Free collection of 328 Iray-ready Daz Texture Presets made from Nobiax’s Freebie Textures! v0.99

Comments

• kaz42kaz42 Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

You're welcome. :) Glad to see it getting used. Nobiax makes some very nice stuff.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Nobiax and caz42. I had picked up a few from SCG, but now I have a bunch. :-)

• AnIronButterflyAnIronButterfly Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

Thank you! I have now gone and looked up Nobiax on DA and ShareCG for future purusal of their work--and I'll be back to look at this thread for more of yours, caz42! :)

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

I was yesterday searching for this thread and couldn't find it :/ but I found one with carrara shaders where is link for Iray Nobiax shaders. I got them installed and they work really good. Thanks so much for this, very nicely done.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104
    edited December 1969

Wow! Many thanks to you and Nobiax for this fantastic resource!

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921
    edited December 1969

Thanks, now if only I knew where to put these so it would show up in daz studio 4.8 beta...

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Thank you for sharing these

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

How much of a performance hit will Daz have..at all..if all of this is put in the library at once, being over 3.5 gigs unzipped?

(thanks for the upload!)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Scavenger said:
    How much of a performance hit will Daz have..at all..if all of this is put in the library at once, being over 3.5 gigs unzipped?

(thanks for the upload!)

I've downloaded smaller operating systems...

As long as Studio is closed when you add it, none (maybe a bit longer start the first time after adding it).

edited December 1969

So Daz doesn't care how big it's library is? How shockingly well programmed.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Downloaded and installing.  Can't wait to play!  Thx for making these possible for us, and for free!laugh

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

More goodies to experiment with.  Thank you.   

• I've downloaded them, and.... they simply apply the IRAY base shader with nothing applied to it on my box.   Any idea what's going on?  I'm using 4.8

Make sure you installed it right so the texture maps are available.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

Outstanding :) Time to get to modifying them for use. I have a pair of glasses to ship that need Iray shaders in the worst way... Carrara shaders just aren't cutting it, y'know?

• Thank you very much :D I will try it out laters. 

• Outstanding! Thanks for the gift!

• WandererWanderer Posts: 956
    edited September 2015

Thanks so much for these. It's really generous sharing these.

Quick question: I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if the shader needs tweaking, but I applied the spiderweb tiles (067) shader to a plane primitive to use behind a figure and it came out a little wonky. Two of the corner tiles came out okay, but the other two came out swapped around. Is there something I can do to fix this or is it just that way or does the shader need something done? 

Here's an example render real quick to show what I mean (not great, just quick):image

Post edited by Wanderer on
  • thnx for sharing!! 

• Thankyou for sharing, this is a massive download.  I will be using them on Iray, and even if some dont work, thank you ever so much :D

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

Thanks so much for the materials, look forward to using them.

• (Reposting from the carrara thread where I accidently put these)

I'm having a great time with these shaders.  I started off using it to spice up old props like turning this: into this:

I especially like the floor pattern there.

• (And this one)

Then today I tried putting the textures onto a person, and behold:  instant super hero suits:

But watch out for the "maximum displacement" setting.  If you let it go as it is, you get the figure on the right in the last pic.  Which is the same texture and figure as the 3rd pic.

• kaz42kaz42 Posts: 63

Beautiful stuff. Do you remember which material that was in the last image, with the displacement problem? I fixed a bunch of those while I was working on them, but with a ton of materials to plug in and my brain kind of working on autopilot after a while, combined with the fact I was previewing them all on the flat planes used in the thumbnails, I obviously missed some. ;) If you could post any that you find problems with, or that just need tweaks like that to look right, please post the info here so others know, and so I can fix them in a future release. Nobiax has two new sets up on CGShare (+10 new textures) so I may be asking permission to add those soon, and I can make any changes needed to the old textures when I do that.

Assuming he'll let me do that, I'll update the main pack but I'll make sure to also put together a "patch" version with just the new textures and fixes, so you guys won't have to download the whole gig+ again. :P

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Wow, awesome. Attempting to download...

Oh man. Awesome stuff. With Filter Forge and a bunch of other things, I am floating on an ocean of wonderful Iray shaders. ;)

• JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265

(And this one)

Then today I tried putting the textures onto a person, and behold:  instant super hero suits:

Really creative!! Do you remember which texture is on the 3rd figure at the right in the above pic? She'd make a great villain type character.

• Oh man. Awesome stuff. With Filter Forge and a bunch of other things, I am floating on an ocean of wonderful Iray shaders. ;)

Does Filter Forge make iRay shaders or how do you use it with iRay?

FilterForge makes textures. In many case, it can spit out seamless tiling Diffuse/Bump/Normal maps (and sometimes other maps).

It's then not terribly hard to use those for an Iray shader. For example, metallic deck plate, I might go: PlateDiffuse -> Diffuse texture, PlateBump -> Metallic/Glossy weight (so that the 'holes' in the plate are dull black), PlateBump -> Bump map (duh), PlateNormal -> Normal map (duhx2).

Maybe use bump map for displacement if I want it to be more visibly raised.

Using stuff like that, I was able to turn some fairly simple shapes into cool stuff, like:

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Cluster-Cargo-Hauler-561561776

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/IK-Free-Station2-564855313

Now, both were editted a bunch. For the cargo hauler, I played with the diffuse map to create an emission map for the 'windows.'

The space station is a torus with a geoshell. I used the plate bump map and created a cutout mask such that the lowest part of the map was transparent, showing the inner torus. The bump map was then used on both surfaces as a displacement map, I ofset the tiling of the two surfaces so it wouldn't look obviously the same, then played with one of the maps to make an emission map for the interior.

FilterForge gives you interesting patterns that you can play with in really fun ways, rather than trawling through the internet and hoping you actually have rights to use whatever you come across.

Right now the product costs $400 (professional includes bump/normal maps and file sizes larger than 3000x3000, which ... I wouldn't want to do without), which I would never pay. But keep an eye on it for a sale. ;)

• Thanks timmins.william!!!