Commercial Airliner Interior [Commercial]

Comments

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238

acharyapolina said:

Timotheus said:

This is looking great, and I'm really looking forward to this one being released. I have had a visual story in mind for years now that is set almost entirely on a commercial aircraft. The existing interiors out there are simply not appropriate or poor quality, and I haven't been able to invest the time to model and texture it all myself. Thanks again for doing this project!

Your very welcome. I enjoy 3D modeling very much and this project is a lot of fun. a Visual story, are you talking about a Visual Novel made with Renpy? 

Quite possibly. It would either be a more traditional, "static" work like a web comic, or it would be something more interactive like a Renpy creation. I never had to make that decision before, but now I'll need to decide.

• If I can make one small suggestion, a morph for the materials in the seatback pocket to move them around a bit. Since the seats are repeating, have 40+ seats with the air sickness bag, magazine, safety card in the exact same position looks a little odd. Something that would either change the order of the items or maybe separate them apart further would be great for breaking up the similarities between seats so it looks less like a duplicated prop.

Looks great and agree with the others that this has been long overdue.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited October 2022

bytescapes said:

I look forward to the "Commercial Airliner Poses" set, featuring tall people squashed in their seats with their knees under their chins, two people fighting over the armrest, someone getting their bag out of the overhead locker while the cabin crew shout at them to sit down because the aircraft is still moving, etc. etc.

...yeah being tall and dealing with serious arthritis there is no way I can wedge myself into one of those "medieval torture devices" known as an economy class seat. particularly when the person in front reclines and effectively ends up sitting in your lap. I've been clouted by heavy carry on items when people were trying to remove them from the ovehad bins and received no apology as well as having to deal with brats kicking the back of my seat.

A few old Alaska airlines adverts form the 80s that in some cases foretold what passengers endure today.(yes Ryanair actually considered pay loos).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • jag11jag11 Posts: 885

bytescapes said:

I look forward to the "Commercial Airliner Poses" set, featuring tall people squashed in their seats with their knees under their chins, two people fighting over the armrest, someone getting their bag out of the overhead locker while the cabin crew shout at them to sit down because the aircraft is still moving, etc. etc.

Sounds like "A great way to fly". 

• HappyboyHappyboy Posts: 53
    edited October 2022

Really looking forward to this one. I've been searching for a first class/bussiness class interior for ages. Do you know what type of plane you are basing this off? A380 is what I REALLY want so I hope the modulare aspect can create different seating layoiuts . But it all looks great so far. keep up the good work

Post edited by Happyboy on
  • Here is a new render I created using the props.

New Render.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 554K
  • acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
    edited October 2022

MeneerWolfman said:

If I can make one small suggestion, a morph for the materials in the seatback pocket to move them around a bit. Since the seats are repeating, have 40+ seats with the air sickness bag, magazine, safety card in the exact same position looks a little odd. Something that would either change the order of the items or maybe separate them apart further would be great for breaking up the similarities between seats so it looks less like a duplicated prop.

Looks great and agree with the others that this has been long overdue.

Thats a great Idea. Will make it work. Thanks :) 

Post edited by acharyapolina on
  • So an update on the chair. It now has a life vest under the seat. As you can see the arms move back and tray as well. In the back you will have 2 sliders to arrange the in flight media documents and barff bag around to give a bit more random to the seating.

chair1.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 367K
    chair2.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 321K
    chair3.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 363K
    chair4.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 344K
    chair5.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 344K
    chair6.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 343K
  • Same with the Three Seat Set.

Three Seat Set 1.jpg
    1500 x 1061 - 255K
    Three Seat Set 2.jpg
    1500 x 1061 - 248K
    Three Seat Set 3.jpg
    1500 x 1061 - 243K
    Three Seat Set 4.jpg
    1500 x 1061 - 243K
    Three Seat Set 5.jpg
    1500 x 1061 - 244K
  • Next I have a few different seat material sets, that you can change. plus different head towel material presets, so you can mix and match for your desired look.

edited October 2022

Head Towel Sets.

Seat Towel1.jpg
    750 x 1061 - 112K
    Seat Towel2.jpg
    750 x 1061 - 111K
    Seat Towel3.jpg
    750 x 1061 - 114K
    Seat Towel4.jpg
    750 x 1061 - 112K
  • Seat color Presets.

Seat1.jpg
    750 x 1061 - 114K
    Seat2.jpg
    750 x 1061 - 125K
    Seat3.jpg
    750 x 1061 - 113K
    Seat4.jpg
    750 x 1061 - 119K
    Seat5.jpg
    750 x 1061 - 115K
    Seat6.jpg
    750 x 1061 - 122K
    Seat7.jpg
    750 x 1061 - 115K
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

This is very impressive. It really has that airliner feel now.

I'm starting to feel claustrophobic already. HOW long is this flight? Oh God, please don't let the obviously crazy person sit next to me. Now I'm sitting on one end of my seatbelt. Wait, that's not my seatbelt. The crazy person is trying to plug my seatbelt end into their buckle. Now I've dropped my passport on the floor and I can't quite reach it ...

Uh, sorry. Just experienced a sort of flashback there. I'm OK now.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,721

bytescapes, try flying from Madrid for your mother's funeral and a married guy tries to hook up with you. The steward moved the guy into First Class.

Or flying from London to San Francisco with a 13yo, almost 14yo teen and three dogs, seven pieces of luggage (uniforms, summer & winter clothing, orders, documents...), and from your hotel to your father's home, it took 19 hours. And kids were screaming. I haven't flown in 32 years. That was prior to 9/11 and the crazy security everyone goes through.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...so will there be business and first class seats coming?

• kyoto kid said:

Yes, I plan on creating an addon with those options available. plus another addon that will include poses for passengers and cabin crew. plus luggage props and cabin props.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,339

acharyapolina said:

kyoto kid said:

Yes, I plan on creating an addon with those options available. plus another addon that will include poses for passengers and cabin crew. plus luggage props and cabin props.

This sounds like a fun product line, I like the add-ons idea a lot. Maybe you'll want to add a basic (or partial) exterior and props for an emergency setting at one point, I'm just thinking - like escape slides, a life raft and such, and perhaps a wildly rolling and foaming sea for the plane to emergency-land into ... open suitcases and clothes drifing around ... shark fins on the horizon ...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,121

I'm pretty sure I've traveled on that plane. It looks great to me.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited January 2023

Greetings
    Looks great and is an insta buy....

Will the toilet area have an interior?  Asking for a friend.

If so, could you make each wall seperate so that they can be made invisible to help camera positioning.  If all the walls are one piece its all or nothing.

Thanks
    Sincerely
    Mile High Club

Post edited by Chumly on
  • Chumly said:

Greetings
    Looks great and is an insta buy....

Will the toilet area have an inerior?  Asking for a friend.

If so, could you make each wall seperate so that they can be made invisible to help camera positioning.  If all the walls are one piece its all or nothing.

Thanks
    Sincerely
    Mile High Club

Sure, not a problum. Will make it happen. :) 

• tsroemi said:

acharyapolina said:

kyoto kid said:

This sounds like a fun product line, I like the add-ons idea a lot. Maybe you'll want to add a basic (or partial) exterior and props for an emergency setting at one point, I'm just thinking - like escape slides, a life raft and such, and perhaps a wildly rolling and foaming sea for the plane to emergency-land into ... open suitcases and clothes drifing around ... shark fins on the horizon ...

Your Idea sounds really great. but it will have to wait until I have completed this project as it would take even more time to create. :D 

edited October 2022

So the first part of this kit is completed.

Currently I have the Lavatory area all with separated walls, so you can hide each wall, for camera placements.

Lavatory1.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 79K
    Lavatory2.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 99K
    Lavatory3.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 107K
    Lavatory4.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 94K
    edited October 2022

Next I have created a few premade sets for quick creations. First you have 2 seating sets. One for a 737 airline setup and the next for a 777 airline setup.

737 seating.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 757K
    777 seating.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 876K
    edited October 2022

Also included will be an empty preset modular set up of the 737 and 777 interiors as you can see here. It will be empty, so you will add the seating how you like.

737 body.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 203K
    737 int.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 423K
    777 body.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 175K
    777 int.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1014K
    edited October 2022

and finely, I created a simple exterior wing set up so you can attach it to the outside of your interior setup and your passengers can look out the aircraft windows and see the jet engines and wings as they fly to their destination. 

int wings.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 213K
    outside wings.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 305K
  • Next I will work on creating, Premeium Business and First Class seating. 

edited October 2022

So I was not so happy with the airline wings I created so here is a newer set, I think is better.

airline wings.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 677K
  • dave_in_tenndave_in_tenn Posts: 14
    edited October 2022

Every modification has been steps in the right direction.  Stuff of dreams and nightmares.  Question:  How will you handle any interior lighting for night flights and such?  How did you light your renders?  Emmissive surfaces?  If so, could you please name them helpfully?

Post edited by dave_in_tenn on
  • Very interesting product. If you can add textures mimicking different airline interiors would be great (e.g. the one shown looks a lot like either United or British Airways. Lufthansa are a bit mor on the "just grey" mood).  Great set, so far. Looking forward to hav it released.

Will the set be capable of "Please fasten your seat belts, fold away the tray table and open the window blinds"?

• Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 25

Awesome work so far! I've been looking for a modern airplane interior for awhile and can't wait to pick this up!

The more moveable stuff the better. Seats, trays, overheads, bathroom door, cabin door, emergency door, first class curtains, reading lights, window shades.

You could expand it further with prop packs like oxygen masks, suitcases and carry-on items, in flight dining and refreshments cart, comfort pillows, etc. Might also make things like the cockpit, cargo deck, and bathroom standalone modules that can be bought separately and snapped on. Cheers!