Genesis Render Thread

PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi all,

It struck me as odd that we don't have a Genesis render thread in the new forum. So I thought I would start one...

So feel free to come and strut your stuff...only one rule your render must contain genesis in some form.

The program you choose to render in is up to you whether it be DS, Poser, Carrara(not sure how well it works in Carrara currently but would love to see ; ) ) or even something more exotic like using collada export.

I thought I'd start us off with a couple of recent renders

The first is a render of the beautiful sari released by Mec4D

The second is a render of the new ydress and one of the new toon figures(can't remember the name but it starts with K)

Comments

• WiseavatarWiseavatar Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Im up for new Genesis renders.

Heres another showing Fantom shielding using 4.5's Geometry shell with the hair.

Ive now got it to work with uberenvironment occlusion and Raytraced shadows.

So this render at 800x1400 took 6 minutes.

softview.jpg
    800 x 1400 - 799K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Heres another showing Fantom shielding using 4.5's Geometry shell with the hair.

Cool...I love the hair! I haven't even started to look at the new geometry shell yet...
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Hmm thought I'd have a go at something, not that I'm any good at renders, I'm better at make the genesis character than making images. This took 1hour to render in DS4.5 and as soon as you through on some fur on and good lighting it really kills the speed.
    I used Lantios Lights 2 and of cause the character my own Sabbatic Goat for Genesis. Look forward to see more renders.
    Cheers

SB-800.jpg
    640 x 800 - 344K
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited August 2012

The portrait shot renders in under a minute at 800x800 with 4 lights, The character is the Genesis Chablis morph with the Princess texture. (Edited to swap in a version with Uberenvironment, which worked after dropping from IDL to Occlusion, render time about 2 minutes)

The scene shot with Genesis Dawn renders in about 40 minutes at 1200x1700, IIRC

Princess_Chablis_-_Red_Uber_Ocl.jpg
    800 x 800 - 46K
    Genesis_Dawn.jpg
    566 x 800 - 134K
    Post edited by DWG on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Hi all,

The second is a render of the new ydress and one of the new toon figures(can't remember the name but it starts with K)

That's a lovely sari. Where did you find it? Or is it a pre-release render?

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Most of my Genesis renders don't really show off what Genesis is really powerful for: mixing bodyshapes and/or geografting to make different figures. I do have a four-armed Succubus character I made, though, using RawArt's geografted arms. She can be seen here and here (both NSFW).

For Genesis as a simple figure, I like how my Steampunk Sniper kitbash turned out.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Genesis with V4 outfit done in Carrara 8.5

http://youtu.be/tBacLMWRd6U

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited August 2012

EDIT:

****oops****

I must have had the wrong size or sumphin'... lol

(sorry)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
    edited August 2012

YAY!! Genesis renders!! I only have older renders to share... but I wanna play along so here's a few from me... :)

The first one is the AWESOME Catgirl Genesis by MAB and WillDupre with 3DU's Jasmin and V4's Creature Morphs:

kitty3.jpg
    553 x 586 - 251K
    edited December 1969

Then, this one uses Genesis with RawArt's AWESOME Medolian:

medolianembrace.jpg
    459 x 586 - 202K
    edited December 1969

And, of course, I LOVE EVERYTHING 3DU!! :)

LifesBetter.jpg
    460 x 586 - 192K
    edited August 2012

Last, a baby I was trying to dial and was going to give as a freebie until I saw there was already a Genesis Baby... I used a bunch of dials... 3DU's Jasmin, being one of them. OK... I'm done now...lol

Baby03.jpg
    608 x 618 - 51K
  • Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 401
    edited August 2012

I never thought, when they introduced Genesis, I'd end up using it for pretty much everything. I only go back to the Gen 4 models if I absolutely have to now, which isn't something I ever expected to happen...

(Fingers crossed I don't butcher this image upload thing... Oops, I did. *sigh*)

Milos-barechest-scar.jpg
    500 x 700 - 66K
    faesword.jpg
    450 x 675 - 166K
    Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    edited December 1969

Ae a long time poser user I find myself using Genesis (with DS4 pro/Reality) more than any other figure. So versatile knowing I can use all my V4 custom morphs, can change the figure any way i want on the fly and most clothes fit all the time.

Here is genesis after riding her bike around town..

cycleesmall.jpg
    800 x 634 - 739K
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited August 2012

cwichura said:
    I do have a four-armed Succubus character I made, though, using RawArt's geografted arms. She can be seen here and here (both NSFW).

Reminds me of Dabbler from Grrl Power: http://www.grrlpowercomic.com/archives/621

Post edited by DWG on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Genesis with BloodBound for V4 and Ruby hair - all done in Carrara 8.5

Genesis_2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 88K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,121
    edited December 1969

Where can I learn about geometry shell and fantom shielding?
    edited December 1969

Wow! What a great response from everybody! I'm answering these during my lunchtime at work, I'll try and respond to everyone if not now then later tonight...

Hmm thought I'd have a go at something, not that I'm any good at renders, I'm better at make the genesis character than making images. This took 1hour to render in DS4.5 and as soon as you through on some fur on and good lighting it really kills the speed.
    I used Lantios Lights 2 and of cause the character my own Sabbatic Goat for Genesis. Look forward to see more renders.
    Cheers

Midnight, your render is fantastic you make tauran look amazing...I haven't had chance to try him out yet. I used Latinos lights 2 also. Aren't they just terrific!

edited December 1969

DWG said:
    The portrait shot renders in under a minute at 800x800 with 4 lights, The character is the Genesis Chablis morph with the Princess texture. (Edited to swap in a version with Uberenvironment, which worked after dropping from IDL to Occlusion, render time about 2 minutes)

The scene shot with Genesis Dawn renders in about 40 minutes at 1200x1700, IIRC

Great renders, occlusion seems to really add time to renders. I really like the way you included all the info...
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Pendraia said:
    Hi all,

That's a lovely sari. Where did you find it? Or is it a pre-release render?

Hi Joel, Mec4d released the sari at her store just yesterday. I was one of the first twenty to buy it and got a gift certificate for $5. Her store has some great items for genesis including Neanderthal and a terrific toga for genesis. Sorry I don't have a link at work...I will try and post it when I get home. Gotta go the bell just went...ill try and answer the rest tonight.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Wow! What a great response from everybody! I'm answering these during my lunchtime at work, I'll try and respond to everyone if not now then later tonight...

Cheers

Midnight, your render is fantastic you make tauran look amazing...I haven't had chance to try him out yet. I used Latinos lights 2 also. Aren't they just terrific!
    Now that's a compliment if you think it's tauran, I should have the Sabbatic Goat out next month the fur is giving me some grief at the moment got to try some different trans maps to speed the render up. Lantios Lights make anything look good !

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,121
    edited December 1969

Here is Genesis with the new Addison character, a few dialed morphs and Cara Hair (autofit from V4). She's, showing off her Genesis Bikini on a sunny Florida beach.

Genesis_Addison_Cara_Hair_on_beach.jpg
    800 x 1182 - 586K
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Genesis with V4 outfit done in Carrara 8.5

http://youtu.be/tBacLMWRd6U

Cool bigh! I've always wanted to give animating a try...it's nice to see Genesis in Carrara.
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Most of my Genesis renders don't really show off what Genesis is really powerful for: mixing bodyshapes and/or geografting to make different figures. I do have a four-armed Succubus character I made, though, using RawArt's geografted arms. She can be seen here and here (both NSFW).

For Genesis as a simple figure, I like how my Steampunk Sniper kitbash turned out.

I like the steampunk sniper...I had problems remembering my password so wasn't able to look at the others.

Feel free to post any renders of Genesis they don't have to be fantasy characters or monsters. I would like to see more people's attempts at normal people and kids.

edited December 1969

Last, a baby I was trying to dial and was going to give as a freebie until I saw there was already a Genesis Baby... I used a bunch of dials... 3DU's Jasmin, being one of them. OK... I'm done now...lol
    Love all your renders Jas...but I especially love your baby one...so cute!
    edited December 1969

Kachi said:
    I never thought, when they introduced Genesis, I'd end up using it for pretty much everything. I only go back to the Gen 4 models if I absolutely have to now, which isn't something I ever expected to happen...

(Fingers crossed I don't butcher this image upload thing... Oops, I did. *sigh*)

Hi Kachi, I'm pretty much the same I have touched gen 4 or gen 3 in a long time. Great renders I really love your drow nice mix of fantasy and everyday.

edited December 1969

Ae a long time poser user I find myself using Genesis (with DS4 pro/Reality) more than any other figure. So versatile knowing I can use all my V4 custom morphs, can change the figure any way i want on the fly and most clothes fit all the time.

Here is genesis after riding her bike around town..

Being female my first thought was how can she be so skinny and so big up top. lol Her poor back...lol

Great render though!

edited December 1969

DWG said:
    cwichura said:
    I do have a four-armed Succubus character I made, though, using RawArt's geografted arms. She can be seen here and here (both NSFW).

Reminds me of Dabbler from Grrl Power: http://www.grrlpowercomic.com/archives/621Ooh way cool...I'm going to have to try and remember my password so I can check the render.

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Genesis with BloodBound for V4 and Ruby hair - all done in Carrara 8.5

I like the shiny bits on the clothing are they Carrara shaders or the original settings in Carrara? It's so nice to see Genesis being used in Carrara can you do all the stuff you can in DS or is it more limited?
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

Cheers

Now that's a compliment if you think it's tauran, I should have the Sabbatic Goat out next month the fur is giving me some grief at the moment got to try some different trans maps to speed the render up. Lantios Lights make anything look good !

Oops...sorry I was in a hurry cause I was on a break at work...that is a very cool character are you releasing it through Daz? As a capricorn I'd feel obliged to buy a Sabbatic Goat...; )