Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

@Tim: That's a really nice reading room you've got there. Does this go with the other room renders you've posted already?

@electro-elvis: Poor little man! I bet he gets frustrated quite a bit! LOL Good job.

Stuck with dragons at the moment... May have to get the cars and bikes out again :lol:

Good thing to be stuck with. Make sure you stay on their good side! :) I'm stuck with balloons and landscapes. Trying out David and Horo's HDRI Captured Volumetric Skies 1, a different view, and added some vegetation from this product, Vegetation. Next, to add a shoreline effect.

Distant_Terrain_with_Water_Anisotropic_Effect_With_Clouds_4.jpg
    1500 x 750 - 833K
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

@ Thesavage - The clarity of your dragons details are superb

@ Hansmar - Space, the final frontier. I prefer the first one.

@ robborfia - Welcome to the forum. You have really outdone yourself In such a short time of using bryce . The wave and the positioning of the boat looks really good. Well done.

@ fencepost - I do like your diatoms... The texture looks like Lalique glass

@ Tim Bateman - Great renders and lighting... particularly the coke glass and the library looks great

@ Horo . Very nice composition and lighting.

@ Electro Elvis - That put a smile on my face

I have been thinking of doing a gorge for a long time. But with my inexperience on landscapes and terrains I couldn't see a way to do it. So again I have to thank David Brinnen for his tutorials... And now I am happy.

canion3.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 333K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

@Art - thank you. Looking forward to see whaat you'll fo with it. Very nice landscape, you've been quite busy adding vegetation.

@mermaid010 - thank you.

@David - thank you.

@Tim - very nice reading room. The lighting is great.

@Dave - another ice and fire scene.

@electro-elvis - hehe, I understand. :-) Her husband? Very nicely done.

@vivien1 - thank you. Nice gorge. Perhaps the black shadows could do with a tiny bit of light just to break the black.

edited December 1969

Thank you Horo. I totally agree with the lighting. I tried putting a radial light on the dark side but I couldn't get it to look realistic. I'll have to look at some lighting tutorials . Do you recomend any one in particular .

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

vivien1 said:
    Thank you Horo. I totally agree with the lighting. I tried putting a radial light on the dark side but I couldn't get it to look realistic. I'll have to look at some lighting tutorials . Do you recomend any one in particular .

If you don't have it, pick up our Golden Lighting tutorials from the store http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-golden-lighting it is free!

edited December 1969

Thank you David, I will

edited March 2015

@vivien1 - there are many strategies for this. The simplest is to put a radial at the camera position, no shadow casting, no specular, only a bit of diffuse. A bit less simple would be to use a weak dome light, or create an HDRI from the Bryce sky (switch off sun visible before you generate the HDRI and switch it back on afterwards). Don't use the HDRI as backdrop, just the light (HDRI Effect). Try with and without IBL shadows. Without renders much faster, with brings out the geometry and bump.

Post edited by Horo on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858
    edited December 1969

again thanks for all the nice comments :) ...and i am really looking forward to seeing the results of the renders that are still in progress at the moment, they all look great as they are now....really nice work :)

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    edited December 1969

Tim – the study is beautiful.
    Dave – not my fav pet but your dragon renders are awesome.
    Electro-elvis – lol poor guy
    Art – beautiful render.
    vivien1- another nice render.

Some renders using the Gemstones 2 - The Hall Set

scene11.jpg
    654 x 850 - 34K
    scene9.jpg
    654 x 850 - 44K
    scene2.jpg
    654 x 673 - 59K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited December 1969

@CTippetts: Thanks. I did not make the shuttle and station; they came with Bryce.

@dragonfall1221: Yes, just experiment and see what you like. As mentioned above, I did not create the station myself, but I did do the texturing.

@robborfla1: Very nice first renders to show!

@fencepost52: Thanks. Have to agree on the washout. I did already modify the contrast and lightness downward in postwork, but it did no work sufficiently. Nice work with your Bryscroscope! I really like your landscape. The balloons are very nice touch, to give a sense of size.

@Horo: Thanks. Your spacestation render is very good. Nice to have it so close.

@Tim Bateman: Great cola glass and very wonderful stereo set! You can hear the nice music in the render. And the reading room is amazing. All those books! I could spend these in a room like that.

@Mermaid010: Thanks! Gemstones look good.

@TheSavage64: Wonderful dragon render.

@electro-elvis: Poor little guy!

@vivien1: Thanks. Very nice scene. But indeed a bit dark in the shadows.

Here is a quick abstract. It is actually more or less the same setup as my last render at Renderosity (http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2605197). But I added a flattened sphere as additional lens in front of the camera and I used another gel on the fill light. Due to the additional lens and it's refraction we now have a vagueness that makes it quite different. Hope you like it.

abstract8.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 324K
    edited December 1969

I made a few new height maps in world machine, here is one of them textured and renderd :)

Coast.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 202K
  • sasa Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

mermaid0105 : All three show surprising depth .
    Are these default settings for http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-gemstones-two-the-hall-set ?
    Thank you for the post .

edited December 1969

mermaid0105 : All three show surprising depth .
    Are these default settings for http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-gemstones-two-the-hall-set ?
    Thank you for the post .

Yes I used mainly David's default settings with some very slight changes ;)

edited December 1969

Hansmar - thanks. I like your render, very nice effect.

Tim - another awesome render

• Babalar1Babalar1 Posts: 71
    edited March 2015

@fencepost52 I'll have to hold off on making any models for a time since there is still plenty for me to learn in the basics. But wouldn't mind seeing some of your renders if you don't mind.

@mermaid010: Thank you. great looking models

@David Brinnen: I believe your right about the use of 2d programs for some aiding in the process. The biggest use for me is when the bryce scene is getting to overwhelming (memory-wise) and I'm finding it helpful to render, eliminate certain objects, add new objects, render again and finally cut and paste all the doodads back into the scene with the ps. If anyone knows a better less time-consuming process, I would be eternally grateful:)

@hansmar: Thanks. amazing lighting affect on yours.

@Tim Bateman: Excellent interior scene. The lighting and mood is perfect.

@vivien1: THanks for your encouraging words. Love the gorge scene.

Post edited by Babalar1 on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Saxa-ma-phone!

A different perspective.

Saxamaphone.jpg
    650 x 650 - 204K
    edited December 1969

@ mermaid - Nice renders, particularly the third one

@ hansmar - Interesting abstract

@ Tim - Really like the sky in your render

@ The Savage - Homer would be so happy to have this Saxa-ma-phone

Thanks for all your comments and a big thank to David and Horo for your advice on lighting the gorge, I opted for HDRI.

canion_hdr2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 323K
    edited December 1969

@ vivien1, thank you :) ....and your new scene looks awesome, great results! ...well done and keep at it :)

edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - very nice renders with the Gemstones.

@hansmar - thank you. It's always amazing what can be done in Bryce by just changing a thing or two.

@Tim - very nice landscape.

@dave - the close-up of the saxaphone looks great.

@vivien1 - a great scene much improved, looks really real.

• RazorlightRazorlight Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Background made in Bryce and then mapped onto something spherical in poser, with lots of ray tracing which I've not really used that much.

an1-copy.jpg
    960 x 540 - 111K
  • dragonfall1221dragonfall1221 Posts: 69
    edited December 1969

@fencepost52 - that is a gorgeous scene. your water is so beautiful and the balloons are a great touch. Can't wait to see the shore.
    @vivien - that gorge has a very primordial feel. I keep expecting to see a dinosaur swim past :)
    @mermaid010 - lovely jewels. stop making me want to buy that package!
    @hansmar - I like. the lighting is interesting.
    @tim bateman - I will forever be jealous of your ability to make landscapes. simply stunning
    @theSavage64 - I love the textures on the saxa-ma-phone. the wear on the keys is great.
    @kevinodwyer - very scifi.

Finally got Bryce to merge two files without crashing. still needs tweaking, but here is the palace and two terraces. Only one more to go.

interior_shot.jpg
    1200 x 540 - 516K
    Untitled.jpg
    1200 x 563 - 724K
    palace_and_two_tiers_arial.jpg
    1200 x 540 - 635K
    palace_and_two_tiers.jpg
    1200 x 563 - 661K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Robborfla1, Vivien1, Horo and Dragonfall for the nice comments.

Dave – very nice the saxophone render

Vivien1 – great improvement, the scene looks awesome

Kevinodwyer – nice render,

Dragonfall – wow the renders are great. You did a great job placing the objects. I still have lots of problems with that.

edited December 1969

great renders from every one, really great work :)

edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Will provide my feedback a little later, but really nice renders from everybody!

Added a sea foam effect using David's tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jAnm80rx6Q&index=3&list=PLawc-o22oZ7dJi7t2PzHmZo43iPQRhlYF

Not sure if I like it or not, but the other shoreline methods won't work (at least not with my current knowledge) because the terrain I've used isn't flat on the edges and I can't get the terrains to match up correctly using the techniques described in David's tutorials on the subject. I did use a hypertexture in the diffuse channel to get more output from the foam. Anyway, here it is....

Distant_Terrain_with_Water_Anisotropic_Effect_With_Clouds_5.jpg
    1500 x 750 - 813K
    edited December 1969

@kevinodwyer - looks interesting.

@dragonfall1221 - great job.

@Art - what's wrong with the shoreline? You don't want it up to the summits.

edited December 1969

@vivien1: The gorge looks very nice. The lighting is a big improvement.

@mermaid: I like your jewels and other objects! My favorite is the middle set with the heart. Love the deep red.

@hansmar: Interesting abstract. I see what looks like a wheel/propeller. Did you use a spaceship model in the render?

@tim: Another nice landscape render. I'm going to have to look into world machine. Haven't played with it before, but see lots of great height maps generated with it.

@fencepost52 I'll have to hold off on making any models for a time since there is still plenty for me to learn in the basics. But wouldn't mind seeing some of your renders if you don't mind.

Are you wanting to see some of my Bryce files or just the renders?

@Savage: Great saxophone. Do you play? I played mostly tenor and alto sax, but occasionally baritone. I really like the render and miss playing.

@kevinodwyer: Interesting. Kinda looks like the silver surfer.

@dragonfall1221: That scenery looks awesome. You've done a superb job. Where did you get your plants from?

@Art - what's wrong with the shoreline? You don't want it up to the summits.

Oh, it just looks too consistent; too perfect. Maybe I'm just being hyper-critical. :) I will say, however, that it is one of my favorite renders.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

@Savage: Great saxophone. Do you play? I played mostly tenor and alto sax, but occasionally baritone. I really like the render and miss playing.

No, I don't play Sax... I'm a guitarist. :-)

The Sax model looks a bit unusual when you see it all (see render below)... But I can't put my finger on why...

SaxamaphoneALT2.jpg
    900 x 650 - 275K
    edited December 1969

No, I don't play Sax... I'm a guitarist. :-)

The Sax model looks a bit unusual when you see it all (see render below)... But I can't put my finger on why...

I knew you were a guitarist, but thought maybe you played sax too. It does look odd. I think the proportions aren't correct. Either the main body is too short or the bell is too high up on the body.

Nice new render, btw.

edited December 1969

Thank you Tim, mermaid, fencepost, dragonfall and Horo for your nice comments.

@ Kevindwyer - Interesting image

@ Fencepost - I really like the perspective. I have the same problem with making shorelines, but yours worked well.

@TheSavage - Nice render. I have to agree with fencepost with the proportions of the sax

@dragonfall - Brilliant! My mind boggles just thinking of how your wireframe view would look like. Interesting how you merged two files together. and still growing.

I though I play a bit with Bryce primitives. I had fun putting it together

bryce_park_1.jpg
    1754 x 885 - 317K
  • CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

I could have sworn I saw something in a tutorial or video about a trick to make an object in a scene skip the antialias step, while the rest of the objects in the scene go through the antialias. I made a note on a scrap of paper that says "Hold shift-ctrl while clicking the check mark to close the attributes". Last night I decided to try that, but it didn't work at all. Either I didn't make the note right, it doesn't work in Bryce 5.5, or it doesn't work on certain types of objects, (a tree in my test render). Can anyone tell me which or what?

This is the WIP I was interested in trying it on. In this render, I stopped the render process in the antialias step at the bottom of the screen. It is the grass, (made from trees), that I was trying to skip the antialias on. You can see how smooth the grass that went through antialias became, but I like the effect of skipping the antialias at the bottom of the screen.

I suppose one solution would be to make three renders; one with antialias, one without, and an object mask, then use PSP to get the desired results from the three, but I'm much too lazy for that. I only have Bryce 7.1 on my father's computer, (if that is the correct answer), and I can't always use his, so I was playing on my own computer that can't run 7.1. I can finish most of the image in 5.5, then transfer it to the 7.1 machine for the final render, if that will work. Will it?

(BTW, this has nothing to do with science fiction.)

Also, has anyone compiled a compendium of such covert tricks they can share? I see a lot of tricks scattered around, but no definitive list. Um, I have scraps of paper with scribbling on them, usually obscured by math equations involving multiples or fractions of 20.48, but not even I, (their scribbler), can make sense of many of them. I'm hoping someone out there that is more organized than myself can share.

Cemetary.jpg
    1760 x 922 - 1M
This discussion has been closed.