

finally remembered my password and checked the renders out...they're very cool but I'm glad I didn't get them open at work...could have got myself in big trouble.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    finally remembered my password and checked the renders out...they're very cool but I'm glad I didn't get them open at work...could have got myself in big trouble.

Well, I did say they were NSFW. :)
  • WiseavatarWiseavatar Posts: 33
    edited August 2012

barbult said:
    Im up for new Genesis renders.

Heres another showing Fantom shielding using 4.5's Geometry shell with the hair.

Ive now got it to work with uberenvironment occlusion and Raytraced shadows.

So this render at 800x1400 took 6 minutes.

Where can I learn about geometry shell and fantom shielding?

Heres a link to a thread on these forums. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4949/

There was a thread on the old forums but Im not sure how to track that down.

Post edited by Wiseavatar on
  • willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited August 2012

A little something I cooked up to break in DS 4.5

gothgal12.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 250K
    Post edited by willowfan on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    bigh said:
    Genesis with BloodBound for V4 and Ruby hair - all done in Carrara 8.5

I like the shiny bits on the clothing are they Carrara shaders or the original settings in Carrara? It's so nice to see Genesis being used in Carrara can you do all the stuff you can in DS or is it more limited?

I didn't add any Carrara shaders .
    You can do most what DS + more .

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited August 2012

Pendraia said:
    barbult said:
    Here is Genesis with the new Addison character, a few dialed morphs and Cara Hair (autofit from V4). She's, showing off her Genesis Bikini on a sunny Florida beach.
    I love Addison...she is a beautiful character. She looks lovely there. What did you use for the background?

I agree!!! Addison is great! I picked her up, too! I'm still trying to figure out my render with her, though, cuz I don't know how to use my renderer...lol

btw...LOVE all the renders in here, too!

...and thanks, Pen! :) This thread was such a good idea!

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
    edited December 1969

A heavily AerySoulified Genesis

sylph.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 240K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    barbult said:
    I used a photograph I took on the beach in Florida, USA.
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Pendraia said:

Well, I did say they were NSFW. :)Lol...I know

@Jas..I'm really enjoying seeing all the renders also. I'm very glad that I started the thread.

@bigh, that's good to know!

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Pendraia said:
    barbult said:

I used a photograph I took on the beach in Florida, USA.

Looks great! It's a beautiful beach...

@willowfan, terrific renders!

edited December 1969

bump in the night - Carrara used

bump_in_the_night.jpg
    800 x 800 - 146K
    edited December 1969

No longer the new girl.

new-girl.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 104K
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited August 2012

A touch of NPR.

Nata + Aldora Hair + scoopback dress

Very simple, I'm yet reinstalling all my contents after the crash of DS4 4.0.?? I hope DS4 4.5 will be more stable.

nat26.png
    693 x 834 - 317K
    nat25.png
    693 x 834 - 336K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • edited December 1969

Once upon a time, I was a devout Gen. 4 renderer; nothing, I thought, could ever take away their reign in my runtimes. That was until I met Genesis.

Genesis came into the picture & seized the runtime throne...and here are a couple of my renders with Genesis. :cheese:

Arannana_genesis2.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 321K
    Twins-and-a-kendersm.jpg
    424 x 600 - 173K
    t-shirt1.jpg
    424 x 600 - 170K
    Snow_White.jpg
    707 x 707 - 510K
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Here's one I did for the promos for the Lycan Hunter, I think DAZ did a lot better than I could have done.

R2-800.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 333K
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    A touch of NPR.

Nata + Aldora Hair + scoopback dress

Very simple, I'm yet reinstalling all my contents after the crash of DS4 4.0.?? I hope DS4 4.5 will be more stable.

I love it! toon render's are so addictive :)
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Great renders every one, that look fantastic! Some of you have got the lighting spot on! Love to toon renders aswell, really creative! :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

While we're on the topic of renders, I want to point out that the cover image for 'Woodlander for Genesis' is a beauty of a render, so crisp and vibrant

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited August 2012

Greetings,

While we're on the topic of renders, I want to point out that the cover image for 'Woodlander for Genesis' is a beauty of a render, so crisp and vibrant

It IS! It probably sold me on it...the outfit is just okay, but that's a GREAT promo image. A little anachronistic, with the sight-finder on the Hunting Crossbow, but really nice.

ObGenesis Render: The second image is one where my 4yo son picked out what they'd wear (he ended up with Amy's default because he liked it) and a bunch of the scene pieces. The first is an idyllic sunset piece I did for fun.

I wish I could share my current render, it's looking really nice, but it's 75% of the way in, at 45 hours so far. :-/!

-- Morgan

Corwins_Girls.png
    700 x 700 - 825K
    Lost_in_a_Book.png
    700 x 394 - 439K
    Post edited by CypherFOX on
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

It IS! It probably sold me on it...the outfit is just okay, but that's a GREAT promo image. A little anachronistic, with the sight-finder on the Hunting Crossbow, but really nice.

ObGenesis Render: The second image is one where my 4yo son picked out what they'd wear (he ended up with Amy's default because he liked it) and a bunch of the scene pieces. The first is an idyllic sunset piece I did for fun.

I wish I could share my current render, it's looking really nice, but it's 75% of the way in, at 45 hours so far. :-/!

-- Morgan
    Seriously cool renders everyone!

Off to check out Stephanie 5, not that I can afford it right now...but I can still drool.

edited December 1969

45 hours + for a render - you are ...

edited August 2012

bigh said:
    If that is aimed at me...I work full time, it's really hard to do renders during the week. Evenings during the week I'm busy marking students work...tonight before posting I marked spelling tests and a brochure the kids did for homework and worked on 6 individual learning plans. Can't complain though at least I have work...I will try and get something done this weekend.

Edited to add I weakened and bought the starter kit. Won't get chance to download until the weekend but will post a render as soon as I get chance.

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    bigh said:
    If that is aimed at me...I work full time, it's really hard to do renders during the week. Evenings during the week I'm busy marking students work...tonight before posting I marked spelling tests and a brochure the kids did for homework and worked on 6 individual learning plans. Can't complain though at least I have work...I will try and get something done this weekend.

Edited to add I weakened and bought the starter kit. Won't get chance to download until the weekend but will post a render as soon as I get chance.

no it is for Cypherfox

edited December 1969

no gas - used Carrara

no_gas.jpg
    800 x 600 - 283K
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

Kidding? No, lots of us can get renders into that sort of order of magnitude for final quality renders. Bump the image size up to allow printing without a reduction in quality, add a bunch of lights or use some of the advanced render options and it's quite easy to drive render times well into double figure hours.

I think my personal record was only about 36 hours, but I'm sure I could drive it higher if I tried ;)

edited December 1969

DWG said:
    bigh said:

Kidding? No, lots of us can get renders into that sort of order of magnitude for final quality renders. Bump the image size up to allow printing without a reduction in quality, add a bunch of lights or use some of the advanced render options and it's quite easy to drive render times well into double figure hours.

I think my personal record was only about 36 hours, but I'm sure I could drive it higher if I tried ;)

:roll: :-)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

My record so far is 10.5 days (and nights). Of course I ended up having to do it in pieces, so that was the total, but one of the trees alone was something like 5 days and nights.

Of course that was using DS3A in 32-bit (since that's all there was for the Mac) Not sure how long it would taske on DS4Pro in 64-bit, but it still wouldn't be quick.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited August 2012

I render using LuxRender, which has native support for network rendering. So far, my longest running render took about 90 hours (master plus one slave)... (Discovering the Sword in the Stone, which has two volumetrics in it: a homogenous volume for the fog creating the "ray of light" effect on the sword and a clear volume for the water)

King to A5 (NSFW) was another long one, keeping the master plus two slaves (all fast i7 machines) running for a bit over 62 hours. Again, volumetrics were used (all the chess pieces are glass2 clear volumes).

To be clear, when I give times, I am talking wall-clock time, during which all machines are concurrently rendering. So the 62 wall-clock hours translates to around 248 CPU hours (one of the slaves has twice the cores (8) as the master and other slave (4 each), so does about double the work).

TL;DR version: Volumetrics are SLOW! :)

(Both linked images are also on-topic and feature Genesis figures. The one on the right in Discovering the Sword in the Stone and both figures in King to A5.)

Post edited by cwichura on
  • BrotherloboBrotherlobo Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

Here's one I did for the promos for the Lycan Hunter, I think DAZ did a lot better than I could have done.

OMG! I love this. Absolutely fantastic. Thanks for sharing!