Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited December 1969

I thought I would add a bit of life to the last render.

Lunch Queue.

Two versions a light one and a darker one. I prefer the darker one although it might do with a bit more lightning.

lunch-q-002.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 449K
    lunch-q-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 462K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,107
    edited December 1969

vivien1 said:
    @Horo - Im really jealous of your 454 palms, mine still crushes after 30 , beautiful render.

Thank you. The IL is a bit tricky but Rashad's tutorial HOW TO USE THE INSTANCING LAB IN BRYCE 7.1 PRO/ is really helpful.
    Your landscape looks really good.

@Sandy - landscapes look nice. Pity the palms are not visible, the bear could climb one. :lol:

edited December 1969

Horo

Bears and palm trees, he would have to have been on his holidays then :-)

• dragonfall1221dragonfall1221 Posts: 69
    edited December 1969

here is a part of a larger project I'm working on, making a garden with geometric hedges and designs. I was so pleased I decided to post it here as well. Everything was rendered in Bryce as a single scene.

garden_and_palace.jpg
    1200 x 563 - 733K
  • RazorlightRazorlight Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

some nice pics on here

dazpix.jpg
    960 x 540 - 157K
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

Horo

Thank you for the IL information.... I have some reading to do

@ Sandy. Who else is coming to your island for lunch.

@ Dragonfall. It is looking very nice so far.. Looking forward to the finished project

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,985
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the nice comments, David's cloudscapes are awesome.

Cool work from everyone. I especially like the one by dragonfall as I am working on something similar and it is no where as awesome as his render.

edited December 1969

Mrs. Bear decided to take the kids away on holiday for a few days.

holiday-bears-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 427K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Here be Dragons:

Not little Dufus ones though.

RedDragon.jpg
    975 x 975 - 352K
    edited December 1969

@dragonfall1221 - that's goung to be a nice scene when finishef.

@kevinodwyer - I don't know what it is, but it looks interesting.

@Sandy - very cute the bears under the palms.

@Dave - less cute than Dufus, great render nevertheless.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Nice abstract - kinda like craters and a planet in mind.

Jay

Thanks. The planet idea was intentional. Craters, never thought about that. If it were yellow, it might be cheese!

Hans

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754
    edited March 2015

@mermaid010: Thanks. Very nice spacy render (#25). And your landscape with impressive clouds is very good!

@Horo: Thanks. Nice set of trees (#27), but a bit simple grass texture for the likes of you :). Great light on both Aikos.
    Wonderful work on the palm render. Lovely light through the trees.

@fencepost52: Nice set of renders. I prefer the last version of your ballooning renders, partly because of the additional islands.

@Tim Bateman:That's a wonderful model and render in #30. The floor is a bit shiny where the light falls on it. You should post a warning sign: slippery!
    And a very nice sword render, particularly the light falling through.
    The landscape is marvelous too, like we have come to expect from you!

@vivien1. A belated welcome by me too! Very nice beach scene. And the mountain/coast scene looks very good, nice shadows and reflections.

@electro-elvis: nice construction work. Where are the workers? And why is there no fence? Think about the safey, please!

@CTippetts: Thanks for the praise on my photos. Obviously, I try not to post any bad photos.... I still think my photo skills lack in comparison with my painting skills. Now, this may not be the opinion of others, but remember: it is 'easy' to make a photo that many people think it is good, but it is much more difficult to make a painting that the artist himself thinks is good!
    I think your parkland scene is very nice. Maybe a bit dark in the shadows of the trees for me.

@David Brinnen: Masterpieces, your landscapes.

@Fishtales: You have been rendering along with lots of fun, it seems! I prefer the darker lunch queue as well.

@dragonfall1221: Coming along very nicely, your garden. I think you did not use any transparency in the leaves of the trees yet? That might increase realism (let it be governed by the leave texture or make it more transparent to the sides of the leaves). Unfortunately, it will increase the render time also very much!

@kevinodwyer: Love your abstract landscape. A bit like an explosion happening.

@TheSavage64: Simple scene, but very effective! Very nice use of depth of field!

Now two versions of the same simple scene (I have to show something!). One with the more even background light was exported to Tiff and the one with the bright wave in which the ship is coming must be an error in the export to HDR (tweaked a bit in Picturenaut), but it does lead to a nice effect anyway. The whole idea was to play with phased hypertextures, something I haven't done before. I do see nice contrasts this way.
    Part of the station was using hypertexture and part of the ship too, but much less strong. The light for the hypertexture is from an abstract HDR that I found somewhere in a set on the internet and I added the sun to the left for some directional light.

phased_hypertexture_space_a.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 234K
    phased_hypertexture_space.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 224K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

@Horo - Thank you for the link to the IL documentation, and thanks for hosting it on your site.

@RashadCarter - Thank you for producing it, and making it available.

@Fishtales - Cubs always make an image more cute. Momma Bear hitting the bottle was interesting. Three cubs must be trying for her.

@dragonfall1221 - Nice palace garden. Those fruit trees and hedges are quite impressive.

@TheSavage64 - I really like the textures, lighting, and depth of field on that dragon. I need to work more on depth of field. Getting it right is elusive to me ... even after following tutes on the subject. The long render times frustrate me, too. Nice job.

@kevinodwyer - That abstract commands more than just a glance. It's deep and diverse.

@Hansmar - I do like the one with the sun glow better. The shuttle and station are well done. The buildings, or rather, cities on the station platforms give it a nice sense of dimension.

edited December 1969

CTippetts said:
    @TheSavage64 - I really like the textures, lighting, and depth of field on that dragon. I need to work more on depth of field. Getting it right is elusive to me ... even after following tutes on the subject. The long render times frustrate me, too. Nice job.

Thanks.
    But don't be put off by the long render times. That one which has IBL lighting, Bryce sun and one radial light (with soft shadows set, rendered using Premium at 36RPP with TA switched on took just over 45 minutes on my cranky 8 year old Laptop. :)
    edited December 1969

@vivien1 - thank you ^_^

@fishtales - I love your bears, and since I'm normally terrified of them that's saying a lot :)

@thesavage64 - that is one awesome dragon

@horo - thank you.

@hansmar - thank you! I've never adjusted the transparency on leaves before, but I'm always willing to experiment. very cool space station, too.

@ctippets - thank you. I wish I could claim responsibility for making them, but the hedges I found online at a freepozitory and the trees are from xfrog. Alas, my modeling skills are less than stellar, but I can position objects with the best of them :)

• Babalar1Babalar1 Posts: 71
    edited March 2015

Well this is just a quick message to the bryce community saying what a pleasure it is learning from your generous tips that help make this program so amazing to use

I've only begun in Bryce a few weeks ago and this is the first time writing on this forum so I thought it would be appropriate to mention how inspirational the art work is that is posted here and give a special thanks to two master contributors, David Brinnen and Horo whose video tutorials are a godsend for a cgi newbie like myself.

With that said I hope you don't mind if I share some results that give a good notion of my learning curve so far. Using a ship model as my subject I've become more confident in the use of the program attributes and though these renders are all far from perfect, I'm satisfied enough with the results to know there is plenty of room for improvement as I get more familiar with the program. Any thoughts or critiques would be greatly appreciated as I'm well aware of my novice level.

note: The two more intricate renders had some minor photoshop type adjustments which one of my goals is to not rely at all on 2d programs in the future. .

man_and_woman_on_ship5_Mar9.jpg
    800 x 540 - 700K
    Ship_wave_sunset_feb25b.jpg
    800 x 555 - 437K
    Ship_at_dusk1_Feb11.jpg
    1012 x 607 - 251K
    Post edited by Babalar1 on
  • CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

@robborfla1 - Aye, matey. Sails down for choppy waters, least we capsize her, and pay a visit to Davey Jones' locker. Argh!

Nice work indeed. I wish I was that good just starting off. Welcome to the forum. I think you're going to fit in nicely. Moar!

HAVE FUN!

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

Very nice renders, all!

@fishtales: Nice bears! Let's do lunch! LOL

@dragonfall1221 - Garden is looking great! Can't wait to see the rest of the scene. How is Bryce working with all those objects? Slow?

@ kevinodwer: Neat abstract!

@DaveSavage: Awesome dragon. Skin is very realistic.

@hansmar: Cool space scenes. The first is my favorite. The second is a little washed out on the space station. Thank you for the comment on my landscape. It was fun to do.

@robborfla1: Welcome to the forum! Awesome renders. Really great overall and I particularly like the wave in the last one.

Fired up the Bryce electron microscope this morning and observed some very interesting creatures: The group of 3 are diatoms. The 2 on the left are Brinnetoms, named after David Brinnen, who first discovered them. The one on the right is dodecatom, referring to its shape resembling a dodecahedron. The interlocking star-shaped is a blood cell of the starfish.

Nature is fascinating to say the least!

Objects_Electron_Microscope.jpg
    1450 x 815 - 305K
    Inverted_Star_Sphere_Electron_Microscope.jpg
    815 x 815 - 224K
    edited December 1969

@hansmar - thank you. Interesting space ships. I prefer the first.

@CTippetts - you're welcome. If you want to go deeper into the IL, get KineMagiK's tutorial that is based on Rashad's. It's also on my site under Documents > Guests.

@robborfla1 - welcome to this forum. Very nice ship renders. keep it up with Bryce.

@Art - great EM renders. I should again do some, they are fun to do.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858
    edited December 1969

its a pretty ordinary looking render i know, but...i liked it so i thought i would share :)

Coke_Glass.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 166K
    edited December 1969

@fencepost52 - thank you! Bryce handles the scenes fairly well, I think. It takes about 10-15 seconds for new dialogs to pop up or for some changes, about a minute for others (I have a section with 24 trees that Bryce doesn't like at all). My main problem has been Bryce crashing and disappearing meshes and objects. At times Bryce seems to loose track of a mesh. It is in the scene, but cannot be moved or altered in any way as it doesn't appear in any dialog and cant be clicked. I've been building each section individually and then merging the files when I'm ready instead of working in a single scene and saving constantly. Rendering in regular mode it takes about 15 minutes for individual files, about forty for the scene I posted.

edited December 1969

i am doing some more test's for materials, this was one of the results...again, i liked it so i thought i would share :)

Micro_Stero_System.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 110K
  • Babalar1Babalar1 Posts: 71
    edited March 2015

@Ctippets: Ahoy! Your pirate talk was hilariously spot on and it's probably true as for why the ship is not running with sails in the storm. Of course the real reason is that the forgetful captain left the sails in port and is likely going to visit davey jones' locker as soon as the crew finds out. Thanks for your nice comments.

@fencepost52: Thank you as well. the ship on the wave was a lot of trial and error to get the intended affects. The hardest part was trying to make the sea froth out of cumulus clouds that wouldn't cooperate with the objective . Your diatom (cool name) renders are fascinating to look at, I wouldn't even know how to start creating a project that complex. Some day maybe.

@Horo: Very encouraging words . Thanks.

Post edited by Babalar1 on
    edited December 1969

@Tim - nice renders, great lighting.

Here's a DAZ model I partly changed the materials to procedural. The crates are from David. There are 12 radials in the rooms and on the staircase. Ambient light and part of the sky is from the Gasclouds_04 HDRI and the key light from the sun. The terrain is a part of Mars, converted from MOLA DEMs.

FieldDepot.jpg
    667 x 1000 - 105K
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited March 2015

@fencepost52 - thank you! Bryce handles the scenes fairly well, I think. It takes about 10-15 seconds for new dialogs to pop up or for some changes, about a minute for others (I have a section with 24 trees that Bryce doesn't like at all). My main problem has been Bryce crashing and disappearing meshes and objects. At times Bryce seems to loose track of a mesh. It is in the scene, but cannot be moved or altered in any way as it doesn't appear in any dialog and cant be clicked. I've been building each section individually and then merging the files when I'm ready instead of working in a single scene and saving constantly. Rendering in regular mode it takes about 15 minutes for individual files, about forty for the scene I posted.

I'm glad you're not having difficulties with it. Wonder what's at issue with Bryce "losing track of meshes?" I'm sure you've already done this, but have you checked the attributes to make sure they're not locked? I like your idea of merging scenes. Never tried that before.

Good luck with the rest of it. Can't wait to see the final product!

@fencepost52: Thank you as well. the ship on the wave was a lot of trial and error to get the intended affects. The hardest part was trying to make the sea froth out of cumulus clouds that wouldn't cooperate with the objective . Your diatom (cool name) renders are fascinating to look at, I wouldn't even know how to start creating a project that complex. Some day maybe.

I think you did a great job with the froth. Very convincing!

Thanks to you and Horo for the comments on the "EM" renders. They are actually quite easy to do. Take a gander at David's tutorial here: Fluorescent Electron Edge tutorial or if you would like to take a look at my scene, I'll post it for you. If you're interested making the models, I can provide links to David's and my youtube channels to get you going.

@Tim: Nice renders. Even though it's simple, I really do like the Coke glass. Remember collecting those as a kid. :)

@Horo: I have that model also. Great render. I like how you used the extra lights to give things a boost.

Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,985
    edited December 1969

Sandy – wow love the bears on holiday, very cute.

Dave – nice render.

Hansmar- thanks. Lovely space renders, my fav the 1st one

robborfla1- beautiful renders for a new Brycer. Welcome to the forum.

Art – awesome renders with the EM

Tim –cool renders, lovely lighting as usual.

Horo – Great render.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited March 2015

Well this is just a quick message to the bryce community saying what a pleasure it is learning from your generous tips that help make this program so amazing to use

I've only begun in Bryce a few weeks ago and this is the first time writing on this forum so I thought it would be appropriate to mention how inspirational the art work is that is posted here and give a special thanks to two master contributors, David Brinnen and Horo whose video tutorials are a godsend for a cgi newbie like myself.

With that said I hope you don't mind if I share some results that give a good notion of my learning curve so far. Using a ship model as my subject I've become more confident in the use of the program attributes and though these renders are all far from perfect, I'm satisfied enough with the results to know there is plenty of room for improvement as I get more familiar with the program. Any thoughts or critiques would be greatly appreciated as I'm well aware of my novice level.

note: The two more intricate renders had some minor photoshop type adjustments which one of my goals is to not rely at all on 2d programs in the future. .

Nice renders, and I am gad you are finding the tutorials useful. Don't be too hard on yourself for using 2d programs, it is a valuable skill in itself and can save yourself a lot of time as well as giving you access to effects that cannot be replicated directly in the renderer.

Edit: Thanks Art for the "Brinnetoms". I do like this effect. These are such effects that are very tricky to replicate. You have done well!

Horo, that reminds me very much of something I saw in the film Oblivion. Nice craters and composition, to fit everything.

Tim, everything you do is very effective, even the "ordinary looking stuff" as you put it, is done in a way that I think any Brycer should be happy with.

Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

thank you for the kind comments everyone :) ....I really like all the new renders that have been posted recently really great looking images :) ....here is a little reading room scene i have almost finished :)

Reading_Room.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 292K
    edited December 1969

Stuck with dragons at the moment... May have to get the cars and bikes out again :lol:

DragonFight.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 445K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 845
    edited December 1969

"He could not stand it, when she did so in public."

oddcouple.jpg
    540 x 900 - 104K
This discussion has been closed.