UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,970

joanna said:

Well, I wasn't supposed to make any purchases, but a bunch of US ecologies is (still) on sale, so I grabbed the Heather, Moor, and Wastelands. Here's a quick test (I masked out all the trees and added stone features instead) with no postwork, but I think it already shows the potential. My collection of US assets is slowly growing... :)

Just amazing - great work on that.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,434

paulawp (marahzen) said:

USC Britain hits the store today, everybody. Already in my cart.

In my cart, too, it looks sooo lovely! - I'm a teeny tiny bit sad though that it doesn't utilize all the @MartinJFrost plants I already have which are the same as in USC Britain' understorey as far as I can see. I was kind of hoping to save a little money in that department, and it's also a bit annoying to have so many doublets cluttering my library. Like, I already have foxgloves, nettles, bluebells, all of these. Maaaaaaybe there would be a way for those of us who own these to use them with the new Britain set, with an update or something ----?

• HermannHermann Posts: 1
    edited November 2022

Artini said:

Yes, it is: https://www.daz3d.com/britain-botanica--bundle

The parts of the bundle have dependencies not mentioned in the bundle and NOT included.

(Edited by mod to fix reply)

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • tsroemi said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

In my cart, too, it looks sooo lovely! - I'm a teeny tiny bit sad though that it doesn't utilize all the @MartinJFrost plants I already have which are the same as in USC Britain' understorey as far as I can see. I was kind of hoping to save a little money in that department, and it's also a bit annoying to have so many doublets cluttering my library. Like, I already have foxgloves, nettles, bluebells, all of these. Maaaaaaybe there would be a way for those of us who own these to use them with the new Britain set, with an update or something ----?

HI there, the reason for this is that the existing plants were never meant to be used in something like ultrascenery where hundreds of thousands of instances are generated - and would thus have slowed it down or caused the dreaded computer freeze, so here in the Utrascenery Britain - Botanica bundle they exist in a much lower resolution format perfect for ultrasecnery, but desigened with the exisiting bundles in mind so that they could be used as hero plants if you wanted to render them in extreme cose up with the ultrascnery in the background.  I think its good to have both versions for that reason. 

As with all ultrascenrey bundles you must own all three of the modues for it to work in ultrascenry. 

I think that howe has done a bang up job of creating the Biomes here, and they are increadbly useful, also the bracken which  is unique to this bundle and the foxglove plant are both things that have been needed in daz studios botanical collections for a while! 

• Also if you buy the ultrascernry Britain Bundle there are some cool sales going on in both Howies Daz3d store and My Daz3d Stores today! 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,333
    edited November 2022

Martinjfrost said:

Also if you buy the ultrascernry Britain Bundle there are some cool sales going on in both Howies Daz3d store and My Daz3d Stores today! 

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, I already have so much of your stuff that my hard disk is creaking under the strain. As for Howie, the only one of his DAZ Studio products I don't have is the Harpsburg Iray night lights!

I've just downloaded Ultrascenery Britain. Once I've got the V9 version of my favourite fantasy character sorted out, I intend to run amok with both of them.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,050

Nitpicking time :)

Unfortunately the Bracken isn't tall enough. I have walked through lots of it and it can be up to 5 feet high :)

The Foxglove just doesn't look right as all the ones I see the flowers are more like a pyramid on the stem, larger at the bottom and buds at the top, and a lot denser rather that looking like a stick with flowers stuck on it :)

I realise that making them exact isn't possible but the Foxglove just doesn't do it for me.

Martinjfrost said:

tsroemi said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

HI there, the reason for this is that the existing plants were never meant to be used in something like ultrascenery where hundreds of thousands of instances are generated - and would thus have slowed it down or caused the dreaded computer freeze, so here in the Utrascenery Britain - Botanica bundle they exist in a much lower resolution format perfect for ultrasecnery, but desigened with the exisiting bundles in mind so that they could be used as hero plants if you wanted to render them in extreme cose up with the ultrascnery in the background.  I think its good to have both versions for that reason. 

As with all ultrascenrey bundles you must own all three of the modues for it to work in ultrascenry. 

I think that howe has done a bang up job of creating the Biomes here, and they are increadbly useful, also the bracken which  is unique to this bundle and the foxglove plant are both things that have been needed in daz studios botanical collections for a while! 

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense (the original plants not being meant for USC I mean). Good to know!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,798

Before I checked out I double-checked both PAs' stores but I have cleaned them out of everything I can use. But for folks new to DAZ3D this is a nice sale.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,277

Hermann said:

Artini said:

The parts of the bundle have dependencies not mentioned in the bundle and NOT included.

I wonder if some of those dependencies are errors. I don't understand why UltraScenery - Britain requires UltraScenery - Landscape Features Volume 2 or Accelerator for UltraScenery. I don't remember any UltraScenery ecology pack requiring a specific feature pack. I thought ecologies and features were completely independent of each other. The Accelerator has always been optional, not required, I think.

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 325
    edited November 2022

barbult said:

Hermann said:

Artini said:

I wonder if some of those dependencies are errors. I don't understand why UltraScenery - Britain requires UltraScenery - Landscape Features Volume 2 or Accelerator for UltraScenery. I don't remember any UltraScenery ecology pack requiring a specific feature pack. I thought ecologies and features were completely independent of each other. The Accelerator has always been optional, not required, I think.

There is no reason for it to require either of those two things, and I dont think that it does, I suspect they are errors. None of the files will be affected by either the accelerator or the land scape features As @barbult correctly points out) as there is no information pertaining to them in the bioms or plants DUF files. These have been throughly checked for this kind of things both by the creatres ( myself and Howie ) and with Daz during QA and  anything like this would have been caught then. 

Post edited by Martinjfrost on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,130
    edited November 2022

Hey, all. I am having a seriously weird issue with Britain that I've never encountered before. I find that while everything appears normal in the viewport, it's only actually rendering a few of the elements. Additionally, for the affected elements, the Instance Group Locator toolbox utility can cycle through them, but doesn't show them on screen.

Here is a render; obviously, this is a no-effort scene, just intended to show the problem. This is the default _no_Features feature, with Britain 1. (I saw the problem with one of the track features and also Britain 6, so it's not specific to either. I also have seen it with a sun-sky environment set.)

Here is what the viewport shows. Further inspection suggests that the Oaks layer is the only of the trees that is getting rendered. There's also some ground brush affected this.

I immediately tested with a random other ecology (one of the Woodlands) and it looked fine.Thus far, it appears to be specific to some of the vegetation in Britain.

Edited to add: Exited Daz, came back in and tested with NW Pines (which seemed unaffected) and then Britain 4 - still only showing some of the vegetation. Restarted the computer and tried again - this time with a test with an Australian Bush ecology, which looked normal, and Britain 2, which like the others, omitted a lot of the vegetation on render.

I don't see conspicuous errors in the log and have not been having other trouble recently. I'm still on 4.20 - haven't done the upgrade to 4.21 yet. I did buy and install a few other products today other than the Britain bundle, though nothing that presents as suspicious - some poses, some clothes, the G9 shapes bundle. Ideas anyone?

render.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1024K
    viewport.JPG
    980 x 755 - 246K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • paulawp (marahzen) said:

Hey, all. I am having a seriously weird issue with Britain that I've never encountered before. I find that while everything appears normal in the viewport, it's only actually rendering a few of the elements. Additionally, for the affected elements, the Instance Group Locator toolbox utility can cycle through them, but doesn't show them on screen.

Here is a render; obviously, this is a no-effort scene, just intended to show the problem. This is the default _no_Features feature, with Britain 1. (I saw the problem with one of the track features and also Britain 6, so it's not specific to either. I also have seen it with a sun-sky environment set.)

Here is what the viewport shows. Further inspection suggests that the Oaks layer is the only of the trees that is getting rendered. There's also some ground brush affected this.

I immediately tested with a random other ecology (one of the Woodlands) and it looked fine.Thus far, it appears to be specific to some of the vegetation in Britain.

Edited to add: Exited Daz, came back in and tested with NW Pines (which seemed unaffected) and then Britain 4 - still only showing some of the vegetation. Restarted the computer and tried again - this time with a test with an Australian Bush ecology, which looked normal, and Britain 2, which like the others, omitted a lot of the vegetation on render.

I don't see conspicuous errors in the log and have not been having other trouble recently. I'm still on 4.20 - haven't done the upgrade to 4.21 yet. I did buy and install a few other products today other than the Britain bundle, though nothing that presents as suspicious - some poses, some clothes, the G9 shapes bundle. Ideas anyone?

This is realy Howies Domain so I have passed the info on, and if there is a challange , it will be addressed. Not sure whats happened here but we will look in to it.  

• paulawp (marahzen) said:

I just checked Britain 1, and I'm seeing the same thing. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,277

Is this another case of Daz changing UnderStorey to UnderStory? Howie has to fight with that every time. Daz insists on screwing up his products, because they think American spelling is the only way.

• barbult said:

Is this another case of Daz changing UnderStorey to UnderStory? Howie has to fight with that every time. Daz insists on screwing up his products, because they think American spelling is the only way.

We are looking in to it and hopefully wil have a resolution soon, please bear in mind though that the daz office is closed at the weekend, so any fixes will be impemented during business hours for daz, once a soution has been reached.  

edited November 2022

Beautiful and colorful environement. Great as a playground for my custom made Genesis 9 characters.

https://www.daz3d.com/britain-botanica--bundle

g9Male02sc06pic02.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 651K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 325
    edited November 2022

We have found what the challange is ( an installer issue) and will do our very best to get it fixed as soon as possible, so thanks in advance for your patience . Howie was on it first thing this morning so Daz should have evertthing that they need to sort this out quickly, 

Post edited by Martinjfrost on
  • Thank you both.

• butterflyfish said:

Thank you both.

Seconding that! 

edited November 2022

Ignore - I hit save twice.

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 586
    edited November 2022

It looks like an error was introduced in the installer. The proxies are going to the wrong place and this seems to be causing the problems. If you're comfortable moving a folder around your library from inside the File Explorer then if you move the "Proxies" folder from:

"your daz content library"/Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery/Britain Botanica/Trees and Shrubs/Proxies

to

"your daz content library"/Environments/Landscapes/Britain Botanica/Trees and Shrubs/Proxies

it should fix the problem until we get the installers fixed up.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • That worked for me. Thank you again.

I just bought it, came here and read about the error - if you guys are positive DAZ will fix it real soon, I'll just wait for that to happen before I download, just to be on the safe side. Could you let us know when the update is rolled out? Thanks, and also for addressing this so quickly!

• tsroemi said:

I just bought it, came here and read about the error - if you guys are positive DAZ will fix it real soon, I'll just wait for that to happen before I download, just to be on the safe side. Could you let us know when the update is rolled out? Thanks, and also for addressing this so quickly!

Keep an eye on this thread and someone will give you a heads up, Howie did put in a fix you can do once the instalers have done their thing, this shoud work. But if your happy to wait then hopefully it will be addressed soon.  

edited November 2022

OK, as a composition it's pretty silly - it's really just a product-testing mashup. But, hey, had no problem getting USC Britain to work after the change mentioned by Howie.

GirlAndHorse.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,623

The new Britain Botanica Bundle (with fix applied)

USBritian2TM11052022.jpg
    1884 x 922 - 2M
    USBritianTM11052022.jpg
    1500 x 1018 - 2M
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,077
    edited November 2022

Fishtales said:

Nitpicking time :)

Unfortunately the Bracken isn't tall enough. I have walked through lots of it and it can be up to 5 feet high :)

The Foxglove just doesn't look right as all the ones I see the flowers are more like a pyramid on the stem, larger at the bottom and buds at the top, and a lot denser rather that looking like a stick with flowers stuck on it :)

I realise that making them exact isn't possible but the Foxglove just doesn't do it for me.

Just a little hint... I know it's another thing to buy... but if you have https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascatterpro you can make your Bracken any size you want.  There's a wonderful scaling feature in the script... Plus you can rotate them to give them a different look.  I'm still learning how to use Ultrascatter so I'm not a pro... I'm sure you could work it better than I can, but I did a sample for you anyway.  :)

ULTRASCENERY Moor wUltraScatter Seedhead Clump SAMPLE.jpg
    1024 x 819 - 266K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited November 2022

Yes, it works for me after the move of folder with the proxies.

Unfortunately rendering has dropped to CPU, so longer rendering times...

g9Male01sc04pic03.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 736K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Wonderful renders Martin.

I love Ultra Scenery and just treated myself to the accelerator (wow, what a difference!) and the Britain Botanica bundle.  

This discussion has been closed.