Commercial Airliner Interior [Commercial]

Comments

• All great Idea. thank you all so much. Will think about implementing them. :)

• dave_in_tenn said:

Every modification has been steps in the right direction.  Stuff of dreams and nightmares.  Question:  How will you handle any interior lighting for night flights and such?  How did you light your renders?  Emmissive surfaces?  If so, could you please name them helpfully?

Yes the full aircraft interiors have Emmissive lights that light everything up.  It is called Airline Celling light, and you will be able to change it to what ever color you want. or turn it off all togeather. I will have some presets for that as well.

inside lighting1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    inside lighting2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 989K
    inside lighting3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 891K
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

I keep coming back to this thread, and each time it gets MORE amazing....

Since you seem to be open to suggestion... 

Here are two ideas for "Add On" expansions.  

AIR FORCE ONE
    Air Force One

And While I know it was a DC9, it would be really cool to have a modern updated version of Hugh Hefner's "Big Bunny"
    Playboy's Big Bunny

Can't wait for the Big Bunny Stewardess Outfits for Genesis 9 Female!

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Very interesting product. If you can add textures mimicking different airline interiors would be great (e.g. the one shown looks a lot like either United or British Airways. Lufthansa are a bit mor on the "just grey" mood).  Great set, so far. Looking forward to hav it released.

Will the set be capable of "Please fasten your seat belts, fold away the tray table and open the window blinds"?

Will have a preset for different airline interiors. Here is a more gray one.

Also the seats now will have a seat buckle morph so you can dial up the belt. 

Set.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 893K
    seat1.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 262K
    seat2.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 272K
  • Chumly said:

I keep coming back to this thread, and each time it gets MORE amazing....

Since you seem to be open to suggestion... 

Here are two ideas for "Add On" expansions.  

AIR FORCE ONE
    Air Force One

And While I know it was a DC9, it would be really cool to have a modern updated version of Hugh Hefner's "Big Bunny"
    Playboy's Big Bunny

Can't wait for the Big Bunny Stewardess Outfits for Genesis 9 Female!

Great Ideas. Thanks for sharing. :D 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,337

This set is going to be just amazing, thank you so much for all the great details you're putting in. Am already saving up some of my store credit for it to hit the shop.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Please don't forget to give it those airplane trolleys for the steward/esse/s to push along the aisle, bumping legs and shoulders and sometimes heads, when selling stuff and/or serving food and drinks wink

• maikdecker said:

Please don't forget to give it those airplane trolleys for the steward/esse/s to push along the aisle, bumping legs and shoulders and sometimes heads, when selling stuff and/or serving food and drinks wink

Will do. :D 

• My hyperactive mind obsesses over details, and once it finds something out of place can think about nothing else. So here are a few observations.

The passenger service units (those overhead panels with with lights, light buttons, air vents, flight attendant call button, fasten seatbelt and no-smoking lights, announcement loudspeaker, and the place in between where oxygen masks drop down from) are only one per row. They should also be centered over the middle seat, and spread out enough so that those in the window and aisle seats don't have to crawl over the poor guy in the middle to reach them. Getting them where they should be could require a redesign of the overhead bins.

There should be an emergency exit row of seats over the wings, and that row should have more legroom than the others. Sometimes there are two rows adjacent to each other in larger aircraft. These are the rows where tall passengers like to sit.

Aside from the emergency exit rows the windows are evenly spaced, usually without regard to the spacing of the rows of seats. The spacing of windows is 20 to 24 inches, while the seating pitch in economy is 29 to 32 inches, so not all window seat passengers have conveniently placed windows. But this would doubtless make your job harder to do, so I'll just imagine your airline cabin exists in a better world than ours.

• Just wanted to say that this is looking fantastic! Great work on the modelling and texturing. Looking forward to the finished product :)
  • Binaries Torturer said:

My hyperactive mind obsesses over details, and once it finds something out of place can think about nothing else. So here are a few observations.

The passenger service units (those overhead panels with with lights, light buttons, air vents, flight attendant call button, fasten seatbelt and no-smoking lights, announcement loudspeaker, and the place in between where oxygen masks drop down from) are only one per row. They should also be centered over the middle seat, and spread out enough so that those in the window and aisle seats don't have to crawl over the poor guy in the middle to reach them. Getting them where they should be could require a redesign of the overhead bins.

There should be an emergency exit row of seats over the wings, and that row should have more legroom than the others. Sometimes there are two rows adjacent to each other in larger aircraft. These are the rows where tall passengers like to sit.

Aside from the emergency exit rows the windows are evenly spaced, usually without regard to the spacing of the rows of seats. The spacing of windows is 20 to 24 inches, while the seating pitch in economy is 29 to 32 inches, so not all window seat passengers have conveniently placed windows. But this would doubtless make your job harder to do, so I'll just imagine your airline cabin exists in a better world than ours.

You make some great points. and if I have time, I'll look into making some things better. :D 

• acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
    edited October 2022

Currently I am modeling one of the business class seating areas.

Post edited by acharyapolina on
  • Silent Winter said:

Just wanted to say that this is looking fantastic! Great work on the modelling and texturing. Looking forward to the finished product :)

Thank you all so much. :D 

• The only thing that bugs me is the handles on the window shades seem a bit high so you can't open the window most of the way.  I only mention it because looking out the window is my favorite part of flying.  Just a personal observation.  I think that you've done a wonderful job so far with this product and I'll definitely keep it on my radar for release.  Thank you for your efforts to create amazing content!

• AyngelFlyingWestward said:

The only thing that bugs me is the handles on the window shades seem a bit high so you can't open the window most of the way.  I only mention it because looking out the window is my favorite part of flying.  Just a personal observation.  I think that you've done a wonderful job so far with this product and I'll definitely keep it on my radar for release.  Thank you for your efforts to create amazing content!

Thank you very much for your input and your appreciation. :) 

• 5200north5200north Posts: 249

I will literally be the first one to buy this model. 

I just scanned the comments but will you be including a model of the restrooms?

Also, one of the things that  make the model of the 737 available on the other site so awful is that there isn't a way to make part of the the cabin invisible so posing a figure was a nightmare. 

I exported the model as an obj and try to chop it up to make it usable but it just was too frustrating. 

Here's a test render i did but it was taking forever to get anything what was worth thet effort. 

TRIP 3B.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 1M
  • acharyapolina said:

So an update on the chair. It now has a life vest under the seat. As you can see the arms move back and tray as well. In the back you will have 2 sliders to arrange the in flight media documents and barff bag around to give a bit more random to the seating.

Thank you for making those small but very useful changes. One of the hard parts with big set pieces with similar is objects is not having them all look cookie cutter and break the illusion. This looks amazing :D

• 5200north said:

I will literally be the first one to buy this model. 

I just scanned the comments but will you be including a model of the restrooms?

Also, one of the things that  make the model of the 737 available on the other site so awful is that there isn't a way to make part of the the cabin invisible so posing a figure was a nightmare. 

I exported the model as an obj and try to chop it up to make it usable but it just was too frustrating. 

Here's a test render i did but it was taking forever to get anything what was worth thet effort. 

I completely understand what you mean. And an option I could include would be a special camera for the set with section planes applied to the camera. That way you can cut away at any side of the model as you set up a scene, only leaving the parts you want to render.

Section planes are part of Daz3D and I find them incredibly useful in slicing up a scene that needs more light or a better camera angle but you cant get it because of obstructing walls.

• So here is the Business Class Seating. It will have animated divider, for more privacy, animated lights, and animated laptop tray, all indiviual for both sides. animated seat belt like the economy chair. and you will also have the option to have the bed put out for sleeping at night. 

Also comes with a watter bottle prop, wireless headphone prop, the flight magazine prop, barfbag prop and safety card prop.

business class6.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 448K
    business class2.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 346K
    business class4.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 347K
    business class3.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 351K
    business class1.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 308K
    business class7.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 274K
    business class5.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 361K
  • Just thinking. The wings are for a 4 engine aircraft. The 737 and 777 are twin engined. The only 4 engine modern passenger aircraft I know of tend to be the Arbus A340, A380 and Boeing 747. Would it be worthwhile to include a 'single engine on each wing' option? It could be done by having an ERC setting that hides the outboard engine and moves the inboard engine outboard by 1/3 the distance between the 2 engines, as they're on the underside of the wings there is no huge need to make the pylon attachment to the wing correct.

Otherwise, can I commend your modelling. Superb.

Regards,

Richard

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678

Way cool!  I wanted som good airplane interiors.  Not real ones, but models of it.

• richardandtracy said:

Just thinking. The wings are for a 4 engine aircraft. The 737 and 777 are twin engined. The only 4 engine modern passenger aircraft I know of tend to be the Arbus A340, A380 and Boeing 747. Would it be worthwhile to include a 'single engine on each wing' option? It could be done by having an ERC setting that hides the outboard engine and moves the inboard engine outboard by 1/3 the distance between the 2 engines, as they're on the underside of the wings there is no huge need to make the pylon attachment to the wing correct.

Otherwise, can I commend your modelling. Superb.

Regards,

Richard

Hi Richard, that is not a problem. Will make the engines seperate so you can choose where they are on the wings. :) and how many you have.

• So here is the airline wings set up so you can change the Engine position. :D

airline wing1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 234K
    airline wing2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 273K
  • Now that is impressive. Combine the fuse model, interior and wings with an 'above the clouds' HDRI (such as are available in various places) and then the only limit is imagination on what can be done. I really like it. Regards, Richard.
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Ok!
    How bout letting Richardandtracy be "product tester".... that way he can start on the Air-line stewardess and pose set!
    :)

• Help - no.

My brother is the purser (chief steward) on a Spanish Airline long haul crew. He's 6ft2in (1.88m) and has been a part time paratrooper, but he has a Spanish stewardess on his crew who's biceps are bigger than his thighs. She's 5'2" (1.57m) tall and is all muscle. She has been known to restrain rowdy passengers with one hand pinning their arms together behind their backs. Not sure poses like that would be desired! Might be fun, and very unusual in CG image terms, but not really desired. wink

Regards,

Richard

• this all looks amazing. any idea when you might be ready for release?

• Happyboy said:

this all looks amazing. any idea when you might be ready for release?

Well, it still might be a bit of time. currently, I'm working on the Business and First class seating which will be an add-on to the main product. and then next I want to create a pose set that will include poses for passengers and stewardesses in the aircraft, plus a bunch of props like food trays trolleys, and other airline packaged goods. Then I will submit the product to Daz as a Bundle product as well as individuals.

• Will there be a working restroom (ok that sounded odd, I mean working as in doors open, ect),?

• 5200north said:

Will there be a working restroom (ok that sounded odd, I mean working as in doors open, ect),?

Doors open and all walls re able to be turned off. but that is all that is animatable. Everything else are static models.