Free collection of 328 Iray-ready Daz Texture Presets made from Nobiax’s Freebie Textures! v0.99

kaz42kaz42 Posts: 63
edited October 2020 in Freebies

I did these for Carrara a few weeks ago, and have now plugged them all into Iray Base Shaders for use in Daz. I got permission from Nobiax again to redistribute these in another format.

I'd like the community's help in making these perfect for Iray. So far, I have only plugged in the texture maps, set Metallicity on the appropriate presets, set a basic level of SubD and Displacement on the presets that include a displacement map, and set a basic Emission level on the few presets that include those maps.

Please comment below if you find any default tweaks that need to be made to these - too shiny, not shiny enough, looks way better with metallic flakes, etc. Please give detailed info on what you'd like to see changed and renders if possible. I'll rerelease a new version with whatever fixes we come up with, including adding tags. Some normal/spec maps might be incorrect, as I was drag/dropping them into Daz... I noticed a few that didn't take the first time I dropped them onto the channel, so I can't say 100% will be right. Let me know! :P if you want to fix them for your own use before the 1.00 release, all the texture maps are included, you just have to switch it within Daz.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As9Ny7LXXQmrgaNnXmXcXD5aAfMHog?e=mVcNKQ

Enjoy!

-The Carrara shader pack is also available from this download link. Since the Daz Studio community is bigger and I'm more likely to get feedback and changes here, I'll port any changes over to the Carrara pack sometime in the future - maybe (hopefully!) when Carrara gets Iray.

(from the ReadMe)

Assembled in DAZ Studio 4.8 Pro Public Build by kaz42 (Daz)/The-Golemancer (DevArt)

328 Daz Studio Iray-compliant shaders made from the "Free Textures Packs 1-55" by Nobiax (ShareCG and DevArt), as well as his free Impact texture set and commissioned Medieval texture set. Please visit Nobiax's pages for some nice free models, as well as links to his Unity and UE4 commercial work.

All shaders include Diffuse and Normal channels. Most include Specular, and a few also include Displacement and Glow.

All shaders are provided as-is. They were made using the default settings other than the texture channels, so some may need additional tweaking (reducing shininess, for instance) to look their best.

These shaders are free for any and all use, including commercial.

I'd love to see what you do with them at the-golemancer.deviantart.com/ :)

--------------------------------------
Original textures by Nobiax - redistributed with express permission. Original permissions from Nobiax below.
--------------------------------------

** Provided by Nobiax.

** Absolutely free to use or to modify in any kind of work (personal, commercial or else).

** Give me a link of the result at nobiax.deviantart.com ;)

Post edited by kaz42 on

Comments

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508
    edited December 1969

Thats a BIG download! Thanks in advance to trying them

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    edited December 1969

Wow, these are really great. Huge file but lots of good things to study here. One quick render with two of your presets.

Quickie.png
    1229 x 950 - 2M
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Please...these are NOT shaders.

They are presets.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    edited March 2015

A more involved render using several presets from this set. The brick wall, the cobblestone ground, the painted woodwork and the small grassy patch were all from this set. Really useful!

By the way, I only ran this for about 2 minutes so it's pretty grainy still. Don't blame the presets!

Wahington_At_Indy_Hall.png
    1229 x 950 - 2M
    Post edited by grinch2901 on
  • kaz42kaz42 Posts: 63
    edited March 2015

mjc1016 said:

They are presets.

Sorry, I was using the Carrara definition of shaders, since I've spent most of my time in there lately. You're correct, they're not procedural, just multiple textures in channels with all the Iray settings available. I changed the OP so as not to confuse any more Daz-centric people. Sorry if I wasted your bandwidth on a bunch of presets... ;)

Grinch - Nice renders! You've already done more with them than I have, though to be fair I spent most of the last two days plugging these in. :P

Post edited by kaz42 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,709
    edited December 1969

kaz42 said:
    mjc1016 said:

They are presets.

Sorry, I was using the Carrara definition of shaders, since I've spent most of my time in there lately. You're correct, they're not procedural, just multiple textures in channels with all the Iray settings available. I changed the OP so as not to confuse any more Daz-centric people. Sorry if I wasted your bandwidth on a bunch of presets... ;)

Grinch - Nice renders! You've already done more with them than I have, though to be fair I spent most of the last two days plugging these in. :P
    LOL yes I have been schooled too
    I just call everything a shader too
    some are procedural others texture map based, they all colour in my pretty models

• SempieSempie Posts: 651
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

They are presets.

Throughout the VFX industry, the word 'shader' is used for the presets as well.
    As in - 'Do you have a good rusty metal shader I could use; saves me the time
    of making one from scratch myself'.'

Don't see why Poser or Studio should make exceptions on that habit...

(I'm a 2D professional myself, but I've worked next to a team creating VFX for Iron Man 3 and
    other Marvel stuff, with people that previously worked at Weta and Digital Domain; overheard a lot of
    discussions between interns and the veterans, and the veterans with the pipeline department, until it
    nearly drove me crazy; I should know...,)

What would be nice is to have some texture independent shaders as well, as
    in the old HSS system; or Bagginsbill's VSS human skin presets for Poser, that left the
    original textures intact and just added extra nodes.

Generic presets for a variety of materials (cloth, wood, stone, etc), that leave the original
    textures intact, would be very helpful. As in, load existing clothing items, or an existing set, like
    one of Stonemason, where I do not wish to use entirely new textures, but just enhance the existing
    ones with proper shaders, without having to create all of these node trees yourself...,

But thanks for this set - I'm not going to use Studio 4.8 before the official release, but
    I'm sure these will be very useful.

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,949
    edited December 1969

I haven't installed DS 4.8 waiting for installer version :), I hope I will be able to use this soon. Thanks for such a generous and nice set.

edited March 2015

kaz42 said:
    mjc1016 said:

They are presets.

LOL yes I have been schooled too
    I just call everything a shader too
    some are procedural others texture map based, they all colour in my pretty models

Amen. Before this last run at Carrara, I was messing with Unreal Engine 4. In UE4, it's either a texture or a shader, plain and simple. A single image is a texture, any number of combined images/nodes/magic is a shader. That's how it should be, IMO. If you want to differentiate Daz's definition of "shader," just call it a procedural shader.

Everyone give props to Nobiax too, and check out his Devart page (in the OP)... He has a bunch of free models for download too, and there are links to some of his even better paid models. He deserves a plug for letting me assemble these Texture Presets and for all his great work. :)

Post edited by kaz42 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

So generous of you and Nobiax! Thanks so very much!

• kittenwyldekittenwylde Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the goodies! Downloading right now. :) This should help add some fun to Iray experimentation. And Carrara, since I'm supposedly learning Carrara right now.

• ArchSenexArchSenex Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Not being able to use some of the nature/environment shaders I'd just picked up was my only real concern with iRay, and this goes a long way to helping with that. Here's hoping just the first of many to help round out and update our selections

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Maybe i sound stupid (which is nothing new), but must I download the textue packs from ShareCG too? It was not clear in the description.

And BTW: Why are the PRESETS for Iray in DAZ Studio under the SHADER PRESETS, if they are NOT shaders? %-P

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

A preset applies settings - a shader preset applies settings to all selected surfaces on all selected items. A shader is the actual code used by the renderer. A new shader needs at least one preset to apply it, but a preset need not be a new shader.

edited December 1969

Maybe i sound stupid (which is nothing new), but must I download the textue packs from ShareCG too? It was not clear in the description.

No, this ZIP contains all the texture packs, no need to download all 50+ individually. That's just part of why Nobiax rocks for letting me do this, it redistributes all that stuff into one easy download. ;) Well, one easy 2GB download, but still...

edited March 2015

I am just downloading this, 0,9gb more to go. I have already downloaded all textures from ShareCG before. Hope I will be able to use this :)

Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,709
    edited December 1969

I have used carrara ones, you do not need the sharecg textures

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

kaz42 said:

No, this ZIP contains all the texture packs, no need to download all 50+ individually. That's just part of why Nobiax rocks for letting me do this, it redistributes all that stuff into one easy download. ;) Well, one easy 2GB download, but still...

If anything was ever up to being turned into a torrent download...this is it.

I've tried over the past several days to grab this but I always end up with a busted download...because it never completes before my internet connection does something wonky....and no, it doesn't seem the server it's coming from gracefully resumes a download.

• Lonesome CowboyLonesome Cowboy Posts: 149
    edited March 2015

I only get this.
    Why is this white?
    I was not able to "green" it ...

Iray Nobiax Shaders

ira00g.jpg
    1000 x 375 - 282K
    Post edited by Lonesome Cowboy on
    edited December 1969

Iray isn't just lighting the diffuse texture of the light, there's a separate Emission Map being used in Iray. If you open Surfaces and hover over the pic next to Emission Color, you'll see the light is as expected for this image - a gradient with white in the middle fading to bluish at the outer edge. The difference between your two renders isn't the light rendering wrong in 3Delight, it's the difference between the light on or off. :)

There's two ways you can change it. The yellowish example below was done by changing Emission Temperature to 2600, Luminance 300, making for a softer yellow light (that when mixed with the blue from the Emission map, made a sort of green).

The more green example was done with the same Temp/Luminance settings as above, but changing the Emission Color from white to 0.032, 0.28, 0.20. You do lose some of the brightness by changing Emission Color, but it's an effective way of changing the whole light color. If you're only using Emission Temperature, you're limited to normal light colors blended with the color of the map.

Texture_test_1.png
    800 x 600 - 524K
    Texture_test_2.png
    800 x 600 - 692K
    edited March 2015

hmmm ....
    now i adjusted your suggestions.
    - with a luminance of 300 the pic is to bright (see luminanz300.png)
    - it is not possible to change the emission-color in that way you suggested (see emisionscolor.png) (in the color-choosing-window)
    - when i change the emission-color, then the structure is lost (colorchange.png)

is there a way to get the colors and lights like the shader / plane looks like without lots of experiments?
    I only want to get this green like it looks like in the daz-edit and i am not able to do this.

thanks for help

colorchange.png
    730 x 351 - 136K
    emisioncolor.png
    774 x 445 - 183K
    luminanz300.png
    651 x 473 - 254K
    edited December 1969

hmmm ....
    now i adjusted your suggestions.
    - with a luminance of 300 the pic is to bright (see luminanz300.png)
    - it is not possible to change the emission-color in that way you suggested (see emisionscolor.png) (in the color-choosing-window)
    - when i change the emission-color, then the structure is lost (colorchange.png)

is there a way to get the colors and lights like the shader / plane looks like without lots of experiments?
    I only want to get this green like it looks like in the daz-edit and i am not able to do this.

thanks for help

I'm not sure why you're getting the blown out lights... I compared your settings to mine used in the renders above and they look exactly the same. Could be something in your Render Settings, maybe turn off the Headlamp on your camera? I rendered the green one above in both Sun/Sky mode and Scene Only and came out with pretty much the same render both times, so it's probably not your Environment Mode. These test shots I've been doing were from a fresh Studio session, just loaded in a plane and dropped the preset on it, and just using my Perspective View for the camera.

As for getting it to look more like the unlit version you see in 3Delight, you CAN switch the Emission Map over to the Diffuse Map by clicking on the Emission Map image. It will make the entire surface glow, but with this particular preset, since the light takes up so much of the surface anyway, it could work depending on what you're using it for. Here's a render using the diffuse as emission color, same settings I used above (2600 Emission Temp, 300 Luminance, color 0.032, 0.28, 0.2)

Texture_test_3.png
    800 x 600 - 706K
    edited March 2015

I have downloaded it. First time I forgot about download and closed my lap top so it was canceled at 1.3gb. But second time I had troubles with connection but 2 times were able to restore download with Firefox (both times around 1GB). I like how it is done, maybe it could be divided into smaller parts, but I got it without too much trouble.

Just one question, as I am still using DS 4.7 without Iray support, will I be able to use this shaders as usual shaders till I uprgrade to 4.8?

Post edited by MilosGulan on
    edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    I have downloaded it. First time I forgot about download and closed my lap top so it was canceled at 1.3gb. But second time I had troubles with connection but 2 times were able to restore download with Firefox (both times around 1GB). I like how it is done, maybe it could be divided into smaller parts, but I got it without too much trouble.

Just one question, as I am still using DS 4.7 without Iray support, will I be able to use this shaders as usual shaders till I uprgrade to 4.8?

They're all made from an Iray Base Shader, so I'm not sure if they would even load in DS 4.7. It may still be able to load in the texture maps and be usable in 3Delight (minus some of the special stuff, like the ones with emissive shaders and metallics) but it may just come up as an unreadable file. Can't hurt to try, just test them on some new planes in a new project, just to be sure it won't break anything in a scene you've worked hard on. ;)

edited March 2015

Now i have loaded the shader again from menue (without additional normal Iray-shader). I used here only the shaders from Nobiax.
    I reduced the Environment-Intensity to 5 (Startvalue was 100) and set the gamma to 1.47
    Looks better now.
    I think for shadows i have to ad an additional Distant-light, but then the scene will be to bright again ... ?

ira004.jpg
    800 x 600 - 330K
    2015-03-20_2230.png
    182 x 532 - 21K
    edited December 1969

Now i have loaded the shader again from menue (without additional normal Iray-shader). I used here only the shaders from Nobiax.
    I reduced the Environment-Intensity to 5 (Startvalue was 100) and set the gamma to 1.47
    Looks better now.
    I think for shadows i have to ad an additional Distant-light, but then the scene will be to bright again ... ?

That could be your problem... Environment Intensity default is 1.00, not 100. :) Turn that back to 1, set your Gamma to 2.20.

edited March 2015

hmmm ....
    result with Environment Intensity 1.00, Gamma 2.20.
    not really good

And how can i add a shadow to the figure.
    I added a distant-light with raytraced shadow but the shadow is not visible.

ira005.jpg
    800 x 600 - 284K
  • LimunLimun Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Thanks man , very nice share

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982
    edited December 1969

Thanks for this pack! :-D

• stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 514
    edited May 2015

Thank you.