Show Us Your Iray Renders

Comments

• 8eos88eos8 Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

You might want to try using the Iray Uber Base shader for your skin instead of the optimized skin one, because it doesn't mess with your skin tone as much (figured this out after I made that post). I only changed the translucency color to make up for the grayish-greenish tint I was getting from the optimized skin.

• MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited March 2015

My alternative look at skin shading.

After looking in the bathroom mirror this morning (not a pretty sight) I noticed that as the light came through the bathroom window my pale skin did not shine. It certainly wasn't glossy from either sweat or an oily skin condition. In fact it had a very dull satin type of appearance. Also, even at close quarters, my bluish eyes did not stand out as being overly wet looking. The most prominent item about my eyes was the bathroom window reflection that seemed to dominate my eye surface.

So the model here has a similar pale skin texture to mine, and looking through the Iray Uber Defaults, I noticed the Rubber-Shiny shader looked like a satin finish, so I applied that to the skin textures. For the lips I used the Plastic-Glossy shader, and for the eyes I used the Water-Thin shader.

I used a primitive sphere as the sun, and one photometric spot light which I placed behind the model.

I am not claiming this to be revolutionary skin shading :lol: but I did notice the skin surfaces on the breastbone, shoulders and forehead were exactly like my human skin had appeared this morning.

I am going to try some different lighting, and a closer head shot with all the same settings, to see how that renders.

These trial renders have certainly become fun, and from the amazing renders and topics appearing in the forums, I think DAZ is certainly onto a winner with Iray.

Cheers :-)

Brodie_6_with_Hector_skin_texture.png
    1168 x 808 - 1M
    Post edited by Musicplayer on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309
    edited December 1969

8eos8 said:
    You might want to try using the Iray Uber Base shader for your skin instead of the optimized skin one, because it doesn't mess with your skin tone as much (figured this out after I made that post). I only changed the translucency color to make up for the grayish-greenish tint I was getting from the optimized skin.

Thanks again. Here's the latest version of my delicate little flower of womanhood.

Cheers,

Alex.

Claustrum_Test_Render_A6_Small.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 455K
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Musicplayer and alexhcowley
    Yes, and Yes.

Ive been plugging away at eyes, as that's what stuck out the most from my last set of renders here.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/787328/
    The 'Cornea' also had to be "Cutout Opacity' fixed as well. Still plugging away.

Eyes_001.png
    1120 x 1029 - 390K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Great render. Glad you got your skin thing figured out. Man, she's quite a powerful looking warrior maiden! Wouldn't want her mad at me! lol

8eos8 said:

Thanks again. Here's the latest version of my delicate little flower of womanhood.

Cheers,

Alex.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited March 2015

I Took a few seconds converting a little feathered fella over to Iray shaders. This spot-render, a spot-render of all things, probably is the best I've done at any of this Iray stuff so far.

Be weary of birds with teeth, lol.
    (EDIT added 1200x1200 full render)

TOTW_LisaW003_006_Iray_Archeo_001_Render_4.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 525K
    DancingBird_001crop1.png
    736 x 662 - 410K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878
    edited December 1969

I'm a little irritated that I couldn't figure out how to get displacement working properly with translucence, but I'm still pretty happy with this result.

Genesis 1 using Ethnic morphs, skin is Benjamin plus skin overlay to add a few details, Real Hairy for Genesis for body hair, Unshaven Beard for Genesis.

The one thing that really stands out as looking a little off are his elbows, but them's the breaks for Genesis 1 and not wearing clothes, I guess.

George.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 434K
  • jag11jag11 Posts: 885
    edited December 1969

I wanted to play with fog(volume).

playing_with_fog.png
    569 x 320 - 336K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

iRay Fighter, Postworked and raw renders

Dude, those look so cool!!!!!

I am also impressed with how cool you made the cars look.

edited December 1969

jag11 said:

How did you do that in Iray?

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885
    edited December 1969

jag11 said:

The Environment is set to: Dome and Scene.
    Time of day: 12:00 P.M.
    The Camera: Headlights off.

The height of the room is 3 meters, (9.8425197 ft).

You need an aux volumen slightly taller than the room, in this case it was a cube with a Water - Dispersive Iray Shader applied, with the glossy properties off.

The camera has to be outside this volume, if you put the camera inside the volume you won't see the effect on light as it passes the volumen.

So the volume parameters for this kind of fog and volume height are:

Thin walled off.
    Scattering Measurement Distance: 50
    SSS Ammount: 0.03, barely suggested fog or scattering.
    SSS Direction: 0.5 you need to scatter away from the sun.

Render time was 10 minutes 33.71 seconds.

edited December 1969

Huh! I hadn't considered using SSS for that. Duh.

Thanks for the idea!

edited December 1969

Another beautiful sexy portrait.

Zombie.jpg
    668 x 1080 - 263K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Looks really good. Love all the details that the beard and body hair brought to the character.

I'm a little irritated that I couldn't figure out how to get displacement working properly with translucence, but I'm still pretty happy with this result.

Genesis 1 using Ethnic morphs, skin is Benjamin plus skin overlay to add a few details, Real Hairy for Genesis for body hair, Unshaven Beard for Genesis.

The one thing that really stands out as looking a little off are his elbows, but them's the breaks for Genesis 1 and not wearing clothes, I guess.

• Tiger Lee ArtsTiger Lee Arts Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

scatha said:
    I know Wes, but if I had known this in advance I would have opted for a different graphics card in my completely new computer. I think that is what pisses me off the most, since I just got this Hexcore 3.5Ghz AMD with 16Gb of ram and a Radeon R9 graphics card.

I too have the AMD card but the renders are not taking me too long to do unless I use a lot of mesh lights but the look of iray is so nice it is worth the wait.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Looks really good. Love all the details that the beard and body hair brought to the character.

Been meaning to get the body hair thing for a while, and I LOVE how customizable it is.

Won't have to have fantasy female warriors who inexplicably have razors out in the wilds...

And unlike some other options, it creates actual objects to cast shadows and whatnot, and also runs fine with Iray (LAMH, for example, is more open-ended, but hard to use in Iray)

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Stephanie 6 HD

Steph_6_Iray.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 722K
    edited December 1969

jag11 said:

OMG thank you so much! This is really working well. And now I feel dumb. ;)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

Toyen said:
    My latest skin shader developments!

...that really looks good.
    edited December 1969

3dTox said:
    Just messing around with bloom and camera settings. Scene is lit entirely by environment map. No post work.

...that's really good. Haven't played much with the Bloom effect yet
    edited December 1969

jag11 said:

...uhhh yeah...

edited December 1969

It's not as sharp as, say, the AoA environmental camera, but it works well enough!

And, amusingly, it takes less time to render in Iray than a fog scene in 3Delight. ;)

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited December 1969

Belle 6; lighting used was a freebie from HDR labs under lightsmith collection

Milk_splash.jpg
    839 x 836 - 341K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Using Design Anvil's 3-point lighting

This is really impressive and far better than I have managed to achieve using the same lighting set.

The lighting on mine looks very harsh, the skin looks rather too glossy and there's some weird whitish highlights on the lips. Any thoughts on how I can improve it?

Cheers,

Alex.

Fixed. I used most of the values suggested by 8eos8 in this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54239/

The only ones I changed were the glossy reflectivity, which I dialed all the way down to 0.5, and the translucency HSR values, which I ended up resetting to the original values since 8eos8's suggestion is only appropriate to white anglosaxons and my lady has much darker skin.

Cheers,
    Alex.
    Thank you and glad you figured it out. I'll have to check out that thread link. I have no idea what I'm doing,LOL.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Been meaning to get the body hair thing for a while, and I LOVE how customizable it is.

Won't have to have fantasy female warriors who inexplicably have razors out in the wilds...

And unlike some other options, it creates actual objects to cast shadows and whatnot, and also runs fine with Iray (LAMH, for example, is more open-ended, but hard to use in Iray)

Well, if they can find spiked heels like I've seen in so many fantasy outfits, surely they can get their hands on a razor. :lol:

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    RAMWolff said:

Well, if they can find spiked heels like I've seen in so many fantasy outfits, surely they can get their hands on a razor. :lol:

Since razors have been around since well before biblical times I would think so
    Not sure about spiked heels though maybe

edited December 1969

Yeah, but shaving armpits is a bit more recent. :)

Interestingly, there are Stone Age finds of bikinis...

(Ancient Inventions is cool)

• 3dTox3dTox Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    3dTox said:
    Just messing around with bloom and camera settings. Scene is lit entirely by environment map. No post work.

...that's really good. Haven't played much with the Bloom effect yet

Thanks. The bloom filter is really quite versatile from what I've tested. You can set the bloom threshold so that only certain lights above the determined brightness get the bloom effect. Used with the other camera settings like shutter speed, f/stop, and exposure and messing with the tone filters you can get some rather interesting results.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Heavy Traffic.

Heavy_Traffic.jpg
    1400 x 1500 - 469K
    edited March 2015

Trying out the fog thing, pretty happy. There aren't easily identifiable godrays, exactly, but... I'll take it!

Costs $0 and doesn't take unusually long to render, which puts it two legs up atmospheric cameras...

Edit: Ok, now, er, with the actual image attached...

AngelicI.jpg
    1350 x 1080 - 929K
    Post edited by Oso3D on
This discussion has been closed.