Commercial Airliner Interior [Commercial]

acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
edited October 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

So here is what I have created so far for the Commercial Airliner Interior project I am currently creating. 

I'm starting out with the seat. Here are a few pictures.

It has a rotating tray on back.

I wil update this project more as more modeling is completed.

Any comments or critiques most welcome. 

Post edited by acharyapolina on

Comments

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236

I have long awaited such a product. Thanks for taking this on! I look forward to your progress.

Tim

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

It looks pretty authentic. Don't forget the seatbelt extender for George. wink

• I'm excited to work on it. :D

• acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
    edited October 2022

So a few new updated on the chair.

The chair now has movable arms that go all the way back, and the back tray has a cup holding spot. Also the chair comes with a safety card and flight magazine.

Seat 1.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 193K
    Seat 2.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 192K
    Seat 3.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 189K
    Seat 4.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 197K
    Post edited by acharyapolina on
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799
    edited October 2022

I look forward to the "Commercial Airliner Poses" set, featuring tall people squashed in their seats with their knees under their chins, two people fighting over the armrest, someone getting their bag out of the overhead locker while the cabin crew shout at them to sit down because the aircraft is still moving, etc. etc.

Post edited by bytescapes on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294

bytescapes said:

I look forward to the "Commercial Airliner Poses" set, featuring tall people squashed in their seats with their knees under their chins, two people fighting over the armrest, someone getting their bag out of the overhead locker while the cabin crew shout at them to sit down because the aircraft is still moving, etc. etc.

While George is trying to go to the toilet from the window seat laugh 

• Love all thoes Ideas. Will try to make them happen. :D

PerttiA said:

While George is trying to go to the toilet from the window seat laugh 

On one flight I was on, on a small turboprop, they moved my partner and I to the exit row seat by the overwing exit. This seemed reasonable enough -- they always say that they want people in those rows who are able to operate the emergency exit and assist other passengers. In this case, the exit was basically a large window and "operating it" meant that you were supposed to grab the window by the handles, pull the whole thing out of the frame, and then throw it through the resulting hole. As we were both relatively skinny and in decent physical shape, they apparently figured that we'd be able to do whatever was required in the event of an emergency.

We had the middle and aisle seats. They then filled the seat next to the window with a gentleman who made George look positively svelte. It was clear that if the plane went down, he wasn't going to be able to leave it through that itty-bitty window, and neither was anyone else. He was very nice, a delightful travel companion, but he was not the person I would have picked to sit next to one of just eight points of egress from the cabin.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

Oh wow, I love the realism of this project, please do keep going!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,979
    edited October 2022
    I used to work as a stress engineer for an aircraft interiors company. We made and fitted over 200 interiors for American Airlines Saab 340 turboprops in the early 1990's amongst other companies. Interesting work. I shall watch this project with interest. Regards, Richard.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Just a bit more work on the chairs. 

So included in the set will be a single chair, but also a three set, This three set will be all togeather and will be in a group so will be easy to duplicate and move around.

Here are some renders.

three sets3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 295K
    three sets1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 550K
    three sets2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 537K
  • Ok so here is a new update.

The inside of the commercial airline will look like this.

I have decided that the commercial airline kit will come as a modular set. Meaning you will get a middle part. an emergency section part, a front and back part. That way you can make your aircraft as long as you like.

The middle part comes with all the overhead bins anamatable. plus two morphs for the window shades, one is random shades up and other is all shades up.

The front part comes with 2 lavatory areas with animatable doors. 

Any comments and critiques most welcome

Airline Int1.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Airline Int2.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 944K
    Airline Int3.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
    Airline Int4.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 850K
    Airline Int5.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 517K
    Airline Int6.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 843K
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited October 2022

looks like a photo taken inside a real plane. The seat cloth and the carpet textures look very detailed with no visible tile seams. Great job.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • AnEye4Art said:

looks like a photo taken inside a real plane. The seat cloth and the carpet textures look very detailed with no visible tile seams. Great job.

• This looks great so far. Some findings and questions:

- There are two doors. The one with emergency on it should have a small window I guess. Most doors do have them. The second is maybe not even supposed to be a door but has some things on it rather looking like scales. What is this supposed to be?

- Are you planning to have the things moveable, like i.e. the trays or the seats?

- The overhead bins look a bit small and strange as those are usually much bigger and open to the top?

- Are you planning to add sections? I have to fly economy already often enough in the real word. Would prefer to fly business or even first with renders ;-)

- Are you thinking of prop packs? One should include the typical "serving wagon" used with airlines.

Looking forward to further development on this.

Impressive work.

As @Rod Wise Driggo comments, the door should have a window. They -- in my experience, at least -- always do, probably so that whoever opens the door can check that it's not obstructed before opening it.

The other door looks as if it has a set of folded stairs inside it. I've not seen this on commercial jets or even larger turboprops, where passengers will almost always disembark via either a bridge or mobile airstairs that are part of the airport equipment. Stairs built into the door -- which fold out as the door is opened -- are a feature on small business jets, and possibly on smaller turboprops (the last time I flew on a small propeller plane like that I was too busy looking out the window, first admiring the glorious mountain scenery and then wondering if we were going to crash into it, to pay much attention to the doors). I don't think you find folding in-door stairs on an aircraft as big as this one seems to be. Some commercial jets may have a drop-down stairway in the tail, but not, I think, in the doors.

Of course, if you're working from a specific reference picture, just ignore me.

Again, I second @Rod Wise Driggo's comments about the overhead bins. Modern aircraft all seem to have 'gull-wing' style bin doors that open upward toward the ceiling of the plane. It makes sense if you think about it: if you had sliding bin doors, where would they slide? The only way to make that work would be to have the door half the length of the bin, and that makes getting stuff in and out much harder.

It looks as if this aircraft has a single cabin (galley/lavatories at the back, door to the cockpit at the front, passenger seating in between). But the height of the cabin suggests a larger aircraft. You might want to extend the cabin into several sections (with the usual partitions and curtains so that the proles in Economy -- that's me -- can't see the First and Business passengers enjoying their luxury up front).

You'll probably want to make the fuselage/partitions/lavatories etc. hideable or removeable so that users can set up renders without being blocked by stuff in the way.

• Thank you all so much for your great comments. I will take them all into consideration. :D

• Rod Wise Driggo said:

This looks great so far. Some findings and questions:

- There are two doors. The one with emergency on it should have a small window I guess. Most doors do have them. The second is maybe not even supposed to be a door but has some things on it rather looking like scales. What is this supposed to be?

- Are you planning to have the things moveable, like i.e. the trays or the seats?

- The overhead bins look a bit small and strange as those are usually much bigger and open to the top?

- Are you planning to add sections? I have to fly economy already often enough in the real word. Would prefer to fly business or even first with renders ;-)

- Are you thinking of prop packs? One should include the typical "serving wagon" used with airlines.

Looking forward to further development on this.

The scales thing is suposed to be fold out stairs. But they probably are not really needed on big commercial airlines. I am looking at a bunch of different reference photos on this projecct, so I try to model what I think looks best. but will consider removing them and puting an exit door with a window to look out. 

Seats are not movable but the back seat trays are. they fold out. also the arm rests fold up on all seats.

The overhead bins should be big enough for some good sized lugage, however I understand what you all mean about bins that open up to the celing. I will look into it. 

Prop packs is a great Idea. currently they are only stationary, but will think about making them a prop.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,144
    edited October 2022

With regards to the overhead bins. There are such bins as you have in your previews (bin1) but those are on smaller planes. Big ones have either the bins opening to the top (bins2) or coming down (bins3).

The door should have a window as seen in the attachement.

Finally regarding the seating I would probably opt for premium eco as the added space would also make posing significantly easier. Or even think about business with just 1 or 2 passengers per row.

That said I wonder if you may thing in a modular product or even a bundle like:
    Main product: Plane interior with lavatories, plane doors, overhead bins plus maybe section deviders
    Seating addOn products: Seating for eco/premium eco, business and maybe even first (but those suites are more like mini-apartements so probably not necessary.
    Props AddOn products: Serving cart with some included props; mask (for those safety instructions) with fitting flight attendant poses etc.

Would give folks many options for an inflight story ;-)

bins1.jpg
    1024 x 683 - 132K
    bins2.jpg
    1400 x 933 - 1M
    bins3.jpg
    2048 x 1365 - 234K
    door.jpg
    602 x 803 - 69K
    premium economy.jpg
    299 x 168 - 9K
    businessclass.jpg
    1760 x 880 - 497K
    Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on

Love your progress on this and your plan to make it modular.

Tim

• Rod Wise Driggo said:

With regards to the overhead bins. There are such bins as you have in your previews (bin1) but those are on smaller planes. Big ones have either the bins opening to the top (bins2) or coming down (bins3).

The door should have a window as seen in the attachement.

Finally regarding the seating I would probably opt for premium eco as the added space would also make posing significantly easier. Or even think about business with just 1 or 2 passengers per row.

That said I wonder if you may thing in a modular product or even a bundle like:
    Main product: Plane interior with lavatories, plane doors, overhead bins plus maybe section deviders
    Seating addOn products: Seating for eco/premium eco, business and maybe even first (but those suites are more like mini-apartements so probably not necessary.
    Props AddOn products: Serving cart with some included props; mask (for those safety instructions) with fitting flight attendant poses etc.

Would give folks many options for an inflight story ;-)

Thanks for the reference photos. and all very good Ideas. Will think of making them happen. :) 

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 909

I don't know if this is the case with all commercial aircraft but in my experience every aircraft that I have been on has the main boarding doors on the left side of the aircraft not the right side as it appears in the image above (the image showing the door with the built-in stairs). This has been the case with larger aircraft and smaller turbo prop aircraft as well.

• nabob21 said:

I don't know if this is the case with all commercial aircraft but in my experience every aircraft that I have been on has the main boarding doors on the left side of the aircraft not the right side as it appears in the image above (the image showing the door with the built-in stairs). This has been the case with larger aircraft and smaller turbo prop aircraft as well.

Good point. I'll have some new renders soon illustrating some changes. :) 

This looks amazingly real, great job! And I too appreciate it being modular. My only request is, could you maybe try to make the textures files not too enormously big where they needn't be? That would be very helpful for those of us with laptops etc. Once again, very neat job, am looking forward to it!

• tsroemi said:

This looks amazingly real, great job! And I too appreciate it being modular. My only request is, could you maybe try to make the textures files not too enormously big where they needn't be? That would be very helpful for those of us with laptops etc. Once again, very neat job, am looking forward to it!

Will make it happen. :) 

• kwerkxkwerkx Posts: 105

Looking good!

My mind has wandered a bit and thinking about populating all those seats.  Billboards of travelers as an add-on would be nice; but I'm not sure if that kind of product is open to all PA's.  Just a random thought.  Keep up the good work!  

acharyapolina said:

tsroemi said:

Will make it happen. :) 

Great, and thanks so much for opening up your ideas for us to participate a bit like this! 

• So here is a new update. First off, I turned a lot of areas more rounder and smooth, to look more authentic. Next I changed the overhead Bins to be ones that open down as you can now see in the renders. Also I placed a character to show the height of everything. Also the character is sitting in the chair, and you can see how big the chairs are. I dont know if I should shrink the chairs or keep them at that height. I will be adding a bit more modifications to the chairs.

Next I took out the folding stair case in the front and have now just 2 exit doors.

I created a Curtin area so now you can close off sections. This first set will only be economy. I will create 2 other products, to go with this one. the second product will be Premium and First Class seating. and the third product will be in flight props, bags, food trolleys ect... plus character poses for all passengers and flight attendants.

I decided to make the toilet area a completely separate section so you can move it around any place you like. Same goes with the emergency exit area.

Any comments and critiques most welcome.

Airline New Render1.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 387K
    Airline New Render2.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 367K
    Airline New Render3.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 383K
    Airline New Render4.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 364K
    Airline New Render5.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 406K
    Airline New Render6.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 324K
    Airline New Render7.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 241K
    Airline New Render8.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 238K
    Airline New Render9.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 222K
    Airline New Render10.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 263K
    Airline New Render11.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 208K

This is looking great, and I'm really looking forward to this one being released. I have had a visual story in mind for years now that is set almost entirely on a commercial aircraft. The existing interiors out there are simply not appropriate or poor quality, and I haven't been able to invest the time to model and texture it all myself. Thanks again for doing this project!

• Timotheus said:

This is looking great, and I'm really looking forward to this one being released. I have had a visual story in mind for years now that is set almost entirely on a commercial aircraft. The existing interiors out there are simply not appropriate or poor quality, and I haven't been able to invest the time to model and texture it all myself. Thanks again for doing this project!

Your very welcome. I enjoy 3D modeling very much and this project is a lot of fun. a Visual story, are you talking about a Visual Novel made with Renpy?