DAZ Studio Pro BETA [Project Iradium] - version 4.8.0.4!

Comments

• VoltisArtVoltisArt Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Nice progress, guys!

I've done a video for those wishing to start out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5FZ5gS9v50&feature=youtu.be

That was a great video! Very informative. We use the same layout so once I'd aligned my tabs the way you had I knew where everything you were talking about was, that made things a lot easier to follow. It certainly makes me a little less reticent about trying Iray once the full version of DS hits.

Small side note, is there a limit to how many tabs you can have in that layout?

CHEERS!

Wow...my memory was better than I thought it was, at least with who made the vid. Thanks for reposting. :)

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

You shouldn't need to reinstall for the same type of install - production or beta - but you would need to install for the first production build and first beta on a given system.

Actually, now I think of it, I may only have installed and ran 4.7 without doing anything. I do remember the first scene I rendered had AoA lights and they worked.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

VoltisArt said:

Wow...my memory was better than I thought it was, at least with who made the vid. Thanks for reposting. :)

I totally missed it when she first posted it, I nicked that quote from another post.

CHEERS!

• PotatoHeadPotatoHead Posts: 38
    edited March 2015

Not sure where to file a bug report, didn't see anything stand out in the main post, and it's 5 am.

Setting up a render to render an Image Series and then decrementing and (trying to) re-increment the End range sets the value at max-0.0003. I.e I have 6 frames, the range becomes 0; 5.99979, essentially dropping the last frame.

Post edited by PotatoHead on
  • ssllavssllav Posts: 12
    edited March 2015

This is a huge step forward. I'm about adding IRAY. BUT the nearest test showed that the small details are based on surface (bump map), such as veins and arteries will not work. Correct me if I'm wrong, or tell me how will it work?
    LuxRender have same problem.

Post edited by ssllav on
  • EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    edited December 1969

Not sure where to file a bug report, didn't see anything stand out in the main post, and it's 5 am.

Setting up a render to render an Image Series and then decrementing and (trying to) re-increment the End range sets the value at max-0.0003. I.e I have 6 frames, the range becomes 0; 5.99979, essentially dropping the last frame.

I'm asking the same.... about reporting a bug.... But I can't find any thread for it so I just post a new one

edited December 1969

Click the Help tab next to Forums at the top of the screen, I'm sure you'll find something in there.

CHEERS!

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

I'm asking the same.... about reporting a bug.... But I can't find any thread for it so I just post a new one

Bug Tracker link is in first post of the first page, but posting here, too.

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited March 2015

Why is it that my scene is always illuminated by some kind of sun light even after I turn the headlamp off? I need to test something with just one light source, but there`s always this very bright misterious omnipresent light source and I can`t find where is it coming from .__.

EDIT: Never mind, it was the environment -.-

Post edited by Soto on
    edited March 2015

Hello Hellboy,

Now, out of anyone rendering in Iray, I think you are the one artist I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing something from. I still haven't got over that 3Delight render called Skin Study you did, still can't replicate that by the way!

Can't wait...

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    ...still can't replicate that by the way!

Me either LOL!! Really I forgot what i did there. I know the scene is somewhere in my old PC tho` XD

Thanks! I did this:

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/60645

I am really enjoying this so far!! :D

edited March 2015

And there we have it, another render that leaves everyone else standing! You need to do some tutorials while you can still remember what you're doing! I've done 3Delight renders of Jamie that come close to what you did in Lux.

I will try Iray when full DS comes out, though it will only be in CPU mode, mind you, there's so much in 3Delight I still have to get and try too....

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,744
    edited December 1969

ssllav said:
    This is a huge step forward. I'm about adding IRAY. BUT the nearest test showed that the small details are based on surface (bump map), such as veins and arteries will not work. Correct me if I'm wrong, or tell me how will it work?
    LuxRender have same problem.

IRay also can use displacements, you just have to make sure you turn on the subD levels for the displacement, or they will not show up.

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited March 2015

Very nice render thd!

Could you tell me what kind of HDR map you use? I have a ton of different 'global' light maps, some are the mirrored ball type, some are wide, and some are the 'unwrapped sphere' kind. I'm curious as to what type Iray likes best. Thanks!

Thanks, I used one of the .hdr versions of the Yosemite pack 2 from DimensionTheory's store here: http://www.daz3d.com/hdr-prosets-yosemite-pack-two

I didn't need to see the background image, I only needed the light for this picture.

Ciao
    TD

Post edited by thd777 on
  • EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    edited December 1969

Bug Tracker link is in first post of the first page, but posting here, too.

Thanks! But the link is leading me to a normal bug report which dont even have 4.8 beta for the application selection *face palm*
    Which application should I choose then

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557
    edited December 1969

Will iray exr output be enabled? If not, and regardless of liking iray a lot, Luxrender is my choice for any work I might do using DazStudio. Actually, it's not even a choice ;)

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to save the render settings as a preset?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,671
    edited December 1969

Eva1 said:

File>Save as>Render Settings Preset

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Can anyone tell me why as soon as I open Studio 4.8 it immediately starts rendering with the iray renderer so I go to the draw settings and click drawstop everytime I open it then it quits until I click the render button? So far I haven't found this very intuitive to navigate around and find all the settings so thank you to everyone who has posted their findings

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited December 1969

Eva1 said:

File>Save as>Render Settings Preset
    Thank you:)

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Can anyone tell me why as soon as I open Studio 4.8 it immediately starts rendering with the iray renderer so I go to the draw settings and click drawstop everytime I open it then it quits until I click the render button? So far I haven't found this very intuitive to navigate around and find all the settings so thank you to everyone who has posted their findings

Do you mean in the viewport? That sounds as if DS is not remembering the last settings used correctly. If you go to Help>Troubleshooting>View Log, find the +++DAZ+++ Studio Starting line for the current session and look above it is there a ---DAZ Studio exited--- line immediately above it?

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:

Do you mean in the viewport? That sounds as if DS is not remembering the last settings used correctly. If you go to Help>Troubleshooting>View Log, find the +++DAZ+++ Studio Starting line for the current session and look above it is there a ---DAZ Studio exited--- line immediately above it?

No there isn't : I copied and pasted this from the log from where I shut down studio and restarted and of course the renderer started right away and I had to shut it off again using draw stop

Iray INFO - module:category(BLEND:RENDER): 1.1 BLEND rend info : blend render (build 231000.7639, 21 Feb 2015) initialized
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    DEBUG: End DAZ Studio to Hexagon Bridge log...
    --------------- DAZ Studio 4.8.0.4 exited ------------------
    ~
    +++++++++++++++ DAZ Studio 4.8.0.4 starting +++++++++++++++++
    Platform bits: 64
    Qt Version: 4.8.6
    OpenSubdiv Version: 2.3.5
    Running on Windows 7, Build 7601, Service Pack 1
    CPU Information:

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

OMG That Core Temp program froze my computer to a stand still. Uninstalled that after 3 times. Every time I would start it up after about 30 seconds EVERYTHING would go unresponsive. For a program that's supposed to work in the background it sure is buggy!

VoltisArt said:
    SpyroRue said:
    It would be really really good if we had a GPU/CPU temp monitor in daz when running IRay renders, including for the NVidia IRay preview in viewport. Also buttons to pause and resume rendering, both the full render and the viewport. The NVidia IRay view seems to run infinite (I dont know its limits), which is fine, but the ability to pause/resume it would really be good to give the GPU a break once in a while, so that progress isn't lost as long as you don't modify the scene.

Other than that OMG I love this render engine! Daz has certainly leaped miles forward :cheese:

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ Can run in the background, with icons showing CPU temps. There are various GPU monitoring programs and Windows desktop gadgets, but I've not seen one yet that's quite as persistent but also out of the way.

Limits for rendering are in the Render Settings/Editor panel, under Progressive Rendering. The three to look for are Max samples, Max Time and Rendering Converged Ratio. Whichever of these three items is reached first, stops each render from continuing.

• DrPingyDrPingy Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    OMG That Core Temp program froze my computer to a stand still. Uninstalled that after 3 times. Every time I would start it up after about 30 seconds EVERYTHING would go unresponsive. For a program that's supposed to work in the background it sure is buggy!

VoltisArt said:
    SpyroRue said:
    It would be really really good if we had a GPU/CPU temp monitor in daz when running IRay renders, including for the NVidia IRay preview in viewport. Also buttons to pause and resume rendering, both the full render and the viewport. The NVidia IRay view seems to run infinite (I dont know its limits), which is fine, but the ability to pause/resume it would really be good to give the GPU a break once in a while, so that progress isn't lost as long as you don't modify the scene.

Other than that OMG I love this render engine! Daz has certainly leaped miles forward :cheese:

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ Can run in the background, with icons showing CPU temps. There are various GPU monitoring programs and Windows desktop gadgets, but I've not seen one yet that's quite as persistent but also out of the way.

Limits for rendering are in the Render Settings/Editor panel, under Progressive Rendering. The three to look for are Max samples, Max Time and Rendering Converged Ratio. Whichever of these three items is reached first, stops each render from continuing.

Better is GPU-Z: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2463/techpowerup-gpu-z-v0-8-2/

• AalaAala Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

So, has anyone tried to render a scene with the CPU only and then with a GPU and compared the render times?

I'm currently stuck with a CPU-only laptop, and I was wondering if IRAY is worth it for me...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited March 2015

DrPingy said:
    RAMWolff said:

Better is GPU-Z: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2463/techpowerup-gpu-z-v0-8-2/

OH, this feels like home. I love the improvements they made on this little helper program. WOW. Even a link directly to my cards info page. COOL BEANS! Thanks Dr.!

Oh and here is the link to my cards info. Nicely laid out and easy to read:

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b2197/msi-gtx-760-oc.html

I obviously will need one very powerful card or two bridged cards. I'll await to see what deals DAZ and NVIDIA reach and offer us!

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • JimbowJimbow Posts: 557
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

I obviously will need one very powerful card or two bridged cards.

Best to deactivate SLI for rendering as iray doesn't use it anyway, and I believe SLI can reduce rendering performance. The important thing is that the scene fits in each cards memory.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

VoltisArt said:
    SpyroRue said:

I use RealTemp and it seems to work fine. You can set an alert temperature too so it alerts you if that temperature is reached.
  • MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Looked promising at first but mine installed with no Iray shaders at all.

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Kharma said:

No there isn't : I copied and pasted this from the log from where I shut down studio and restarted and of course the renderer started right away and I had to shut it off again using draw stop

Iray INFO - module:category(BLEND:RENDER): 1.1 BLEND rend info : blend render (build 231000.7639, 21 Feb 2015) initialized
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    DEBUG: End DAZ Studio to Hexagon Bridge log...
    --------------- DAZ Studio 4.8.0.4 exited ------------------
    ~
    +++++++++++++++ DAZ Studio 4.8.0.4 starting +++++++++++++++++
    Platform bits: 64
    Qt Version: 4.8.6
    OpenSubdiv Version: 2.3.5
    Running on Windows 7, Build 7601, Service Pack 1
    CPU Information:

No, that's what I was looking for - it does seem to be shutting down normally. Make sure you don't have nVidia Iray selected in the draw style for the viewport or the Aux Viewport, that's the little sphere next to the camera/view picker at top-right.