UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Martinjfrost said:

Finally got a date for the release of Ultracenery Britain - and it is very soon! 

Ive been off gird for a few days as i got two new computer systems, and it took time to get all my bits and bobs up and running on the new rigs, but that was the perfect oppertunity to have a play with the Ultrascenery Botanica set, and maybe do something a bit different, so this time i did a night time render (kinda late to the halloween party but lets call it fairy tale!)

Used one of howies great new biomes and lots of fireflys from the forest fx product. 

Had lots of fun lighting it and for once ( because i used volumetrics) I put the DOF on in daz studio before i rendered. I then discovered that ds will render a depth canvas with the DOF from the daz studio camera backed in which makes an instant mask map for lots of fx like adding a bit more fog etc. 

So keep your eyes on the store for Ulltrascenery Britain - as i said.,.... very soon! 

I'll be watching! Great work!

• Thanks Chaps! 

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

Martinjfrost said:

Finally got a date for the release of Ultracenery Britain - and it is very soon! 

Ive been off gird for a few days as i got two new computer systems, and it took time to get all my bits and bobs up and running on the new rigs, but that was the perfect oppertunity to have a play with the Ultrascenery Botanica set, and maybe do something a bit different, so this time i did a night time render (kinda late to the halloween party but lets call it fairy tale!)

Used one of howies great new biomes and lots of fireflys from the forest fx product. 

Had lots of fun lighting it and for once ( because i used volumetrics) I put the DOF on in daz studio before i rendered. I then discovered that ds will render a depth canvas with the DOF from the daz studio camera backed in which makes an instant mask map for lots of fx like adding a bit more fog etc. 

So keep your eyes on the store for Ulltrascenery Britain - as i said.,.... very soon!

This is magical.... I just learned about depth canvas maps... Gonna have a play with it this weekend... I use DOF in 99percent of my artwork... It really makes the main subject POP!

Even though I live in Ohio... I'm looking forward to your Britian product.  Hubby and I went to England about 10 years ago... Cheshire area... It was pretty much like home for us... We live in a rural county and it was nice to not see giant buildings everywhere... LOL  (we are NOT city people!)

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,389

YES, Britain incoming, and I've still got some money left from the DAZ+ sale! Wheeeeeeee!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited November 2022

I got the mobile home free with one of the Halloween coupons, so of course I put in UltraScenery. The "driveway" is done with a mask and several decals.

Country Mobile Home.jpg
    2200 x 1238 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

I got the mobile home free with one of the Halloween coupons, so of course I put in UltraScenery. The "driveway" is done with a mask and several decals.

Even the car paint matches, well done.

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Thanks. I thought of you, and all the details in your scenes, as I kept adding more and more to the scene, until my graphics card could take no more. 

• barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Thanks. I thought of you, and all the details in your scenes, as I kept adding more and more to the scene, until my graphics card could take no more. 

I also love the woman inside the mobile home, cooking while watching TV?

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

I also love the woman inside the mobile home, cooking while watching TV?

Thanks for noticing her! She's actually just a billboard I made a long time ago. So is the dog. When I made the billboards, I made all 72 versions, along with the masks, to use with the Now Crowd Utilities. That takes a long time! I look for opportunities to use them in my scenes.

German Shepherd Standing 0 0.png
    2048 x 2048 - 822K
    Woman Standing Arms Back 0 0.png
    2048 x 2048 - 729K
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,073

barbult said:

Looks nice! I almost picked up the mobile home too, but then went for something else. One of these days I'll have it. Where is the fence from? I'm a huge collector of fences.

And can't wait!

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,952
    edited November 2022

lou_harper said:

barbult said:

Looks nice! I almost picked up the mobile home too, but then went for something else. One of these days I'll have it. Where is the fence from? I'm a huge collector of fences.

And can't wait!

That looks like Fence Me In, could be wrong.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

The fence is just the fence that came with the mobile home. I just instanced the fence segments to cover the whole scene. I also added a dirt overlay.

barbult said:

This is wonderful Barb... I had the mobile home in my cart at one time and dumped it... Now I'm sorry I did... Where did you get the beat up texture on the home?  I'd love to see a screen shot of your setup from the top.  Interesting.... :)

Llola Lane said:

barbult said:

This is wonderful Barb... I had the mobile home in my cart at one time and dumped it... Now I'm sorry I did... Where did you get the beat up texture on the home?  I'd love to see a screen shot of your setup from the top.  Interesting.... :)

I used dirt and rust geoshells and dirty glass shaders.

• I love the juxtaposition of the last two pieces shared -- magical woodland scene and mundane real-world trailer. Both great works but very different, and both made with UltraScenery. Good stuff!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045
    edited November 2022

After the talk about snow in Ultrascenery I remembered I did this scene a while ago. I used DA Let It Snow for the snow.

Spring Cubs

2022-11-02 21:44:15.486 Total Rendering Time: 2 hours 12 minutes 39.20 seconds

Click on image for full size.

bear-cubs-snow-copyright-001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited November 2022

Fishtales said:

After the talk about snow in Ultrascenery I remembered I did this scene a while ago. I used DA Let It Snow for the snow.

Spring Cubs

2022-11-02 21:44:15.486 Total Rendering Time: 2 hours 12 minutes 39.20 seconds

Click on image for full size.

Oh WOW... yes  Fishtales ... I just rediscovered the Let It Snow shaders in my runtime :)  I put together a quick little scene...

G9 face testsS WINTER test 4minute26second render DONE vb vl ib FRAMED.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 188K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

@Llola Lane

Nice.

I changed the snow shaders to Iray as they load as 3Dlight.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,952
    edited November 2022

A twilight US scene. Although decals are easy enough to use, I couldn't get the scale\tiling the way I wanted it. So I used the Geometry Editor tool instead. Made a selection, converted the selection to a surface and applied a A Peck Of Dirt shader to it.

I call it Mother and Child Reunion

Mother and Child Reunion.jpg
    1828 x 893 - 2M
    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,757
    edited November 2022

@barbult, that render is great of the Mobile Home. I thought I had it but found trailers first, but then opened D|S and found it. Decided to look inside and found a toilet, with a lid, a lid that opens! And the shower's sliding glass doors slide. This PA GeeSee3D did a lot of work. Not only is your render a perfect example of a typical placement of these mobile homes around America, but your additional touches aged it perfectly. 

@Fishtales, your render is so cute and reminded me of a recent sighting of bears who joined a cross-country run last week. The snow is coming tonight to the Front Range of the Rockies. I use DA Let It Snow all the time for my renders, love it.

@Llola_Lane, Your render if fun also. She is very proud of her creation.

@DoctorJellybean, I got spooked at first and then was reminded of some characters a friend wrote about and think he will enjoy your render when he gets up. This is quite in the spirit of his description of them. The hair on the back of my head raised up.

Great way to wake up on a day off.

Mary

Post edited by memcneil70 on
    edited November 2022

DoctorJellybean said:

A twilight US scene. Although decals are easy enough to use, I couldn't get the scale\tiling the way I wanted it. So I used the Geometry Editor tool instead. Made a selection, converted the selection to a surface and applied a A Peck Of Dirt shader to it.

I call it Mother and Child Reunion

Another trailer render! Wow! Your's is as exotic as mine was mundane. Creating a new surface on the terrain is an interesting idea. I'm going to try that and see how it works.

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

Another trailer render! Wow! Your's is as exotic as mine was mundane. Creating a new surface on the terrain is an interesting idea. I'm going to try that and see how it works.

Oh, def nothing mundane about yours. Each tells a different story.

• One Final (hint hint......) teaser for Uttrascenry Britain. Howie and I have been woking on this for a while so quite excited about its very imminant release!

This one was more of a fantasy render, for fun really, a couple of the biomes are heavy on the wild fowers and make wonderful wild fower meadow scenes. Here i actually used a second Ultrascnery landscape as the backdrop to give the heavy woodland fringe in the background.  

Click on the image for a larger version and check out the other images in my gallary for more examples of this and my other products,

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,074
    edited November 2022

Well, I wasn't supposed to make any purchases, but a bunch of US ecologies is (still) on sale, so I grabbed the Heather, Moor, and Wastelands. Here's a quick test (I masked out all the trees and added stone features instead) with no postwork, but I think it already shows the potential. My collection of US assets is slowly growing... :)

horsetest2.png
    1100 x 618 - 819K
    Post edited by joanna on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325

joanna said:

Well, I wasn't supposed to make any purchases, but a bunch of US ecologies is (still) on sale, so I grabbed the Heather, Moor, and Wastelands. Here's a quick test (I masked out all the trees and added stone features instead) with no postwork, but I think it already shows the potential. My collection of US assets is slowly growing... :)

This is quite breathtaking.

Cheers,

Alex.  

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,074

alexhcowley said:

This is quite breathtaking.

Cheers,

Alex.  

Thank you!

And I realized that I accidentally stole the thunder from Martinjfrost, who posted the promo image for the Britain set just 2 minutes before I hit "send". blush 

• USC Britain hits the store today, everybody. Already in my cart.

• NathNath Posts: 2,719

Just checked out with it!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,872

barbult said:

Great composition and image.

This discussion has been closed.