Genesis 9 Character Essentials

Odd that they lead with eyebrows.....  but Eyebrow options were lacking in previous generations.  Anyone have some sample renders?

I'm interested... but kind of FastGrab sale kind of interest right now.  Their promo images don't really show off what they can look like in a render.

Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,412

It's worth noting that the Character Essentials also includes the anatomical elements, instead of requiring you to buy a pro bundle to get them.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

I can post a few renders shortly. One of the cool things about these is that they're hair cards, I think, and they're interchangeable. So if I load Victoria 9 and click one of the options, her brows automatically change to the one I selected (and so on for any of the ones I switch to).

edited October 2022

Actually it seems like there are some that are "fiber style" vs. "card style" (they load the same way). There are a few versions of each shape: end angled up, end angled down, high, low, thick, and thin. 

For the work I do, I really like these.

brow examples.jpg
    5188 x 1828 - 3M
    Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
    Thanks for doing this! These do look good and have options. How do they look from a side view? Do they have volume or are they flatened to the skin? Fiber vs mesh
    edited October 2022

Albiejee said:

Thanks for doing this! These do look good and have options. How do they look from a side view? Do they have volume or are they flatened to the skin? Fiber vs mesh

Happy to help! Both have some volume, although the fiber version (second pic) is definitely better looking from the side. 

And here's a comparison of card vs. fiber without the opacity map on the card version:

card vs fiber.jpg
    3000 x 1587 - 551K
  • While I love that we now have the option of buying a product to get the anatomical elements without buying a pro bundle, it's so sad to see yet another generation with subpar "anatomical elements". I was really hoping they would improve the "anatomical elements" in a more realistic manner or go back to how the G2 male elements worked. But no, yet again, we have male elements where a certain body part is either on or off. There is no way to customize how it looks as if it looks the same on every single man out there. Here's a tip, 3d modelers, it doesn't. That part of the male anatomy is as different as any other part of the body. It comes in all different lengths, both in how it hangs and how it hugs a man's "anatomical elements".

So yet again, I'll probably have to go to a third party seller who actually knows what a man looks like naked in a year or two or whenever someone makes a realistic geograft if I want to create a tastful male nude with realistic anatomy. It's kind of sad that if I want to a realistic male nude straight from the Daz store, I still have to use Genesis 2 males where we have the ability to adjust length of a certain covering at the very least.

It's also kind of sad that I just wrote that whole paragraph trying to be careful of my words so I don't use an anatomically correct, medical term for what I want to describe instead of "anatomical elements" and their parts.

• TobiasTobias Posts: 107

Knittingmommy said:

While I love that we now have the option of buying a product to get the anatomical elements without buying a pro bundle, it's so sad to see yet another generation with subpar "anatomical elements". I was really hoping they would improve the "anatomical elements" in a more realistic manner or go back to how the G2 male elements worked. But no, yet again, we have male elements where a certain body part is either on or off. There is no way to customize how it looks as if it looks the same on every single man out there. Here's a tip, 3d modelers, it doesn't. That part of the male anatomy is as different as any other part of the body. It comes in all different lengths, both in how it hangs and how it hugs a man's "anatomical elements".

So yet again, I'll probably have to go to a third party seller who actually knows what a man looks like naked in a year or two or whenever someone makes a realistic geograft if I want to create a tastful male nude with realistic anatomy. It's kind of sad that if I want to a realistic male nude straight from the Daz store, I still have to use Genesis 2 males where we have the ability to adjust length of a certain covering at the very least.

It's also kind of sad that I just wrote that whole paragraph trying to be careful of my words so I don't use an anatomically correct, medical term for what I want to describe instead of "anatomical elements" and their parts.

Nice job maneuvering around the minefield.  I definitely agree.  Unfortunately a lot of the time, there is either not a texture for the ON position or the ON texture just doesn't work in the ON position (looks like the OFF position got mangled in a washing machine or something) and needs a bit of fixing in postwork.  Most of the third party options I've seen look a little too scary for me - more like tentacles.

• Tobias said:

Knittingmommy said:

While I love that we now have the option of buying a product to get the anatomical elements without buying a pro bundle, it's so sad to see yet another generation with subpar "anatomical elements". I was really hoping they would improve the "anatomical elements" in a more realistic manner or go back to how the G2 male elements worked. But no, yet again, we have male elements where a certain body part is either on or off. There is no way to customize how it looks as if it looks the same on every single man out there. Here's a tip, 3d modelers, it doesn't. That part of the male anatomy is as different as any other part of the body. It comes in all different lengths, both in how it hangs and how it hugs a man's "anatomical elements".

Nice job maneuvering around the minefield.  I definitely agree.  Unfortunately a lot of the time, there is either not a texture for the ON position or the ON texture just doesn't work in the ON position (looks like the OFF position got mangled in a washing machine or something) and needs a bit of fixing in postwork.  Most of the third party options I've seen look a little too scary for me - more like tentacles.

Yeah, I haven't broken down and purchased anything from another site, though I have one or two things wishlisted. I make do with G2M when I'm in the mood to do a nude. But I do get sorely tempted, at times, to go shopping elsewhere when I can't get the look I want. But then I'd have to the textures myself to try an match whatever character skin I'm using, and I haven't wanted to get into that yet. That might have to change in the future.

edited October 2022

Knittingmommy said:

I'm hoping LexaKiness is already planning to do a morph set. I prefer the way the official gens sit on the body, but most of my characters aren't circumcised and the LK morphs are the only realistic option I've seen for representing that in different states of coverage on the Daz anatomical elements. 

• Gordig said:

It's worth noting that the Character Essentials also includes the anatomical elements, instead of requiring you to buy a pro bundle to get them.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice now, can't get the gens to show up

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

It's a separate product bundled with the Genesis 9 Character Essentials.  The product name is:

Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements

SKU: 86957

• I'm starting to figure this out, it's a secret unstated bonus item that comes with Genesis 9 Character Essentials... just why???

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,148

narkfestmojo said:

Gordig said:

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice now, can't get the gens to show up

**sigh**

There are TWO Essentials packages. One you get for free - STARTER essentials. The other you must purchase - CHARACTER essentials. The gens are in Character Essentials. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,746

narkfestmojo said:

Gordig said:

Where are you looking? 

• thanks for the help, wow this is silly...

• PerttiA said:

narkfestmojo said:

Gordig said:

Where are you looking? 

it'a already been resolved, thanks

• From what I heard, the "anatomical elements" are already under way from the adult site vendors. As well as some pose sets I have just started. 

• I wanted to point out that the Anatomical elements for G9 do not come for the base materials for the gens. Only the Normals. I think it should have the materials for the base skins provided in the G9 starter essentials.  

Daedalus-7 said:

I wanted to point out that the Anatomical elements for G9 do not come for the base materials for the gens. Only the Normals. I think it should have the materials for the base skins provided in the G9 starter essentials.  

Richard mentioned that Daz is aware of this and they should have the materials, so they'll probably be updated later.

• @plasma_ring Thanks for letting me know :)

• Strictly when I asked about textures to match the base figure I was told they were there and replied to say they weren't (or at least, no one was finding them). I don't know if that registered in all the other issues so I may need to follow up to be sure daz is actually aware of the issue, once the main product availability is resolved. But yes, I was clearly told that there should be maps for the Anatomical Elements to match the base skins.

Richard Haseltine said:

Strictly when I asked about textures to match the base figure I was told they were there and replied to say they weren't (or at least, no one was finding them). I don't know if that registered in all the other issues so I may need to follow up to be sure daz is actually aware of the issue, once the main product availability is resolved. But yes, I was clearly told that there should be maps for the Anatomical Elements to match the base skins.

Thank you for clarifying!

• plasma_ring said:

Knittingmommy said:

I'm hoping LexaKiness is already planning to do a morph set. I prefer the way the official gens sit on the body, but most of my characters aren't circumcised and the LK morphs are the only realistic option I've seen for representing that in different states of coverage on the Daz anatomical elements. 

I somehow to managed to miss that LexaKiness had morphs for G8M. I had seen their morphs for the other products but not that one. Thanks! I've now wishlisted that.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Strictly when I asked about textures to match the base figure I was told they were there and replied to say they weren't (or at least, no one was finding them). I don't know if that registered in all the other issues so I may need to follow up to be sure daz is actually aware of the issue, once the main product availability is resolved. But yes, I was clearly told that there should be maps for the Anatomical Elements to match the base skins.

I am very sorry but I have now learned that there was a "not" missing from the reply I received. There are not, currently at least, anatomical element maps to match the base textures. Until we get some add-on characters the only way to use the anatomical elements is on Victoria 9. I can only offer my apologies for having got your hopes up incorrectly. 

• Chaosophia said:

From what I heard, the "anatomical elements" are already under way from the adult site vendors. As well as some pose sets I have just started. 

I'll have to keep checking over there to see when that happens then.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I am very sorry but I have now learned that there was a "not" missing from the reply I received. There are not, currently at least, anatomical element maps to match the base textures. Until we get some ad

d-on characters the only way to use the anatomical elements is on Victoria 9. I can only offer my apologies for having got your hopes up incorrectly. 

Thanks for following up, Richard.  That's disappointing but not surprising.  

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,863

Is it possible that Daz will release Michael 9 soon? Michael 8.1 was released nine days after Victoria 8.1, so maybe they will follow that pattern with this generation?

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,148

memcneil70 said:

Is it possible that Daz will release Michael 9 soon? Michael 8.1 was released nine days after Victoria 8.1, so maybe they will follow that pattern with this generation?

Well, Mada hinted that the PA's have already got Michael 9, so maybe? Here's hoping he doesn't look like Michael 8.1 or Michael 8...lol. 

Richard Haseltine said:

I am very sorry but I have now learned that there was a "not" missing from the reply I received. There are not, currently at least, anatomical element maps to match the base textures. Until we get some add-on characters the only way to use the anatomical elements is on Victoria 9. I can only offer my apologies for having got your hopes up incorrectly. 

This is disappointing to hear, but I appreciate you following up on it and getting us a clear answer.
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,462

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

OK, now I am really confused. If they are not in the Caharacter Essentials, where exactly are the textures for the  anatomical elements? Do they come with Victoria 9 HD by herself or do I have to buy a bundle with a lot of items I don't want?